How many 360 controllers have u broken?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="Palantas"]

What's wrong with you people? Punching pillows, couches and doors and smashing controllers because you get mad at a video game. Sounds like you need to grow up.x-2tha-z

Okay Mr. Spock, a lot of grownups like to vent when competitive events don't go their way. This is not abnormal.

Sorry, I don't watch Star Trek so I don't get the Spock joke. And BTW, it is possible for adults to act immature. I think it's immature to punch things and break controllers because you're mad at a game. You think it's normal? You must do it too.

He didn't say it was mature or immature. He only said it's normal for adults to vent when competitive events don't go their way.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
none
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

[QUOTE="bluem00se"]If you've broken a controller simply out of rage, you've got problems. The way I see it, even if you're that pissed off, at least vent in a way that you won't regret. When you deliberately smash a controller, that's like lighting a 50 dollar bill on fire. Lance_Kalzas
People who have broken a controller because they're pissed off at a video game do not have problems. Even if you have a degree in Psychology, you do not have enough supporting evidence to make such a statement which is, for all intents and purposes, a psychological diagnosis so get off your holier than thou pedestal and come back down to Earth.

Totally Agree with u on that.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
3....:( but this last one has lasted me awhile never busted one but i have thrown a couple
Avatar image for LithuanianGamer
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LithuanianGamer
Member since 2009 • 2997 Posts
3....:( but this last one has lasted me awhile never busted one but i have thrown a couple XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Control your anger
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
0 :D although I have broken a drumstick playing rock band lmao.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#107 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

None

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#108 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="Palantas"]

Okay Mr. Spock, a lot of grownups like to vent when competitive events don't go their way. This is not abnormal.

Lance_Kalzas

Sorry, I don't watch Star Trek so I don't get the Spock joke. And BTW, it is possible for adults to act immature. I think it's immature to punch things and break controllers because you're mad at a game. You think it's normal? You must do it too.

He didn't say it was mature or immature. He only said it's normal for adults to vent when competitive events don't go their way.

I didn't say he said it was mature or immature. He said it "is not abnormal". I asked him if he thought it was normal. Quite obvious if you actually read the quoted posts.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#109 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Hmmm, None. And that includes both the Microsoft-branded controller and a third-party one I'd got as a giftie.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#110 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

1, however I didn't break it just went out from normal wear & tear through gaming.

Azatos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Azatos
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

0, I actually treat my possesions with care instead of throwing them out the window.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Lance_Kalzas

[QUOTE="Lance_Kalzas"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]Sorry, I don't watch Star Trek so I don't get the Spock joke. And BTW, it is possible for adults to act immature. I think it's immature to punch things and break controllers because you're mad at a game. You think it's normal? You must do it too.x-2tha-z

I didn't say he said it was mature or immature. He said it "is not abnormal". I asked him if he thought it was normal. Quite obvious if you actually read the quoted posts.

1. You're far too judgmental of other people. 2. You said you think it's immature and I felt inclined to comment on that. Isn't that what these forum boards are for? Plus he didn't say that and you did so I wanted to point that out.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I've never broken a 360 controller.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#114 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
2 both of them from Halo 3 lol the right analog stick doesnt turn properly anymore :(
xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts

NONE! I don't get angry at my games because in single player I NEVER die but when i do online i don't really care because why would you.Your mad at someone just own them the next round.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 x-2tha-z

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

[QUOTE="Lance_Kalzas"] He didn't say it was mature or immature. He only said it's normal for adults to vent when competitive events don't go their way. Lance_Kalzas

1. You're far too judgmental of other people. 2. You said you think it's immature and I felt inclined to comment on that. Isn't that what these forum boards are for? Plus he didn't say that and you did so I wanted to point that out.

1 - Your judging me as being too judgemental. LOL. You're funny

2- I did say it was immature. You can comment on that all you like, you won't change my opinion. Punching doors and breaking controllers because you're mad at a game is immature IMO. I think most people would agree. Those who disagree are probably door punchers and controller breakers so they aren't going to admit their actions are immature.

3 - These baords are for what? Getting involved in a disagreement between two people when it has nothing to do with you? Well, that's debatable. And there was no need to point out what I said and what he didn't say. Everyone here can read.

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

none. :P.. my original one that came with my 360 still works.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Lance_Kalzas
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

[QUOTE="Lance_Kalzas"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

2- I did say it was immature. You can comment on that all you like, you won't change my opinion. Punching doors and breaking controllers because you're mad at a game is immature IMO. I think most people would agree. Those who disagree are probably door punchers and controller breakers so they aren't going to admit their actions are immature.

3 - These baords are for what? Getting involved in a disagreement between two people when it has nothing to do with you? Well, that's debatable. And there was no need to point out what I said and what he didn't say. Everyone here can read.

1. That might very well sound hypocritical, right? But how else can someone else tell you that you're wrong for it? Okay then. 2. I don't punch doors nor break controllers but I don't think someone is immature for doing so. If that's how someone chooses to vent their frustration, then so be it. They know what the consequences are; they have to buy a new controller or fix the door. So what? It's their choice and I'm sorry but you don't have the right to condemn anyone for it so like I said to someone else in this thread, get off your high horse and come back to Earth. 3. It's called Freedom of Speech. These are message boards. You're criticizing me for commenting on a public conversation so that's not even debatable.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#119 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Since I was three and from the Nes to the three current systems I have broken zero. An Xbox controller doesn't work well for me though, two PS2 controllers have messed up triggers, one 360 controller's left stick is a little messed up and it has a broken battery pack, and one of my 360 controllers works fine but screws up my headset every now and then when I use it. They just break because they are used a lot and/or are crap, I've never broken one by throwing ro dropping it.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 x-2tha-z

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

[QUOTE="Lance_Kalzas"] 1. You're far too judgmental of other people. 2. You said you think it's immature and I felt inclined to comment on that. Isn't that what these forum boards are for? Plus he didn't say that and you did so I wanted to point that out.Lance_Kalzas

1. That might very well sound hypocritical, right? But how else can someone else tell you that you're wrong for it? Okay then. 2. I don't punch doors nor break controllers but I don't think someone is immature for doing so. If that's how someone chooses to vent their frustration, then so be it. They know what the consequences are; they have to buy a new controller or fix the door. So what? It's their choice and I'm sorry but you don't have the right to condemn anyone for it so like I said to someone else in this thread, get off your high horse and come back to Earth. 3. It's called Freedom of Speech. These are message boards. You're criticizing me for commenting on a public conversation so that's not even debatable.

FFS What's wrong with you? Do you always exaggerate this much and try to twist things. I NEVER said what they were doing was wrong, I just said it was immature. Don't even try to say it's the same thing because it isn't. I didn't condemn anyone either. I just said it was immature. That's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. You have to learn to be able to accept other peoples opinion, especially if your going to shout about freedom of speech.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Lance_Kalzas
Exaggerate? How? You said they're immature. I said you're wrong for saying that, which is, in effect, disagreeing with you. Are you saying I can't disagree with you? If this is how someone chooses to vent their frustration, who are you to say they're immature?
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 x-2tha-z

Exaggerate? How? You said they're immature. I said you're wrong for saying that, which is, in effect, disagreeing with you. Are you saying I can't disagree with you? If this is how someone chooses to vent their frustration, who are you to say they're immature?Lance_Kalzas

This is how you exaggerated. I said it was immature to break controllers because you're mad at a game. You changed that to me saying they're WRONG for doing so and you also said I CONDEMNED them for doing it. I never condemned anyone. You exaggerated. Finally, I can say what I want. Freedom of speech, remember?

tyler22221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#123 tyler22221
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts

None

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
none. Though on my main controller the left analog stick is losing it's grip (the four little bumps are gone now). That's about it.
LeFeverBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 LeFeverBeaver
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts
A tip to those sticky buttons and such; get an alcohol swab (easy for me to say; I'm a nurse) and clean the controller head to foot every few hours of play. After about 2 weeks my middle "X" button started to stick and give me trouble, but an alcohol swab cured that :) I've actually broken a phone with a tequila bottle because Zuma got too hard on the higher levels lol. Well, actually, my phones graphics capabilities caused so much lag in gameplay it made it impossible to win, so I started punching the phone... then when that wasn't satisfying enough... "Oh Jose!"
catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 catrocr
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts
I have "misused" 2 controllers. They never actually broke per se, but the right analog click gets really sensitive after a while until every time I try to shoot someone in COD4 I swipe with the knife instead--costing me time and usually resulting in my death. This is not because of misuse, but because of the design over time the right stick click just gets really sensitive. So I had to buy 2 new wireless controllers so far for a cost of $100 in total. COD4 won't let me map the right stick click to , only knife or crouch. Seriously, EVERY game should allow you to totally customize the controller! This should be Game Design 101.
parducciman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 parducciman
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I havn't broken any yet... though I have tossed my controller, but only once, and it wasn't really that hard of a throw =-P

Though, that same controller is starting to wear out just from normal use. The left stick is totally worn smooth and a couple of teh buttons are starting to stick.

LeFeverBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 LeFeverBeaver
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts

I havn't broken any yet... though I have tossed my controller, but only once, and it wasn't really that hard of a throw =-P

Though, that same controller is starting to wear out just from normal use. The left stick is totally worn smooth and a couple of teh buttons are starting to stick.

parducciman
rubbing alcohol...
bmorgan300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 bmorgan300
Member since 2009 • 150 Posts

none, i don't get angry in games:P

munchlax99
BULL SH*T
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#130 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Haha, no, I haven't done this, though I did lose a controller (I think I let someone borrow it, maybe? this happens quite a bit to me, I also lost Halo 3 this way).
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

This is how you exaggerated. I said it was immature to break controllers because you're mad at a game.x-2tha-z

Does breaking controllers make someone an immature person?

irwin888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#132 irwin888
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

Came close a few times, but I have yet to completely render one useless. I think one of 'em is almost ready to give up the ghost, though.

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts
first controller, played too many RE5 that the A button broke, the second one got the battery chamber broken that everytime you push it, you have to reconect it. now im with my third one, hope it doesnt broke D:
rns1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 rns1016
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
None but I did send one of my controllers back to Microsoft. The right thumb stick was making this screeching noise. They shipped it back to me in the same condition. So I sold it on Craigslist for $40 and got a black controller for $40 from newegg.
darkchrisify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 darkchrisify
Member since 2009 • 159 Posts
none but the charger is a little messed up
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I think two or three controllers at this point and all of which were small problems.