Holy ****ing ****, if you didn't think DLC was getting out of hand before...

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

...you can't deny it now. Gotham City Imposters, an ARCADE GAME that ISN'T EVEN OUT YET has 105 DLC packs totaling $220. (If I did the math right.) I rated every single one 1 star on principle. PLEASE, no one buy a single one of them, ever. We NEED to tell them that this s*** is not okay.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

All of them are actually unlockable for free in the full game.

The DLC is just for impatient people with more money than sense.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 INF1DEL
I kinda figured that and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. They shouldn't give people the option to waste their money like that. It still makes me mad, but I guess the blame lies with the people who buy this ****. I think about this often, whether or not it's okay to take money from "people with more money than sense" like this. I think of it the same way as a scam.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 balfe1990

I kinda figured that and I'm not sure if that's good or bad. They shouldn't give people the option to waste their money like that. It still makes me mad, but I guess the blame lies with the people who buy this ****. I think about this often, whether or not it's okay to take money from "people with more money than sense" like this. I think of it the same way as a scam. INF1DEL

If it had adopted the same model as Team Fortress, then it'd be more than okay. i.e. Free to Play but you have the option of buying small cosmetic upgrades if you feel the desire.

The fact is though, that the game costs €15. Granted, as far as I know, most of, if not all of the content is unlockable at some point in the game.

If that's not the case however, then yes, it is somewhat of a scam. Then again, it is entirely optional and has no effect on the gameplay whether you buy it or not.

Take it as you will. The thing that truly annoys me though is how each individual piece of content is listed and it just clutters up the Game Marketplace.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

at least its only an arcade game. i tried the beta, found it annoying. i wouldnt have paid $40-60 for this game, but if it's only like 1200MS pts, i might consider it. the DLC is always a joke, and yeah they have those DLC packs you can buy for a lot of games now if you are too lazy to actually unlock it for free.

Rhys2SkilleD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rhys2SkilleD
Member since 2012 • 149 Posts

swear much?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

...you can't deny it now. Gotham City Imposters, an ARCADE GAME that ISN'T EVEN OUT YET has 105 DLC packs totaling $220. (If I did the math right.) I rated every single one 1 star on principle. PLEASE, no one buy a single one of them, ever. We NEED to tell them that this s*** is not okay.

INF1DEL

You don't understand what you're talking about

They're early unlocks for everything you can get in the game, none of it is needed if you actually plan on spending some time with the game because it will be unlocked as you progress

Next time you may want to understand the subject before you rant about it

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Depending on how much grinding is required for unlocking, those packs may be helpful to people who don't want to grind.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

No one forces anyone to buy DLC...let the people speak with their wallets.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

it's not that big of a deal, it's all cosmetic stuff that doesnt change the way the game is played, none of it is required and it's all unlockable in the main game. It's just there for people who don't wanna play 3 hours a day for the next year to be able to dress their character how they want.

and, you better be getting used to it, more and more games both arcade and retail are gonna start moving toward the micro-transaction business model because it's been proven to work and be very profitable. I bet a lot of games are gonna start giving you the game for free then you'll have to buy each weapon/item or even the next set of levels seperately for $1-$10 each

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I do think its rediculouse to have tons od dlc come out for a game that should have had all of it already in the game, such as cod, gears, assassins creed, Not evereygame needs dlc

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 INF1DEL

They're early unlocks for everything you can get in the game, none of it is needed if you actually plan on spending some time with the game because it will be unlocked as you progress

Jaysonguy

Even if you can unlock the stuff in the game, even if it's all cosmetic and has no real effect on gameplay, is it not still ridiculous that they give you the option to buy it for $1-$4 each? 105 different items? It's stupid that they let you buy it if you're not even going to spend enough time with it to actually unlock it. If you are then you shouldn't buy it. If nothing else, it makes me mad that they're polluting the marketplace with this s***.

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

INF1DEL

Even if you can unlock the stuff in the game, even if it's all cosmetic and has no real effect on gameplay, is it not still ridiculous that they give you the option to buy it for $1-$4 each? 105 different items? It's stupid that they let you buy it if you're not even going to spend enough time with it to actually unlock it. If you are then you shouldn't buy it. If nothing else, it makes me mad that they're polluting the marketplace with this s***.

is it hurting your gaming experience ? oh no ? then STFU. Jesus some people don't have the time to unlock all this stuff so they let them buy it. jesus your annoying.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 INF1DEL
I'm sure you're just trolling, but I think it's just wrong on principal.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

I'm sure you're just trolling, but I think it's just wrong on principal. INF1DEL

Nothing is wrong about it, you have no idea what you're talking about here

People may like the game but don't have time to unlock a certain thing in the game, this allows them to unlock it and use it.

Know what's wrong? Someone going online and marking each piece of DLC with a one star review because they didn't know anything that they were talking about.

Demonfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Demonfail
Member since 2012 • 233 Posts
Some people have more money than sense. /thread
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="INF1DEL"]I'm sure you're just trolling, but I think it's just wrong on principal. Jaysonguy

People may like the game but don't have time to unlock a certain thing in the game, this allows them to unlock it and use it.

Know what's wrong? Someone going online and marking each piece of DLC with a one star review because they didn't know anything that they were talking about.

More time than sense in his/her case.

This really isn't a big deal at all and has existed in games for a while. Why some get all bent out of shape over it is beyond me.

z50macdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 z50macdaddy
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts

Too late I just bought the game and some DLC.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
There is nothing wrong with that
Norrie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Norrie91
Member since 2009 • 2444 Posts

DLC started getting out of hand like 2 or 3 years ago... Where Have You Been!?

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 INF1DEL

Jaysonguy

You seem very insistent that I don't know what I'm talking about over what seems to be a difference of opinion. I think it's wrong that people are given the option to spend that much money on something that doesn't do anything. If there is some ridiculous requirement to unlock something that is really cool, I could see someone spending a couple dollars on it. That's not what I have a problem with. What I have a problem with is that there are 105 (one-hundred and five) different DLCs for $220 total. Some people are stupid, and some people will $50+ to unlock stuff in the game. (Proof: games like Farmville which allow you to spend real money for different colored cows and s***.)

I guess I just have to get over the fact that some people are stupid and will be taken advantage of. At least they could have made 5-10 DLCs for $5-$10 each. 105 is stupid and ridiculous. I think MS should be a little more restrictive about the number of tiny DLC packs a game can have to avoid flooding the marketplace with stupid crap (See also: Rock Band).

Edit: Okay, I guess I can't say it's wrong since they're probably not targeting those people with the DLC. But still, 105? Seriously?

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 balfe1990

I think MS should be a little more restrictive about the number of tiny DLC packs a game can have to avoid flooding the marketplace with stupid crap (See also: Rock Band).

INF1DEL

That I can definitely agree with. It's completely disheartening to open up the Game Marketplace and find all the quality content is drowned out by individual Rock Band tracks, Dance Central tracks and Yoo Star bullsh*t.

They should have a seperate section and segregate all that bollocks there. Leave the main marketplace for actual content.

I thought they might have sorted it out with the new dash, but no such luck.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

you think that is serious, this game's DLC cost literally thousands.

the game is railworks: train simulator 2012.

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

INF1DEL: I think it's wrong that people are given the option to spend that much money on something that doesn't do anything.

You're getting mad about this but you're not upset about the ridiculous number of t-shirts, outfits, costumes, and props that can be unlocked for avatars? At the end of the day you're getting upset about an option. No one is forcing anyone to buy it and you're not missing out on any content by choosing not to buy it. At least this isn't like other games that stop you from experiencing in-game content because you can't spend $10-15 on it.

AND I think it's a good idea. What if there is one particular weapon that I really like, but don't have the ability to unlock it until very late in the game? I can choose to wait, or if I want to, I can use my money to unlock it earlier AND make my experience more enjoyable because I would be having more fun. So, I would say that it does do "something." People spend money on ridiculous things, and what they do with it is their busniness. No reason to get upset about it.

I will be buying this game, and I won't be buying any of the DLC. And I'm not going to get mad if other people do.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I've spent like ten bucks on microtransactions in GCI... Who cares? Its all cosmetic stuff that doesn't so anything, but I like looking at it.. Are you also outraged about Gears 3 microtransactions?
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

No one forces anyone to buy DLC...let the people speak with their wallets.

immortality20
/thread
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#28 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

All of them are actually unlockable for free in the full game.

The DLC is just for impatient people with more money than sense.

balfe1990
Then it's really not bad. See what thinking does for you people? If anything actually proves pricing in live is out of wack it's the avatar market place or these map packs with only three or five maps being sold off for ten to fifteen dollars a pop.
ccopyrightt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ccopyrightt
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
hey man ,I got a cheap to have all the DLCs.you said it's 220 bucks . I think it will only cost 70 to have them all . pm me and I 'll show you how to get them all
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
It's really not a big deal. I have the game, and all the DLC is unlockable in the game. Basically, you are awarded "unlock packs" when you level up (think CoD and unlocking weapons). You can spend your unlocks on weapons and perks, etc. For the clothing, you are awarded "costume points" by playing the game. No one will like all the outfits, so most will spend their points on the gear they want and have no need for microtransactions. But it's there if you want it.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#31 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

We live in a Capitalist system. That by default endorses a barbaric drift, with acquiring endless goods and resources at its core. Because of the way the Capitalist system works, those with power, and those who wish to gain power will refuse to allow regulation. In the Capitalist system, the only ones in power are the ones with the most goods and resources, or the ones with the most destructive capabilities. A small reform group or individuals will suffer the same fate as a dried up tree in Autumn trying to survive a tornado. Good luck and good game, I am sure there are other people who saw the DLC, bored at night, and gave the DLC Five stars, while more felt the same way as you, giving them One star. In the end, the score will average out to probably 3.5 or 4 stars.

Give it up, the majority of people actually "choose" to be taken advantage off. They choose the system. They want a rule free environment because they want to take their chances at scoring big. Unless you have the power to bring down the entire world and the systems created by various societies that support a barbaric drift, and unless you yourself contain a lot of will power over yourself and charm over others, nothing will change.

Enjoy life, relax, be happy, and stop believing that there is something called a principle that is actually "valid". Many people with the same principle as yours might not even follow it for your reasons.

And if you want to follow principles, on a subjective level, and feel that you can make a difference, change something big... like saving your children and the children of society from forced vaccines (essentially saving them from becoming lab rats and autistic, allergy afflicted, corporate slaves). Maybe if you change something like that you will gain enough power to change other things. Having the power to give every DLC one star...amounts to a power that can change nothing.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
lol this is like selling someone a game, and then selling them the beaten version of the game so they don't even have to play it. Why would you even buy it in the first place if you're not going to play it? It just boggles my mind.
ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 ALLoY1717
Member since 2003 • 6753 Posts

Depending on how much grinding is required for unlocking, those packs may be helpful to people who don't want to grind.CodingGenius
It is only cosmetic stuff, capes cowls shirts and so on (I think) Honestly though it is a good idea. I have no problem with them making the game this way, I'm not one for unlocking things with cash as it is far more satisfying working towards it with points I earn in game.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eternal-Entity

lol this is like selling someone a game, and then selling them the beaten version of the game so they don't even have to play it. Why would you even buy it in the first place if you're not going to play it? It just boggles my mind.wwervin

Pretty much they get to play through the story and mess around. Like God Mode.

ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ALLoY1717

[QUOTE="wwervin"]lol this is like selling someone a game, and then selling them the beaten version of the game so they don't even have to play it. Why would you even buy it in the first place if you're not going to play it? It just boggles my mind.Eternal-Entity

Sort of. However the most extreme example of this comes from NFS Pro Street. You can literally pay for all the rewards given for beating the career mode, essentially making it useless. Check it out, drop down to where it says Sports Car Bundle, Tuner Car Bundle etc, and read the description of each. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/NFS-ProStreet/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410822

Remember when we had built in free cheat codes to do this stuff?

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i just spent 50$ on it and dlc

ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ALLoY1717

almasdeathchild
I only found out it was an XBLA title shortly after I played the beta. I was sold on it as a full retail game, so I would have been fine throwing $50 at it.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]lol this is like selling someone a game, and then selling them the beaten version of the game so they don't even have to play it. Why would you even buy it in the first place if you're not going to play it? It just boggles my mind.ALLoY1717

Sort of. However the most extreme example of this comes from NFS Pro Street. You can literally pay for all the rewards given for beating the career mode, essentially making it useless. Check it out, drop down to where it says Sports Car Bundle, Tuner Car Bundle etc, and read the description of each. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/NFS-ProStreet/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245410822

Remember when we had built in free cheat codes to do this stuff?

Well, from my old knowledge of playing MMORPG games on the PC, I would relate this concept to having "private servers" for games. People "like" the options of such things. You can also relate this to people who read the end of the book first, and then read the entire story.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

They shouldn't give people the option....blah blahINF1DEL

And thats where your opinion went wrong.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="INF1DEL"]They shouldn't give people the option....blah blahseankane

There is no such thing as an opinion going wrong. Simply, that was where his opinion became discredited in your and some other people's consciousness. But he is correct on that account in societal terms. Only people who understand and are educated on a topic should be given an option on that topic.

Example 1:

A 39 year old male, known to be rational, is taught about the logic of guns to protect his paralyzed wife and 3 year old son. He is then given a gun, which by default entails the option to take a human life. Here, we as a society (through an arbitrary regulation policy and body which we have designated) have given him the option to hurt human beings through the use of a particular gun and its bullet type

Example 2:

A 3 year old is crying, and a 39 year old male gives to that 3 year old a gun as a toy that is loaded with 3 bullets. The gun is in no way safe guarded, and the 3 year old has no information on how to use a gun, and the 3 year old simply knows that pressing the trigger makes a loud noise and things come out and it is fun. The 3 year old pulls the trigger while pointing at the 39 year old male's pelvic area. Someone, gave that 3 year old the option to harm human beings through the use of a particular gun and its bullet type.

Moral of the story: Options are not to be accessed by any human being, and are not an inherent right, but rather a priviledge gained through knowledge and understand. *This applies to humans who are part of a society. Those humans who are completely out of the scope of any human society and those who are not humans, need not worry about this, as it does not apply to them. Operationalization of human: Anyone that resides in a society of beings, with at least 10% (at least 10 out of 100 beings, not 1 out of 10) of the beings in an agreement as to the "being" being a human.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 seankane

There is no such thing as an opinion going wrong. Simply, that was where his opinion became discredited in your and some other people's consciousness. But he is correct on that account in societal terms. Only people who understand and are educated on a topic should be given an option on that topic.

Example 1:

A 39 year old male, known to be rational, is taught about the logic of guns to protect his paralyzed wife and 3 year old son. He is then given a gun, which by default entails the option to take a human life. Here, we as a society (through an arbitrary regulation policy and body which we have designated) have given him the option to hurt human beings through the use of a particular gun and its bullet type

Example 2:

A 3 year old is crying, and a 39 year old male gives to that 3 year old a gun as a toy that is loaded with 3 bullets. The gun is in no way safe guarded, and the 3 year old has no information on how to use a gun, and the 3 year old simply knows that pressing the trigger makes a loud noise and things come out and it is fun. The 3 year old pulls the trigger while pointing at the 39 year old male's pelvic area. Someone, gave that 3 year old the option to harm human beings through the use of a particular gun and its bullet type.

Moral of the story: Options are not to be accessed by any human being, and are not an inherent right, but rather a priviledge gained through knowledge and understand. *This applies to humans who are part of a society. Those humans who are completely out of the scope of any human society and those who are not humans, need not worry about this, as it does not apply to them. Operationalization of human: Anyone that resides in a society of beings, with at least 10% (at least 10 out of 100 beings, not 1 out of 10) of the beings in an agreement as to the "being" being a human.

Eternal-Entity

You really went through way too much effort to write up what is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. We are not talking about giving people the power to kill here. You come across as somebody who is desperately trying to sound intellectual, but is so fogged up by it, that you lose the ability to make a valid point.

The point is that for people who dont want to grind or do whatever to unlock this content, its nice for them to have the option of paying for it. It is not yourright to decide whether or not what somebody buys is worth it or not.

And just to humor you,you cant categorize all options as priviledges. They may be in some cases, but that doesn't mean all are. For instance, when I lie down, I have the option of laying on my back or on my side. How on earth is that option a priviledge born of knowledge and understanding? You dont know what you're talking about.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

it's not that big of a deal, it's all cosmetic stuff that doesnt change the way the game is played, none of it is required and it's all unlockable in the main game. It's just there for people who don't wanna play 3 hours a day for the next year to be able to dress their character how they want.

and, you better be getting used to it, more and more games both arcade and retail are gonna start moving toward the micro-transaction business model because it's been proven to work and be very profitable. I bet a lot of games are gonna start giving you the game for free then you'll have to buy each weapon/item or even the next set of levels seperately for $1-$10 each

Which is fine by me as long as the micro-expenditures aren't necessary to enjoy the game or be competitive.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

Elraptor

Which is fine by me as long as the micro-expenditures aren't necessary to enjoy the game or be competitive.

that's the point, they will let you play for free, but if you wanna be competitive, your gonna have to buy the better weapons/items

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Example 1:

Example 2:

seankane

You really went through way too much effort to write up what is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. We are not talking about giving people the power to kill here. You come across as somebody who is desperately trying to sound intellectual, but is so fogged up by it, that you lose the ability to make a valid point.

The point is that for people who dont want to grind or do whatever to unlock this content, its nice for them to have the option of paying for it. It is not yourright to decide whether or not what somebody buys is worth it or not.

And just to humor you,you cant categorize all options as priviledges. They may be in some cases, but that doesn't mean all are. For instance, when I lie down, I have the option of laying on my back or on my side. How on earth is that option a priviledge born of knowledge and understanding? You dont know what you're talking about.

I will not go astray from the topic at hand to explain my explanation. The examples that I gave were relevant to the topic because they provided a scenario for the possible outcomes of options. When human beings discuss, "who decides how much parking space from a fire hydrant is legal and illegal" and arrive at the outcome that it is arbitrary and most rules and regulations are not logical, it will, on a philosophical level, continually expand, and the argument can become, "who does the research for controlled substances, and under what basis are they illegal for recreational use?" See the difference. That is the evolution of humans, human beings need not confine themselves in a box.

"The point is that for people who dont want to grind or do whatever to unlock this content, its nice for them to have the option of paying for it. It is not yourright to decide whether or not what somebody buys is worth it or not."

Never did I claim that it is my right. I simply said that they should have knowledge and understanding before being allowed to have an option to do something. Because of the lack of understanding of many things, the gap between the rich and poor increases. Too many people wish to be free of all rule, of all regulations, that they go so far as to forsake knowledge and understanding, and simply do things for the sake of doing. This is where the malady of the infinite becomes apparent.

"And just to humor you,you cant categorize all options as priviledges. They may be in some cases, but that doesn't mean all are. For instance, when I lie down, I have the option of laying on my back or on my side. How on earth is that option a priviledge born of knowledge and understanding? You dont know what you're talking about."

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, such options of those nature are not ones that can be taken away without infringing on the human body. There will be exceptions, and I was wrong to claim, "all options."

"You really went through way too much effort to write up what is a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. We are not talking about giving people the power to kill here. You come across as somebody who is desperately trying to sound intellectual, but is so fogged up by it, that you lose the ability to make a valid point."

It is relevant, regardless of the shortcomings, if you read the intention of what I was typing (if you "try" to understand), you would be able to understand. Yes, my argument was no "intelletual", because I type these posts from work, while I am usually hiding out somewhere near a computer taking breaks. I had no intention of saying I was the final authority on the subject.

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
I know for a lot of people the whole DLC thing seems like an unfair waste on a gamer's wallet, but it never really bothered me. When I did see all the DLC pop up for Gotham Imposters, I had to laugh. It was nice to see a butt load of DLC for ANY OTHER GAME than Rock Band. :D
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 INF1DEL

This topic hasn't died yet?

almasdeathchild

Assuming you're not just trolling, may I ask why? Are you not going to play enough to unlock the stuff yourself? Or is it so important to you that you want to have it from the start enough to pay real money for it? Or is there another reason?

[QUOTE="INF1DEL"]They shouldn't give people the option....blah blahseankane

So you think there should be no restrictions on anything?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

INF1DEL

There should be no restrictions on giving users a choice of what they want to buy for their game

The fact that you want to take away freedom of choice is disturbing to say the least

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 seankane

INF1DEL

Not what I was trying to say at all. The point is that options are a nice thing to have. For a developer/publisher especially, giving options allows a larger user-base to enjoy your game. If you want to market your game to a niche audience, certainly limit options, but its not an ideal business model, nor is it pleasing for anybody exceptfor the targeted market.

@Eternal - you are insistent on posting stuff that is entirely too vague and irrelevant for me to respond to specifically. For one, your use of a different color and size for your font reeks of self-importance, which is off-putting and supports my theory that you are trying very desperately to come across as intellectual, when you simply come across as somebody who took a Philosophy 101 class and suddenly thinks they're freakin Socrates.Nothing you've said has anything to do with thecoversation and I refuse to humor you any furtherwith rebuttles of your inane comments.

Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

I think that the option to buy it or unlock is a good one, albeit naive. It grants someone with no patience the ability to have more from the start, and everyone else who wants to earn it could suffer greatly, depending on the impact that the DLC actually has.

For instance, something like this pertaining to weapon unlocks, etc. is not good because it allows someone with an arseload of money to imbalance the game in their favour - much like real life. iirc, we play games as a temporary escape from real life, so it's really a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face, imo.

But as a business model...well, if it works, it works. But at the end of the day, this stuff is already included in the game, unlike the BS that EA pulls by excluding material from pre-played copies or that merchants pull by having game material exclusive to a purchase from their store. So, it's much more ethical than making something alongside the game to be deliberately excluded for the purpose of exploiting your own userbase.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

For instance, something like this pertaining to weapon unlocks, etc. is not good because it allows someone with an arseload of money to imbalance the game in their favour - much like real life. iirc, we play games as a temporary escape from real life, so it's really a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face, imo.

Apathetic_Prick

Except that the people who buy the unlocks usually do so because they don't have the time to do all of the unlocks through just playing so while they might have better weapons they're not well versed at the game from the limited playing and are on the same level as everyone else.