HALO WARs aint what people thought....

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IIISpartan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 IIISpartan007
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

i knew halo wars was gonna be bad and here it is a 6.0 or 6.5 watever either way it did bad. and i knew it would. it drove me nuts when i saw that thread saying it would change the rts genre yeah right. if anything this game short of its cool cutscenes embarassed the genre and didnt do anything new AT ALL. the rmie sizes were so low and the flood wasnt able to be used and u couldnt even play as the covenant second time through. In my opinion i thought this game was horrible...Just like halo 3 and 2

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, it did change the RTS genre on the consoles. RTS games on the consoles have been pretty iffy due to the control schemes, and with what I've heard about Halo Wars, the controls do the game justice. However, keep in mind that Halo Wars isn't a very deep and complex RTS game. You gotta learn how to crawl before you can run.
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts
i knew halo wars was gonna be bad and here it is a 6.0 or 6.5 watever either way it did bad um hellooo this website hasnt done a good review for about 3 years. every where else got a 8.5 or higher.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

are you kidding, the demo left me more shocked then i could belive. i was like no way can this game be done and done good...but damn it was i wrong

sure its not as serious as pc rts's but its amazing

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
Its a good RTS for consoles and halo fans (myself) But for PC RTS fans (my self also) you have to look at it in a different way to realise it is not that bad.
IIISpartan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IIISpartan007

i knew halo wars was gonna be bad and here it is a 6.0 or 6.5 watever either way it did bad um hellooo this website hasnt done a good review for about 3 years. every where else got a 8.5 or higher.noxboxlive

i disagree i think they do great reviews at gamespot. and further besides the control scheme was has been done better in the game. small armie sizes or was it the short campaign. and other sites are just hyping up a game that obviously didnt do any better than say red alert. And i think red alert was way better than this game. this game had smoth action and graphics but nothing more

afrosud12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 afrosud12
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

this game is an RTS for the mainstream human of today. we want to go in, blow stuff up, and go on and live our life once we're done. Some how PC gamers have something stuck up their collective ass that dismisses anything that doesn't require multiple flo-charts and an encyclopedia to play. This is what halo did for the FPS, and this is what halo wars attempted to do.

The PC gaming cult has this truly retarded idea that every game should be complicated, deep, and time consuming, And that they should only pay 50 dollars for an infinite amount of game content, despite the growing difficulty to make a high graphics game today....

Even David portreus, or Norman Shwartzkopf would see the insane micromanaging tha gos on inside your snobby PC gamers RTSs would be asinine when in truth all that need to be done is Deploy, Move, Kill,

Halo Wars= Deploy Move Kill

Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
Not retarded at all. Its what we like and consider good.
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
Just ignore the troll. Halo Wars will be great and sell lots of copies.
Catpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Catpee
Member since 2006 • 2552 Posts

this game is an RTS for the mainstream human of today. we want to go in, blow stuff up, and go on and live our life once we're done. Some how PC gamers have something stuck up their collective ass that dismisses anything that doesn't require multiple flo-charts and an encyclopedia to play. This is what halo did for the FPS, and this is what halo wars attempted to do.

The PC gaming cult has this truly retarded idea that every game should be complicated, deep, and time consuming, And that they should only pay 50 dollars for an infinite amount of game content, despite the growing difficulty to make a high graphics game today....

Even David portreus, or Norman Shwartzkopf would see the insane micromanaging tha gos on inside your snobby PC gamers RTSs would be asinine when in truth all that need to be done is Deploy, Move, Kill,

afrosud12

Yeah, shallow gameplay = good gameplay. Which is why the Wii has so many great and exciting games for adults.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
I played the demo and the game is not that bad but it did not meet my expectations. A good renter i would say.
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="metrohub92"][QUOTE="dan-rofl-copter"]Its a good RTS for consoles and halo fans (myself) But for PC RTS fans (my self also) you have to look at it in a different way to realise it is not that bad.Legendaryscmt

Hey you, yea you, you stfu right there with halo series is good and halo gays is a good gay rts its not and the only halo that didnt suck was halo 1, so you just stfu you stupid halo fanboy noob

When all else fails, make a bad post.

isnt that how you do it on here.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, it did change the RTS genre on the consoles. RTS games on the consoles have been pretty iffy due to the control schemes, and with what I've heard about Halo Wars, the controls do the game justice. However, keep in mind that Halo Wars isn't a very deep and complex RTS game. You gotta learn how to crawl before you can run.Legendaryscmt
This^^^ is exactly what i thought as it wasnt a "Great" Rts it was certainly a step in the right direction for future console Rts's hopefully someone will expand on halo wars formula
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts

[QUOTE="noxboxlive"]i knew halo wars was gonna be bad and here it is a 6.0 or 6.5 watever either way it did bad um hellooo this website hasnt done a good review for about 3 years. every where else got a 8.5 or higher.IIISpartan007

i disagree i think they do great reviews at gamespot. and further besides the control scheme was has been done better in the game. small armie sizes or was it the short campaign. and other sites are just hyping up a game that obviously didnt do any better than say red alert. And i think red alert was way better than this game. this game had smoth action and graphics but nothing more

Remember the whole Jeff incident w/ Kane and Lynch. I never trusted Gamespot reviews since, they get payed for their reviews, whether you want to believe it or not, and it looks like Microsoft didn't pay up. That may not be the case, which leads me to wonder why the game was constantly being compared to a pc rts. The dumbass reviewer didn't realize that it's a console game and had to be handled differently, he also didn't know **** about the control scheme.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

afrosud12
Halo wars doesnt even do that right. Games like Warhammer 40K Dawn of War and Star Wars Galactic Battle Grounds do exactly what Halo wars does and they do it much better. Halo wars is nothing more than a watered down RTS for a console and i guess for people who havent played a pc RTS since Starcraft this game is really great but for those of us who have its just ok
kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
lol it got a 9 in GameInformer. Gamespot has had crappy reviews that nit pick and show you as much negative stuff as they can unless its a PS3 title like MGS4 or either one of the Resistance games I've noticed there kind of biased but then again so is gameinformer none of there staff actually likes RPGs either that or they pick people that don't like them to review them. But in the end this is a useless post because you haven't played the whole game so you don't know what your talking about.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
lol it got a 9 in GameInformer. Gamespot has had crappy reviews that nit pick and show you as much negative stuff as they can unless its a PS3 title like MGS4 or either one of the Resistance games I've noticed there kind of biased but then again so is gameinformer none of there staff actually likes RPGs either that or they pick people that don't like them to review them. But in the end this is a useless post because you haven't played the whole game so you don't know what your talking about.kylekatarn08
all major gaming reviews are pretty bad except IGN because they consistently over rate games no matter what system or genre
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts
Its a good game. Just because GS criminally underrated it (just like most games they review nowadays) doesnt mean its a bad title.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Its a good game. Just because GS criminally underrated it (just like most games they review nowadays) doesnt mean its a bad title.Pdiddy105
I agree, i hate when people make topics like these, how do you know Halo wars is bad? Have you play the full game yet? Your blindy going off of a review score of the game thats so far is the only review score of the game to rate it below a 8, it makes you look flat out stupid atm., my advice to you will be to play the game before making bias topics like this.(directed towards TC)
Wolfie600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wolfie600
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Listen kid GS hasnt done a good review since like 2 or 3 years? i dont listen to them as much as i did before and btw IGN gave Halo wars an 8.5 or something like that i recall and thats what they deserve because Ensemble made this and they were great developers. Halo wars did change the rts genre on the xbox , all the controls for the RTS on consoles were kind of uncomfortable until this game and i dont even care if i cant control the flood or the covenant on the campaing its an awesome game and your bashing halo for not having stuff the devs said it wouldnt have in the first place.

Nuff said GS

agdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 agdell
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
i am still buying it regardless of the poor review
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Hm.... A 9 and 9.25 on Game Informer and a 8.2, 8.4, and 9 on IGN. Sounds pretty horrible.
matt2kvx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 matt2kvx
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts
the demo WAS the game. Short, 1 usable race, low unit count, no depth. The Simple controls are good, but not the simple mechanics
IIISpartan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IIISpartan007

[QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]Its a good game. Just because GS criminally underrated it (just like most games they review nowadays) doesnt mean its a bad title.wizdom
I agree, i hate when people make topics like these, how do you know Halo wars is bad? Have you play the full game yet? Your blindy going off of a review score of the game thats so far is the only review score of the game to rate it below a 8, it makes you look flat out stupid atm., my advice to you will be to play the game before making bias topics like this.(directed towards TC)

somebodies feelings were hurt and IN MY OPINION HALO WARS IS BAD DUMB DUMB. just because u worship it doesnt m,ean i have to. i think that its bad for simple reasons one being there are only 2 races u can play and the campain looks short that and you cant play as the covenant at the end or even the flood. the unit count is so dam low i feel like im playing with a small advanced unit or squad instead of a army.it should be calld halo fight instead of wars becuase if thats a war then ive been in a few myself.

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, it did change the RTS genre on the consoles. RTS games on the consoles have been pretty iffy due to the control schemes, and with what I've heard about Halo Wars, the controls do the game justice. However, keep in mind that Halo Wars isn't a very deep and complex RTS game. You gotta learn how to crawl before you can run.Legendaryscmt
Very true. Plus, I feel that a lot of people that bash Halo Wars haven't even tried it . . . for instance, one of my friends from church, a big RTS fan, said that Halo Wars "looked" stupid and that it was dumb. But when he played the demo he said it was actually pretty fun and had a Halo feel to it.
ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
the demo WAS the game. Short, 1 usable race, low unit count, no depth. The Simple controls are good, but not the simple mechanicsmatt2kvx
Despite what you said, the full game will have a variety of levels and environments and it will have Xbox Live MP with co-op and full use of skirmish mode. Therefore, the real game will be different.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

afrosud12
Amen, brother. Though I don't agree that Halo is what made the FPS genre simple. First-person shooters have never been a very complex bunch to begin with.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

[QUOTE="wizdom"][QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]Its a good game. Just because GS criminally underrated it (just like most games they review nowadays) doesnt mean its a bad title.IIISpartan007

somebodies feelings were hurt and IN MY OPINION HALO WARS IS BAD DUMB DUMB. just because u worship it doesnt m,ean i have to. i think that its bad for simple reasons one being there are only 2 races u can play and the campain looks short that and you cant play as the covenant at the end or even the flood. the unit count is so dam low i feel like im playing with a small advanced unit or squad instead of a army.it should be calld halo fight instead of wars becuase if thats a war then ive been in a few myself.

1) How old are you? 2) You were saying it was a fact that Halo Wars sucks so why are you getting so defensive? Whenever you say something is fact when in reality it is opinion, you should be ready for people to try and criticize you. 3) That joke at the end makes no sense. So in Halo Wars, there is only 1 battle? A war is a series of battles and there is no requirement to saying you have to have many people involved for it to be a battle.
KingDridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KingDridge
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts
The game is not good Want a good reason why... watch Invisible Walls on gametrailers episode 45 Its boring, its doesnt do anything new, and considering the guys its coming from.. the guys who brought Age of Empires and great RTS games like that-- this is a real dissapointment. This game should have never been built to a console, it could have eaisly been a GREAT pc RTS .. Maybe even starcraft competition and why isnt it?...... MICCCROOOOOOSOOOFTTTTTT
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
Will some of the RTS giants on the PC getting 8.5s and 9s I think a 6.5 is probably quite appropriate. Just because it's on a different platform doesn't excuse how shallow it is.
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
Well,coming from my perspective, ive played age of Empires, Starcraft, and i have to say i still really enjoyed halo wars and if you think im a halo fanboy, your sadly mistaken, i only really liked it for its multiplayer but thats my personal opinion that no one can change. Bottom line, Halo Wars is an enjoyable game, it's not going to be neck-n-neck with starcraft but for what it does, it does just fine.
Avatar image for Words-of-Sorrow
Words-of-Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Words-of-Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

I didn't really like the demo that much, there's nothing that innovative about it...

And the menu/controls felt pretty similar to C&C: Kane's Wrath imo.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

i knew halo wars was gonna be bad and here it is a 6.0 or 6.5 watever either way it did bad. and i knew it would. it drove me nuts when i saw that thread saying it would change the rts genre yeah right. if anything this game short of its cool cutscenes embarassed the genre and didnt do anything new AT ALL. the rmie sizes were so low and the flood wasnt able to be used and u couldnt even play as the covenant second time through. In my opinion i thought this game was horrible...Just like halo 3 and 2

IIISpartan007
Thisis why I am not getting it.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
this fool never even played the game. go hate on your blog fool.
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ufcfan1987

this fool never even played the game. go hate on your blog fool.donmega1

i pitty da fool

Peaches1347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Peaches1347
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts

IIISpartan007
i agree, also nothing can live up to SC, or C&C
Griff_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Griff_6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Nobody has even played the full game yet. You have absolutely no grounds to bash this game. If you dislike the demo fine, but any other claim is baseless. Gamespot's reviews do not determine whether or not a game is good or bad. Sometimes, and I repeat SOMETIMES, they are on the mark and can give you a good idea about whether or not a game is solid, but other games get the shaft hardcore. They'll defend GTA IV to the end as the most perfect game of all time along with MGS4. I'm sorry but I don't care how good GTA IV is, the original HALO was a better game, and what did Gamespot give the original HALO?... a 9.7, which isn't a bad score, but if they found fault in Halo how is it that they overlook flaws elsewhere. The point is you should form your own opinion, and not be a puppet that gamespot pulls on a string to mimic its own stupid opinions as absolute fact, and if you are going to base your decision of buying a game on reviews, use multiple sites and get a good feel for what MANY people are saying. Statistically making decisions based on the opinion of one man is ridiculous. So overall all of the pregame bashing of something you've never seen or played before is just that... ridiculous.

Jewboy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jewboy25
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts
stop flaimbating. The demo was fun and addicting.
Mindgame_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mindgame_1
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts

in my opinion, dont make a game of a genre that is known to have control issues on a particular platform unless you CAN make it good.

just because a game is a "good step in the right direction" doesnt make it a good game. have i played it? no. but i have researched it and watched videos and honestly, every complaint people have had about the game seems to show up pretty clearly.

no i dont trust GS the way i used to before kane and lynch but 99% of the games theyve reviewed and that i own i completely agree with their reviews on them. Thats why i also cross check with sites like IGN just to make sure.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
What an intellectual post by someone who doesn't play the game and only looks at one site's review on the game.
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 doomsoth

in my opinion, dont make a game of a genre that is known to have control issues on a particular platform unless you CAN make it good.

just because a game is a "good step in the right direction" doesnt make it a good game. have i played it? no. but i have researched it and watched videos and honestly, every complaint people have had about the game seems to show up pretty clearly.

no i dont trust GS the way i used to before kane and lynch but 99% of the games theyve reviewed and that i own i completely agree with their reviews on them. Thats why i also cross check with sites like IGN just to make sure.Mindgame_1
Why don't you try the game out for yourself? I've played the demo and I know I'll eventually get the game; however, I don't think many games are worth the $60 price tag. And if you just go by scores alone, you're going to be missing out on some great games.
zeblon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 zeblon123
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts

IIISpartan007

if halo 3 and 2 sucks then why the hell is spartan in your name?

Mindgame_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mindgame_1
[QUOTE="Mindgame_1"]

no i dont trust GS the way i used to before kane and lynch but 99% of the games theyve reviewed and that i own i completely agree with their reviews on them. Thats why i also cross check with sites like IGN just to make sure.doomsoth
Why don't you try the game out for yourself? I've played the demo and I know I'll eventually get the game; however, I don't think many games are worth the $60 price tag. And if you just go by scores alone, you're going to be missing out on some great games.

i never go just by the reviewers score. i have quite a few games that have low ratings but i have thoroughly enjoyed them anyways. i probably wont ever get this game unless it dropped in price. also, im a PC gamer and have tried RTS's on consoles and have just about thrown my controllers through windows on several occasions :P there are just some genres that dont work on certain platforms. its nothing against the system itself.
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ufcfan1987
[QUOTE="IIISpartan007"]

zeblon123

if halo 3 and 2 sucks then why the hell is spartan in your name?

ha ha ha maybe hes a spartan from 300?

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 doomsoth
[QUOTE="doomsoth"][QUOTE="Mindgame_1"]

no i dont trust GS the way i used to before kane and lynch but 99% of the games theyve reviewed and that i own i completely agree with their reviews on them. Thats why i also cross check with sites like IGN just to make sure.Mindgame_1

i never go just by the reviewers score. i have quite a few games that have low ratings but i have thoroughly enjoyed them anyways. i probably wont ever get this game unless it dropped in price. also, im a PC gamer and have tried RTS's on consoles and have just about thrown my controllers through windows on several occasions :P there are just some genres that dont work on certain platforms. its nothing against the system itself.

Have you actually tried a RTS game on the 360? I own the C&C games on it because my PC is out of date; yes, the controls are harder, but I think that makes it a fun challenge. A lot of people criticize RTS games on the 360 because they don't want to learn the new controls. It's not perfect, but for those of us who can't afford a new PC, the controls are fine. It never hurts to try it out.
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="wizdom"][QUOTE="Pdiddy105"]Its a good game. Just because GS criminally underrated it (just like most games they review nowadays) doesnt mean its a bad title.IIISpartan007

ok troll listen up i know its ur opion to think wat u want to think but that doesnt mean u have to troll the boards and get the fanboys riled up. First the campaign has 15 missions and about 4 difficultys i think and u can turn on skulls to chagne it up a bit, if that still doesnt float ur boat loose talk has it that there will be more stuff in DLC [including a rumored covie campagn] 2nd the reason the unit count is so low this isnt ment to be a " build ur base of death with an army of thousnds" no, its ment to be a fast paced get units out quick while upgrading them and and takng the fight to the enemy it isnt ment to be a slower paced rts like C&C Tiberiun Sun [ not dissing on that its one of my favorite games] ur looking for a different kind of game in Halo Wars then wat it realy is. I hope i ade the my point clear, enuf so u can understand and not troll and aggravate the fanboys [no offence to them]
Mindgame_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mindgame_1
[QUOTE="doomsoth"][QUOTE="Mindgame_1"][QUOTE="doomsoth"] Why don't you try the game out for yourself? I've played the demo and I know I'll eventually get the game; however, I don't think many games are worth the $60 price tag. And if you just go by scores alone, you're going to be missing out on some great games.

Have you actually tried a RTS game on the 360? I own the C&C games on it because my PC is out of date; yes, the controls are harder, but I think that makes it a fun challenge. A lot of people criticize RTS games on the 360 because they don't want to learn the new controls. It's not perfect, but for those of us who can't afford a new PC, the controls are fine. It never hurts to try it out.

yeah ive tried them but you just cant do the things you can do with a keyboard and mouse. i honestly wish they would incorporate keyboard and mouse controls into 360 games. it has the USB support already and it would make the designing of the game easier as they wouldnt have to balance the game between 2 control schemes. you just cant do the things you can do on a keyboard on a controller. i just dont like good games being limited by the control scheme :) and to be fair, there are certain genres that just dont work as well or feel very good with a keyboard and mouse control scheme
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
I really hope this game will sale. I hope 6.5 will not destroy the Halo title.