Gears of War and Halo 3 are not even that good!

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Storyteller89
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Okay, so I've heard basicly only good stuff about these games. I've also owned them for quite a while now. Halo 3 I played through with my brother and Gears of War too.

Halo 3 (7.0)

What in earth makes this game so good? I mean some parts were fun in co-op (for example the driving in the end). Allthough the driving controllers suck! Also the story is very easy and lame, was it supposed to be good? Lol, Ninja Gaiden II nearly has a better story. The gameplay is NOT the best I've played as a FPS game. For example, I like Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway more than this one.

Gears of War (6.5)

And then this one... Okay it does look a bit like a movie, but is it enough for a good game? No. The game is way too messy. It is too hard to understand where you walk and the enviroment makes it harder. Plus, those 300kg costumes makes the character look quite stupid. The moving is quite annoying, especially the view of your character, it makes the game too unclear. And the story? Yet again a let down, nothing good. So that no other guy comes around and complains without knowing and reading absolutely anything but this post, I got to copy myself from later pages:

How many times do I have to say, why is it that Gears of War is too unclear compared to other third person shooters? Well, here you go for the last time:

The screen doesn't show enough of the enviroment, while the camera zooms way too close to the character compared to other shooters. Max Payne, for example feels by far more freeable to walk as the camera shows the whole character and you can see more of the enviroment.

These games are way too overrated.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts

Halo 3 I've played and I hate that game. Brothers in Arms Hells Highway is a much better game, and its sad it wasn't appreciated as much.

I can't speak for Gears though.

wile315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wile315
Member since 2004 • 362 Posts

Okay, so I've heard basicly only good stuff about these games. I've also owned them for quite a while now. Halo 3 I played through with my brother and Gears of War too.

Halo 3 (7.0)

What in earth makes this game so good? I mean some parts were fun in co-op (for example the driving in the end). Allthough the driving controllers suck! Also the story is very easy and lame, was it supposed to be good? Lol, Ninja Gaiden II nearly has a better story. The gameplay is NOT the best I've played as a FPS game. For example, I like Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway more than this one.

Gears of War (6.5)

And then this one... Okay it does look a bit like a movie, but is it enough for a good game? No. The game is way too messy. It is too hard to understand where you walk and the enviroment makes it harder. Plus, those 300kg costumes makes the character look quite stupid. The moving is quite annoying, especially the view of your character, it makes the game too unclear. And the story? Yet again a let down, nothing good.

Storyteller89

sounds like these just arent your type of games. I mean if you dont like moving in gears, its pretty much hopeless to like anything in the game. I love the third person feel of gears and I love the combat, and I gladly give that game a 9.5 so I guess thats where our opinion differs.

I agree with you for Halo 3 singleplayer, the story wasnt designed very well, but I love the multiplayer game play. Its way fun, you cant have the same intense combat feel in cod4 or BiA, I like those games, but its like you die so fast sometimes, Halo 3 combat is always intense.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
this wont end well *waits for halo + gears fanboys*
JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts

this wont end well *waits for halo + gears fanboys*campzor

Lol, and boy when they come...

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Storyteller89
Yeah well I got to agree on that, Gears of War is propably well done, but for those who like the moving. Cause the game does not have a good story or the best shooting method and so... Well, it could be that it just wasn't my game.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Gears just wasn't for me but eventually i hope i'll get into it. As for Halo 3 i bought and enjoyed it. Never fell for the hype and got everything i hoped i would out of it.
thesmiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thesmiter
Member since 2004 • 701 Posts
halo multiplayer is just plain fun. i love it. gears was fun too. all depends on preference.
Lachesis_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lachesis_001
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

And then this one... Okay it does look a bit like a movie, but is it enough for a good game? No. The game is way too messy. It is too hard to understand where you walk and the enviroment makes it harder. Plus, those 300kg costumes makes the character look quite stupid. The moving is quite annoying, especially the view of your character, it makes the game too unclear. And the story? Yet again a let down, nothing good.

Storyteller89

Two Questions:

Have you played the Multiplayer on Halo 3?

Have you Played the Multiplayer on Gears of War?

If you havent, you need to! The Multiplayer is much better on both games then the campaign ( I loved Gears of War's campaign, but thats just me).

I agree that Halo 3's campaign wasnt all that great, but you have to play Xbox Live at one of your friend's house if you havent already. It is amazing!

Gears of War's Multiplayer on Xbox Live is good too, but there is a lot of lag and glitching but that will mostly be fixed in Gears of War 2.

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
Thank you for your thorough and insightful reviews of Halo 3, which was released one year ago, and Gears of War, which was released two years ago. Please wait longer the next time you want review critically acclaimed games. Thank you for being a maverick and going against the mainstream. You are a true hero.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

Storyteller89
do you understand that not everyone has to like these games. Just cause they got high review scores it doesnt mean you will like it. So stop with this cause to me and many many people these to games are great.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Your right they are not AMAZING games.But I find them fun to play with friends.I loved playing both games at one point[almost every single day]but after awhile I started to slow down.Now I just tend to play them here and there.But I can't wait for Gears 2 and Halo wars/Recon.But I do agree that they may not be the best games ever[like some people say]but they are fun to play.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

Storyteller89
no they arent overated otherwise they majority of people that bought them wudnt big them up this is just ur opinion. its not final like anyone elses. these are just games you dont like. you have to be stupid to think if a games one of the best that you are guanteed to like it, everyone has they own tastes and a big game dont mean eveyrone likes it just like in your case. if the games were as bad as you make out then the sequels will flop badly because all the people that bought them will know how bad the games are after buying them as millions of people bought them, so just sit back and watch gears 2 next week come out and next year the halo 3 expansion pack and watch them flop if ur right. if ur wrong they going to totally take off and dominate when both are new. just face they are games that all of us dont get or dont like. it dont mean they bad games, you can hate the best rated game ever, it just means its not ur style. same with clothes, the best makes and best clothes u may think are rubbish but loads of people love them. quality of a game is no gurantee you will like them. another thing these games are meant to be played in multiplayer for 90% of the time,. you sound like u just played campains. at least play the games fully before getting sick. all the way thru these games are great co-op or multiplayer expeiernces.just seems you aint either played it to the fullest or they just not for you, try different games maybe like RPGS or sumit.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djrobst
Thank you for your thorough and insightful reviews of Halo 3, which was released one year ago, and Gears of War, which was released two years ago. Please wait longer the next time you want review critically acclaimed games. Thank you for being a maverick and going against the mainstream. You are a true hero.dxy592
roflmao. im about to drop my ultra critical review of PAC MAN soon, just waiting another 15 years thought, dont want to jump the gun and knock my review out early like this guy after just a few years
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djrobst
Your right they are not AMAZING games.But I find them fun to play with friends.I loved playing both games at one point[almost every single day]but after awhile I started to slow down.Now I just tend to play them here and there.But I can't wait for Gears 2 and Halo wars/Recon.But I do agree that they may not be the best games ever[like some people say]but they are fun to play.K1LLR3175
exaclty they pure multiplayer games, if u play them on ur own it takes away half the fun imo. campain or mp, u want ur friends against u or co-op, makes the game more fun.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Play Halo 3 again, i really hated it first time, but play it again and youll love it
sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

LoL, what`s the point of this post? Rating a game based on personal taste is just spam, has no value to the community.Go tell your cousin, i am sure someone will listen to you.

Sales and reviews are outstanding for both these games. They are labeled great games for all eternity... nothing can be done about it.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Storyteller89

^Up. How childish is that.

Well, I usually buy games for their storymode. Both of these games suck on it (at least for me). If they are 90% based on multiplayer, then I still highly disagree with the over 9 points in reviews. Why? Because, for console games like these, there's supposed to be a very enjoyable storymode AND to make the score better they will add a very good multiplayer mode. If they're gonna make a game that is 90% based on online, why not forget the whole storymode and just make it 100% online.

And I did play em both in co-op. The multiplayer part I didn't try, cause it's not for me. I mean I kinda hate the enviroment and unclearity in both games. I prefer Orange Box multiplayer (half life 2).

uwiwami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uwiwami
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

Storyteller89

Two words : Xbox Live...

TheGhettoDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 TheGhettoDT
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
L-O-L your comments on these 2 games are really sad and funny
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I have to disagree, I love Gears. I dont find any of the things you mentioned an issue besides the story.

As for Halo, I'm not a fan but I enjoyed the multiplayer when I play with friends at their houses.

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
we know halo isn't that good! for crying out loud, since it's release there have been milions of threads saying that halo 3 is only decent and not great! and the things you said about gears, sound like you just suck at it. find it hard to move the character. I agree with you that both games are just ok, but not for the same reason when it comes to gears... and btw, halo 3 and BiA are to very different types of fps, so great for you that you've found a type of fps that you like alot. (love BiA myself)
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts

...The game is way too messy. It is too hard to understand where you walk and the enviroment makes it harder. Plus, those 300kg costumes makes the character look quite stupid. The moving is quite annoying, especially the view of your character, it makes the game too unclear. ...

Storyteller89
Hard to understand where you walk? That's easy to clear up, you walk on the ground... Seriously though, that's your main complaint? That the character movement makes the game confusing? Have you played any third person games? Because gears is no different in it's movement. Sorry, but it seems to me that you're another person who isn't good at the game, so you bash it because it doesn't control the way you feel it should. Fair enough, if you don't like it you don't like it, but that doesn't make it bad. Brush up on your skills and you may actually find some enjoyment in the game. As for the 300kg costume comment, well, personally i don't think they look stupid, as they definitely fit the futuristic look the developers were going for. But they are a little outlandish. I'll give you that. You would think that futuristic soldiers would have a less cumbersome form of armor. But whatever, the characters still look great, and have some of the best design in any game to date, in my opinion.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Your opinion, not mine. Obviously a lot of people really like these games, but now because you say they are meh, we are suppose to agree with you? Not. Gears of War in particular has been the single best experience i have had on this generation of consoles...it blew my mind.
JonesWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JonesWs
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
[QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

wile315

sounds like these just arent your type of games. I mean if you dont like moving in gears, its pretty much hopeless to like anything in the game. I love the third person feel of gears and I love the combat, and I gladly give that game a 9.5 so I guess thats where our opinion differs.

I agree with you for Halo 3 singleplayer, the story wasnt designed very well, but I love the multiplayer game play. Its way fun, you cant have the same intense combat feel in cod4 or BiA, I like those games, but its like you die so fast sometimes, Halo 3 combat is always intense.

Agree ^^^
Rocksta-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rocksta-R
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
I do respect your opinion but I have to disagree. I've just finished Gears last night and I have to say it's one of the best, or maybe the best in its Genre. Halo 3 is good but after finishing it, I really can't say if its good or bad due to I haven't played any Halo game prior to Halo 3.
Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Storyteller89

Perhaps you missunderstood what I meant with hard to understand where to walk and it makes the game too uncleaer. What I meant is that the camera in my opinion is set in so annoying place that I can't enjoy the game at all. It really takes all the fun the game could possibly have away.

And a good third person shooter is for example MGS. Every single one of them. Now that is the way every third person shooter should be done. The moving is enjoyable, realistic and easy. Shooting happens without any problems with a very good aiming system.

What would make the moving in Gears of War better is if the camera was set further for the character. Also, the character should be allowed to walk more freely, now it feels a little like I'd be moving in a box. Especially in the split screen mode.

Army of Two is a very good example of how a third person shooter should be done in a split screen. In my opinion it has the best splitscreen ever.

SereneKhaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SereneKhaos
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Halo 3 (7.0)

Gears of War (6.5)

Storyteller89
And have you played either one of them on Xbox Live?..... No? Well dam, you missed out there buddy xD
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
If you want brilliant story telling, I suggest you not play shooters. The focus of games like Gears of War and Halo is on gameplay, not B movie sci fi storylines such as the ones you crave. Orange Box is great, but thats because Half Life 2 is a fantastically fun game to play, it is great in spite of it's story, not because of it. The story is just typical sci fi filler, Alyx is mildy interesting as a character, and Barny is funny, thats about it. Sorry those two games didn't appeal to you, but well, you're in a minority.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CronoSquall

Perhaps you missunderstood what I meant with hard to understand where to walk and it makes the game too uncleaer. What I meant is that the camera in my opinion is set in so annoying place that I can't enjoy the game at all. It really takes all the fun the game could possibly have away.

And a good third person shooter is for example MGS. Every single one of them. Now that is the way every third person shooter should be done. The moving is enjoyable, realistic and easy. Shooting happens without any problems with a very good aiming system.

What would make the moving in Gears of War better is if the camera was set further for the character. Also, the character should be allowed to walk more freely, now it feels a little like I'd be moving in a box. Especially in the split screen mode.

Army of Two is a very good example of how a third person shooter should be done in a split screen. In my opinion it has the best splitscreen ever.

Storyteller89

You do realize MGS4 basically IS Gears of War in regards to the basic shooting, camera placement behind Solid Snake, and cover system... right? If MGS had this perfect third person shooting system that was so much better than Gears, why did the fourth game basically copy the Gears system?

matthew1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 matthew1245
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

THANK YOU!!!! I always thought that Grz of war was bad, it was soo over rated. Halo 3 on the other hand was only fun playing legnedary wit friends, or at parties. :P

at my school, everybody wants Grz of war 2, but im not sure about it.... :S

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CronoSquall
A game not appealing to you doesn't make it overrated. Why can't some of you understand that the universe doesn't revovle around you and your own narrow tastes?
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Sounds like this shoud of been a blog post. :)
Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Storyteller89
[QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

CronoSquall

You do realize MGS4 basically IS Gears of War in regards to the basic shooting, camera placement behind Solid Snake, and cover system... right? If MGS had this perfect third person shooting system that was so much better than Gears, why did the fourth game basically copy the Gears system?

You are kidding me right? MGS 4 copied NOTHING from Gears of Wars system, lmao. It has basicly the same system as every other MGS. How dare you tell me or anyone MGS 4 copied something from gears of war. If we are comparing MGS and gears of war. Then Gears of War gets 1. MGS 4 gets 10.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
[QUOTE="CronoSquall"][QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

Storyteller89

You are kidding me right? MGS 4 copied NOTHING from Gears of Wars system, lmao. It has basicly the same system as every other MGS. How dare you tell me or anyone MGS 4 copied something from gears of war. If we are comparing MGS and gears of war. Then Gears of War gets 1. MGS 4 gets 10.

What a fanboy...
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CronoSquall

Storyteller89

The basic implementation of the camera behind Snake at all times, with an over the shoulder view that grants full precise aiming even when moving, and a cover system. Thats Gears of War, that is nothing like any previous MGS game, where dramatic camera angles were used, and to aim precisely you had to come to a complete stop, enter a first person mode, and THEN aim for a specific body part and hope the enemy stands still long enough to be shot. I get the feeling you have yet to actually play MGS4. I invested over fourty hours into it, and almost as much time into Gears and Halo 3.

I find all three games to be fantastic, because I am a gamer who plays great games, not a sad fanboy who feels the need to scream jibberish on the internet and play petulant forum wars.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Storyteller89
Honestly. How can anyone be so blind to see anything similar in mgs's and gears of war's gameplay?
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts

Thank you for your thorough and insightful reviews of Halo 3, which was released one year ago, and Gears of War, which was released two years ago. Please wait longer the next time you want review critically acclaimed games. Thank you for being a maverick and going against the mainstream. You are a true hero.dxy592

I lol'ed.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Storyteller89
[QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

CronoSquall

The basic implementation of the camera behind Snake at all times, with an over the shoulder view that grants full aiming, and a cover system. Thats Gears of War, that is nothing like any previous MGS game, where dramatic camera angles were used, and to aim precisely you had to come to a complete stop, enter a first person mode, and THEN aim for a specific body part and hope the enemy stands still long enough to be shot. I get the feeling you have yet to actually play MGS4.

I've finished MGS4 and how many games have you played to think it was Gears of War that brought that idea? That idea has been used in MANY games even before Gears of War. The thing here is, Gears trying to use that system sucks. They obviously have no clue of how to use that idea.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CronoSquall

I've finished MGS4 and how many games have you played to think it was Gears of War that brought that idea? That idea has been used in MANY games even before Gears of War. The thing here is, Gears trying to use that system sucks. They obviously have no clue of how to use that idea.

Storyteller89

This is why I prefer posting during the week, kids are at school. Gears perfected that system of third person shooting, it had never been done as well before Gears of War, and it was done so well that MGS4 adopted the same style of shooting gameplay. You said MGS4 has the same system as previous games, and as my previous reply shows, you were dead wrong. You were wrong because you have no idea what the heck you're talking about, because you sir, are a troll. I'm an informed gamer, you are an agenda pushing troll who has lost site of whats important in this hobby years ago, you will always lose to me.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Storyteller89
[QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

CronoSquall

This is why I prefer posting during the week, kids are at school. Gears perfected that system of third person shooting, ithad never been done as well before Gears of War, and it was done so well that MGS4 adopted the same style of shooting gameplay. You said MGS4 has the same system as previous games, and as my previous reply shows, you were dead wrong. You were wrong because you have no idea what the heck you're talking about, because you sir, are a troll.

I'm 19, finished school last summer and am now working. What a childish attempt to insult me.

I don't know what the heck I'm talking about? Excuse me, but you must be one hell of an idiot. I mean, have you ever played, lets see... MGS 1? Apparently not.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CronoSquall
[QUOTE="CronoSquall"][QUOTE="Storyteller89"]

Storyteller89

This is why I prefer posting during the week, kids are at school. Gears perfected that system of third person shooting, ithad never been done as well before Gears of War, and it was done so well that MGS4 adopted the same style of shooting gameplay. You said MGS4 has the same system as previous games, and as my previous reply shows, you were dead wrong. You were wrong because you have no idea what the heck you're talking about, because you sir, are a troll.

I'm 19, finished school last summer and am now working. What a childish attempt to insult me.

I don't know what the heck I'm talking about? Excuse me, but you must be one hell of an idiot. I mean, have you ever played, lets see... MGS 1? Apparently not.

Yes I have, but seeing as you made the completely erroneous statement that MGS4 has the exact same system as previous games..... If you can play MGS1 and MGS4, and make that statement, it's pretty obvious you haven't played it, sir. As for your age, thank you for killing my faith in the human race.

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Storyteller89

Lose to you? Hmm. So, you thought we are having a battle here? I thought we are just talking about the game systems. How can I lose to a man who thinks he's fighting me while I have no clue that we are fighting and thought we are just talking about the system as two gamers.

Really low of you to put yourself over someone else and think you're actually better without even dualing me.

It is pretty obvious you never played them as you cant see they got the same damn system.

dengel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dengel54
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
Storyteller you just a ps fanboy who wants to rag on GOW for being an amazing game and alot of companies took some ideas from gears to improve there game. Thats awesome other companies do that because it just makes those games better. Just because MGS4 is just a passive piece of entertainment, doesnt mean you have to hate on good games. God Bless Cliff B.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CronoSquall

It is pretty obvious you never played them as you cant see they got the same damn system.

Storyteller89

I have explained, in detail, how the systems are vastly different. In a game like MGS2 you had dramatic camera angles, and you had to hold still, and enter a first person mode to do precise shooting. In MGS4 the camera is set behind Snake for a better view of the battlefield around him, and when you hold down a button, the camera goes to an over the shoulder perspective from which Snake can shoot precisely, and still move freely. How are those two "the same damn system"?

MGS4's shooting system certainly does have something in common with another game, but it's not ANY previous MGS game, it's Gears of War.

nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 nickmat_tycoon
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

Ya, i know eh?

Like the graphics, multiplayer, campaign and gameplay are perfect, but, like thats not enough....

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CronoSquall

Ya, i know eh?

Like the graphics, multiplayer, campaign and gameplay are perfect, but, like thats not enough....

nickmat_tycoon

They should make Gears of war 2 a JRPG, to satisfy this guys need for "teh epic storiez!!!!!!11!". It could be turn based, fourty hours long, and Marcus and Dom can have big ass anime eyes, exposed mid riffs, and colorful tassles in long girly hair.

But no seriously, if you want epic story telling, why are you playing an Epic produced Unreal Engine powered shooter? Seriously? The story exists in these games to give you a reason to kill things, thats it.