Gamespot submits yet another poorly written review. This time for Turok.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

I suppose you have to have an IQ lower than 100 to understand the stupidity....

Gamespot's "The Bad":

• Few checkpoint saves add to frustration (It's not my fault if you suck at the game. I'm progressing just fine on Hard. I mean seriously how can you say Turok is hard? Turok on Hard is freaking easy. Here's a tip, GET BETTER.)
  • Human opponents aren't dinosaurs. (I'm not even gonna go into details about how stupid that remark was)

Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though. Graphics are amazing because they're powered by the Unreal Engine. The campaign is very fun. The only letdown is the multiplayer. (In my eyes, maybe not to some. :P )

I just think that if a site like Gamespot is going to take over 2 weeks to write a review, they atleast need to find a person who is QUALIFIED.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

• Few checkpoint saves add to frustration (It's not my fault if you suck at the game. I'm progressing just fine on Hard. I mean seriously how can you say Turok is hard? Turok on Hard is freaking easy. I guess the reviewer is used to Wii games.)
  • Human opponents aren't dinosaurs. (I'm not even gonna go into details about how stupid that remark was)

Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though. Graphics are amazing because they're powered by the Unreal Engine. The campaign is very fun. The only letdown is the terrible multiplayer.

I just think that if a site like Gamespot is going to take over 2 weeks to write a review, they atleast need to find a person who is QUALIFIED.

FearTheRain

Terrible multiplayer?

I was up till 3 in the morning playing it. The multiplayer owns dude.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
It's Turok, not Killzone 2. Cool it. Even if I had a silver tongue and fingers that weaved eloquence I would write a half assed review for that game.
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

This has nothing to do with how poorly written the reivew was.

Your thread is poorly written.

quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts

who cares what they think.Its just a game

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FearTheRain

This has nothing to do with how poorly written the reivew was.

Your thread is poorly written.

PiNwOrM

Maybe I should have thought my thread threw more. I'll try harder next time. :)

Sorry, if I wasted your time. :P

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PiNwOrM
I was just saying, disagree with the review all you want, but it wasn't really a matter of how well it was written.. and more of how wrong it was.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FearTheRain

I was just saying, disagree with the review all you want, but it wasn't really a matter of how well it was written.. and more of how wrong it was.PiNwOrM

Well, personally I believe that if a person is going to be a writter then they need to have some talent in expressing something in an intellegent and intellectual way.

Maybe I should be grateful that Gamespot hires 4th graders to write reviews for games?

quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts

[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]I was just saying, disagree with the review all you want, but it wasn't really a matter of how well it was written.. and more of how wrong it was.FearTheRain

Well, personally I believe that if a person is going to be a writter then they need to have some talent in expressing something in an intellegent and intellectual way.

Maybe I should be grateful that Gamespot hires 4th graders to write reviews for games?

So because you disagree with there review it makes them Unitellegent
mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

• Few checkpoint saves add to frustration (It's not my fault if you suck at the game. I'm progressing just fine on Hard. I mean seriously how can you say Turok is hard? Turok on Hard is freaking easy. Here's a tip, GET BETTER.)

Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though. Graphics are amazing because they're powered by the Unreal Engine. The campaign is very fun. The only letdown is the multiplayer. (In my eyes, maybe not to some. :P )

FearTheRain
When it says for the bad, human opponents aren't dinosaurs,( it is a bit confusing) if i read this right, i think what the writer said was when your playing multiplayer the guys you're playing against cant be dinosaurs... which is kinda upsetting, even though I dont have the game, Turok is full of dinosaurs and its only reasonable that you could play as a dinosaur, plus wouldnt that be awesome? It would step up multiplayer a whole lot more and give gamers another reason to buy Turok.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

From what I've played, Turok is better than a 7/10. There's many things that should be better in it...many, many things...but it's far from a bad game.

The one thing very very wrong with the "review" is the complaint about there being human enemies. That tells me that the reviewer obviously hasn't played any Turok games before. And it's a short written review as well. Clearly rushed. I guess the people complaining about "no Turok review yet" are regretting one being made so haphazardly.

Myself, I like Turok so far...except for the horrible A.I.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FearTheRain

So because you disagree with there review it makes them Unitellegentquader_ac400

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I gave it a 7.5

Research before posting comments that make you look stupid.

EDIT: lol, I should have spell checked before posting, now I look stupid.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PiNwOrM

[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]I was just saying, disagree with the review all you want, but it wasn't really a matter of how well it was written.. and more of how wrong it was.FearTheRain

I was going to say how it was written fine, then I sort of realized you're right. But this is the price to pay for losing Navarro and Gretsman. :/.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

If the game was really poor, then I guess it deserves a bad review. If you like Turok, I'm sure it's not what you would like to hear from a review, but let's face it; Turok isnt that great. And they've show this time over time that this series will never achieve the hiatus that BioShock or Call of Duty 4 recieved. Because, quite frankly, it's good but it isnt great.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

From what I've played, Turok is better than a 7/10. There's many things that should be better in it...many, many things...but it's far from a bad game.

The one thing very very wrong with the "review" is the complaint about there being human enemies. That tells me that the reviewer obviously hasn't played any Turok games before. And it's a short written review as well. Clearly rushed. I guess the people complaining about "no Turok review yet" are regretting one being made so haphazardly.

Myself, I like Turok so far...except for the horrible A.I.

chefstubbies

7.0 is far from a bad score. You said there are many, many things wrong with it, so why is 7.0 so bad? 8.0 and up should be handed out to games that excel in all areas, not games that are sometimes good and bad in "many, many areas".

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Large_Soda
[QUOTE="FearTheRain"]

Gamespot's "The Bad":

mr_zombie60

When it says for the bad, human opponents aren't dinosaurs,( it is a bit confusing) if i read this right, i think what the writer said was when your playing multiplayer the guys you're playing against cant be dinosaurs... which is kinda upsetting, even though I dont have the game, Turok is full of dinosaurs and its only reasonable that you could play as a dinosaur, plus wouldnt that be awesome? It would step up multiplayer a whole lot more and give gamers another reason to buy Turok.

Looks like everyone missed the humor.

What the reviewer is saying as mentioned in "The Good" section "You get to battle dinosaurs". All he means is that fighting the dinosaurs is so much fun, that when it comes time to fight humans it's just not as fun because...........THEY AREN"T DINOSAURS.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

I just think that if a site like Gamespot is going to take over 2 weeks to write a review, they atleast need to find a person who is QUALIFIED.FearTheRain

clowning on Jason Ocampo, shame on you fellow gamer :| Turok seems like it was fairly rated... no complaints on my end.

polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts

If you're going to criticize the reviewer at least show that you know what YOU are talking about. It's obvious that you don't because if you've spent enough time on GS you would definitely know who Jason Ocampo is - and you would know that he is one the main FPS reviewers for this site and has been for some time now.

Generally speaking Jason is a good reviewer who knows his stuff. I don't always agree with him, but I don't have to. At the very least I respect his opinion.

If you can do better, apply for the job. After all, there are new openings that just came available...

Oh yeah, and 2 weeks? The game was released on the 5th, that's 6 days ago.

ska_dude101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ska_dude101
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

I just think that if a site like Gamespot is going to take over 2 weeks to write a review, they atleast need to find a person who is QUALIFIED.FearTheRain

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of users on a video game reviewing website's forum criticising the actual professional reviews of games on said website just because the reviewer gives the game 1 or .5 points less than that particular user feels that particular game deserves. Yeah, you're not fooling anyone. We all know this isn't about semantics or grammatical flow, it's about scores. God forbid someone has a dissenting opinion. I, for one, feek Turok is an average game and a 7 is fine and accurate. Don't like Gamespot's reviews? Feel they're all shabby? Then leave.

jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

FearTheRain

Lol, then why dont you write a review so we can all bash it? Come on man, give it up. Why do you care what they have to say about it? If you like it and they dont, then O WELL!! Life goes on my friends..its just a review.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

FearTheRain

Gamespots negative points are far more accurate than yours (terrible multiplayer...)

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

The review was average. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was poorly written, it just was vague. There was a time when the reviews were a little more in-depth; it seemed like the review could have included alot more about the game then it did.

As far as the 7.0 score I think that is pretty close to what the game deserved, I probably would have given the game a 7.5, but I also am not as harsh on games as a lot of people are.

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Just because you disagree doesn't mean it's poorly written. Get over yourself.
alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts
I didn't play it yet, but it looks pretty good.
ONS47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ONS47
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts

Turok is garbage, games like this and assasins creed are whats wrong with videogames today...

I happened to agree with the last review that was supposed to be "badly written" if you mean Kane & Lynch, why is gamespot always critisized for their ratings. Would you rather them play it safe and just copy another site or take an average? No, if you wanna play mindless dino killing with a badly written story, horrible controls, and repeating cutscenes of a guy killing dinos with a knife go ahead but the game remains garbage.

I'll leave you with this, one of my favorite games for the 360 in Conan because I've read the REH stories but it definitly doesnt belong in the top games...

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Large_Soda

Turok is garbage, games like this and assasins creed are whats wrong with videogames today...

I happened to agree with the last review that was supposed to be "badly written" if you mean Kane & Lynch, why is gamespot always critisized for their ratings. Would you rather them play it safe and just copy another site or take an average? No, if you wanna play mindless dino killing with a badly written story, horrible controls, and repeating cutscenes of a guy killing dinos with a knife go ahead but the game remains garbage.

I'll leave you with this, one of my favorite games for the 360 in Conan because I've read the REH stories but it definitly doesnt belong in the top games...

ONS47

Kind of off topic, but how exactly is Assassin's Creed "what's wrong with videogames today"?

ou661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 ou661
Member since 2006 • 292 Posts
acorrding to gamespot reviews are supposed to help make you decide to buy a game or not. Appearntly you already have bought the game so dont bother what the review says and just go play your turok. I can't belive you think the MP is a let down I loved the MP.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Its a 7/10 at the most IMO, from the hour i played of it on my friends 360
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts

Gamespot's "The Bad":

FearTheRain
For one Gamespot reveiws games through how a casual gamer would see the game. So the game might be challenging to you but it might be very upsetting to a casual gamer. And for the second comment they are saying that there are alot of games that have humans in them so in a game with dinosaurs its not as fun to fight humans when you were just taking down a t-rex with a knife. And you just comfirmed that thir reveiw got the right score by saying, "Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though." and a 7.0 in the gamespot rating scale equals good. So stop complaining about the review and play the stupid game.:|
lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 lokiisback
Member since 2004 • 575 Posts
All I'm gonna say, is you've got balls to say that that review was stupid... If you don't understand thier jokes, and then say the game is AWSOME, then it's pretty obvious who the stupid one is here.........
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

The best part of the entire review was "Human opponents aren't dinosaurs." That made me laugh very very hard. If you've played Turok 2 on the N64, you know what it's like to battle all non-human enemies.

The review was well written and made a thorough explanation of what the game lacks, and what the game excels at.

I'm surprised it got such a high score (7/10).

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
The makers of Turok didn't pay Gamespot enough to get a well written review.
2apture-13ound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 2apture-13ound
Member since 2007 • 1430 Posts

The makers of Turok didn't pay Gamespot enough to get a well written review.jstarzyk

That and it is not another HALO 3 or CoD4 so yeah it TOTALLY SUCKS FOR NOT BEING JUST LIKE CoD4. I have started to learn not to trust ANY reviews. I remember when I was really getting into games in the late 90s how much fun it was not knowing about GameSpot or any video game reviews. I had nothing to cloud my judgement at all and i really enjoyed it and took the games for what they were. Sure i made mistakes with certain games but atleast it was not as big of a mistake as thinking "How huge is the online multiplayer.. Hmm only 24? this game sucks"

lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 lokiisback
Member since 2004 • 575 Posts

[QUOTE="jstarzyk"]The makers of Turok didn't pay Gamespot enough to get a well written review.2apture-13ound

That and it is not another HALO 3 or CoD4 so yeah it TOTALLY SUCKS FOR NOT BEING JUST LIKE CoD4. I have started to learn not to trust ANY reviews. I remember when I was really getting into games in the late 90s how much fun it was not knowing about GameSpot or any video game reviews. I had nothing to cloud my judgement at all and i really enjoyed it and took the games for what they were. Sure i made mistakes with certain games but atleast it was not as big of a mistake as thinking "How huge is the online multiplayer.. Hmm only 24? this game sucks"

As true as that is... I trust Game Spot for the most part... And I don't care how high of a review they give a game, if I really want it, I'm going to buy it... And if the game is a Wild Card, so to speak, then I'll trust Game Spot, and only get it if it gets a 8.0 or above, it's worked so far.........

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="2apture-13ound"]

[QUOTE="jstarzyk"]The makers of Turok didn't pay Gamespot enough to get a well written review.lokiisback

As true as that is... I trust Game Spot for the most part... And I don't care how high of a review they give a game, if I really want it, I'm going to buy it... And if the game is a Wild Card, so to speak, then I'll trust Game Spot, and only get it if it gets a 8.0 or above, it's worked so far.........

yep thats pretty much what I do to.
Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts

[QUOTE="jstarzyk"]The makers of Turok didn't pay Gamespot enough to get a well written review.2apture-13ound

I also remember those days, but it's easy to fix that.
Just take the plunge before reading any reviews.
I bought Lost Odyssey last week without reading any reviews for it, merely because it looked cool and I love that type of game.
I haven't been disappointed at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Sometimes it's worth just going for it.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

just think that if a site like Gamespot is going to take over 2 weeks to write a review, they atleast need to find a person who is QUALIFIED.FearTheRain

I am gonna back Gamespot on this one for two reasons:

1. You should read what each score means and you said it yourself "Turok is a GOOD game" a 7.0 rating according to gamespot is a GOOD game. I find that a lot of users on this site don't give enough credit to 7.0 and 7.5 games, especially when they have some personal attatchment to the game and thing it deserves perfect scores.

2. Second point, the reason gamespot most likely didn't post the review sooner is because of their company policy. Gamespot will not post reviews for games that score under 8.0 or 7.5 until after the game has been released (if the game was advertised on gamespot).

Avatar image for StuckInParadise
StuckInParadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StuckInParadise
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
I havent played Turok, I dont plan to. The game just doesnt appeal to me, but ofcourse the graphics are great. The reviews are written by different people, so sometimes the review will seem stupid and childish, you just have to hope someone smart has played the game. And its very annoying when people complain about the difficulty of a game. If games where easy, then everyone would win. I like hard games anyway. Im with you 100% man
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I don't care what score they gave it as I havn't cared about Turok in 10 years but that review was terribly written. It was like half a page long? All of IGNS reviews are like 4 pages long and go into actual details. By the time GameSpot finishes their description of the plot they are done with review practically.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

ONS47

You don't have to like Turok but it is in no way garbage.

Avatar image for MassEfectivator
MassEfectivator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MassEfectivator
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

"Human opponents aren't dinosaurs"

THey actually said that?lol

Anyways, one or two dudes wrote that review it doesn't speak for the whole site.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though.FearTheRain
Gamespot also said the game was "Good" with its choice of a 7.0 rating. Therefore, this thread gets a 1.0 rating.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FearTheRain

[QUOTE="FearTheRain"]Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though.blue_tape
Gamespot also said the game was "Good" with its choice of a 7.0 rating. Therefore, this thread gets a 1.0 rating.

A review should explain the score accurately and effectively. That review didn't do that. If you don't understand that, then you never will.

Read a book. Learn English.

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Haha wow. That review sounds terrible. But at the same time I thought this game was gonna suck anyways, and the concept jsut doesn't appeal to me.
jbgarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jbgarlin
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
For a topic about poorly written reviews it is astounding how many grammatical errors are present.
Watermelon4372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Watermelon4372
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
  • Human opponents aren't dinosaurs.

FearTheRain

LMFAO! Who comes up with this stuff!!!

Starsky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Starsky14
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

A 7.0 is still a good game, according to gamespot's standards. You even said that turok is a good game, so why all the complaining if you're basically agreeing with them?

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts
Yes, we absolultely must get someone qualified to give his opionion on a VIDEO GAME. Get over yourself.
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
[QUOTE="FearTheRain"]

[QUOTE="blue_tape"][QUOTE="FearTheRain"]Turok is not an amazing game by any means. It's a good game though.ilikemilk007

A review should explain the score accurately and effectively. That review didn't do that. If you don't understand that, then you never will.

Read a book. Learn English.

Its okay everyone, this guy supports Ron Paul. No wonder he thinks this review is absurd, its because he's a joke.

hey man lets keep politics out of the video game world... some of us are here to have fun and talk about games, not politics... haha