Games with awesome customization...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Qraziguy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Looking for something new to play, any suggestions?

I own a 360, and a DS and am seriously considering buying a PS3 or a Wii (likely the PS3 because of the lesser focus on the family oriented titles Nintendo is famous for) not holding my breath for next-gen because i can barely afford another current-gen system...

(first time posting, if this is in the wrong section, let me know, i will repost it there)

Some games that have what i want, that i already own, only listing 360 games:

Skyrim, of course

Fallout 3, NV

Dark Souls

Dragons Age: Origins

Deus Ex: HR

Also own, but not really what i am looking for:

Bioshock 1,2

Gears of War

Dead Space 1,2

AC 1,2

Mass Effect 2,3

Tales of Vesperia

Resonance of Fate

Lost Odyssey

Dead Rising 1,2

The customization aspects that i am looking for in particular are things like class/gender/race selection, weapon/armor customization including upgrading or dyes, leveling and stat attribute allocation... the ability to play a game more than one way is a plus as well, like in Deus Ex: HR (which does not really have the amount of customization that i am looking for, but still a decent amount) how you can play through without killing anyone, stealth like or just run in guns blazing.

Apsects that you would normally associate with an MMORPG are what i really want, without the MMO and not necessarily an RPG.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

This thread will probably be moved/locked. but if you get a PS3 I definately recommend Demons Souls and Ni No Kuni. DS has the custimization your looking for like Dark Souls, Ni No Kuni doesnt have that customization but is a fantastic Jrpg which by the games you own you seem to be in to. Plus there are hundreds of creatures you can collect, level up and battle, swapping out at an instance, so that kinda custom.

I dont own a DS so dont know there, and having the Bethesda games on 360 are some of the best with that, you might look into Two Worlds 2. Dont bother with the first its complete trash, but the second is actually a decent game

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Qraziguy

This thread will probably be moved/locked.

Apocalypse324

Can i ask why? i don't "do" forums very often (or at all), so i'm unfamiliar with the ettiquette. i'm guessing because my post wasn't strictly 360? But that is definitely where my focus is, maybe i'll just edit it.

Also thanks for the suggestions, i do think ni no kuni looks good, judging by Kevins review, and DS is a gimme if i go that route... but again 360 is where i want to focus, so i'll have to look into TW2.

Avatar image for Saedius_Asicion
Saedius_Asicion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Saedius_Asicion
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts
Hitman: Absolution has a surprising amount to do. There is not a lot of customization per say, but there are many ways to complete each mission and there are lots of challenges to complete, skills to unlock, etc...
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Dragon's Dogma.

Its character creator is the best I've used. Seriously, you can create anything from a fat 4ft girl to a 8ft tall skinny guy.

Tons of armor, and weapons to mismatch as well.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Qraziguy

Awesome recs all. I must say, i had not given Hitman:Absolution much or any thought really, but i'm definitely going to now, i'll check out the reviews. Dragon's Dogma i was on the fence about, but i'm definitely picking it up now, i knew you could make characters, but, well i wasn't too impressed initially, but the more i hear about it the better it sounds.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

far cry 3

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Dead Rising is usually humerous in its customised clothing options.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Qraziguy

Yeah, FC3 is on my "to buy list" along with Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs, and many others, but is there actually much customization in it? In my experience there usually isnt in a 1st person pov.

As for Dead Rising, i love it, i really do, but the humorous costumes do get annoying after awhile, at least for me.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Qraziguy

Can i ask why? i don't "do" forums very often (or at all), so i'm unfamiliar with the ettiquette. i'm guessing because my post wasn't strictly 360? But that is definitely where my focus is, maybe i'll just edit it.

Also thanks for the suggestions, i do think ni no kuni looks good, judging by Kevins review, and DS is a gimme if i go that route... but again 360 is where i want to focus, so i'll have to look into TW2.

Yep thats pretty much why, not really supposed to talk about other systems on console specific threads...and theres also game recommendation threads, but this one seems to still be ok so thats good. Saw others mentioned Dragons Dogma, dont know how I forgot about that but yes its a great game as well

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and the witcher 2? Although i've never played the witcher so.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Qraziguy

[QUOTE="Qraziguy"]

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]

Apocalypse324

Yep thats pretty much why, not really supposed to talk about other systems on console specific threads...and theres also game recommendation threads, but this one seems to still be ok so thats good. Saw others mentioned Dragons Dogma, dont know how I forgot about that but yes its a great game as well

Yeah... i was at work, with SLOW as hell interwebs, and i could barely load up Gamespot, much less search through the forums, though i did notice a game recommendation area just a minute ago when i logged in from home. Thanks for the recs anyways all, and thank whoever hasn't closed my misplaced thread yet!

As for The Witcher 2, personally not my cup of tea. I had decent fun with it... but by the time i had actually beaten it, i was ready for it to be over and done with. The ONLY game i have ever bought from, and them returned to a Gamestop (although it was a good 13$ towards Mass Effect 3!!). Not sure what it was, combat wasn't bad, story wasn't horrible... just not for me i guess.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Awesome customization?

Saints Row series. Specially, Saints Row The Third!

Forza series if you're into racing games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Forza 4 and WWE games
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Did anyone mention borderlands? I havent played it myself, but that is what comes to mind when I hear customization.

Fable has pretty good customization. You can select gender, dye clothing, mix and match clothing pieces. There isnt classes but you have to choose if you want to be more powerful in melee, ranged, or magic combat, or all balanced. And Im talking about fable 2, 3 was kinda lame.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Qraziguy

Awesome customization?

insane_metalist

I have actually been looking for a good racing game, might have to snag me a copy of Forza 4, Saints Row The Third is now on my list as well.

As far as WWE goes, i hear it has an awesome character creation tool... hmmm

Fable series, well, i played and beat Fable 2 in one afternoon for the first time ever, it was fun, but sort of like the Witcher 2 i was ready for it to be over. I read so much about that game before i played it, the creator had this whole vision of getting you attached to the dog in the game, as if it was really going to be your best friend, and then it seemed to be one of the least important aspects of the game. Let me down, he did. Let me down big time.

But still, appreciate the recs guys :D

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

I second Saints Row The Third, just crazy ass stupid awesome fun

Also  Far Cry 3 can be pretty customizable. And I'll always recommend the entire Mass Effect series, not as customizable but just so damn good, Dishonored has some decent cusotmization and The Witcher 2 if you're into harder-core RPG's. Looks like you've already got the other's I would recommend on your list. seeing as we have similiar taste you may also enjoy GTA IV (if you haven't played it yet), Dragon Age 2, Kingdom of Amaluar, Battlefield 3 (if you're into that), LA Noire.

And if you do end up going for the PS3: Heavy Rain, Twisted Metal, and I haven't has a chance to play Ni No Kuni, but it's looking pretty great. 

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Two Worlds 2. One of most underrated, highly customizable and beautiful RPGs of the current gen.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 insane_metalist

[QUOTE="insane_metalist"]

Awesome customization?

Qraziguy

I have actually been looking for a good racing game, might have to snag me a copy of Forza 4, Saints Row The Third is now on my list as well.

Forza 2 & 4 are the best ones! Must have for sure! I'm personally, a big GTA fanatic but I enjoyed Saints Row The Third a lot more then GTA IV.

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Qraziguy

[QUOTE="Qraziguy"]

Awesome customization?

insane_metalist

Forza 2 & 4 are the best ones! Must have for sure! I'm personally, a big GTA fanatic but I enjoyed Saints Row The Third a lot more then GTA IV.

Lots of love for saints row, i need it!

and forza 4 does look absolutely amazing, little concerned about just driving in circles, essentially. like a more cityscape type track, sounded like the oones that were like that in the forza series were takenout of forza 4. Not that that is a killer for me, just a concern.

insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 insane_metalist

[QUOTE="Qraziguy"]

Qraziguy

Lots of love for saints row, i need it!

and forza 4 does look absolutely amazing, little concerned about just driving in circles, essentially. like a more cityscape type track, sounded like the oones that were like that in the forza series were takenout of forza 4. Not that that is a killer for me, just a concern.

If you like racing games that feel extremely real as far as driving then Forza is for you. There's a lot you can do. You can build drifting cars, you can   tune em, you can do engine swaps, you can AWD, FWD to RWD conversions, you can do so much! Plus, you can do anything with paint. I think Forza is a really solid series! It's cheap too!

Qraziguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Qraziguy

Yeah, for the games quality, you definitely cannot beat the price. I gotta pick that one up.