Games that have made you sad/cry

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 0

#1 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

Well over this last year games have been getting really close to making me feel sad. The Darkness was the first, then there was Mass Effect but now....I have been completely caught off guard. I was playing Lost Odyssey with my girlfriend when I unlocked one of the dreams from the 1000 Years of Dreams and....I don't know what happened.....I just lost it and felt a lump in my throat. My girlfriend actually cried a little and it just surprised the hell out of both of us. I honestly suggest people at least give this game a rent or burrow it from someone you know because I traditionally don't like JRPG's but.....this one has such a fantastic storyline its worth playing. I know I sound kinda fruity posting this but, whatever it was so just jarring. Anyone else have that moment in a game where you don't really know how to react other than to show your weaker side :P

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
San Andreas, it finished
jbertts910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jbertts910
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Look I don't care who knows it i was teary eyed pretty much all through FF7 whatever i was....

smileatdeath11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 smileatdeath11
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
the darkness had some sad parts of the storyline, but it didnt make me cry, just to cap some mother f******
TweakyChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TweakyChief
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
the end of COD 4 was kinda sad dont wanna say why cause i dont wanna spoil it.
Valve24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Valve24
Member since 2005 • 378 Posts

My girlfriend actually cried a little and it just surprised the hell out of both of us.skinny_man_69

Aww how cute? Those dreams are pretty moving, got me a little too but I'm sad to say my girlfriend took it better than me. The only other games that have moved me are the final fantasy games.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
No game has made me sad or made me cry yet....although I've been meaning to play Lost Odyssey.
Zero_X5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Zero_X5213
Member since 2005 • 481 Posts

Only one,

Metal gear solid 3

Burn1n6t00th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Burn1n6t00th
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts
None I am too manly to cry :P
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
mass effect when i had to choose between the chick and the guy. i forget there names, but you know what im talking about.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Lost Oddysey has definately made me the closest to any game that i can remember.

***As not of a spoiler as i can make it***

(Especially a certain part in a certain house on disk 2)

***End***

pd097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pd097
Member since 2008 • 161 Posts

its not for the 360 but Super Mario 64..i couldnt find the last star lol........i was like 7 tho so give me a break

matt_r2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 matt_r2009
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

FFX and MGS3.

Valve24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Valve24
Member since 2005 • 378 Posts

Lost Oddysey has definately made me the closest to any game that i can remember.

***End***

vendettared468

do you mean [spoiler] sarah's house or mack and cookes? [/spoiler] I frogot what was on what disk :D.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#15 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

hmm....tekken (one of the character videos made me cry when i was young, no idea why)

madden when the cpu cheats beyond what it was meant to do.

half life kinda made me sad but not crying wise.

Blin220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blin220
Member since 2004 • 603 Posts

Only one,

Metal gear solid 3

Zero_X5213

dude i thought i was the only one to cry over a MGS game, haha i remember the first one when where meryl(?) i think her name was killed by the sniper, that was pretty sad, and made me cry. (consider that i was like 10 when the game came out lol)

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

***End***

vendettared468

I would have to got with that part also.

animefreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 animefreeze
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
Gotta say that the 1,000 year dream sequences in LO are really moving, and even the cutscenes in the game are too. It hasn't gotten me to the point that I cry but maybe a bit teary eyed is all. But nothing in the cutscenes in LO are as moving as the ending to the first disk, that still might be debatable since I havent finished the game yet but that part close to the end of Disk 1 was just amazing.
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
i also have to agree that metal gear solid 3 made me cry, especially that final video.
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
let me clarify, i did not cry, i felt a little emotional, and if i was a girl i def would have cried. the last time i cried was when the mets lost to the cardinals in the 2006 nlcs.
Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
The Darnkness made me pissed not sad, also Mass effect when you have to decide about the krogan (I think you know this) or same game when you had to pick kaiden or ashley, havent cried yet but i plan on getting lost odyssey just for the story though
FearNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FearNinja
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts

Only one,

Metal gear solid 3

Zero_X5213

Yeah that game made me really emotional. Also, some parts of Halo 3 put a lump in my throat.

Topgunner989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Topgunner989
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
The end of Halo 3 when i realized that the saga was finished
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#24 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
basically the games that you mentioned: Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey. Bioshock made me feel a little disgusted with myself, but that's about it. lol
anths1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 anths1987
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
BioShock, that game was amazing...
danishman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danishman87
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
omg, teh ending of Final Fantasy 10........... so touching, i never played such an amazing game
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Sad a couple of games if I like the caracters like FF7, Lost Odyssey, The Darkness etc. Only ONE game has me me cried like a little girl and I cried for several minutes after it ended it was one of those defining moments in my gaming life (been playing since I was 4 I am now 18) and the game was Metal Gear Solid 3 the best ending of ay game ever created.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

Look I don't care who knows it i was teary eyed pretty much all through FF7 whatever i was....

jbertts910

Dont worry man, i got chocked up too >.>

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I am a huge fan of Oblivion, though there was one point in the game where I felt really sad to the point I almost got sick. This had nothing to do with any of the quests, though. First let me state that I love dogs, my reason for stating this becomes evident shortly, and the slightest harm to a dog and the thought of it drives me nuts. My dogs mean the world to me. But to get to the point, I was playing a thief and burglarizing a citizen's home. In the course of the robbery the lady's dog jumped me and out of basic instinct I killed it. I felt horrible. I hadn't saved in a while either so I was unable to reload and previous progress, this almost made me abandon my character.

Another time I felt really sad was in Oblivion, as well. This is not a spoiler, what I am about to say. When certain citizens in the game die, it is not scripted so it may not ever happen in your game unless you commit the murder yourself. Anyway, there is a certain couple in the Imperial city (dunmer) who are evidently extremely happy and walk around the city together and talk about their past in Morrowind. I understand it is just AI, but Bethesda truly has the gift of giving their characters life. Anyway the wife went out for a walk one day, as many of the characters do. Later, as I returned from a dungeon or distant city I came across her mangled body on the path to the Imperial City. It would seem some creature or highway man had come across her and murdered her. Quite a shame. Anyhow, I took the pendant she always wore which was on her body and snuck into her and her husband's house while he slept and placed it on the bed beside him. :(

Geek12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Geek12
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts

Call of Duty 4!

And they did it twice!

amscheip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 amscheip1
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
assassin's creed, i cried when i realized i spent $60 on it. =[
1srae1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 1srae1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
oops, somehow i found my way into the emo chat room.
rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts
after beating shadow of the colossus, you HAVE to feel bad for that guy...
warioke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 warioke
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
When i was 13 I was playing through the metroid series in chornological order. After i finished metroid 2 i felt sympathetic for the baby metroid, honestly. At the end of super metroid the baby metroid more or less saves your ass. And then it died. I sat opened mouthed for about 5 minutes then i huged my pillow for an hour and cried, I am NOT exagerating.
FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

Vampire Rain made me cry. I just kept trying to play through that god awful game and soon enough i found myself huddled in a corner crying.

FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

after beating shadow of the colossus, you HAVE to feel bad for that guy...rustedMECH

*on a serious note* i felt terrible. that game really made you feel for hte main character and to see it end like that made me feel like **** for a few hours.

Avatar image for ShadowNeverDies
ShadowNeverDies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ShadowNeverDies
Member since 2007 • 1394 Posts

Ocarina of Time final farewell to Saria. Majoras Masks ending scenes, Kameo ending: came out of nowhere,

0dazubeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 0dazubeN
Member since 2006 • 1569 Posts

[QUOTE="rustedMECH"]after beating shadow of the colossus, you HAVE to feel bad for that guy...FLzthvikings87

*on a serious note* i felt terrible. that game really made you feel for hte main character and to see it end like that made me feel like **** for a few hours.

Yeah that was the one for me, kinda for the ending but at first for what happens to his horse even though it does survive.

Avatar image for ShadowNeverDies
ShadowNeverDies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowNeverDies
Member since 2007 • 1394 Posts
Oh yeah and Sonic Adventure 2: Sayonara Shadow The Hedgehog. Before sonic games storylines became ridiculous this gut wrenching ending had shadow sacrificing himself, and reaching up to Maria as he fell to Earth and his supposed death. And I'm embarrased to say Lost Planet's ending made me cry as I saw Wayne struggle to finish what he had started.
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
cry over a video game? are u joking me? there is no damn game that could do it , hell ull need some storyline to get me cry ... and im not really a "closed" person
invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 invadernick
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
kingdom hearths 2 when tron jumps into the mcp thank god he came back as mcp ! i shed a tear when he jumped in lol
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

COD4..SPOLIER SPOILER!!

SPOILER SPOLIER!!!

Dam after playing with griggs, Price and Gaz watching them all die wasn't to great, was kinda sad but didnt really cry.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#43 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
oops, somehow i found my way into the emo chat room.1srae1

I dont really see how this is emo but I guess that word gets thrown around so much these days I'm not really quite sure the literal meaning you could be right :p. And yeah Shadow of the Colossus was kinda sad too.....even if no one really spoke during the entire game
pd097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pd097
Member since 2008 • 161 Posts

[QUOTE="1srae1"]oops, somehow i found my way into the emo chat room.skinny_man_69

I dont really see how this is emo but I guess that word gets thrown around so much these days I'm not really quite sure the literal meaning you could be right :p. And yeah Shadow of the Colossus was kinda sad too.....even if no one really spoke during the entire game

lol yea

Ra-Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Ra-Devil
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts

Beyond Good & Evil.

If you haven't played it yet, SPOILER ALERT!

The part where you get back to the light house and all the orphans were gone, abducted by the Alpha Section/Domz... yeah, when Jade went to sulk in the corner, I felt a tug at my heart strings... and I got a little teary eyed...

Also, the end of Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis. Not sure why, I suppose because I loved the game so much and because I like the character Green a lot. Seeing him make his final decision one to help you and all of man kind just made him this... omnipotent character... one that will never leave my mind. It's the most heroic, yet sad things I'd seen at the time. He says he's sorry, asks you tell his sister good bye, then even after you tell him to stop, he lunges forward at the final enemy, the screen goes white, pause for a second in darkness, roll ending credits in the most bad-ass way ever.

Avatar image for TheKing_KaWaLLa
TheKing_KaWaLLa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheKing_KaWaLLa
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

BioShock when u saved all the little sister.. i dont kno why but it was so sad to me for some reason..

Final Fantasy X was sad

an Final Fantasy 8 made me super sad:cry:

kingcow2064

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kingcow2064
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts

The Darkness had that one part which was sad and in Metal Gear Solid when MINOR SPOILER when Meryl got shot and you had to leave her ugh felt like crap, or if you failed the torture and she dies but Shadow of the Collosuss man, THE END IS THE WORST!!!!!

kingcow2064

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingcow2064
Member since 2005 • 231 Posts
ohhhh yeah FFX SAD!!!
Yankeeboy789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Yankeeboy789
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
I remember a few parts of Jade Empire saddened me. The parts where the orphanage was flooded and you must deal with the kids' ghosts, as well as the part where the woman ghost, who died giving birth, learns the caretaker did not take her baby, but it died at the same time. They didn't make me shed any tears, but i really felt terrible at these parts.
Ligh_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ligh_warrior
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts
"Wake me up, When you need me." that sentence made me cry..for it came from the revolutionary FPS that changed the world and my new badass hero, Spartan 117, MasterChief. its been seven facking years since Halo 1. well....to be honest, only game that really made me cry was, Final Fantasy 9. the best FF game of them all! go Zidane FTW!