Gamerscore...90,000! Come on get a life.

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dixie38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dixie38
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

How important is Gamerscore to you? What is yours? 10005 is what i have manged to rack up and still have a life. No offense to people who have high Gamerscores.

phat_frank43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 phat_frank43
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

lol mine's like 70? hahaha doesn't mean squat to me!

maybe some peoples lives ARE about the gamerscore? :P

deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts
ive seen people with 240,000 no joke it was pretty scary. And i dont have a high gamerscore and i have a life but my gs is coming up gradually.
Axxe428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Axxe428
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts
Gamerscore means different things to different people. Some see it as a 'report card' of how good of a gamer they are while others don't really care about the points, they'd rather play the games. Personally, I'm working towards getting all achievements in all of my games. I see it as making sure I get my money's worth. However I might skip the really annoying collection achievements (i.e. collect all the flags in Assasin's Creed.... my god there's like 500 of them....)
Progn0sticator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Progn0sticator
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
6350 and proud of it. Casual enough to have a life still but high enough to be proud.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Everyone has a life, we just have different themes that surround it. Like that guy who has 90,000 points just plays a lot of games. That's his life. Just because you find it pointless and a waste of time doesn't mean it does to him. Do what you want with your free time bit don't go off insulting people because they do something differently with their free time than you do.

Aren't we supposed to do what makes us happy in life? What if playing a lot of games makes him happy? What gives you the right to tell him that he needs to "get a life"?

Sorry, it just get's me mad when people start saying that playing games are a waste of time.

GtuFest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GtuFest
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Everyone has a life, we just have different themes that surround it. Like that guy who has 90,000 points just plays a lot of games. That's his life. Just because you find it pointless and a waste of time doesn't mean it does to him. Do what you want with your free time bit don't go off insulting people because they do something differently with their free time than you do.

Aren't we supposed to do what makes us happy in life? What if playing a lot of games makes him happy? What gives you the right to tell him that he needs to "get a life"?

Sorry, it just get's be mad when people start saying that playing games are a waste of time.

PlasmaBeam44

QFT!

You sir have made my day.

ShadowJax_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowJax_04
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

*Approves of above post*

Jax.

trey555555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 trey555555
Member since 2007 • 708 Posts

Sorry, it just get's be mad when people start saying that playing games are a waste of time.

PlasmaBeam44

pwned

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Yes, but then again i dont really care about those types of people. If they want to waste their lives getting achievment points let them, Ill be out with friends enjoying the fresh air.
dixie38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dixie38
If I thought that playing games was a waste of time I wouldnt be posting on forums on Gamespot. I was simply just getting peoples opinions on Gamerscore. 90,000 is impressive and I wasn't insulting anyone I was just pointing out that there is so much more that person could be doing...like dating or working.
Axxe428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Axxe428

PlasmaBeam44

I agree. I consider myself to be a successful adult with a family, a house, a full time job and the responsibilities of a husband and father. I also consider myself to be a hardcore gamer who plays when he has time. I've been playing video games since I was 4 and will most likely continue to play video games until I'm dead or senile.I don't consider games to be a waste of time. Rather, they are a means of escape, living out a fantasy life that you'd never be able to experience in reality. Luckily my job as a paramedic allows me to play my 360 when I'm at my station, so on slow days I get quite a bit of gaming in. I play more at work than I do at home, and that's fortunate, because I'd be playing a lot less ifI worked somewhere else.

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
manhunt420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 manhunt420
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts
I don`t see nothing wrong with 90,000 pts. That`s his life and I know he`s proud of it. Pts.are not important to me, I play for the fun or love of the games and I`m proud of that!
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#16 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
23700, my goal is to get 10000 all each year. which is probably going to be easy since I had 22000 before christmas
Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts

i have 5710. i try to get 500points month

my goalm is to beat my friend xdeadpeacex, he is like 14100 now

dixie38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dixie38

PlasmaBeam44
Thanks for your outlook. It means a lot to me.
duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 duckykay2
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
It could be that that person plays video games as a job. There are people whose occupation is playing video games.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I've had my 360 7 1/2 months and I only got 6K. I'll beat a game then move on most achievements I don't care to get because they are useless just a number next to my name. Its good that games like Mass Effect give you bonuses in game for getting them gives you more incentive then some sort of weird bragging rights.
Axxe428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Axxe428

It could be that that person plays video games as a job. There are people whose occupation is playing video games.duckykay2

That would be my dream job. I'd love to be a video game reviewer one day.... one can dream, right?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ket87
I've heard that some of those gamertags are hacked because the gamer card lists all the achievements as being in 1 minute intervals.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Um... if someone has a huuuge gamerscore, they HAVE a life... that's why they're able to afford all of those games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#24 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
People who have a GS that high are probably using that dual profile glitch, and have ALOT of free time. Im not sure how this glitch works, but its still pathetic.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
i'd just like to say that just because you have a high gamerscore, that doesn't mean you don't have a life. everyone has lives, we just all make different choices and go on different paths. and while that may not be what you were trying to imply, that's how it came off. i'm proud to say that my gamerscore is over 17,000, and it grows all the time. i'm proud of it because it shows that i've accomplished something, and while that may not mean something to you, it means something to me, and that's what really matters. just for the record too, i'm 16 years old, i have a job, a girlfriend, i get good grades, and i have various other hobbies.
beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#26 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts
No idea. I was playing video games before they were putting points in them to earn, so I don't have any motivation to earn points. I just like playing the games.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I've heard that some of those gamertags are hacked because the gamer card lists all the achievements as being in 1 minute intervals.Ket87

There is a way to download other people's gamesaves and attatch them to your gamertag. The people don't even own the game, they just rack up the points. It's pretty stupid. If you look at the people with the huge gamerscores, a lot of times if you look at a game like Gears of War or something, it will say they never played the game online... but a lot of the achievements can only be done online... that's all gamesave hacks.
childe_roland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 childe_roland
Member since 2003 • 2542 Posts
I have a pretty decent score, I try to get a lot out of the games I play but I still manage to put real life first, I manage to surf at least 3 days a week(if it's good), keep my love life intact and do well with work. It's all about balance.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I think mine's like 10k+ or something, I don't know because the last time I was on it was 10k. If you expect me to go check now then you're dead wrong, I'm not going down 2 floors, through 2 halls, getting up off my bed, putting some pants on, putting my slippers on, turning on the lights because it gets dark even though there's windows everywhere, waking up my girlfriend(worst thing you can do when she's tired), turning on my 360, logging in, just to check the gamerscore which I don't even give a crap about. I guess for those who do care and their gamerscore is their life, then they can go ahead and have a billion for all I care. That's just sad to have a gamerscore higher than your IQ or I was going to say but it doesn't make any sense. What does make sense I will say now, that's just sad when your gamerscore is higher than your yearly income.
SkillzLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SkillzLife
Member since 2005 • 735 Posts
Lmao who cares about a gamerscore, i just play games to play em cuz i like em
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ket87
What would have been cool is if Microsoft never thought of them they are pointless. I remember the first time I played 360 I was playing Gears at my brothers house and all of a sudden hearing the beep and the message coming up for the prision break achievement and going what the hell was that thing and after hearing the explanation thinking wow thats all it does thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
briannye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 briannye
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
i have 360, ironicly, but i just got mine christmas
imacman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 imacman1
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
What is this thing you call work?
KrYp7iC_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KrYp7iC_X
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

You know what, you're the type of person who makes a thread to make yousrelf feel better, "ohhh wow, if your gamerscore is high you definitely don't have a life." Your ignorance leads to other people having the same mentality. Don't be influenced by jerks like this.

Damnit, if someone wants to spend their time playing video games, then let them. Mind your own business, they like to play games so let them have their fun, who are you to decide if anyone has a "life". Your the one without a life, if you care enough about the subject to go and make a topic on it.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

Yes, but then again i dont really care about those types of people. If they want to waste their lives getting achievment points let them, Ill be out with friends enjoying the fresh air.ImSwordMan

That coming from the guy with 21k+ pointz & is Lvl 24 on GS, lulz :lol:

StranglyGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StranglyGhost
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have 10k something and I play games about 4-5 hours a week so 90k doesn't necessarily mean he has absolutely no life outside of games. A lot of people I know who play WoW play more than my weekly each day.

dixie38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dixie38

You know what, you're the type of person who makes a thread to make yousrelf feel better, "ohhh wow, if your gamerscore is high you definitely don't have a life." Your ignorance leads to other people having the same mentality. Don't be influenced by jerks like this.

Damnit, if someone wants to spend their time playing video games, then let them. Mind your own business, they like to play games so let them have their fun, who are you to decide if anyone has a "life". Your the one without a life, if you care enough about the subject to go and make a topic on it.

KrYp7iC_X
and you are the type of guy who thinks he is cool for making a big deal about a harmless post. Oh and thats cute saying that I have no life when you just typed your well thought out insult post.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

PlasmaBeam44
Yeah people like that turn into hypocrites anyway, saying to get a life and then themselves play games!
ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
What you call life doesnt apply to everybody...
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I'm close to 30,000 and I'm called a whore but I don't care it's my vice.
ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ssc0n
I think mine's like 10k+ or something, I don't know because the last time I was on it was 10k. If you expect me to go check now then you're dead wrong, I'm not going down 2 floors, through 2 halls, getting up off my bed, putting some pants on, putting my slippers on, turning on the lights because it gets dark even though there's windows everywhere, waking up my girlfriend(worst thing you can do when she's tired), turning on my 360, logging in, just to check the gamerscore which I don't even give a crap about. I guess for those who do care and their gamerscore is their life, then they can go ahead and have a billion for all I care. That's just sad to have a gamerscore higher than your IQ or I was going to say but it doesn't make any sense. What does make sense I will say now, that's just sad when your gamerscore is higher than your yearly income.SPD_WeBmAsTaH
All you had to was go to mygamercard.net geez...
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
Almost 62,000 if i remember right.. but I'm so sick of wasting my time on them so i don't any more.
ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ssc0n
Almost 62,000 if i remember right.. but I'm so sick of wasting my time on them so i don't any more.Darkslayer16
Dang, I'd be satisfied w/ earning 10k, at most.
UncleLev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 UncleLev
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts

PlasmaBeam44

AMEN!

I am so sick of listening to the whole "get a life" defense by people who need to compensate for their jealousy.

Having a life is relative to each individual brain leading that life; if you have a hard time comprehending that, then maybe its your life that lacks meaning or purpose if you need to devote portions of your time to ridiculing how others lead theirs.

Just because someone might have a higher score than you doesn't mean anything. Maybe it only means they like or play video games more than you. Maybe you do something better than they do. It in no way is a reflection of how much of a "life" they have, since that is a relative theme that will be different from individual to individual.

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts

Im at 20 thousand something. I've had my 360 since March of 07' so I figure its not bad for a years worth of gaming. I still have a life, I just find myself going out of my way sometimes to get some of the points like play games multiple times and stuff like that

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#46 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

ive had my 360 since the day it came out on launch day.... I have 26000

Someone on my friends list has 96,000, he has a life... has a job, also now going to school, gf, etc... some people just go for achievments when they are on there 360, others just let them come. Also he has gamefly, so he gets new games every week

jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
Im shootin for 30K and i have a life :)
Sigma-Syd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sigma-Syd
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I always aimed for 100k by the end of the 360, but I dount I will reach that.I wonder if the next xbox will have achievements?
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

PlasmaBeam44
Agreed 100%. :)
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I've got about 14,600. It doesn't mean much to me but i do like going back through games and getting the achievements.