Game Of THe YEar!!!!!!

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mac_halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mac_halo
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
what game do u think is the game of the year? i think Halo3 because it is a complete game. However COD 4 i heard is real good too. What do u guys think is the GOTY and why?
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

:lol: Halo 3 = complete game

Anyway, GOTY= MASS EFFECT!

Edit- Woops, I forgot to mention why. Well, Mass Effect is actually a complete game. Its long, amazing graphics, innovative dialogue system, fun combat, fantastic story, everything! The only thing that gets on my nerves is the texture popping.

mac_halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mac_halo

Edit- Woops, I forgot to mention why. Well, Mass Effect is actually a complete game. Its long, amazing graphics, innovative dialogue system, fun combat, fantastic story, everything! The only thing that gets on my nerves is the texture popping.

Shade-Blade

does mass effect have any multiplayer though?

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shade-Blade
No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

My personal game of the year for the 360 thus far is BioShock.

Great story, atmosphere, graphics, etc. It's a great game and my favorite for the 360 this year.

mac_halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mac_halo

No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.Shade-Blade

No what im trying to say is that a complete game usually covers all aspects. IMO when your missing multiplayer or a strong campaign its not complete and GOTY material.

brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
so you just closed your arguement. Halo 3 having a strong campaign. lol.
oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
for 360 BioShock or Mass Effect. The GOTY will probably go to Crysis.
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts
I love Mass Effect so it's GOTY for me.
mac_halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mac_halo
so you just closed your arguement. Halo 3 having a strong campaign. lol.brad1087
i believe it does
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brad1087
i guess if you can lie to yourself enough it becomes true.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
I think Bioshock, but a lot of people just thought it was so-so.
Its_Tea_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Its_Tea_Time
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="brad1087"]so you just closed your arguement. Halo 3 having a strong campaign. lol.mac_halo
i believe it does

Stop being so ignorant... great games don't need multiplayer in order to be game of the year. You define a "complete game" as "covering all aspects" and you happen to love Halo to the point that it's gotten to your head. Sure, Halo is a great game and I love it, but I love it for the multiplayer. The campaign is decent at best and so is the story. A game like Mass Effect, although having no multiplayer, has a very strong and amazing story and atmosphere that emerses players in a believeable sci-fi universe. The game is very long lasting and is worth playing over and over again despite the lack of any online play.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
I think it should be CoD4. I don't think it will win but it should. The single player may be short but it's amazing and the multiplayer is the best I have played. It deserves it for sure.
kdoggydog97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kdoggydog97
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
COD 4 is game of the year.......Iv'e never played a game as visceral and exciting as Call of Duty 4...amazing!!
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brad1087
BOOO HOOOO HOOOOOO:cry:
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.mac_halo

No what im trying to say is that a complete game usually covers all aspects. IMO when your missing multiplayer or a strong campaign its not complete and GOTY material.

oblivion, GOTY 2006.... did it have multiplayer?

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shade-Blade

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.mac_halo

You say GOTY covers every aspect.... Halo 3 covers every aspect? Eh, not really. Boring and repetative SP with ok MP is not a good game IMO.
SwettheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SwettheBeast
I think assassins creed deserves GOTY
MasterSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MasterSandman
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.Shade-Blade
Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

What is the point to this thread? Mass Effect is getting GOTY and everyone knows it...and don't try to argue cause deep down you know it's true.

/end thread

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shade-Blade

What is the point to this thread? Mass Effect is getting GOTY and everyone knows it...and don't try to argue cause deep down you know it's true.

/end thread

Sykoh
It should get it or maybe Call of Duty 4 but its probably going to Halo 3 based on hype sadly :( Ohwell, GOTY IMO is Mass Effect
Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sykoh
[QUOTE="Sykoh"]

/end thread

Shade-Blade

It should get it or maybe Call of Duty 4 but its probably going to Halo 3 based on hype sadly :( Ohwell, GOTY IMO is Mass Effect

Yea what I meant to say is Mass Effect SHOULD get GOTY but there are so many retarded gamers that Halo 3 will prolly get it...

Fergy33WF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Fergy33WF
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts
If you go by sales and how many people are online everyday, Halo 3 wins hands down and then some... but I think games like COD4, Bioshock, and Mass Effect are equally deserving!
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
who actually decides the winner of GOTY?
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shade-Blade
who actually decides the winner of GOTY?Hitchy9
On this site I think it would be the user based review's but its probably not.
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
TC is wrong i played halo 3 singleplayr boring but only fun while with a freind and multiplayr broing as well ss that mean not GOTY material Mass effect Assasins creed and cod4 and call me weird but i reckon kane and lych could win 3rd person shooter
azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

Shade-Blade

isthe dialoguereally innovative? it was done inKOTOR one and two

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts

I gotta agree, Halo 3 was less than I had hoped. Oh my God I've said it....oh no!!!

Anyway, COD 4 was a very good experience, mostly online, but still solid.

Assassins Creed was good too, so I'm not sure what will win the game of the year.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sykoh
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

azorath44

isthe dialoguereally innovative? it was done inKOTOR one and two

Mass Effect's is better. Your avatar actually talks and the animations and stuff are way better. It's really life-like.

OilerBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OilerBoy
Member since 2003 • 877 Posts
COD4 or Galaxy.
sKin117x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sKin117x

I really hope ME doesn't get GOTY, simply because it doesn't deserve it. Aside from the great story/dialouge system, there are so many techinal problems/akward gameplay moments (don't get me started on how badly they screwed up the Mako), that I can't help but put it below near-flawless games such as Bioshock/COD 4/SM Galaxy.

Hopefully they'll work the kinks out in ME 2.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shade-Blade
Lmao! They didnt screw up the mako, you just suck at driving it. RPG's arent supposed to be non stop action, Im glad it has a good bit of breaks so I can just explore. The only technical problem is the texture popping.
zikeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zikeria
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts
avatar: the last airbender HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shade-Blade
avatar: the last airbender HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!zikeria
Psh, Hour of Victory HANDS DOWN
Avatar image for TheBlueGuardian
TheBlueGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheBlueGuardian
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
I have to remember i'm not in the Nintendo board's ;) so i'll go with either Bioshock or Halo 3
firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

mac_halo

does mass effect have any multiplayer though?

mass effect DOESN'T NEED multiplayer.

exactly

SOME Games can hold enough interest with their single player aspect to not need a multiplayer mode :) You se, there is this thing called talent, and when applied to the single player aspect, multiplayer is no longer needed.

[QUOTE="mac_halo"]

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]No and it doesnt need it. I dont see why gamers think that to be a good game it has to have MP, atleast thats what I think youre insinuating.Hitchy9

oblivion, GOTY 2006.... did it have multiplayer?

hahaha, self owned XD

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
I'd go with Bioshock. Halo 3 is fine, but Bioshock is just such a masterfully crafted game. Mass Effect has a lot of great qualities, but it just doesn't have the polish in many areas.
sKin117x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sKin117x

Lmao! They didnt screw up the mako, you just suck at driving it. RPG's arent supposed to be non stop action, Im glad it has a good bit of breaks so I can just explore. The only technical problem is the texture popping. Shade-Blade

Are you kidding me? The controls were utter crap - the turning was just downright uncontrolable. I mean seriously, the Halo series proved that you can do driving on the thumbsticks, yet ME tried to do it differently and completely screwed it up. After watching a billion ME videos about the Mako before it released, I was shocked at how bad it controlled when I finally played it.

And you forgot the horrible FPS chugs when the action heats up, wall clipping, and all of the other techinal that plauge the game. I'm a huge Bioware fan, but even I feel as if ME was rushed.

Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts

Thats not the definition of complete by anyones standards but your own though.. Halo 3 is a good game, but its a shooter.. of course it has multiplayer. Nobody would even look twice at Halo 3 if it DIDN'T have multiplayer, and as such its not a game rich with story, and plot advancement. They give just enough in order to give your characters reason to keep killing aliens so its not TOTALLY mindless.

Mass Effect is an RPG, RPG's are about story, and character development. 2 huge things that do not translate into an online arena, not even MMORPG's manage to truly bring this out. Some types of games just werent meant for online.. different things, for different interests. From an RPG players perspective though, Mass Effect could be a candidate because of its very shooter'ish combat system. It retains enough ability to pause combat and strategize, as an RPG should allow, yet at the same time provide fast paced action, compiling into a "complete" experience to others.

Avatar image for marshiemallowma
marshiemallowma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 marshiemallowma
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy has a big chance, but strictly 360, I would say Call of Duty 4 deserves it because of it's intense multiplayer and short-but-sweet campaign.

pross168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pross168
With Bioshocks amazing story line, excellent graphics, divers incredible world and outstanding gameplay the choice is easy.
masterchief375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 masterchief375
Member since 2004 • 1400 Posts
Halo 3!!! or Assassin's Creed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#44 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

TC is noobtastic........

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts

Halo 3 = Great

Mass Effect = GOTY

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts

[QUOTE="brad1087"]so you just closed your arguement. Halo 3 having a strong campaign. lol.mac_halo
i believe it does

halo 3 Mp is amazing, the single player..err not a fan and not even compared to mass effects sp. However Halo 3 is one of my fav games due to its mp.

jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

MAC HALO...a few things...in 2006 Oblivion got Game of the Year and it DOESNT have multiplayer, and IMO Oblivion is one of the best games this gen will see.

Halo 3 was not a complete game, it was an updated Halo 2 with a new story. I know your a fanboy and your gonna argue that, but dont waste your breath, it was incomplete, it could have/should have been SOOO much better!

A game that deserves GOTY should be something NEW, INNOVATIVE, AND FUN. Thats why games like Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, and Bioshock deserve GOTY over Halo 3 and even Call of Duty 4. I mean it took them 4 COD games for them to get it this far, im glad its out and i love playing the online game, but at the end of the day its still a shooter.

Well theres my 2 cents.

oH, my vote goes to Assassins Creed

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts
I hope CoD 4 gets shooter GOTY over Halo 3. Overall GOTY should be Mass Effect.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#49 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

As of right now..... 1. Mass Effect 2. Mario Galaxy 3. Crysis 4. COD4/Bioshock/Halo3

Sk8teOrDi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sk8teOrDi3
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

My personal game of the year for the 360 thus far is BioShock.

Great story, atmosphere, graphics, etc. It's a great game and my favorite for the 360 this year.

nyc05

Totally agree dude. BTW NEW YORK ROCKS!!