does RRoD ALWAYS mean your screwed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

ok guys I have a question and I need some help before I hyperventilate!!!! Ok so here I am, minding my own business playing a bit of Skate and a demo for DiRT this morning before I had to go to work and boom the power flicked, not just on the 360....everything in the room flicked and immediatly gave me the red rings...I flipped.....I restarted the 360 though and it worked fine....

I have heard on many occasions that a power flick can cause this to show......does it mean my 360 is screwed, or is it kind of like a one time thing....now that its happened, its fine again? if thats really enough to cause it to RRoD then thats just stupid because it came without warning, its not even raining here!

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Yes.

The only way to get the 360 to work momentarily is the towel trick. There is no other course of repair other than Microsoft.

If you get RROD you will need a new console. Its as simple as that.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

It usually means it's coming. I had one do that once or twice then a week later just die. Go ahead and call for a coffin now so you'll be ready when it does.

bt2404[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com

HoytArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoytArcher
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
OP, I had this same thing happen to me once before, and that was at least six monthes ago. I've never had any problems with my 360 and it has run perfectly before and after this occurance. I wouldn't be too worried if your box is in a nice open/ventilated area where it can get some good air.
Ammo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ammo87
Member since 2005 • 648 Posts
No, if the light on your power supply is orange not green, then they can help you.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NOD_Grindking

Its working fine though....some people just don't read full posts.....it was flashing 3 rings quite rapidly, i hit the button, came back on fine.

its not STILL giving me the red lights

goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

yeah that happened to me with my first 360 the one of my retards friends pull the power cord

and he said Red ring of doom !!1

i say you stupid ******* you pulled the cord you b****

Aerosmith_Lova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Aerosmith_Lova
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts

yeah, usually it means you're screwed, but i've never heard of someone in your situation. Are you sure that it was the RRoD? because if you get the ones that just continually circulate the 360 power button then it's nothing to worry about, it just means that the power cable cable loose or something like that. Either way though, Microsoft is starting to get on my nerves. 360s continue to break yet they still sell them instead of finding a solution and sending out a call back, i know it would cost a lot but they f***ed up in the first place. And now, xbox live is down like every other day

Edit: yeah you're fine, i read your reply a few posts up. My friend had it happen to his 360 twice, once because his little brother pulledthe power cordwhile we were playing, and the other time was when another friend's phone chargerwas plugged in along with the 360 to one of theose outlet dividers, when he pulled the charger the divider came loose and gave the rapid lights.

one occasion happened about a year ago, another about 7months ago, no problems other than those 2 minor ones

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NOD_Grindking

yeah, usually it means you're screwed, but i've never heard of someone in your situation. Are you sure that it was the RRoD? because if you get the ones that just continually circulate the 360 power button then it's nothing to worry about, it just means that the power cable cable loose or something like that. Either way though, Microsoft is starting to get on my nerves. 360s continue to break yet they still sell them instead of finding a solution and sending out a call back, i know it would cost a lot but they f***ed up in the first place. And now, xbox live is down like every other day

Edit: yeah you're fine, i read your reply a few posts up. My friend had it happen to his 360 twice, once because his little brother pulledthe power cordwhile we were playing, and the other time was when another friend's phone chargerwas plugged in along with the 360 to one of theose outlet dividers, when he pulled the charger the divider came loose and gave the rapid lights.

one occasion happened about a year ago, another about 7months ago, no problems other than those 2 minor ones

Aerosmith_Lova

Thank you very much...I appreciate your reply.....that makes me feel much better :):)

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I had that once on my old 360 until it died 3 weeks later. I bought a new Xbox 360 for xmas.
bastila19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 bastila19
Member since 2004 • 551 Posts
After my friend got the RRoD, he was taking it up his stairs then accidentally dropped it down the stairs and it started to work again.