Do you use/hear a lot of racial slurs on XBL?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Yeah I hate that.
Supertramp20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 Supertramp20
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
ya i hate it
legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
This is so sad. To all who have been victims of this I am sorry. We as gamers really need to address this. One shouldn't have to go online to play a game and have fun and be racialy discriminated. And God forbid, some little kid would get on their and be called a racial name. No one should be subjected to this. I was on there the other day playing with my friend. His little 2 year old boy came in the room and he forgot to turn his mic of to talk to him. You could hear the boy talking in the background and some piece of crap asked who that was. My friend said his 2 year old boy. And the guy said "Man I'd like to stick my (insert word here) in his face." We reported him. This kind of stuff shouldn't be tollorated on Live or on PSN. Or any online gaming what so ever. This just needs to be stopped.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Actually one of the main reasons why I love Xbox Live is because of my addiction to petty arguments that I usually win. Sometimes I myself join a room and start random crap just because the game is boring and not competitive enough...such as in Gears of War, I'll say the opposing team sucks or sumthin just to get the juices flowing...lol! Maybe I shouldn't have confessed that!
The_GR8_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 The_GR8_H
Member since 2008 • 238 Posts
hear em all the time *shakes head*
Avatar image for Console_Gamer13
Console_Gamer13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Console_Gamer13
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Think about what this country would be without racism... That's part of our rights as American's, no one can take that away from us legally. Politicians are pushing towards politically correct than American... If there wouldn't be racism all of the black people you know might still be in Africa, possibly getting some terrible disease or starving. Now, I'm not saying that racism is a good thing, or the right thing, I'm just saying that as Americans, we all have the right to say whatever the F*ck we want. Kinda like dropping that f-bomb. I did just drop it, and I might get in trouble for it from Gamespot. But that's also their right as American's (I think?) to suspend me. It's a system that works both ways. Having a country that supports free speech so we seem open minded, but against racism so that we seem like we care. Face it, this country was made because people were sick of not having any freedoms (which is ironic because of the slaves) and if there weren't close minded people like there were back in Britain, this kick a*s country would never have been created.

And that's my long post for the day

Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

I never use them. I abhor the people who do.

And I don't hear many, because I don't play CoD, Halo, or GTA4 online. Rock Band 2/TF2 ftw....

SWATxSPATAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SWATxSPATAN
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I think someone should change there gamer zone to Family!!!
xhizors96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xhizors96
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
Lol, i just rofl every time i go on XBL and hear Crap like that , especially if its from some guy with a really squeaky voice and sounds like some one from alvin and the chipmunks (LOL) and is trying to act all big and tough . But yeah the use of the "N-Word" is only limited to one race is really stupid, if it is offensive then why do the people of that culture use it if it offends themselves? but if another person from another race says it they'd get in trouble? to me it's just stupid . They should just ban the word altogether or just stop calling people that . Also if a white Person Gets called a racist term nothing happens , it seems a little unfair to me . >.
crsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 crsx
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts
The worse is when someone just breathes hellla loud when all is quiet lol
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
I play Team Fortress, and racial slurs there are the exception, rather than the rule. As for myself, I talk on Live the same way I talk in real life. I swear constantly (I'm in the military), but I don't use racial slurs.
D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

Yeah ... People Use Racial Slurs Alright ... COD4 is like the lowest of low of people though ... from playing that game

you can get so much bad feed back .. for doing nothing wrong or just simply by killing a team mate not on purpose..

but back on toppic .. kids .. think its cool to use racial slures .. cause its some thing there parents dont want them to say or there parents curse on a daily bases and the kids pick up on it .... Being Racest its dumb ... really dumb

Speaking of Racest .. allot of people are not voting for Obama for one simple reason ... cause there racest

Wich is Dumb ... Pointless .. Color of skin shouldnt matter ... ever.. its like a cat hating another cat cause the one cat is tabby and the other is calico... pointless dumb!...

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#63 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
im good at halo and im black. of course the opposing "white" team is going to be mad that me and my team beat them. so they throw out the n word
colts99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 colts99
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
Fighting with people online is fun
stormydog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 stormydog1
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
I can understand that your upset about hearing racial slurs, but why don't you just turn off your mike or mute the player? Its not that hard.
nickmat_tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66 nickmat_tycoon
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
that is why, 95% of the time i donbt wear a mic and mute ppl
GodLikeLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 GodLikeLee
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts
omg ! are you kidding ? I'm about as white as liquid paper and I get called that "n" word all the time ! But you know what ? When player's start cussing me out and calling me the "n " word and telling me all the thing's they have done with my mom , well then I know I've done my job by kicking their but !!
bconngemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bconngemini
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
people like to talk tough and be a-holes when they are hiding behind a computer screen. it allows guys the ability to be macho and boost their ego without threat of retaliation.
AIRVRIDER11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AIRVRIDER11
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
I just private chat with friends! Simple solution!
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
I've never heard any racist comments on XBox live.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Halo 3 and GTA 4 are also really bad

I can't use my Mic after certain times because I get attacked for being British.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Lol, i just rofl every time i go on XBL and hear Crap like that , especially if its from some guy with a really squeaky voice and sounds like some one from alvin and the chipmunks (LOL) and is trying to act all big and tough . But yeah the use of the "N-Word" is only limited to one race is really stupid, if it is offensive then why do the people of that culture use it if it offends themselves? but if another person from another race says it they'd get in trouble? to me it's just stupid . They should just ban the word altogether or just stop calling people that . Also if a white Person Gets called a racist term nothing happens , it seems a little unfair to me . >.xhizors96
Who ever said the "N" word was limited to one race or group? You have the right to use the "N" word all you wan't, but just be advised that when you use it around the wrong people they might cause serious trauma to your face if not make you a vegetable! It's not about one race being able to use the "N" word or not...it's about why people like you feel the need that you would want to even use the word in the first place. That argument you make about one race using it and so should I makes no sense, we all know that black people use it in a wayyyy different way/meaning than when a white person uses it. It's no different than when woman call each-other B***'s, me as a man won't walk up to a woman and call her a B*** because they use it with each-other and so should I, because it's wrong. You miss the whole point because of your inner hidden racism.
KingDridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KingDridge
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts

Actually one of the main reasons why I love Xbox Live is because of my addiction to petty arguments that I usually win. Sometimes I myself join a room and start random crap just because the game is boring and not competitive enough...such as in Gears of War, I'll say the opposing team sucks or sumthin just to get the juices flowing...lol! Maybe I shouldn't have confessed that!gamer082009

Come play me in Gears. I will make you regret every second of the trash talk you dish out.

hiroyukiwu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hiroyukiwu
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

agree with mysterypoo, people are too sensitive AND there are too many restrctions on what WHITE people say, fact is these are kids on LIVE, just turn the mic off, or better yet insult them and for a start anyway how do they know your race? maybe because your speaking like 50 cent? jees, equality is really bent these days

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

This thread is awesome.

I very rarely talk, but I do wear my headset because people say the strangest things.

Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts

Nope because I turn my mic off unless I'm playing with friends. COD4 has one of the worst online communities I've ever seen. Kuruption84
And Halo.

I have come across that too. Just don't play with a mike.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Yes, I hear a lot of kids swearing and racial slurs on XBOX LIVE.

As much as I love LIVE, it does get annoying.

Plus, don't think I am a fanboy for saying this, but I have owned my PS3 for far longer than my 360 and I have only had problems with one person in a game of COD4 on the PS3, and that is it.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#78 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

I have no problem with smack talk. It makes the game fun and interesting. BUT when personal attacks takes place by using profanity it lowers the quality of the game. The N word, the B word, and all curses is just a way of showing your low sense of morality and lack of vocabulary in your talk!

Whatever happened to the play on words. The three stooges used words like: Numbskull, Birdbrain.

What about Bubblebutt, Senior Estupido, Crack Sniffer, StinkWod, SewerLips, BoogahLicker, and many more. These types of words leaves it up the person's imagination and ability to create something completely hilarious. Reverting to repetitive curses is plain moronic!

And yes, "When in doubt mute them out!"

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

The 'N-word', is not a racist word...

I go to a high school that's roughly half black.

I hear this dreaded 'N-word' anywhere from 10 to 20 times a day, all from black students. This is not just between two kids talking to themselves or in the locker room or something like that, which isn't ok either but is just accepted here, this is all in plain view of multiple teachers, to scared to do anything. In the hallways, classrooms, etc..

Nothing ever happens, they can't do anything about it. The only time a teacher tried to something about it, the kid said that the teacher used the term on him and basically lost his job until he got it back through court and everything.
GAURENTEE you, if I, or any other person of any other race were to use this word out loud, I/we'd get suspended, and probably get capped.

I'm all for discontinuing the use of this word too, but until it stops being the black exlcusicve word for 'dude', or whatever, it's just entire BS.

I havne't used Gamespot in a very long time, and I probably won't be for a while since this post is probably 'racist' or whatever and I'll get suspended. Don't see why, I didn't say anything that isn't the truth or bad. If I was racist I wouldn't live in teh community I do, or go to the school I do. I just get so sick over the whole situation.

s3lFc0nTr0l

i would really advise you against saying this ever again its just shows your well not understanding of the situation

Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

its gotten out of control...but really its usually black people that use the n bomb (and some annoying dumb little kids who hear it)

but really...stop saying it regarding yourself and others will stop too

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#81 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts
Agreed. It's an offensive word that should not be used by anyone!

its gotten out of control...but really its usually black people that use the n bomb (and some annoying dumb little kids who hear it)

but really...stop saying it regarding yourself and others will stop too

volcomstoner180
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I think it sadly is a good representation of what people are thinking. These people know nothing bad can happen to them if they cuss, yell, or insult others on LIVE. The most we can do is file a complaint, and even then I doubt people care. Without consequenses, look what happens.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
No, Not really.
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts
i always hear racial slurs, but i don't ever say them myself.
aug_ga_man5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 aug_ga_man5
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts
Lets face it people today's youth is very very very ignorant. XBL is mainly compose of young kids who constantly need to feel they are accepted. So they feel one way of doing this on XBL is to call people names and use words they would not dare to say to a stranger in public. Being on XBL is like chatting on the internet. You can say what ever you want, and pretend to be whom ever you want without any reprocutions. The worse apart this is that there isn't really anything that can be done about this. You can give somebody bad rep, but who gets suspended from that and how many people think about taking that action. The best thing that can be done is to mute the person or persons talking foul.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

I can't wait for 8-play gamer chat, because of this... I'll just private chat with my friends while playing my game so I won't have to hear the nonsense... sometimes it's funny, but then there are those a-holes who go a little too farAtlanticRock

Agreed.

King613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 King613
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
if u think your right go use that world in front of the black ppl in your school and well see if its accepted, they will accept your face into the dirt so dont act tough because ur also hiding behind internet i hope u would talk to me like this i fina buss yo head
vlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 vlam
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
As many have mentioned before, it is cowardly and is a reflection of the real world. I suggest, the regular use of the File Complaint feature on X-Box Live, not the Player Review (player review will not result in any consequences for the offending player). Despite the common belief that it doesn't do anything, it actually suspends players' live accounts if enough complaints are filed. I have a friend who talks so much **** on Live, that his accounts normally only last a month or two, due to complaints. I don't agree with his actions, but I can't stop him. I mean, some people have the money to keep getting accounts and don't care about losing their gamertags, but it seems like many people do care and don't want to deal with getting new accounts every so often. I feel like if more people started using the complaint function for derogatory use of racial slurs, it'll decrease the frequency of its occurrence. By no means will it erase racial slurs off Live, but have people think twice before spewing them out, in fear of receiving enough complaints to cancel their gold account. So I say tell everyone you know to start using the function.