Do you feel obligated to buy Halo 3?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
I'm kind of iffy on purchasing Halo 3 when it comes out, This will be my first ever Halo game played so I don't really know what to expect once it comes out, but as a 360 owner it feels like you have an obligation to buy this game, it's like going to a seafood restaurant and not ordering fish, just doesn't seem right. So im askin you guys as 360 owners do you feel obligated to buy Halo 3 even if you are not a big time Halo fan?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Well I kinda am a big Halo fan, didn't have Xbox Live last gen so this is my first Halo online. That's one reason, second is I NEED to know how the story ends. Played the first 2 to death co-op and can't wait to play this one over Live. If you like console FPS there is a very high chance you will like Halo 3.
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
No, I'll get CoD4
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I don't feel obligated to buy Halo 3, no, but i'm still going to purchase it due to the fact that I like the series.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 andyboiii

No, I'll get CoD4club-sandwich

thats's the game that I'm definitely getting since im a huge COD fan, but I know Halo 3 will be an awesome game too so I'm still deciding if I should purchase both when they come out

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="club-sandwich"]No, I'll get CoD4andyboiii

thats's the game that I'm definitely getting since im a huge COD fan, but I know Halo 3 will be an awesome game too so I'm still deciding if I should purchase both when they come out

I'm a huge CoD fan aswell, so CoD4 is the game for me. I won't bother getting H3 because there are games with more potential IMO
mkmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 mkmage
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts
you dont have to buy halo 3 but everyone else will!!!:D
tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 tyuzfuny
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
That's a really great question, and yes, I do sort of feel obligated to buy it. I enjoy Halo, but I wouldn't same I'm a huge fan of it. But to have a 360 and not own Halo... I donno, it just doesn't seem right.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
It will be my first Halo too. So I'm going to buy the 1 and 2 in the series from Xbox and play them. THEN I'll buy the 3. I kind of feel obligated to buy one, just because a game that's this hyped and this popular must have some qualities.
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
I'm a huge Halo fan, and I'm really anticipating the final chapter in the story, the multiplayer looks pretty fun too. I'm just more excited about other games like COD4, GTA4, Assassin's Creed. Halo 3 isn't at the top of my list.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Nope, I have no plans to buy it.
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Yes, I am DEFINITELY obligated to buy Halo 3. I am a huge Halo fan and have followed the storyline since the release of Halo: Combat Evolved. Now that the answers to questions about the giant cliffhanger left in Halo 2 will finally be answered, I must buy Halo 3 and FINISH THE FIGHT! Brutes...you are going straight back to the fiery depths of Oblivion.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Not really, I'm gonna buy it because I'm a fan of the series, I wanna see how the story ends, and I love the multiplayer.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

[QUOTE="club-sandwich"]No, I'll get CoD4andyboiii

if you have friends to play with, I highly reccommend it. 4 player online or offline co-op will be incredible, not to mention the online versus modes will provide so many hours of entertainment its silly. BUY BOTH! I don't buy a lot of games, but its almost impossible to pass on them.

PS, CPK is awesome :D

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
If you haven't played Halo 1 or Halo 2, buy 3 for the multiplayer, it's a lot of fun.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
It's the opposite for me... I'm actually obligated not to buy it... per order of Bioshock.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Halo is the reason I started playing games full time...and the reason I continue to play (although not as much.)
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
No I don't, I'm going to buy some of the many other/better games coming out this year.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

No I genuinely want to and so should you. Don't buy something just because everyone else is. The first twocan be bought or rented easily so you can get up to speed.

Halo 3 is going to be awesome but don't feel pressured to buy it.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

No I genuinely want to and so should you. Don't buy something just because everyone else is. The first twocan be bought or rented easily so you can get up to speed.

Halo 3 is going to be awesome but don't feel pressured to buy it.

capthavic

That, my friend, is an oxymoron. You say he should want to buy it... because yourself (and the collective whole by association) want to.... but then you tell him that.... -_- Everyone doesn't have to want the FPS of the unwashed console-shooter-loving masses.

Risharo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Risharo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Halo will be the new fps everyone will play, so I'd say people will be putting down their gears... and playing some halo... I'm looking forward to buying it... But I have a big income. X_X
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

You misunderstood me. I was saying that I am buying it because I really want to (not because I feel obligated or everyone else is) and if he is going to buy it then he should for the same reason as well. And because it would be his first Halo game I just thought he might want to check out the first two before Halo 3 comes out.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
Depends if I sell my 360 before it comes out....
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

[QUOTE="club-sandwich"]No, I'll get CoD4skullkrusher13

if you have friends to play with, I highly reccommend it. 4 player online or offline co-op will be incredible, not to mention the online versus modes will provide so many hours of entertainment its silly. BUY BOTH! I don't buy a lot of games, but its almost impossible to pass on them.

PS, CPK is awesome :D

cool man thanks for the advice

and yes CPK is awesome to the max;)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i buy halo3 its gorgeous game the single player visuals 3 times better of betta i dont care cod4i f have better visuals i loveand i buy cod4 too
Risharo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Risharo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm sure both games have their ups and downs. But the visuals and multi-player in halo has always beeeeeeen elite. :D
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
I'm kind of iffy on purchasing Halo 3 when it comes out, This will be my first ever Halo game played so I don't really know what to expect once it comes out, but as a 360 owner it feels like you have an obligation to buy this game, it's like going to a seafood restaurant and not ordering fish, just doesn't seem right. So im askin you guys as 360 owners do you feel obligated to buy Halo 3 even if you are not a big time Halo fan?andyboiii
Everyone whos owns a 360 is going to get Halo 3. For a lot of people its why they bought a 360.
beedup91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 beedup91
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts
Nah I don't feel obligated to get it but I'm goin to try and get it when it first comes out cause I Halo is a good series
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
Sorta. I mean, I want to play it and I'm sure it will be great but there is just so many games coming out that look to be better...
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I love the halo series so i dont feel obligated at all.I bought halo 2 on launch night and i still play it online,so im sure ill love halo 3.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
hell no it looks like crap. And the way they hype it actually disgusts me. So no.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
hell no it looks like crap. And the way they hype it actually disgusts me. So no.BounceDK
Just curious. How does it look like crap? and you dont want to buy it because people are hyping it??? It's just a game :lol:
Zeokor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zeokor
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
maybe a little but thats not a bad thing, I mean, the games not extremely popular and loved because its rubbish
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
Yeah, kinda. Never owned a Halo game before, but this looks like fun. Nothing special actually, but i will probably buy it;)
FatCat360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FatCat360
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
I feel sorta obligated to buy Halo 3 due to the fact I can never find a bad review on the game even though I felt like Halo 2 was the biggest downer of all time. I love Halo 1 and hope that Bungie can bring me that smile that I had while pwning people on Hang em' High.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
No I don't feel obligated nor as of now do I plan to purchase Halo 3. I've got the longest wish list of video games built up than I've ever had for a single year and I'm way more excited about other games than Halo 3, I did play both of the original games and did enjoy the Co-Op play & a little bit online, but the experience didn't blow me away like it did so many others. Not saying that I won't play Halo 3, just most likely will rent it to play through the single player campaign.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Halo 3 will have offline Co-Op right???
Dizzynecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dizzynecro
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
i dont feel obligated i just really want it.
dorfoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dorfoz
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts

To the OP, this decision is up to you. You don't need to be pressured to get it just because it's the iconic game for your 360. This may not be the typical genre of games that you play, otherwise it's one of those have to games for those who are into first person shooters. There are other games coming out.. just consider Halo 3 as one of the top games this coming year.

If all else fails, there might be a demo on the marketplace soon (I hope). Try it to see if you do happen to like it and decide from there.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts
Nope. Not obligated in any way, shape, or form. I'll buy it because I enjoyed the first two and I'm looking forward to seeing the conclusion.
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Yes I do, I mean common I cant let the Chief down after having so many great hours of Flood and Covenant pwning...

And from what I saw from the short video with campaign outtakes...Im going to love it!

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

i already preorder it

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
I played Halo on my pc a couple of years ago. I never played Halo 2, so I'm thinking of getting it for my 360 and then buy Halo3.
SparseSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SparseSolid
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
well if you have live get Halo...you won't find a game of anything else for a long time.
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts
No, I'll get CoD4club-sandwich
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sadikovic

well if you have live get Halo...you won't find a game of anything else for a long time.SparseSolid

UT3 will destroy any FPS live game for months to come trust me it did the same thing to PC's with UT04.

SparseSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SparseSolid
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="SparseSolid"]well if you have live get Halo...you won't find a game of anything else for a long time.sadikovic

UT3 will destroy any FPS live game for months to come trust me it did the same thing to PC's with UT04.

Well first of all HAHAHAHA even if UT is better (which it won't be) Halo will still sell MILLIONS more, Halo will be the most played game and it will easily be the 360's top selling game....anyway UT purposely moved their 360 launch to avoid Halo because they know they would take a big sales hit if they went up against Halo 3.
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sadikovic
[QUOTE="sadikovic"]

[QUOTE="SparseSolid"]well if you have live get Halo...you won't find a game of anything else for a long time.SparseSolid

Well first of all HAHAHAHA even if UT is better (which it won't be) Halo will still sell MILLIONS more, Halo will be the most played game and it will easily be the 360's top selling game....anyway UT purposely moved their 360 launch to avoid Halo because they know they would take a big sales hit if they went up against Halo 3.

MP wise Halocant come closethe amount of maps/mods/weapons/vehicles/gameplay thatUT offers.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
I was a pretty big Halo fan, until I played Gears. That game showed me how much better games can be. I pre ordered Halo 3 anyway though. I dunno, the Beta really seemed to lack the same special thing that Halo 2 had for me. Meh, I'll finish the series, but my favourite series as of now is Gears:)