Do you care about your Achievement Score?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

To put it simply... no.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
use to not anymore sometimes ill go for the challenging achievements if they are just that and not impossible ones like some achievements they throw at you.
Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

I tried to get the gnome in space achievement for ORANGE BOX and gave up after 15 mins.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

...I do and I don't.

Without achievements, I never would have bothered to finish COD4 on Veteran...and beat Mile High Club on Veteran...both bloody hard and if not for the achievements, I would have simply not bothered...so even though I say I don't care...I kind of do.

impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
For the sake of bragging rights over my friends, yes.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
heck yeah, but also no. when playing games, i like to play through the first time for fun. granted, i like to get as many achievements along the way as i can but im not after anything crazy. this way, i get the most out of the experience. i then go back, after i know everything, seen it all, and try for as many achievements as possible. i feel this way i dont lose anything. right now, ive got no new games, so im going back for achievements. they help me get more time out of my games. got two achievements just now
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#57 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

No, and it shows, just look down. I play games to have fun, not to get achievement points.

Sticky-Peas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Sticky-Peas
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I usually play games just for the fun but if I have completed all my games and have nothing else to do I do try to get achievements. Every time I get a new game I also look at the achievements so I can try to get them why still playing the game. I would never buy a game I don't like for achievements but I think that they give games more depths and addmore replay value.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#59 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Yes but I'm not obsesses about the score, nor do I brag about it.

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Not really.

SeSsHoMaRu2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SeSsHoMaRu2k9
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
renting games just for gamerscore is ridiculious but then again its always good to know that your a good enough game to have gotten everything in that game i do care about my gamerscore right now i have 56,140 gamerscore and im still going
xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
no, i dont' care about my gamerscore. i play games for fun, i don't try getting all of the achievements for the game. i only try to get the easy ones that seem easy. if i don't get it then i don't try anymore. i just think that it is a waist of time to do that.
Avatar image for easykill_astari
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 easykill_astari
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

Well, buying games just for gamerscore is ridiculous. But I do care about my score. Dunno why really. I just like to see the number go up. I like knowing I've got the most out of my games also, so going back and replaying them for achievements is something I always do.Hotwire246
Yeah, I only rent a game I think i willlike, I then try to do as much of it (and it's achievements) before I have to bring it back.

If I buy a game, I don't think it's finished until I have over 800 G in it. I stoped playing COD4 and COD 5 around christmas but I restarted because I didin't have all the G's, now I have 1000 in both.

Gamerscore is a bonus, a reason to play your game after finishing the story.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

I only get achievements from the games that I own since they're the ones worth spending the time on to me. I don't go out of my way to get as many as possible or even rent games just for the points so I guess you could say I just like to play the games.

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#65 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
Ya I find it as a competition between friends
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

I like getting achievements. But I've never played a kid game just to boost my socre. You can check my games. There all games I liked or thought I would like. No games like cars, avatar and such.

Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
I used to but after a while I just stopped caring.
Avatar image for easykill_astari
easykill_astari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68 easykill_astari
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

I like getting achievements. But I've never played a kid game just to boost my socre. You can check my games. There all games I liked or thought I would like. No games like cars, avatar and such.

chaoz-king

Same here. No avatar crap :)

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I probably wouldn't rent a game just to get points, but it is fun to open them up. They add another element to the regular gameplay. If it's possible to get some while doing other things in game, I'll ahead and try for one. It's also fun to compare my gamer score with friends. I tend to think of them like high scores from way back when.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Not at all. It's fun to get them, but I don't actively go for achievements. I'd rather just play the game without having to worry about some impossible achievement. My score is not important to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

[QUOTE="munchlax99"]

its fun to get achievements:)

staindcoldlp

Same. I just like hearing that little sound knowing that I unlocked something.

but i hate when i'm trying to get a hard achievements and it makes the sound

but its only a friend online:(

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#72 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
Well achivement makes you want to play more of the game.
Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts
Well, buying games just for gamerscore is ridiculous. But I do care about my score. Dunno why really. I just like to see the number go up. I like knowing I've got the most out of my games also, so going back and replaying them for achievements is something I always do.Hotwire246
Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

I care about gamerscore. A guy with a low gamerscore in a specific game would obviously be less familiar with the game then a guy with 1000/1000 in it. Of course skill is still factored in but i like to stereotype, it makes life easier.

as for people with big gamerscores, i think it makes you look more experienced, and in a nerdy sort of way, look cooler than people with small gamerscores. I would never buy games for them, but at blockbuster during the summer i get the 20 dollars for a month of unlimited rentals and rent every game they have (one per day), and play through them for gamerscore, if i like them i can buy them later.

Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

Yes, only because it's fun to complete as many achievements as you can for your favorite games.

Good achievements from developers make a game that much better imo.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

as for people with big gamerscores, i think it makes you look more experienced, and in a nerdy sort of way, look cooler than people with small gamerscores.

Vashn

I knew it! I knew it was compensation for something!:P

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
kinda not really working on trophies now
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
No, and I have no idea why others do.
scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts

A friend I know rents games he knows he'll hate just to rack up more achievements, which I think is nuts.

Mr__Peanut
I care but I still only play the games I think I'll have fun with.
flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 flavian2
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts
its fun to get achievements and rack up your score but people who base their entire xbox expeirence only on achievements...well i guess thats kind of a waste, your not really having fun are you?
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
Not really the score its self as much as the amount in each game. I feel like i haven't completed a game unless i get like 800 points. I wish they didn't have them altogether, they kill a lot of good games for me. Oh well. :(
skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts

i think they're fun to get. they make you want to go back and play a game that you normally wouldnt want to. but sometimes its frustrating if your playing the games just to get achievements.

Kdt1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Kdt1515
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

Um..... it only took me 1 and half years to get thismuch gamerscore. I Do Care.

Winrey43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Winrey43
Member since 2006 • 226 Posts

To an extent. On my fav. games, I try to get as many points as I can, but for anything thats to hard, or takes away from enjoying the game, I don't bother.

Also, i never play lame games for the points.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
No but I think it's fun to get achievements.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

i get as many acheivements as I feel like getting in a game but I am not a person who will go rent games like Avatar to get it up. I just don't even rent games anymore, went up to $10 at Blockbuster (rip off!)

AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

I know I lose respect for a player when I see 1000 points from games like Avatar and Open Season, hell I checked a few people in this very thread and you guys had them. I bet you guys have not played every great game that has come out on the 360 (or one of the systems you own). Now think that instead of playing that unplayed great game you spent time and energy acquiring some crappy game just to get achievement points. That is just sad.

Personally, I'm a PS3 guy now (I sold my 360) and I do enjoy the fact that games now have trophies and it cause me to replay a game more often then I usually do but I would never play some crappy game for trophies. My cousin even suggested that he would bring the new Hannah Montana game over because it had easy trophies and I said I would kill him if he ever put that disc in my system (because then I would be tarnished forever with that game in my trophy history).

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Vashn

I know I lose respect for a player when I see 1000 points from games like Avatar and Open Season, hell I checked a few people in this very thread and you guys had them. I bet you guys have not played every great game that has come out on the 360 (or one of the systems you own). Now think that instead of playing that unplayed great game you spent time and energy acquiring some crappy game just to get achievement points. That is just sad.

Personally, I'm a PS3 guy now (I sold my 360) and I do enjoy the fact that games now have trophies and it cause me to replay a game more often then I usually do but I would never play some crappy game for trophies. My cousin even suggested that he would bring the new Hannah Montana game over because it had easy trophies and I said I would kill him if he ever put that disc in my system (because then I would be tarnished forever with that game in my trophy history).

AppleBlade

ya..but the question was do you care. and obviously you do because you think that having a game like hannah montana in your game history will make you look bad.

MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I don't care so much about Gamerscore, But I do care about my completion percentage.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#91 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Yep! Just reached 40K and proud of it.

RoxasnumXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RoxasnumXIII
Well I have friends that are bent on just playing games for achievements. He didnt even Play Gears of War 2 online with all of his other friends until he got all of the achievements he could. I dont see how that makes gaming fun, so I dont particularly care.
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
[QUOTE="scorptatious"]

06-08-2009

Oddly enough, I thought gamerscore was currency for the Xbox LIVE marketplace before I went online. Now that I know the truth, I just wonder if there really is a point to these points other than to show off.

I used to think precisely the same thing, now if I don't have access to online I try to get acheivments for fun and it adds replayability to most games.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

Yes I do care about my gamerscore but I don't care about it so much that I would rent every movie tie in game for their easy achievements

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

its fun to get achievements and rack up your score but people who base their entire xbox expeirence only on achievements...well i guess thats kind of a waste, your not really having fun are you?

flavian2

Don't you suppose that if a person's participating in a hobby, then they probably enjoy it? If somebody has fun seeing "Achievement Unlocked," then--stay with me here--that's probably fun for them. Amazingly, not every person in the world enjoys the exact same things as you do.

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

Gamerscore should do something though, even if it just unlocks more shirts or something for your avatar.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Vashn

[QUOTE="flavian2"]

Palantas

Don't you suppose that if a person's participating in a hobby, then they probably enjoy it? If somebody has fun seeing "Achievement Unlocked," then--stay with me here--that's probably fun for them. Amazingly, not every person in the world enjoys the exact same things as you do.

you sir, are on to something. I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

ah-me-bah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ah-me-bah
I like the little "bleedoop!" noise when you unlock an achievement :-) But I don't care too much about my score. I like the ones where you have to kill a bad guy a certain way or complete a level without using your gun or something. Random ones that add a little more to the gameplay rather than "completed level 1 - 25 points". But I do have better things to do these days other than rack up points on a video game(do people still call them video games?....damn I feel old).
Aureliamoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Aureliamoon
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts
Well mine sucks.. but it was a selling point for me to finally break down and get an xbox. I like useless achievement points in any games I can get lol