DId COD4 really crush halo

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mana7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mana7
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

I was planning on picking up either halo or COD4 for my 360 but im not sure which one to pick. My friends keep telling me that the online halo servers are completely deserted and that i should get COD4 but i just want to get the game with the better online experience. Are the halo severs really empty?

rwgober92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 rwgober92
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts
I dont know about the Halo3 servers but CoD4 is insane and I would defnitly recommend it =] over 3-4 million people have the game and 90,000 are online most of the time so servers DEFINITLY arent dead!
linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
in no way shape form or fashion
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
They aren't empty it's just COD 4 fanboys. I'd go with cod4 it's much more popular right now but either game's a great decision. I say buy cod 4 first then when you've got enough money for another game buy halo 3.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
Halo 3 has a longer singleplayer, but if you're in it for quality multiplayer, then COD4's probably the right choice. Halo 3 is very fun and all, but a lot of people shifted to COD4 and for good reason.
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts
get cod4. its a better mp game.
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
yeah get CoD4 plus new maps are on its way.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
COD4 will never crush halo because you have Halo Fanboys who only play Halo, COD4 fanboys who only play cod4, and people like me who play both.There both awsome games so neither one will get crushed
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Please don't give into all the morons hyped up on COD4, it's completely obvious that Halo 3 is a much more quality game... seriously. the entire package of halo 3 is so awesome. with call of duty 4 you just get some bland repetitive multiplayer with a bunch of random (mostly crappy) gametypes. the cod4 fanboys are so blinded....halo 3 is ultimately polished to perfection and is just an overall way more quality package. seriouslyyy.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I dont know about the Halo3 servers but CoD4 is insane and I would defnitly recommend it =] over 3-4 million people have the game and 90,000 are online most of the time so servers DEFINITLY arent dead!rwgober92
the average for halo 3 would prolly be about 300,000 i see 450000 all the time
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Please don't give into all the morons hyped up on COD4, it's completely obvious that Halo 3 is a much more quality game... seriously. the entire package of halo 3 is so awesome. with call of duty 4 you just get some bland repetitive multiplayer with a bunch of random (mostly crappy) gametypes. the cod4 fanboys are so blinded....halo 3 is ultimately polished to perfection and is just an overall way more quality package. seriouslyyy.

destinhpark
agree it has forge save films four player coop multiplayer and campaign but cod 4 is a great game
Avatar image for Mutatedbloodelf
Mutatedbloodelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mutatedbloodelf
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
There is still a lot of people playing Halo 3, I have no trouble finding games and I personally like Halo 3 a lot better.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

dkdk999

agree it has forge save films four player coop multiplayer and campaign but cod 4 is a great game

exactly, cod has it's strengths, but overall there's no beating halo3's amazing package.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
[QUOTE="dkdk999"][QUOTE="destinhpark"]

destinhpark

exactly, cod has it's strengths, but overall there's no beating halo3's amazing package.

It pretty much just comes down to do you like modern fps's or sci-fi shooters. I prefer sci-fi shooters though because there's never any really cool weapons in modern fps's because they're all based on real guns. Kinda gets alittle boring in my opinion as sci-fi games can create any kinda gun they want which is very cool.

OldProf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 OldProf
Member since 2003 • 1513 Posts
Halo 3 is more fun for multiplayer, thats the right choice!
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
I say COD4
Sydwynder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sydwynder
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
Why don't you rent each one and see which you like better instead of taking the advice of the fanboy forums on Gamespot. I have both, I absolutely love each game, they both deserve your time. Whoever said the Halo servers were empty must be trying to play Halo: Combat Evolved online.............
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
i mean it hasn't "crushed" Halo but it's no doubt that COD4 has really been coming on hot lately...and for good reason, to me it's a better gameplay system than Halo is....i will give it up to Halo for having more bells and whistles and offering more extras in terms of multiplayer content....but COD4 gives me such a rush when i play that Halo 3 couldn't...it kind of reminds me of the rush i got back in my Counter-Strike days, i just cant quite put my finger on it
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
COD is a really awesome MP, but by the end of the year new COD game will be release and COD4 will be dead. in another hand Halo 3, well people still play it until bungie release a new game. did u know that Halo 2 was played in xbox live by people over the years non stop. so i recomednded to buy both games, but if u can borrow COD4 from a friend, just borrow it for couple weeks, cause once u reach around lv.50 the game seems boring
mikegoskate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mikegoskate
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

in no way shape form or fashionlinkinSOXecho

Dude WTF are you talking abut?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23

[QUOTE="linkinSOXecho"]in no way shape form or fashionmikegoskate

He probably ment that the halo 3 servers aren't deserted i guess.

blackyoshi93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackyoshi93
Member since 2006 • 350 Posts
Both great games, although I love Halo and once I got COD4 I was amazed and just stopped playing halo for about 2 monthes. Onc I was finished prestige and stuff I started to get bored and now all I play is Halo. Your choice i'd get both but in the long run Halo 3 is the best game around on 360.
bajebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bajebas
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
halo 3 kills cod4 i mean cod4 is gonna get boring when the next call of duty comes out but halo games will never get old
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
get cod4
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

halo 3 kills cod4 i mean cod4 is gonna get boring when the next call of duty comes out but halo games will never get oldbajebas

are you kidding me? lol...halo games got old for me really quick

matt030488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 matt030488
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

halo 3 all day plus new map pack are comeing soon i personally dont care for COD4 multiplayer but the campaign is pretty sweet but its halo3 hands down

Shooterdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shooterdown
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
Halo just was a little old for some. Most xbox owner have be playing Halo 2 for year and 3 comes and bottom line is the same game. COD4 it a nice new none WWII game and it is new to everyone. When it fades Halo will be everyones stand by again. Both are fun and always find matches very easy on both..
1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

NO WAY, Halo 3 servers are always full with like over 80,000 people on everyday.

Cod4 is a sick game and i heard the online experience is THE BEST TO.

SO i guess its a hard choice, i own Halo 3 but i don't own COD 4, but from what I've heard about cod 4 I'd go with cod 4. But Halo 3 is awsome to, just buy both ;)

XNCgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 XNCgamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
They are both great games, but if you are looking for the better multiplayer it would be Call of Duty 4. There are still many people playing Halo 3 though.
Trick1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Trick1616
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
call of duty is way better halo 3 gets boring cause it is always the same thing over and over again cod4 alot more fun. If you choose that my gamer tag is improvedcat i never lose.
1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
[QUOTE="mikegoskate"]

[QUOTE="linkinSOXecho"]in no way shape form or fashioncraigalan23

He probably ment that the halo 3 servers aren't deserted i guess.

Yer thats what i thought also
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
no....just get both games...problem solved
metalmoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metalmoses
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts

Cod4 multiplayer is a lot more approachable for the less expeirenced fps player therefore people love it. Its point and shoot and doesnt have the long competitive following of halo that often turns off new players hitting the ranking system.

If you're looking for a more arcade like experience go for cod4

If you want a competitive experience where you want to test your stuff hit halo.

ltfan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 ltfan15
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
cod 4 right now but pick up halo later. just like halo 2 people played a new game for a while then went back to halo same with cod i know alot of people that are getting mad with cod's 7 maps
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

COD 5 is not being made by the same team that made COD 4, so it might not be anywhere near as good. In fact, a lot of people are speculating that it won't be. If that is the case, then people will stick with COD 4 instead of moving on to a lesser game.

So, pretty much, all you Halo fanboys that are saying "HAYLO IZ 4EVR BUT CODUUTY WILL ONLEE LAZT TILL NEXT YEER" are talking out of your backsides.

Also, I'm personally more of a sci-fi fan myself, but all the little kiddies ruin Halo for me. In my experience, there's a lot less of them on COD than Halo. Any time I've played Halo it's been primarily little brats who's parents are letting the Xbox babysit them instead of raising them and teaching them respect like they should be doing.

vlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vlam
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I definitely like Halo better, but I feel like it's a thing of preference, not which game is actually better. However, the comments about Halo being a better package is pretty clear. The 4 player online co-op is one of the funnest things, especially when you enable skulls to switch up the gameplay. Forge is also revolutionary for console FPS. Films, and a diverse campaign...Yea, the package is more filling, but it still all comes down to taste.

When COD4 came out, I got it and stopped playin' Halo for about a month. However, COD4 got old to me, because I don't like FPSs where it takes one to two bullets to kill someone or die. It takes the diversity out of how an encounter can go down, and how many decisions I have to make when I'm aware of an opponent. For the most part, I felt that COD4 was about placing yourself in a good place before you even know where the opponent is, so that you see him first. That and team communication, though team communication is a plus in both games. I see Halo rounding out between coordinated team strategies and micro-encounters. I like my battles more personal.

If you've played Starcraft and Warcraft 3, you can kind of make the same comparison....Kind of. Warcraft 3 had more focus on micro management of units, whereas Starcraft focused more on managing armies. Battles contained less units and took longer with WC, but you had to pay attention to every aspect of unit placement and actions. SC battles were larger and quicker, and outcomes were based more on building the base and amassing the right units. So this mediocre analogy is just trying to say, though these games may share the same genre, they focus on different aspects. Both great games. Fanboys are idiots. Anyone can come up with an argument for why their favorite game or console is better, but such arguments are meaningless when applied to such subjective topics. Just state what you like and don't like, cuz that's what it all comes down to. If we were talking about physics or mathematics, we could arrive at a conclusion with a correct answer, however, we're talking about Videogames.

lenny_ohpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 lenny_ohpop
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

The first time i played halo 3 i loved it but i hated the online. its impossible to play online because of the laggy servers. whenever you did get into a good server you'd just discover how repetitive and unrealistic it really is unless u've played halo 3 before and like it then i would not reccomend it

Call of duty on the other hand has some of the best missions i have ever played. the objectives are better and the is more variety, such as "all gillied up" i loved those missions the only variety in the single player in halo was at the end where u had to race out of the place in the jeep thing.... other wise it was a big room of monsters which u had to kill

also call of duty has been awarded a hell of alot more awards for online then halo what more is there to say and no its not repeitive its always fun and u can still get kills on laggy servers

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

So, pretty much, all you Halo fanboys that are saying "HAYLO IZ 4EVR BUT CODUUTY WILL ONLEE LAZT TILL NEXT YEER" are talking out of your backsides.

...but all the little kiddies ruin Halo for me. In my experience, there's a lot less of them on COD than Halo.

decepticondevil

first off, no one has mentioned "HAYLO IZ 4EVR BUT CODUUTY WILL ONLEE LAZT TILL NEXT YEER" in this thread. so stop hating, this has been the most mature halo vs COD thread Ive seen so far.

2nd: halo3's community is getting better and more mature and COD's is getting worse by the minute. all the "little kiddies" you speak of moved to COD in the last few weeks. have you tried halo3 online recently? if you do, turn on your mic and youll see what Im talking about. compare it to COD's community.

I do enjoy both games multiplayer btw. when I get tierd of COD, I switch to halo and vice versa. I find halos multiplayer more fun to play with friends tho. and like anoter one said, the overall package is better imo.

Drizzt46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Drizzt46
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Halo 3 was very over-anticipated for a game that had some tweaks from the previous two, but overall disappointing. That being said, Halo was a fun game for what it was, it just never lived up to the hype. I think that Call of Duty 4 brings a much more realistic game to the table, and overall more enjoyable. I played all the way through both of the games and I can honestly say that I would rather play through Call of Duty 4 again rather than Halo 3, as it was just more fun to play. Basically, both are good games, but I think that Call of Duty 4 was much better than Halo 3, and would be worth buying over Halo.

But really. Gears of War was better than the both of them. :P

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
ya there's always atleast 300,000 ppl playing halo, it's far from deserted.
ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
Both are fine choices but I would go with Halo 3. In all honesty CoD4 MP isn't really that great. Halo 3 seems to require more skill which makes it much more enjoyable IMO.
krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts

well cod4 is a great game with an amazing multiplayer...but i would say go for halo3. And Yeah i know the halo community is filled with a lot of A-holes,but then,thats not the games fault,is it??

With Halo 3 you get a better single player,an equally good if not better multiplayer...Another one of my suggestions would be,try and play the social matches,those are a lot more fun than ranked matches...U get bigger parties and the people arent as freakishly competitive and obnoxious as the ones on ranked matches.

p.s==> to all fanboys,BOTH GAMES ARE REALLY REALLY GREAT....halo3 is just my personal choice!

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 krish117

COD is a really awesome MP, but by the end of the year new COD game will be release and COD4 will be dead. in another hand Halo 3, well people still play it until bungie release a new game. did u know that Halo 2 was played in xbox live by people over the years non stop. so i recomednded to buy both games, but if u can borrow COD4 from a friend, just borrow it for couple weeks, cause once u reach around lv.50 the game seems boringroan23

i agree with this guy...cod4 will be obsolete in another year (tops)..and halo3 will be goin on till halo 4 comes (that is...if it does)

metalliod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 metalliod
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts
Definately everyone knows COD4 hit the marks on HALO and won the great game award surely u should play it u'll like it and its plot also.
devil_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 devil_1994
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

well halo3 is a pretty good game but when it comes to cod 4

cod 4 beats it for sure

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
yeah ever since cod4 came out i've only played halo twice.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
Yeah it crushed it, and it didn't take much effort Halo 3 came out like 2 months before or something and once COD4 came out it took like 4 weeks and then Halo 3 was deserted.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
Although, When Gears 2 comes out COD4 is going to be deserted.
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
No, no way is Halo servers deserted, less than before but still very active
krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 krish117

Yeah it crushed it, and it didn't take much effort Halo 3 came out like 2 months before or something and once COD4 came out it took like 4 weeks and then Halo 3 was deserted.julianwelton

hehe...i find that soo funny,cuz the last two days i've seen 300,000+ ppl online on halo3, and like 80,000+ppl on cod4...now i know that might not be the case all the time..but then neither is the halo server being empty all the time accurate.