Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Great to hear Xbox finally getting this critically acclaimed RPG. Released over 2 years ago on PC and other platforms, this is one of the darkest and well regarded Roguelike RPG games I have heard about. Combat is turn-based, and the game is known for its brutal difficulty. I always wondered if this game would eventually make it to Xbox, and it's great to hear that it is.

Details below

Synopsis from Official Site:

Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic RPG about the stresses of dungeon crawling. You will lead a band of heroes on a perilous side-scrolling descent, dealing with a prodigious number of threats to their bodily health, and worse, a relentless assault on their mental fortitude! Five hundred feet below the earth you will not only fight unimaginable foes, but famine, disease, and the stress of the ever-encroaching dark. Darkest Dungeon focuses on the humanity and psychological vulnerability of the heroes and asks: What emotional toll does a life of adventure take?

Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You’ll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.

Darkest Dungeon is not a game where every hero wins the day with shiny armor and a smile. It is a game about hard trade-offs, nearly certain demise, and heroic acts.

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-xbox-one-release-details/

“Patience and tenacity are worth more than twice their weight of cleverness.”

– Thomas Huxley

Darkest Dungeon pre-orders open on XBOX ONE on February 21st, and releases on the 28th!

Today, we would like to share some additional details for this upcoming release:

To celebrate Darkest Dungeon arriving on XBOX ONE, Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition will be priced at $24.99 USD for a limited time. Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition contains the Darkest Dungeon base game and The Crimson Court DLC. You will be able to pre-order it starting February 21st and this limited time offer will last for 60 days after our release on February 28th.

When porting to XBOX ONE we had a choice to make between new exclusive content for XBOX ONE owners only or to bundle Crimson Court DLC free for a limited time. We decided the latter was the best way to celebrate the launch, and ensure that none of our existing players were locked out of any possible new content.

The Shieldbreaker will also be available for $3.99 USD, starting at launch.

Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition and The Shieldbreaker DLC will be the only Red Hook products on XBOX LIVE for the first 60 days. Since the Crimson Edition will be offered for the normal cost of the base game, there won’t be seperate store items for them until after the 60 day promotion period has ended.

On April 29th, Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition will be removed from the XBOX LIVE marketplace, and in its place Darkest Dungeon, The Crimson Court, and Darkest Dungeon®: Ancestral Edition will be made available for purchase. Darkest Dungeon®: Ancestral Edition will be $34.99 USD and will contain Darkest Dungeon, The Crimson Court DLC, and The Shieldbreaker DLC, similar to other platforms.

Timeline recap!

Feb 21st:

• Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition appears on XBOX LIVE for pre-order for $24.99

Feb 28th:

• Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition is playable! This edition will continue to be available for 60 days for the $24.99 price and will give access to the base game and The Crimson Court DLC
  • The Shieldbreaker DLC is available for purchase for $3.99

April 29th:

• Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition is removed from the store.
  • Darkest Dungeon base game appears on XBOX LIVE for purchase for $24.99
  • The Crimson Court DLC appears on XBOX LIVE for purchase $9.99
  • Darkest Dungeon®: Ancestral Edition appears on XBOX LIVE for purchase $34.99, and includes the base game and both DLCs.

FAQ

Can I import my PC/Switch/PS4/iOS/VITA save?

Unfortunately, that won’t be possible.

Do I have to play with The Crimson Court when I purchase Darkest Dungeon®: Crimson Edition?

No! In fact, we recommend that your first game is played without enabling the Crimson Court DLC. However, it’s up to you when you’d like to enable it. You can even enable parts of the DLC (e.g. the Districts town upgrading feature) without enabling the entire package. Get 50 game weeks in and want to start checking out the DLC? Feel free to enable it on the fly and it will integrate into your existing save file.

Will the XBOX ONE version support mods?

This version will not support modding.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Thanks for the info, i will have to look up some gameplay videos for it before I commit.