COD4 = Horrible community!!!

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marine152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Marine152
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts

Im getting real sick of the new community that cod4 has brought to its series. Not only is like50%(or more) of the community new to the cod series but they are A**holes who think the "OWN" as they say. From racism to little kids to jerks with large egos this game is building up a horrible community. These are the ppl that run and gun with P90s and double tap and when they kill you they brag about it in the lobby. These are the ppl that dont know chinatown is a remake of caritan from cod2 because they never played any other CODs. These are the ppl that talk crap in the lobby about how much they are going to own you and win the match.

COD4 has become nothing but running and gunnng for the most part and I thank the community for that.

dandyman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 dandyman94
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts
basicly your tryin to say you play with a bunch of chavs lol
Marine152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Marine152
Yea man, I love the game and all but the people screw it up. It just pisses me off.
mcgee1516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mcgee1516
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

Im getting real sick of the new community that cod4 has brought to its series. Not only is like50%(or more) of the community new to the cod series but they are A**holes who think the "OWN" as they say. From racism to little kids to jerks with large egos this game is building up a horrible community. These are the ppl that run and gun with P90s and double tap and when they kill you they brag about it in the lobby. These are the ppl that dont know chinatown is a remake of caritan from cod2 because they never played any other CODs. These are the ppl that talk crap in the lobby about how much they are going to own you and win the match.

COD4 has become nothing but running and gunnng for the most part and I thank the community for that.

Marine152

agreed.

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts
Side effects of Success of COD4.
vlado116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vlado116
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
Thats the way it is.
gamerfreak13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 gamerfreak13
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts

Not to try to ruin your argument or anything (I completely agree with you), but I played COD2 and didn't know Chinatown was a remake lol. Unfortunately every games has its share of "bad eggs."

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
I know, the community is horrid, but its still not as bad as halo 3's millions of 5 year olds. I swear, i've never played a match in halo 3 without some 5 year old whining in my ear. And besides, if you really hate them so much, the 360 has an option to mute the players. But at least (so far) the community seems to be better on the matchmaking for the new maps, but it's probably just because less people have them. But hey, every online community has people like this. The more popular games just seem to have more.
summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
i dont really notice these things as i dont use a headset. but when we're in the lobby i can hear the people talk from my tv speakers but even then i just mute the tv until the game starts.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Welcome to a popular game on Xbox Live
-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
has CoD gone bad? i always heard the community was alot better than Halo's but by the sound of it now, its gotten worse.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Dude if you think CoD4 is a bad community, stay far far away from Halo.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

has CoD gone bad? i always heard the community was alot better than Halo's but by the sound of it now, its gotten worse.-Phaz-

The demons left Halo and moved on to CoD4.

TooQuickStix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TooQuickStix
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
I think this is relative to every game. But personally I think COD4 is one of the best actually. As was said, go play Halo, its a million times worse. I find Gear of War to be the best in this respect, but even then, its not like it doesnt happen, these people are out there, and come one, swear words and racism are hilarious!
mistahripstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mistahripstah
Member since 2008 • 116 Posts
Amen...

Man some of the people that i used to play with... Man they were so humble, i dont talk highly of myself ever, but before i let my friend trash talk on my account (as he is well quite histaricle) I had almost a 100 percent recommended player...

Man i hate it now, everyone is racist, jerk offs...and think they are jesus christ with a lil shot of Buddha.

I miss it all man... We need to start a clan for the humble ones remaining...and there wont be many "True" ones of us ill tell you that

everyone have a swell day.

Mistah Ripstah
Avatar image for theonlyGAMESTER
theonlyGAMESTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 theonlyGAMESTER
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts
I would have to agree. I miss the good old days of rainbow six three on the xbox. That was the time wereimmatureplayers were very rare, and competitiveness was high. Then Halo 2 came out, which created all of this immature nonsense. Now the market is flooded with immature people on the 360, which puts a bad taste in my mouth. Mostly because Microsoft has always put it's focus on older, more mature gamers, with a slight focus on the the family market.
johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnr2806
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts
a large amount of players on cod4 are just horrible, annoying idiots. at least you can easily mute people now which is awesome. i end muted a couple of every game it seems like. so many people ride the mic aswell with music or just plain stupid noises.
dsgrce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dsgrce
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
Go cry somewhere else, nothing is perfect, expecially when other people are involved. Its time you start getting used to playing others online because these kind of people are in EVERY game.
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
Get some friends?
johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnr2806
they should playlists for people over 21 or summin
mistahripstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mistahripstah
Cry? You must be a "pro" at halo huh? Well hes just venting, and well isnt the fith ammendment grand?

If he wants to vent, let him do so
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Cry? You must be a "pro" at halo huh? Well hes just venting, and well isnt the fith ammendment grand?

If he wants to vent, let him do so
mistahripstah

What does him being a pro at Halo have to do with the CoD4 community?

justnher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 justnher
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

last time i checked a game that has a sprint button + weapons that allow you to gun down your enemy = a run and gun game.

Welcome to the real world where you dont always get your way.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
What do you expect from a gaming community? We're not looking at a fancy Country Club, or a business environment where you'd expect mature people. You have gamers as young as 9 years old to 50, from my personal experience. Whether they're kids or adults, boys will be boys. I suggest you find some gamer chicks.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Welcome to the community of every other online game, or at least all the ones I've played. Every game has idiots playing them. You can mute people, or just turn your mic off. You make it sound like you can't avoid these people. Turn your mic off and you'll be fine because you can't hear what they're saying.
mistahripstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mistahripstah
He was being exactly what the owner of the thread said he hates

and most halo players rule under this subject.
king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

Xbox Live = Horrible Community

all the Halo People have came over to CoD4 so don't whine about it as long as you play on Live.

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 jjbiggs
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
Totally agree with you. The racism is out of control. I can't believe how many people on LIVE talk racist trash. The thing that gets me is that you know these people would never talk like that outside of a game. I am white, while I have heard bigotry towards white people...it is no where near the amount of racism I hear towards other ethnic groups or religions or sexual preference. Whatever. I don't even use my headset anymore. I just plug it into the controller and turn the volume down so I can play in piece.
HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
There is a very simple solution to this. It's called the friend list. Use it!
AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlienSoldier
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
Most people are normal, saying 50% are horrible is blowing it way out of porportion. I rarely have any trouble on COD4 and take no notice of trash talkers, the mute function is there for a reason.
Marine152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Marine152

I understand what your saying but i have one question for you, do you use a P90?

Muramasa_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Muramasa_Edge
Member since 2004 • 287 Posts

I've never had a problem with players on COD4, except for one player who was griefing down the mic for the duration of the game. I did however have loads of problems with kids on Halo 3, and as a result many blocks happened.

There's far worse communities out there, such as EVE Online, or Counterstrike being the two immediately springing to mind.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

people who hide behind the guy name "anonymous" = bad there for the most of the xbox live community is bad unless you play with people you know, witch in that case they have no anonymous in front of them because you know them and prolly know where they live so you can kick there *** if they get jumpy with you.

johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 johnr2806
what does using a P90 have to do with anything? i couldnt care less what tactics people used in the game. (whining about campers for example is just silly) i just dont appreciate morons that ruin the experience by hijacking the mic and talking BS. i've started playingh alot more private matches coz of this, and also the realisation that the whole prestige thing is just mind numbingly repetitive.
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

Yea man, I love the game and all but the people screw it up. It just pisses me off.Marine152

Let me translate WHAAAAAAAAAAWHAAAA!! Its a online game there all like this. I think the community is alot better than gears. Whats with all the crying lately?

johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 johnr2806
just because it's a gaming community doesn't mean u have to accept that people want to ruin your experience.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
I like how you're blaming the game itself for your dislike of the people who play it. That is funny.
MattRushmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MattRushmore
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Marine152

You're right, since I never played Chinatown in COD2 I have no right to play COD4. Please forgive me. It will not happen again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

Marine152

Ive noticed the same sometimes as well

NicoThaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NicoThaG
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I know, the community is horrid, but its still not as bad as halo 3's millions of 5 year olds. I swear, i've never played a match in halo 3 without some 5 year old whining in my ear. And besides, if you really hate them so much, the 360 has an option to mute the players. But at least (so far) the community seems to be better on the matchmaking for the new maps, but it's probably just because less people have them. But hey, every online community has people like this. The more popular games just seem to have more.KittensWithBeer
I agree halo 3 has to many kids on it and i kinda wish xboxlive had more options on their '' File complaint '' like a kid who is playing a game their not old enough to play, also in gears of war because they annoy me alot when they laugh and make stupid voices/noises, i remember before i got my xbox360 i played saints row online and some annoying kid showed up making these noises and following me and repeating my(my bro's) gamertag name in the whole session.
MattRushmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MattRushmore
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Marine152

I hear ya brother. I get sick of playing against people who hate me because I use the P90 with doubletap and like to converse with my buddies in the lobby about how I killed them instead of camping like I should be doing. Also, every other time I have been thrown into a large pool of people from all over the world, everyone has been so nice with no profanity or anything. In fact, it seems like every other online community is only filled with love and praise. I say we ban COD4 for doing this to us.

Just kidding man. You gotta lighten up or get only family friendly games.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
there is always going to be someone stirring the pot no matter what game you play
gunitman12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gunitman12345
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
So basically this guy is mad because he got owned in call of duty...... HAHAHAHAHAHA BTW I own at that game
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
Thats what happens when you bring an amazing game such as COD away from the computer and add Xbox live to the mix.
l337_hax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 l337_hax
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
If run and gun is what people want to do then let them do it, its not against the rules. And seriously who cares about trash talking, everyone does it, and i think its pretty funny.

Marine152
blarghe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blarghe
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts

i find morons in all games you just have to get used to it. mute is my best friend.

as far as run and gun and using the p90. as long as people are not cheating and glitching that is fully within the rules of the game. you have to learn to defend against it or die, that is your problem.

seeddrmmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 seeddrmmr
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts

...... HAHAHAHAHAHA BTW I own at that game

I ROFL'D. gunitman wins the thread. HAHAHAHA

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="Marine152"]

MattRushmore

I hear ya brother. I get sick of playing against people who hate me because I use the P90 with doubletap and like to converse with my buddies in the lobby about how I killed them instead of camping like I should be doing. Also, every other time I have been thrown into a large pool of people from all over the world, everyone has been so nice with no profanity or anything. In fact, it seems like every other online community is only filled with love and praise. I say we ban COD4 for doing this to us.

Just kidding man. You gotta lighten up or get only family friendly games.

LOl Im a run and gunner sometimes also. WHo wants to camp the whole game? I cant stand it when my teams losing we need kills and the dudes is the corner sucking his thumb.