COD 4 graphics... is this a joke?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

My god, some of you people are so freakin' rude. Calling him a noob or an idiot for his opinion. Grow up and learn how to interact with people.:idea:

TC, I do think CoD4 looks very good, but I don't think it's the graphical masterpiece that people make it out to be. It moves fast and smooth, with nice effects and atmosphere which give it an overall great look, but there's a fair amount of low res textures, too. Still, it looks very nice, but I wouldn't call it the best looking game ever. And yes, I'm using an HDTV.;)

nyc05
DO you know what i think your the nicest guy on gamespot. You respect people's opinion's and respect others, your very kind and stuff. I guess gamespot is glad to have a member like urself ;) keep up the good work mate.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
They were pretty cool. Some of the times they look very muddy and bland. It's an amazing game btw.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
The person who posted up this forum should have know that people will come on here and say stuff that might offend you.
SonicTheMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SonicTheMonkey
Member since 2004 • 2709 Posts

Honestly all the hype behind its grafx... it looks good, it does look pretty good yes. but I guess I was expecting something better than gears of war.... idunt know, i guess i got the lems confused with the hermits because the graphics have not blown me away.

good game though

FreewayScruff

what's the point of this topic? seriously. you have unreasonably high standards, we get that, however you dont need to indirectly insult people who liked the graphics. just close this topic before you embarass yourself any further.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#56 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

hold up kid. this game was never about the graphics. maybe one day ti will be, but not cod4. and it still is GOTY IMO

Honestly all the hype behind its grafx... it looks good, it does look pretty good yes. but I guess I was expecting something better than gears of war.... idunt know, i guess i got the lems confused with the hermits because the graphics have not blown me away.

good game though

FreewayScruff
evilcupcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 evilcupcake
Member since 2008 • 161 Posts
the game looks like i was made on the same engine as the others i think the graphics are good but not amazing
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#58 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

you say Gears of War has better graphics, and maybe it does from an artistic point of view,

but really, can you honestly say that Gears of War looks more realistic than COD4?

Sniper_Wolf25

Ok, we're getting in over our heads and opening a big can of worms here. You absolutely cannot compare COD4 with Gears of War, and BioShock. All are great games in their own right, and you know damn well why. BioShock stands out because of the Atmosphere and artistic design. And Gears of War as well. COD4 is based on "World War game look." You CANNOT compare the graphics! Of course COD4 is going to look more realistic (like real life), because that's what COD4 was aiming for. I dont think they can come off making COD4 look like a polished cartoony looking War game. It all comes down to artistic design. And you have to judge how crisp the game looks in its artistry.

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
I like COD 4 a lot, graphics gameplay. The graphics are much better than GoW, more detailed more realistic, more objects/people on screen. I think Halo graphics are pretty amazing as well, but i don't play it much because I'm addicted to cod4.
axel2374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 axel2374
Member since 2003 • 1021 Posts
First of all u cant get 1080p with component cables, dumbassfenderhedd
LOL, you make your first post this? First of all yes you can, where is the second part? No wonder you don't post anything.
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
is this thread a joke? people like you seem impossible to please. you'll never be happy until Al-Asad and Zakahev kick through your bedroom door, toss you on your Race Car bed and physically put a gun to your head and even then you'll still say that the graphics look fake.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

Call of Duty 4 has decent graphics. I'd say a 7/10. The game overall doesn't look much better than Call of Duty 2 and it loses a few points for not being high-definition. I would have rather taken the FPS hit so I wouldn't have to look at the blurry graphics. The "photo-realistic" comment on the back of the box makes me roll my eyes. This is far from the best looking game on the 360.

peeweeshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#63 peeweeshift
Member since 2004 • 3909 Posts
cod4 like the other cods didnt live up to hype graphics-wise. the game settings look pretty good, but most of them lack detail at all. the textures are really muddy. the game has good gun models, character models and some good smoke. other than that it isn't that amazing. the lighting is pretty standard for next-gen, the explosions are a joke and their physics engine is practically non existent. You have a lot of predetermined death animations for certain hitboxes and thats it. I'm not saying the graphics suck but i'm saying that they were overhyped and dont match bioshock, gears or even halo 3.