COD 4 graphics... is this a joke?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FreewayScruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FreewayScruff
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Honestly all the hype behind its grafx... it looks good, it does look pretty good yes. but I guess I was expecting something better than gears of war.... idunt know, i guess i got the lems confused with the hermits because the graphics have not blown me away.

good game though

FreewayScruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreewayScruff
why do you have to get defensive, ive already said that it looks good, just dint live up to the hype
FreewayScruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreewayScruff
i got it running on hd component cables, 1080p, and if you actually think that the game looks real then i dont know what to tell you, theres no way any console game will ever fool me into thinking im looking at real people
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

My god, some of you people are so freakin' rude. Calling him a noob or an idiot for his opinion. Grow up and learn how to interact with people.:idea:

TC, I do think CoD4 looks very good, but I don't think it's the graphical masterpiece that people make it out to be. It moves fast and smooth, with nice effects and atmosphere which give it an overall great look, but there's a fair amount of low res textures, too. Still, it looks very nice, but I wouldn't call it the best looking game ever. And yes, I'm using an HDTV.;)

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
i though bioshock looked better but i liked CoD4. The atmosphere taht was created in bioshock sold it for me.
Sniper_Wolf25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Sniper_Wolf25
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

you say Gears of War has better graphics, and maybe it does from an artistic point of view,

but really, can you honestly say that Gears of War looks more realistic than COD4?

FreewayScruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreewayScruff

you say Gears of War has better graphics, and maybe it does from an artistic point of view,

but really, can you honestly say that Gears of War looks more realistic than COD4?

Sniper_Wolf25

well no because i think of the locusts when you put it like that

[QUOTE=]i though bioshock looked better but i liked CoD4. The atmosphere taht was created in bioshock sold it for me.

now that is an excellent comparison and bioshock does look better

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts

Sniper_Wolf25

agreed, COD has like photo realistic graphics which GOW doesnt you could say the same bout halo its sci fi not a real earth shooter

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

My god, some of you people are so freakin' rude. Calling him a noob or an idiot for his opinion. Grow up and learn how to interact with people.:idea:

TC, I do think CoD4 looks very good, but I don't think it's the graphical masterpiece that people make it out to be. It moves fast and smooth, with nice effects and atmosphere which give it an overall great look, but there's a fair amount of low res textures, too. Still, it looks very nice, but I wouldn't call it the best looking game ever. And yes, I'm using an HDTV.;)

nyc05

Quoted for truth, mother****ers.

I completely agree with both of you. Why do people have to be so defensive about their stupid games?

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts
[QUOTE="nyc05"]

destinhpark

I completely agree with both of you. Why do people have to be so defensive about their stupid games?

That's what you get when you're on a forum with a bunch of kids...

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
it looks pretty amazing and i don't even play on an HD tv. i wouldn't really call it the best though.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

why do you have to get defensive, ive already said that it looks good, just dint live up to the hypeFreewayScruff

Another Donnie Darko fan! Great movie. In regard to your thread, it is simply a matter of opinion. Personally I thought the graphics were better than those of GeOW. I get tired of the drab brown/gray color scheme of current games. THis is one reason why I liked the graphics of Halo 3 and Uncharted better than GeOW's as well. Just my opinion.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

i think it looks good. but some people just think textures = graphics. there are a lot of things that can make graphics more immersive..

character movement, lighting, particle effects, etc..

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
The game sold me not because of its graphics, but how very well it simulates real life. I'm in the military, and I was astonished at how accurate the game was in terms of getting its military information down. From the weapons, tactical formations, use of radio transmissions, and even just the way people reacted made me feel closer to doing the real thing...without, you know, actually GETTING shot.
Igor19877891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Igor19877891
Member since 2003 • 1316 Posts

If you want that affect try playing Crysis on Very High. lol you woudn't be able to take your eyes off of it.

Back to CoD 4, I agree with you, they could have done a bit better on the graphics :/ the game is still good though. Too bad the game only lasted 30 days for me, got very boring after that.

Honestly all the hype behind its grafx... it looks good, it does look pretty good yes. but I guess I was expecting something better than gears of war.... idunt know, i guess i got the lems confused with the hermits because the graphics have not blown me away.

good game though

FreewayScruff
Igor19877891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Igor19877891
Member since 2003 • 1316 Posts

You do relize that CoD 4 has balck and white type of look to it right? I agree on Halo 3 and Uncharted though.

[QUOTE="FreewayScruff"]why do you have to get defensive, ive already said that it looks good, just dint live up to the hypeEddie5vs1

Another Donnie Darko fan! Great movie. In regard to your thread, it is simply a matter of opinion. Personally I thought the graphics were better than those of GeOW. I get tired of the drab brown/gray color scheme of current games. THis is one reason why I liked the graphics of Halo 3 and Uncharted better than GeOW's as well. Just my opinion.

dojodawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dojodawg
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
I don' think Cod 4's graphics live up to the hype. But Bioshocks grafx are more overatted.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I don't like the graphics much either tbh... I hate the low-res textures, but it looks pretty good overall, with the nice atmosphere. The atmosphere was the only part I really liked.
kall5ter08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kall5ter08
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
i think its all great but when you go online the (bricks)walls look fake
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
personally i think gears looked better, the detail on the characters is amazing, same with the lighting, cod4 is obviously more realistic, but gears wasnt going for realism anyways, & i think there is quite a noticeable dropoff in the cod4 MP compared to its campaigns graphics
Mr-Snowman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr-Snowman93
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"][QUOTE="nyc05"]

MindFreeze

That's what you get when you're on a forum with a bunch of kids...

Exactly!
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
I thought it was amazing, but then again I play with my eyes open which you should try.axel2374
i agree with this guy. its one of the best graphic games iv played lately..its doesnt have any framerate or drops at all. i think gears of war was just tooo messy with its graphics. cod 4 had it perfect...i thought the graphics lived up to the hype on on all guilled up
semperfi122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 semperfi122
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
Yeah when I first got my hands on COD4 (beta) I thought WTF!, the character models are good but the enviroments just look weird but as you play more you start to like the graphics, it's just a different approach at gfx I guess
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
I'll go for cod smoothness b4 graphics anyway, but I do agree, it doesn't look THAT good, just smooth and clean, the chars feel a little plastic. personally, I want every game to run smooth like this, and make the graphics come second.
Marine152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marine152
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts
Well if you relaize that it runs constally at 60FPS and doesnt have to load in textures like Gears of Wars has to all the time and the fact that it can go up to 18 players ONLINE WITH CHOPPERS OVER YOUR DAM HEAD what the hell do you want man. GOW had 8 players max and cod4 goes to 18 with chopers and airstikes and still manages to look better than gears in many ways. Either your in denial or your just to hard to please!
fatty5xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fatty5xl
Member since 2003 • 217 Posts

you lie your runnin it at 480p so shut up and get a 42 in hdtv like i do an run it at 1080.. geesh such losers

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
bioshock does look better, but i think that gears has the best graphics of any 360 game. if mass effect didnt lag so much and have to load so much it would, but tbh i dont think the 360 can run games with graphics that amazing without lag, which is why we won't see Crysis. and i play on an hd 720p.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i think the graphics are awesome....to each his own i guess
MAJORLAGGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MAJORLAGGY
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts
i think that there VERY good for a call of duty 4 game. and if you dont like it thats not my problem;)
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts
I never thought GeOW looked that good. CoD4 is probably one of the best lookign games on any system, except maybe DS.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
Some parts look really good other parts... not so much.
tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 tomoward41
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Gamplay comes first, then Graphics, Noobs like you complain about graphics.
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts
i thought they were ok but thats just my oppinion
360wiiPS3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 360wiiPS3gamer
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
Are you joking? COD 4's graphx are great.
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
I respect your opinion, but highly disagree, CoD's graphics are something to behold.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

nyc05
yea
mute9dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mute9dude
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

i got it running on hd component cables, 1080p, and if you actually think that the game looks real then i dont know what to tell you, theres no way any console game will ever fool me into thinking im looking at real peopleFreewayScruff

you cant do 1080p with component cables only 1080i (doesnt really make a difference just pointing that out)

i personally thought the graphics were amazing on cod4 especially in the level with the ghillie suit

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Call of duty 4, doesn't have the greatest graphics out there. Its missing a good physics engine for starters. Thats how it runs so good though. Ever play cod2? It didn't look that great, but add in some lighting that doesn't effect framerate much, and you have a good mix.
SorasGhost009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SorasGhost009
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
yeah gears owns it graphics wise
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
It's not a bad looking game, but it's nothing special. BioShock, Gears of War, even GRAW 2 are better graphic wise, in my opinion.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

It's not a bad looking game, but it's nothing special. BioShock, Gears of War, even GRAW 2 are better graphic wise, in my opinion.goallie

Ick, GRAW2? You really think so? Hm, I saw it at my neighbors house, singleplayer, and I thought it looked horrible. Granted it was just a flat city level, but still. COD4 looks great, All Ghillied Up looked real IMO, multiplayer there is a dip in graphics, but it still looks great. I still thinkGears looks a bit better.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

nyc05

I'll agree with this... the game looks good and runs really quickly. It's not Crysis by any means, but it still looks sharp. And I'm playing on a 1080p HDTV if that was an argument before... I see some people's comments got erased.

axel2374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 axel2374
Member since 2003 • 1021 Posts

[QUOTE="FreewayScruff"]i got it running on hd component cables, 1080p, and if you actually think that the game looks real then i dont know what to tell you, theres no way any console game will ever fool me into thinking im looking at real peoplemute9dude

you cant do 1080p with component cables only 1080i (doesnt really make a difference just pointing that out)

i personally thought the graphics were amazing on cod4 especially in the level with the ghillie suit

Yes you can. I play 1080p everyday through component on Samsung 56 inch. Which is why I can say for sure that the graphics are amazing. But it is not only that, the sound and atmosphere combine to make it an unparalleled experience. There is a reason for such varied comparisons, some of us game HDTV and a lot don't.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
graphics dosent make a game better