Assassins Creed is absolute garbage (possible spoilers)

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 justin121390
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
I have the game and i thought the first hour of it was pretty good, not great, but then i got to the second city, and i thought, didnt i just play in this city. The game is way too repetitive and its way too easy. The story gets dull after an hour or two, and the parts when you are in the present time are pointless, cut scenes would be much better. Anyone feel the same as me.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
Nope... I don't, I liked the story alot and I can't wait for the second one. It was an amazing game.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
did you buy it....
BiAPiston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BiAPiston
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The cities have very different aspects to them. As you progress throught the story more parts of the city open up and the become quite different. Also if you find the game too easy try going for a stealth kill. The guards get harder to fight as time goes on as well.

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts
no its not repetitive and no its not easy, u only went to one city, go assassinate all 9 then tell me if its easy or repetitive
Nbajam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Nbajam23
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

Assassin's Creed may get repetitive, but only gameplay-wise. it is just a little, the assassination is something you can't get enough of, if you know how to have fun while doing it. Assassin's Creed is a great game.

justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 justin121390
i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.
earnhardtfan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 earnhardtfan77
Member since 2007 • 1808 Posts
it is a awsome game everytime i get into a new city i look at the outline of it and the graphics are just amazing, very well done game i cant wait for the second either
justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 justin121390

Assassin's Creed may get repetitive, but only gameplay-wise. it is just a little, the assassination is something you can't get enough of, if you know how to have fun while doing it. Assassin's Creed is a great game.

Nbajam23
what do you mean its repetitive, but only game play wise? please explain.
DarkLink420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkLink420
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts
i love that game...just killing people and looking for flags is fun to me.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

Sex is repetitive, did u give up on that too?

justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 justin121390
you need to play some other games if finding flags and killing people with swords is entertaining to you.
BiAPiston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BiAPiston

I honestly think that your too stupid to kill the target in a stelth maner and then creep away.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
The bulk of the game is repetative and a bit short. Go to a high point, scope out the city, then interrogate or pickpocket or eavesdrop. And save some civilians along the way. But the actual assassinations, the free climbing and running, the fighting and the look of the game makes up for a lot of that IMO. Plus I've never seen horse riding done so well in a game as it's done here. When I got to the end though, I though "What a f***ing tease! Ok, how long do we have to wait for a sequel?" Is this going to become some sort of Indiana Jones adventure looking for the lost Ark of the Covenant?
DarkLink420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkLink420
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts

you need to play some other games if finding flags and killing people with swords is entertaining to you.justin121390

no i dont. Ive played a ton of games. I just really like assassins creed :|

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

jchaff

i gave that up with one girl....she just wasn't clean enough down thar lol

DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

[QUOTE="justin121390"]you need to play some other games if finding flags and killing people with swords is entertaining to you.DarkLink420

no i dont. Ive played a ton of games. I just really like assassins creed :|

sorry this was me my brother just left his account signed in on his computer

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
i agree it is very repetitive but i thought the story was excellent
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.justin121390

man ur a punk kid if u think wer gonna eat that sh... u cant beat assasins creed in 8 hours playing it the way it is meant to be played, ive played like 10 hours and im only on the 4th assasination, and at the beginning of this topic u said u only got to the second city buddy, so ur just a punk troll.

justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 justin121390
[QUOTE="jchaff"]

KGB32

i gave that up with one girl....she just wasn't clean enough down thar lol

ewwwwwww if she wasnt clean i wouldnt do anything with her i would just give her the boot, and kick her out of my house.
Ntl_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ntl_713
you have a very good point im at like the 4rth city..the 1st was the same as the 2nd it was EXACTLY the same how you assassin that guy..but it is repeatitive but it gets diffrent.cuz u get more weapons and stuff it is enjoyable but it will be boring but its stil a good game like the graphics r awesome
justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 justin121390

[QUOTE="justin121390"]i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.great_rulo

man ur a punk kid if u think wer gonna eat that sh... u cant beat assasins creed in 8 hours playing it the way it is meant to be played, ive played like 10 hours and im only on the 4th assasination, and at the beginning of this topic u said u only got to the second city buddy, so ur just a punk troll.

actually i beat it i said once i got to the second city i thought it was the first one, please read things more carefully next time, and im not going to flame u because i have more class than u.
Decoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Decoy123
Member since 2004 • 816 Posts

for a game that had a bit of doubt before it came out it turned out to a great suprise because EGM was bashing it a bit in a few of there issues but the controls seemed inovative and fresh, but i picked it up quickly and got it down fast enough. it was a suprise hit for me, very happy to have experiance of this, ill probly buy it when it gets a bit cheaper because i rented it and beat it pretty fast. but it wasnt easy at all it was more frustrating to me when i would screw up or couldnt get a roof, brought back memories of skate

dogman753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dogman753
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
do hav any idea of how much an idiot you are assasins creed isnt only about the story mode its about exploration immersing yourself in a old style world and if you ask me it does that extremely well, personally I CANT WAIT for AC2
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
[QUOTE="great_rulo"]

[QUOTE="justin121390"]i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.justin121390

actually i beat it i said once i got to the second city i thought it was the first one, please read things more carefully next time, and im not going to flame u because i have more class than u.

oh sorry but i tought u just maded a troll topic so, ur very very classy kid, all ur opinions are invalid because ur point of view is stupid, good bye sir justin, have a good evening

See? i got class too.

bane546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bane546
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="justin121390"][QUOTE="great_rulo"]

[QUOTE="justin121390"]i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.great_rulo

oh sorry but i tought u just maded a troll topic so, ur very very classy kid, all ur opinions are invalid because ur point of view is stupid, good bye sir justin, have a good evening

See? i got class too.

haha. that'sjust funny ( :

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#27 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Your judging a game entirely on the first two hours?

Of course it's going to be easier. It's the first coule of hours!!! And you've barelt given the game any room to develop the story.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I loved that game.

I ate up every minute of it.

It does the same mission basically 9 times, but for me, it never really lost its magic.

wacky_sashimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wacky_sashimi
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

For anyone who plays a lot of games, and are quite good at said activity, there's no getting around it: AC is both easy and repetitive. That a fact, I had a really enjoyable time playing it, and I'm still glad I bought it. Really looking forward to the next one.

And to comment ona post above, the first 2 hours were probably the hardest part of the game for me, getting used to the controls. Itactually got EASIER the longer I played it; funny that.

dja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dja1
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts

to the original poster. I understand exactly what you are saying. The game does not allow you to immerse yourself into the game and cities because you can't do anything in them. Buy, sell, go inside etc... the crowds and outdoor life of the city is awesome, however people who are into games like Oblivion may love to just walk around and look. People like us who thought this game was going to be a Little more interactive just don't get it.

Saving citizens gets you nowhere, climbing towers is pointless. I wanted a little more action, maybe have to fight people to climb the tower or scope out the tower and who is around it in order to see how I can climb it without being spotted.

Same goes for assassinations. going around and scouting the actual assassination site and setting up a game-plan would have been a bit more fun. It just seems with such elaborate cities there would be more to do. i am especially disappointed with the assassinations. They are too easy. An assassination should be easy if done properly I guess, however, I never really feel as if I need to investigate anything in order to be a success. And I think that is where the game fails most. There is little to no build up or feeling like you really took 2 hours pre-assassination for a big payoff. It just leaves you with a feeling that you have to go through certain steps in order to kill someone else.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts

I have the game and i thought the first hour of it was pretty good, not great, but then i got to the second city, and i thought, didnt i just play in this city. The game is way too repetitive and its way too easy. The story gets dull after an hour or two, and the parts when you are in the present time are pointless, cut scenes would be much better. Anyone feel the same as me.justin121390

Yeah I agree. The worst part is you go back to the same cities AGAIN later :)

I gave up after the 4th assasination. Its too reptetive.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

I have the game and i thought the first hour of it was pretty good, not great, but then i got to the second city, and i thought, didnt i just play in this city. The game is way too repetitive and its way too easy. The story gets dull after an hour or two, and the parts when you are in the present time are pointless, cut scenes would be much better. Anyone feel the same as me.justin121390

i will agree that the fact it gets repetitive but in no way is it dull or boring. to say that is actually quite absurd. what is ur idea of a great game than justin? jw

Strykr_Mithras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Strykr_Mithras
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts

i beat the game, and i took me about 8 hours, and i cant see how anyone doesnt think this game is repetitive, you kill guards and take out the big leader guys, there is the same guy in the assassins bureau with different clothes, and the cities are exactly the same, just the buildings are diferent colors. This game didnt live up to the hype.justin121390

If you've actually beaten the game then how are you going to say the Assassin's in the Bureau are the same people with different clothes? They are entirely different people and have different characteristics aside from their clothing. The cities also look nothing alike, Damascus and Jerusalem have a similar building style because they have a Middle Eastern feel to them. Acre is completely different from the other 2 cities. You obviously just ran through the game and paid no attention to what was going on around you...must be why you feel the game is garbage. And to say it didn't live up to the hype is your opinion that you're entitled to. Halo 3 definately didn't live up to the hype it had going for it yet it's the #1 game on XBL right now and will be for a while, but it also is one of the most repetitive franchises out there. (Frag, Jump, Shoot, repeat until someone dies)

to the original poster. I understand exactly what you are saying. The game does not allow you to immerse yourself into the game and cities because you can't do anything in them. Buy, sell, go inside etc... the crowds and outdoor life of the city is awesome, however people who are into games like Oblivion may love to just walk around and look. People like us who thought this game was going to be a Little more interactive just don't get it.

Saving citizens gets you nowhere, climbing towers is pointless. I wanted a little more action, maybe have to fight people to climb the tower or scope out the tower and who is around it in order to see how I can climb it without being spotted.

Same goes for assassinations. going around and scouting the actual assassination site and setting up a game-plan would have been a bit more fun. It just seems with such elaborate cities there would be more to do. i am especially disappointed with the assassinations. They are too easy. An assassination should be easy if done properly I guess, however, I never really feel as if I need to investigate anything in order to be a success. And I think that is where the game fails most. There is little to no build up or feeling like you really took 2 hours pre-assassination for a big payoff. It just leaves you with a feeling that you have to go through certain steps in order to kill someone else.

dja1

Ok this game isn't Oblivion...it's not an RPG this is an action game. You can't compare the two games.Oblivion is a great game but there isn't really anything that is immersive about it in my opinion.

I don't know what version of AC you played but there are plenty of spots in the later versions of the city that have many guards on rooftops that can spot you climbing up to view points. That's what you're asking for isn't it? It already has it.

Yes the Assassinations were easy but they're also weren't supposed to be extremely hard. Altiar is a Master in the Guild, with his skills he isn't supposed to have that difficult of a time performing his missions, this was just, in his mind (not to give away any spoilers), tasks to redeem himself.

Yes I will agree the game is repetitive but only in the sense that each Assassination requires you to do the same things each time before you're able to assassinate your target. But tell me, what game isn't repetitive? Oblivion's combat was extremely easy and repetitive all you do is strike and back up and 99% of the time that's all that's involved.

Qwickkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Qwickkiller
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
the game was intence...but as you said you get bored doing the same thing over and over just to get to a BIG plot opener
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

jchaff

lmao

DeltaCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 DeltaCobra
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

This is just further that you cant make everyone happy. I keep hearing "gears of war single player" is garbage, or "gears of war MP"is garbage or"Assassin's Creed is garbage?.

It breaks my heart that people could think that GOW or AC are not entertaining tites. The same people who hang on the edge for a publications scoring system then get all critical. Politics - leave it to swarchznegger

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
goddammit every game is repetitive. Its just that some are good at it and make you want to come back again and again. Youre just a troll.
dark_uziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dark_uziel
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i disagree.assasins greed is agreat game.

i only wish it was longer and had better ai.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts

Although I can agree it does get repetitive, I don't think it's terrible.. It has everything an Assassin Game should include.. What else would you expect him to do? And saying the future parts are pointless is rather farfetched since you haven't completed the game, you know considering most of the Story takes place in conversations/emails with Lucy/Vidic. As you progress in Rank the game difficulty gets harder, granted it's not like Legendary modein Halo 3 or Verteranin CoD4 but it getsthere.I enjoyed this game and i'm sure I'll enjoy the next 2, Ubisoft has showed that New IP's aren't bad ideas.

tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts
This thread is repetitive...
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#42 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I agree fully. It's hard for me to beat the game when all you do is find the towers, pickpocket, investigate, punch someone than kill him, go to beareu, etc etc etc. Over and over and over...

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

that sounds like every game ever made. usually all the games get repetitive. just like Gears and Halo the enemies are the same for the most part and so are the environments. if you gonna complain about this game you might as well complain about every game. o yea and of course its not going to live up to the hype when everyone hypes it up to be the greatest game ever. there are very very few games that are entitled to that. but thats just my opinion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Every single FPS out there is repetitive, most puzzle games are repetitive, this game is repetitive, but it's fun repetitive.. am i saying repetitive enough for you? .... repetitive.

Also, the cities aren't all the same they are very different. One has a dock, one has a castle, one has a giant church, and all the back alleys and houses are different. Yes, the next one needs more varried missions, but the concept can stay similar.

dja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dja1
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts

Ok this game isn't Oblivion...it's not an RPG this is an action game. You can't compare the two games.Oblivion is a great game but there isn't really anything that is immersive about it in my opinion.

I don't know what version of AC you played but there are plenty of spots in the later versions of the city that have many guards on rooftops that can spot you climbing up to view points. That's what you're asking for isn't it? It already has it.

Ok, fair enough. Bad example with Oblivion I agree. And you make a good point that the city already has the guards on rooftops and it is much more difficult to get around in the later stages. Enough to the point where I had to think twice sometimes about saving a citizens. I guess that is what I wanted from the beginning, because those are the stages of the game I enjoy the most.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, I can also just fully understand others point of view when Ubisoft says THIS IS THE FIRST TRUE NEXT GEN EXPERIENCE and then this comes out. I think people just had alot of different expectations, maybe too lofty for a video-game. But good rebuts, thank you for the insight.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
it feels repetitive but i dont get bored i dont know why i keep having fun.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts

Lets count the problems with Assassins creed:

1) REPETITIVE: how can you people defend against this? You do the same freaking thing over and over again. Go to the bureau, get info, kill somone. Now if the tasks you had to perform were varied it would be a whole different story. But...its the same thing over and over again. And one of those activities is SITTING ON A BENCH AND LISTENING. Thrillling gameplay. And the cities dont feel any different. They just have a few different building and color. Thats why such harsh colors schemes were used for each of the cities....to trick you into thinking its something totally different. Ugh.

2) Ridiculous amount of glitches. My horse got stuck in a rock once, and now I think I have a game ending glitch

3) Uneven AI: one minute the guards are cluesless bafoons and the next minute their superhuman. They must all have 20/20 vision because they spot me from hundreds of feet away. And I dont think some petty guards could keep up with a master assasin when it comes to scaling the rooftops....but theyre just as acrobatic as Altair

4)The game doesnt allow you to play stealthily: We all saw that trailer where Altair slowly pushes his way thru the crowd and leaps to assasinate a target. Of course, thats impossible within the game. There is always a wall of guards surrouding them. The minute you step foot in their radius they freak out on you and attack. The only way to reach the target is to have an all out swordfight brawl with the guards.

5) There is no incentive to move forward thru the game....oh man you get back mediocre skills you hadf at the games start....not compelling at al

6) its no fun

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I can understand the repetitiveness of helping the local denizens, since they always seem to be in trouble, but the assassination aspects are brilliant and really drive me forward in the game so as not to get bored. The modern day stuff is kinda dull, but it adds to the overall story, so it is necessary.
Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sn0wOn420
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Lets count the problems with Assassins creed:

1) REPETITIVE: how can you people defend against this? You do the same freaking thing over and over again. Go to the bureau, get info, kill somone. Now if the tasks you had to perform were varied it would be a whole different story. But...its the same thing over and over again. And one of those activities is SITTING ON A BENCH AND LISTENING. Thrillling gameplay. And the cities dont feel any different. They just have a few different building and color. Thats why such harsh colors schemes were used for each of the cities....to trick you into thinking its something totally different. Ugh.

2) Ridiculous amount of glitches. My horse got stuck in a rock once, and now I think I have a game ending glitch

3) Uneven AI: one minute the guards are cluesless bafoons and the next minute their superhuman. They must all have 20/20 vision because they spot me from hundreds of feet away. And I dont think some petty guards could keep up with a master assasin when it comes to scaling the rooftops....but theyre just as acrobatic as Altair

4)The game doesnt allow you to play stealthily: We all saw that trailer where Altair slowly pushes his way thru the crowd and leaps to assasinate a target. Of course, thats impossible within the game. There is always a wall of guards surrouding them. The minute you step foot in their radius they freak out on you and attack. The only way to reach the target is to have an all out swordfight brawl with the guards.

5) There is no incentive to move forward thru the game....oh man you get back mediocre skills you hadf at the games start....not compelling at al

6) its no fun

sk8ter33157

YOU ARE A MORON

magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
Well if youre just going to go through a main quest and ignore the side ones youre not going to get your moneys worth mate. And its not garbage.