Are you tired of kids on XBL?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pezboy7
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.
offubletz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 offubletz
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

maybe im just lucky but i havent had too many instances with kids bothering me on line. i get maybe one or two in a night of gaming on cod4. but i have noticed more of them on halo3 but still not to the point of every game. i usually just put em on ignore if theyre that bad or leave em on if theyre humorous

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.pezboy7

Just think sometime in you life YOU where one of those"KIDS" in your mind you where never like that BUT most likely you where you just didn't have XBL to show the world...FYI all those "IGNORANT THINGS OF THE PLANET" don't think they are bothering anyone so just be nice and inform them in a kind way not by call them names.

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pezboy7

[QUOTE="pezboy7"]I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.lge777

Just think sometime in you life YOU where one of those"KIDS" in your mind you where never like that BUT most likely you where you just didn't have XBL to show the world...FYI all those "IGNORANT THINGS OF THE PLANET" don't think they are bothering anyone so just be nice and inform them in a kind way not by call them names.

Ok first of all, you must be around 11 or 12 because your grammar is sloppy and your spelling doesn't make you sound too intelligent. Anyway, No, I wasn't one of those "kids" I was raised to treat others with respect regardless of wether or not I can see them face to face. I called them ignorant because they are just that, lacking in all basic knowledge of social and moral behavior. Talking nicely to these people is impossible they are racist and nothing but belligerant. If you are young that's fine, I don't have a problem with that. Like I said in my original post, some of them are quite polite.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.pezboy7
they are annoying as hell, they always talk loud, have the most annoying voices and things to say,and blow into the micrphone in some cases man im with you on this 100%
offubletz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 offubletz
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

[QUOTE="pezboy7"]I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.trick6952
they are annoying as hell, they always talk loud, have the most annoying voices and things to say,and blow into the micrphone in some cases man im with you on this 100%

ya thats true but as far as voices go they cant help it if they havent hit puberty yet. at some point we all had higher voices too. but yes the blowing into the mic is quite annoying

avengefulreign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 avengefulreign
Member since 2006 • 2250 Posts

Ok first of all, you must be around 11 or 12 because your grammar is sloppy and your spelling doesn't make you sound too inteligent.

pezboy7

I agree with you, but I would personally check your spelling before making fun of someone else. (intelligent)

French023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 French023
Member since 2005 • 1291 Posts
you know the only good things about these kids? When there not on your team any you know you are easily going to beat them. O and that the other team is going to go through 10 minutes of hell listening to them
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

You know what I'm sick of? Whiney babies constantly whining about kids on XBL.

Just block them and get over it. I'd rather them than you.

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pezboy7

PiNwOrM

You know what I'm sick of. People that try to start stuff with people on a forum that they obviously have no business being in.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts
[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

pezboy7

You know what I'm sick of. People that try to start stuff with people on a forum that they obviously have no business being in.

YOU came here and YOU asked US if we were tired of kids on XBL. I gave you my answer. If anyone is trying to 'start something' (whatever that means? It takes two to argue), it would be you. Why not search for the million other threads of this kind?

Furthermore, I have business being here. I own an Xbox 360, and unless I violate gamespots rules, I believe I do have every right to be here.

Incidentally, I now think you're a kid. You tolerate everyones opinion unless it disagrees with yours, then they have 'no business being here'? Why ask questions if you don't want answers?

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
They have a mute button, use it and don't use this forum to complain about it.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
I use the mute button, or I use my mic and turn the volume off, so I can't hear anybody.
pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pezboy7
Look, some of you have taken me way to seriously and things have gotten out of hand. If you entered this forum hoping to have an intelligent conversation then perhaps I have mislead you. I oppologize for offending anyone.
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

good point, you answered your own question/statement....KIDS ARE IGNORANTBECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS...

now get over it...when/if you ever have a kid it will be 10000 times worse

*edit* OK so you dont want this forum to be so serious....well im sry for not reading the posts besides the 1st one...but i am sick of these "omg kids are so annoying" threads...there is one practically every day and ppl ALWAYS keep it up there forever

dashizy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 dashizy666
Member since 2004 • 1485 Posts
Finally someone who speaks my language. Believe it or not I don't mind the early teenagers playing on XBL. It's the parents who buy their kids Gears of war and COD4 or any other M rated game that pisses me off. I've even had a kid ask me if I played GTA san andreas once. Hey dip**** you're a young impressionable mind that what Viva Pinata is for. I'm sure older people play that game too but that is besides the point. It is rare but when I do hear a kid on live I make sure I'm as foul as possible. So when little timmy calls his mom a cumbucket he gets the **** beaten out of him. And I know I contributed to a little kids vocabulary. Yes I know, I'm evil.
thecobraholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thecobraholder
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="pezboy7"][QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

PiNwOrM

YOU came here and YOU asked US if we were tired of kids on XBL. I gave you my answer. If anyone is trying to 'start something' (whatever that means? It takes two to argue), it would be you. Why not search for the million other threads of this kind?

Furthermore, I have business being here. I own an Xbox 360, and unless I violate gamespots rules, I believe I do have every right to be here.

Incidentally, I now think you're a kid. You tolerate everyones opinion unless it disagrees with yours, then they have 'no business being here'? Why ask questions if you don't want answers?

lol @ you getting all mad. chill, it's the internet.

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pezboy7

[QUOTE="pezboy7"]I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.Keving7

good point, you answered your own question/statement....KIDS ARE IGNORANTBECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS...

I didn't say all of them were ignorant its right there in my post and your block quote. Saying kids are ignorant because they are kids is not an excuse, they should be taught. Oh and I'm not having kids they're a burden on your mind and income.

thecobraholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thecobraholder
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="Keving7"]

[QUOTE="pezboy7"]I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.pezboy7

I didn't say all of them were ignorant its right there in my post and your block quote. Saying kids are ignorant because they are kids is not an excuse, they should be taught. Oh and I'm not having kids they're a burden on your mind and income.

lol.. one of the funniest things i've read in a while :D

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

pezboy7

LOL kids are ignorant...kids learn gradually by going to school to NOT remain ignorant/learn life skills (which kids are also ignorant in)...school and TIME for that matter that lead to one not being ignorant

ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/ -adjective

1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3.uninformed; unaware. 4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorant

then again everyone is ignorant in their own sense of the word if you think about it

*multiple edits for spelling and size*

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pezboy7
I'm well aware of their ignorance as well as the meaning of the word ignorant. However, if they are smart enough to connect their Xbox to the internet and set up an XBL account then they should be smart enough to realize that they are acting like 5 year olds.
CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

Kids can be a pain (although not all of them are). However, from my experience, I find some 25-year olds (and higher) to be MORE annoying. They think because they're the oldest players, itmakes themthe best. It can get really annoying....

Hey, I'm just saying that from experience.

* Multiple edits for spelling and grammar*

pezboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pezboy7

Kids can be a pain (although not all of them are). However, from my experience, I find some 25-year olds (and higher)to be MORE annoying. They think because they're the oldest means that they'rethe best. It can get really annoying....

Hey, I'm just saying that from experience.

CrossFire245

I agree, just about everyone can be annoying on XBL from time to time.

dashizy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 dashizy666
Member since 2004 • 1485 Posts
I have the solution tho keep 6-10 year old kids from playing on XBL. And that is to be as foul as possible to the point they get they get beaten the **** out of by their parents.
bleedblue_gsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bleedblue_gsl
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
im 14 if thats considerd a kid but when people with high voices, blow in the mic and ask annoying questions i just mute them and not whine about it like some people do (hint hint)
bleedblue_gsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bleedblue_gsl
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
its not just kids that are annoying i played so many people on nhl 08 that were yelling random things and act ing like dumb a @$$
Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
they are annoying but people cant be annoying back to them or else they are going to be even more annoying. there will be nothing we can do these kids make up about 20% of the xbox live memberships so microsoft wont do SH** to help us get rid of them.
XxEclipsexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 XxEclipsexX
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts
I feel so insulted. >_>
I dont breath into the mic and talk trash for no reason. Or have a whiney voice.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Really, it's all about maturity. I don't care if this a kid with a high pitched voice who's voice chatting, as long as he uses the mic properly. In fact, I probably am one of the guys with a high pitched voice online, but most of the time I either keep my mouth shut or my voice low.

Maybe I've just been lucky. I haven't encountered the same kids that others have. I haven't played a match in Halo 3 or CoD4 with a 7-year-old screaming obscenities until my ears bleed. I've met kids my age (14), I've met kids with high voices, but none of them have been really annoying.

All-in-all, I'm more inclined to be tired of 17, 18 or 19 year old jerks, who get really angry when, (a) they find out you're under the age of 17, or (b) you shotgun them in the face.

phat_frank43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 phat_frank43
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

pezboy7

obviously... :?

KrYp7iC_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KrYp7iC_X
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
Rather then being mad at the children who are going to be children, you should really be upset at the parents for exposing their kids to xbl without the proper tools to monitor their actions.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#35 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
They can be annoying, which is why I would like it very much if MS were to intergrate age matching...

A couple of days ago I played co-op on Crackdown, this person joined my game and I hope to god it was a girl. I couldn't tell, but they had a high pitched voice. They stayed online while they went to go eat dinner. Constantly yelling answers to their dad's questions. TV volume was so f***** loud I could hear it over the mic, and they had the voice turned on tv and headset, so when I said something there was an echo. They were randomly yelling...screaming...and I could barely make out anything they said because they talked so dam fast.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
1. if you have some of those kids on your team (i learned this playing rainbow six) the best way to get them to shut up is simply ask the question, "hey *gamercard name*, have you ever seen a grown man naked?" 2. why would you possibly be as mean as you can to them? show kindness to others and they will show kindness to you. 3. everyone is a kid at some point, take it easy. if someone's annoying you just nicely ask for them to calm down. in most cases they will, if they don't, keep asking. if they still don't, use a normal, calm voice, and verbally abuse them and/or use step 1. 4. i think some of the most annoying people i've played on live with, are not kids, but adults. every once in a while i get stuck with this 28 year old "i'm macho, me like beer" guy who thinks everybody sucks but him and his friends, verbally abuses everyone else, gives bad rep, the works. THOSE people annoy me, but maybe i just haven't gotten stuck with all these kids you speak of. ah, the joys of not liking halo 3.. 5. quit trying to fight on forums.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Kids...aren't annoying. It's all those teenagers that get online with their pals and just bad mouth everyone and trash talk because they think it's cool. Kids...I can handle. Teenagers...
Hammer_Ov_Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hammer_Ov_Hell
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well actually it has been a while since i was on Xbox live. but i had no idea that it was that bad with kids. as far as i can tell they should have age restricted games on Xbox live. i think that would root out all the kids.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
YES! Although the problem isn't the kids, its their parents who raise them and don't teach them about respect and let them do whatever they want. I have twin boys who are 9 years old and I know they would never speak out or talk the way some of these young kids do over live. Just the other day I was playing Madden, as soon as I heard the childs voice over the headset I was thinking this was going to be a bad experience. Sure enough, he started saying how I was gay and lived with my boyfriend. WTF. Not all kids over live are bad, but its these type that really make it difficult for others to enjoy playing online.
riseagnstfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 riseagnstfan
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts

um...if they r just children....how hard can it be to treat them like ****!?!?

just say something offensive they wont do anything

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 xTriviumx
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
you know the only good things about these kids? When there not on your team any you know you are easily going to beat them. O and that the other team is going to go through 10 minutes of hell listening to themFrench023
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
[QUOTE="lge777"]

[QUOTE="pezboy7"]I recently have been playing Halo 3 on XBL a lot and have noticed that children are quite possibly the most ignorant things on the planet. Not all of them are that bad in fact some of them are quite polite. I was just wondering your thoughts on this matter.pezboy7

Ok first of all, you must be around 11 or 12 because your grammar is sloppy and your spelling doesn't make you sound too intelligent. Anyway, No, I wasn't one of those "kids" I was raised to treat others with respect regardless of wether or not I can see them face to face. I called them ignorant because they are just that, lacking in all basic knowledge of social and moral behavior. Talking nicely to these people is impossible they are racist and nothing but belligerant. If you are young that's fine, I don't have a problem with that. Like I said in my original post, some of them are quite polite.

I am smart enough to have a nice size bank account have my home close to the beach in miami and farm in ohio plus 3 cars all paid off before i am 35 and nobody nobody gave me nothing.You claim not to be one of thouse kids but you sure do sound like one. Try being nice it goes farther...

jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts
He does hav a point. KIds should be playing games to entertain themselfs. teenagers and grown-ups should be getting jobs and having lifes!!
arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
I, personally, die of laughter when I hear little kids cursing like sailors. It's best when they say "F*** you mom, i'm playing Call of Duty."
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
I think it is fair to assume that you will run into annoying individuals of all ages on XBL...I see no need in utilizing obscenity or cruelty in dealing with such individuals. Personally, I believe everyone should just lighten up and enjoy the experience!!!!!! If you do cross paths with someone who impedes your gameplay, ignore, mute or block them!!!!!
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
I'll tell you what i'm tired of... stupid highschool aged teenagers who think they own the world and can say whatever they want to people. It's retards like this that influence the little kids to act the way they do. If anything, I feel sorry for the little kids because the ones that act stupid probably don't have much in the way of parental figures and they have these crappy teenage "roll models" to look up to on XBL. If anything you should be hitting yourself and your peers for creating this monstrosity. They're just kids man. They're going to act like it. How you respond to them really affects the way they respond to you and the way you influence them as people. So quit being losers and just try being nice to the little kids. They may just stop being annoying and for the ones that don't, hit the mute button. BTW, I've played several matches of Call of Duty 4 with kids who couldn't have been more than 10 years old and they were more mature than a lot of 15-17 year olds i've played with. Grow up and realize that you definitely aren't the sh*t, you're just another person in a world full of people created equally.
gumboots22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gumboots22
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts
Know What im tired of? THESE THREADS!
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

Know What im tired of? THESE THREADS!gumboots22

if you don't like it, then don't respond to them... all it does is put it higher on the forums which keeps it alive even longer... and obviously you don't have anything intelligent to say anyway.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

I'll tell you what i'm tired of... stupid highschool aged teenagers who think they own the world and can say whatever they want to people. It's retards like this that influence the little kids to act the way they do. If anything, I feel sorry for the little kids because the ones that act stupid probably don't have much in the way of parental figures and they have these crappy teenage "roll models" to look up to on XBL. If anything you should be hitting yourself and your peers for creating this monstrosity. They're just kids man. They're going to act like it. How you respond to them really affects the way they respond to you and the way you influence them as people. So quit being losers and just try being nice to the little kids. They may just stop being annoying and for the ones that don't, hit the mute button. BTW, I've played several matches of Call of Duty 4 with kids who couldn't have been more than 10 years old and they were more mature than a lot of 15-17 year olds i've played with. Grow up and realize that you definitely aren't the sh*t, you're just another person in a world full of people created equally.jpstill85

I concur..;)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#50 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I dont really think its an age thing.. there are some younger kids that are more mature then the older ones at times