Are you still buying ODST?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

So with the announcement of ODST going to full price again are you still going to buy it? I was planning on it but I really don't think its worth full price. Of course MS realized that people will buy Halo no matter the price so they jacked it up. Personally I don't think 2-4 hour campaign and firefight mode are worth it. Seems to me more like a XBLA game with halo 3's multiplayer. So is the price drop changing your mind too or are you still going to buy it?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
2-4 hour campaign? where did u hear this?
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

firefight IMO is well worth the price...i'll play that like no other, just like nazi zombies and horde

plus it comes with the full H3 multiplayer with all maps, if you haven't gotten any of the maps that might be worth the price as well...at least i won't have to buy mythic map pack 2 now

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

2-4 hour campaign? where did u hear this?chaoscougar1

they actually announced it to be a 3-6 hour campaign awhile ago when the game was first announced (on normal)

but that was also when it was announced to be cheaper than $60...so i'm hoping that since now it's full price and they haven't said anything on the length of the game since then, that it turned out alot longer than they expected

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

Answer me this, jesus. Say I buy ODST to play online multiplayer and my buddy owns a Halo 3 disc would I be able to play with him with my ODST in mu xbox and Halo 3 in his? Or is it SAME maps, DIFFERENT people? Hope that made sense.

And to the OP I plan on buying ODST but I'll wait for a few reviews to come out before I make my final decision.

Avatar image for LABoxingFighter
LABoxingFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LABoxingFighter
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

hell yeah foo. you even still have to ask?

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
maybe i see the reviews first
decaY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 decaY_
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

2-4 Hours gameplay were you get that info from? of course im buying it looks great and im sure everyone else will agree

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

Nope, not because it's shorter than the original, it's because I don't like Halo 3.

Zombie-Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Zombie-Fairy
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

halo is halo.. and although there might be a shorter campaign its still going to be totally freaking awesome even if it doesn;t live up to 1 and 2 (which i think are the best in the series) - plus since it comes with the second disc full of multiplayer whatnot and the halo: reach online beta im thinking its going to be totally worth getting - (plus you can get recon armour if you but odst) - heh, just my view ^_^

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
2-4 hours? youre kinda late in the news..anyway I will
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Yes, I am. And it'll be longer than 2-4 hours.
ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts

no freakin way for 60 euro. the campaign is between 3-5 hours and basically i m re buying all those maps for nothing. and firefighter looks great but i can spend those 60 euro on another game. its hard enough to choose a game in those times. i m a huge halo fan but this is real letdown bungie.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

I'll reserve judgement til more information is revealed, but I'm leaning towards not buying it as of right now.

For one, for full price, I'd expect a FULL-length campaign, along the lines of the other main Halo games.

But mainly, it sounds like its going to be the same maps as Halo 3, plus a few extra! I mean, what the hell?! All this time to make this game, and they cant make a new set of maps? Sorry, but I've played these maps already. If I'm going to be paying money, I want something NEW! I dont think thats too much to ask for.

So they really need to step this game up if they want my money. And that sucks because I do like Halo.

cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

nope, im not a big halo fan in the first place but 60 bucks for an expansion isnt happening. i can live without it

K3vinkha0S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 K3vinkha0S
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

Even though I'm a fan of the Halo series im not getting ODST for the simple fact that when it comes out there are going to be so many other games on my mind, andI'm not going to cough up another 60 bucks when I have no interest in the multiplayer, and I can just rent it and beat the campaign.

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

Answer me this, jesus. Say I buy ODST to play online multiplayer and my buddy owns a Halo 3 disc would I be able to play with him with my ODST in mu xbox and Halo 3 in his? Or is it SAME maps, DIFFERENT people? Hope that made sense.

And to the OP I plan on buying ODST but I'll wait for a few reviews to come out before I make my final decision.

ThatsSimtastic
That is a great question. It seams logical they could since there is already a large player base. interesting...
gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

the game does offer as a full retail game does it has a new entire campaign and it's really interesting it can full the gaps that most players have for the halo series and it has all the multiplayer maps from halo 3 and all the dlc too and it has the new firefight mode!!!

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i want odst so bad i can taste it if there is any game i will get it will be odst.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I'll only buy it if the single player campaign is as long and as good/epic as Halo 3's campaign. The fact it doesn't have it's own multi-player is a bit of a disappointment. Three new maps for Halo 3 just isn't good enough. I'm also surprised they kept the gameplay the same as Halo 3. Introducing a new character is a great opportunity to introduce new gameplay elements but watching that E3 demo I felt like I'd gone back in time to 2007 and was watching Halo 3. What happened to the darker, more realistic, Ghost Recon type of Halo that was rumored a while back? That would've been interesting. And why did he make a big deal about having a silenced SMG? It was pointless. It just made the gun sound weak and it'll offer no advantages while playing.
Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
I definitely won't be buying it at full price, as it still seems like just an expansion rather than a full game by itself. Still interested in it though.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
the campains going to be same length as h3, but h3 u can get through in 6 hours if u know ur way through and dont get stuck
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

I would have thought about it if it was 40 bucks like originally planned. But charging full price for essentially a disc of expansions? No thanks

cool_beans1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 cool_beans1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts
Well first, it's probably not gonna be 2-4 hours (probably more) and yes I pre-ordered the special edition.
FishSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FishSquared
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts
Hell yes I will be - at the midnight release 9/29/2009 Will be buying the $100 dollar one as well with the controller.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#26 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Yeah I am going to buy it. I want the new maps and the campaign looks good. I wish it was cheaper but who doesn't wish any game was cheaper.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

If it does not get great reviews than I prob will not get it. I was planning on buying it immediatly if it had a $40 or lower price. Cheap MS!

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
hellz yeah! and no not just because its halo, even though im a fan. i want to see what this new game is all about and i like fps's theres a million reasons why im buying this and yes i think 60bucks is a good price. besides theres other games with campaigns around 6 hours that ive played and THOROUGHLY enjoyed. plus itll tie me over till Reach arrives
sjstor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sjstor
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts

Ill probably wait for a few reviews and maybe a demo (if there is one) before i buy it. I'm keeping an eye on it though cause Halo is pretty damn good.

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Not a chance, I don't want it even more now that I seen the teaser for Reach. They really are milking the Halo franchise to death.
Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Cerebris
Member since 2004 • 1151 Posts
Everyone who planned on getting it, is still getting it, despite if they say they aren't, they will.
kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

of course its halo halo is awesome its the reason i bought a 360 plus halo reach beta hopefully that will be sweet

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cerebris
Instead of stating that you're a fanboy, why not offer some constructive criticism or supporting feedback? Why is Halo awesome? Because it's not all awesome, I can assure you of that.
JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

Eh, I'll still buy the game, reluctantly.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 seankane

Eh, I'll still buy the game, reluctantly.

JS0123456789

Please dont buy it if you find the price unreasonable. It just sets a precedent. They'll know that they can get away with selling more half-donkeyed games in the future for full price. If peopleDONT buy it, then they'll either be forced to reduce the price, or put more content in future releases, which is what we all want, right?

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cerebris
You seriously think you're going to change their mind, especially as they are offering a lot, though you're judging before EVEN REVIEWS come out so eh... In any case, you won't change it.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 seankane

You seriously think you're going to change their mind, especially as they are offering a lot, though you're judging before EVEN REVIEWS come out so eh... In any case, you won't change it.Cerebris

You seriously think you're going to change their mind, especially as they are offering a lot, though you're judging before EVEN REVIEWS come out so eh... In any case, you won't change it.Cerebris

For one, where am I judging anything in that post? I just said IF you find the price unreasonable, etc etc.

Two, I've said in an earlier post in the thread specifically that I'm holding off judgement til we learn more about the game.

Three, based on what we know SO FAR, they areNOT offering a lot. They are offering a campaign that may or may not be longer than 3-5 hours, a whole set of maps that most people will already have played quite a bit, and only 3 new ones.

And no, maybe I wont change their mind. I see no reason why I shouldn't try, though. Because it DOES affect me. It affects you, too. It affects all of us. This whole lazy attitude of 'Well you PROBABLY cant affect anything, so why bother' gets us nowhere. In fact, I despite that sort of defeatist attitude.

Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

i am deciding.

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cerebris
I don't have the maps... I'm not a fan of mappacks, or multiplayer
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I still have to make the decision.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
well lets see. amazing new campaign, all the maps (i have not bought any) and uh what else firefight, this looks epic of course im buying it
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 seankane

I don't have the maps... I'm not a fan of mappacks, or multiplayer Cerebris

So how on earth could you claim that they are offering 'a lot'?

A campaign that may or may not offermore than3-5 hours of gameplay certainly isn't a lot. I got more time out of Braid, which many considered over-priced at FIFTEEN bucks.

And whether or not YOU have the maps of old or not does not concern the very large percentage of people who DO have those maps already. Perhaps you dont care about what other people may want, but thats quite selfish if you feel that way and cant realize that many of us might feel a bit jipped paying full price for a game that offers very little new, multiplayer-wise.

I dont understand why you're arguing with me. I only ever said that IF somebody finds the price unreasonable, they shouldn't buy it, since it sends out a bad precedent. Do you agree or not? Or are you just mad because I'm suggesting that somebody probably shouldn't get a game that you're looking forward to?

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cerebris
I like co op, and campaign, after all it's what I buy games for. They stated it's no longer a 5 hour campaign.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#44 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I wont. $60 is too much :P
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 seankane

I like co op, and campaign, after all it's what I buy games for. They stated it's no longer a 5 hour campaign.Cerebris

For one, they have NOT said that the game is longer than5 hours. They've merely come out with some vague justification for why they're going to charge full price. There was nothing where they said thatthe campaign will be longer than they said it would before.

And two, what do you not understand about what I'm saying? Thats great that YOU dont play online multiplayer(co-op is multiplayer, by the way), but you are ignoring that a very large percentage of other people do. In fact, I'd say that Halo's popularity stems more from its online multiplayer aspects than its single-player ever since Halo 2. You CANT ignore that.

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cerebris
It's not multiplayer if Co-op is local or on the same console and not online. And while it may be more popular because of online, the popularity that immature people care about (98% of Xbox Live being immature) doesn't really bother or mean anything to me.
scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
Well I was never going to buy it, so no.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 seankane

It's not multiplayer if Co-op is local or on the same console and not online. And while it may be more popular because of online, the popularity that immature people care about (98% of Xbox Live being immature) doesn't really bother or mean anything to me.Cerebris

For somebody as fond of being pedantic as you cannot see this, then its quite laughable, but here, let me explain this to you:

The word 'multiplayer' simply means playing with more than one person. Remember Goldeneye from the N64? That certainly had a multiplayer part to the game, yet did not have any online capabilities whatsoever. Nowadays, we have online multiplayer, sure, but that doesn't mean that you cant have offline multiplayer, too.

And I'm wondering where you got that 98% figure from. Did you just pull it out of your 'donkey' or is there some study you've done or read?

Either way, whether you consider the people on XboxLive to pretty much ALL be mature or not is absolutely irrelevant to the point I was making. Surely, somebody who's so obviously well-educated can see that, right?

Cerebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cerebris
I agree that technically multi-player means multiple players but I consider offline and non competitive multiplayer to be "co-op".
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
I want to but I kinda want to wait to see the review and hear how long it is before I buy it.