Are Xbox 360 slims any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ahawkua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ahawkua
Member since 2016 • 44 Posts

Are Xbox 360 slims any good?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Excellent machines, the only "weak" spot I see in them is the rubber belt that operates the tray, with time it can become brittle and break or slip causing the tray to malfunction. They are better than the arcade and E versions, you can still get a NIB for a good price.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts

I've had one for 7 years now, absolutely no issues to report.

strongparkour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 strongparkour
Member since 2016 • 192 Posts

I've got a Xbox 360 S but there are a few disadvantages, so, here they are:

• It overheats after about an hour or two
  • It's had a heck of a ton of reports related to it's famous "Red ring of death"
  • On the Xbox one you can just slide the disc into the console, on the 360 S you can't plus the only issue I've had with that is once I put a FIFA 11 disc into the 360 tray, it started loading it, when that happened the console started making a really loud, strange noise. Then I ejected the tray and guess what? The console destroyed my disc, well... not literally but it had like this massive circle shaped scratch on the disc, sadly It never played again :(.
  • Now, these days the 360 is becoming cheaper and less popular

I still have the 360 for some reason, even though I've now got an Xbox One 500GB. Depending on your opinion, I'd go for an Xbox One. They may be a heck of a load of cash to buy, but trust me It's the best console I've owned this year.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Haven't had any issues here. Though, my original 360 (the model that was so susceptible to hardware failures) is still going too...

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes the Xbox 360 slim consoles are great. I have both an Xbox 360 S console 320GB Gears of War limited edition version of the "S console" and an Xbox 360 E console. In addition to the regular Xbox 360 20GB console.

But the original Xbox 360 console ended up dying on me. So I replaced it, Then got the Slim versions of Xbox 360 Console "S" and "E" The slim and super slim are much better versions of Xbox 360. less chance of overheating and dying.

The Xbox 360 E console has 1 less USB port (4) than the Xbox 360 S console (5) and the power supply port has been redesigned. The Xbox 360 "S" and "E" consoles are more reliable than the original Xbox 360 versions. This is important since now the only Xbox 360 consoles are second hand. So buying a Slim S or Super Slim E Xbox 360 consoles are "safer" than taking a chance on the original models. MS discontinued making Xbox 360 consoles May 15th 2016. But Xbox live on-line still works for all Xbox 360 consoles. So with a game library spanning 2005-2016 Xbox 360 slims will continue to be enjoyed on-line.