Anyone else Underwhelmed by the Xbox One?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Being a bit of a die-hard Xbox fan I watched the Xbox One reveal with anticipation but I have to say I was seriously disappointed.

It seems the future is Kinnect? So waving your arms about like a loon is easier than moving your thumb 5mm on a remote control? As I have never been a fan of talking to inanimate objects the whole approach of voice control has left me cold and is a serious put off for me. Let's hope it is better than Siri as anyone with a colloquial dialect is going to have issues (and I am one of them).

The TV integration is a welcome addition but I need more info on subscription services, will it just pick up Freeview in the UK? That is good but still wouldnt make it the 'One' box for most households which have subscriptions to Virgin or Sky TV. I need my next console to record live TV, I had expected that as a given in the spec as the PS3 has had it with an add-on for years - but it wasn't mentioned which is kind of worrying.

And I was expecting more from the games on show, having seen BF4 gameplay videos for the PC I had expected the Xbox One footage to be  its equal if not better. Again I was a bit disappointed. The CoD footage was tasty but the other stuff wasn't spellbinding.

There was certainly nothing in the presentation  to make me rush out and pre-order - which is the opposite of my reaction when the 360 was announced. Last time I got both a PS3 and 360 and the PS3 became just a blue-ray player after a while as the 360 was leaps and bounds ahead. This time I think Microsoft have seriously got it wrong by putting so much stock into kinnect as a control mechanism. Didnt they think that might isolate their core audience, or anyone who wants to relax when watching TV? Makes me wonder if the focus groups were made up entirely of Microsoft employees friends and families. What if someone is snoozing in the chair and you have to shout Xbox Snap Bing Apart from looking and feeling like a loon you would give them the shock of their lives.

Sorry the above is mostly negative but I'm pretty disappointed in what I have seen so far. I will have to reserve judgement until E3 to decide which console I will get next gen and until last night I had fully expected that to be the Xbox again.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
In short , i was expecting way more .. Im more into PS4 atm , lets see E3.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I wouldn't say underwhelmed....more like shocked that MS gave the core-base the finger!! "BUT" lets just wait until E3...hopefully they can make it up to us then.:)

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Being a bit of a die-hard Xbox fan I watched the Xbox One reveal with anticipation but I have to say I was seriously disappointed.

It seems the future is Kinnect? So waving your arms about like a loon is easier than moving your thumb 5mm on a remote control? As I have never been a fan of talking to inanimate objects the whole approach of voice control has left me cold and is a serious put off for me. Let's hope it is better than Siri as anyone with a colloquial dialect is going to have issues (and I am one of them).

The TV integration is a welcome addition but I need more info on subscription services, will it just pick up Freeview in the UK? That is good but still wouldnt make it the 'One' box for most households which have subscriptions to Virgin or Sky TV. I need my next console to record live TV, I had expected that as a given in the spec as the PS3 has had it with an add-on for years - but it wasn't mentioned which is kind of worrying.

And I was expecting more from the games on show, having seen BF4 gameplay videos for the PC I had expected the Xbox One footage to be  its equal if not better. Again I was a bit disappointed. The CoD footage was tasty but the other stuff wasn't spellbinding.

There was certainly nothing in the presentation  to make me rush out and pre-order - which is the opposite of my reaction when the 360 was announced. Last time I got both a PS3 and 360 and the PS3 became just a blue-ray player after a while as the 360 was leaps and bounds ahead. This time I think Microsoft have seriously got it wrong by putting so much stock into kinnect as a control mechanism. Didnt they think that might isolate their core audience, or anyone who wants to relax when watching TV? Makes me wonder if the focus groups were made up entirely of Microsoft employees friends and families. What if someone is snoozing in the chair and you have to shout Xbox Snap Bing Apart from looking and feeling like a loon you would give them the shock of their lives.

Sorry the above is mostly negative but I'm pretty disappointed in what I have seen so far. I will have to reserve judgement until E3 to decide which console I will get next gen and until last night I had fully expected that to be the Xbox again.

RocKtheCasbaH
you're not alone, everyone hates it. and i guarantee it's not going to sell.
Geomunjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Geomunjo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's basically an expensive media center. I'll pass.
sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Very underwhelmed here.

I watched like 3 minutes of the lauch and then went straight to bed, seeriously.

It feel like too small a jump from the Xbox360 and I'm still struggling to adjust to the design of the One. Remineds me of lagging frames.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Very underwhelmed here.

I watched like 3 minutes of the lauch and then went straight to bed, seeriously.

It feel like too small a jump from the Xbox360 and I'm still struggling to adjust to the design of the One. Remineds me of lagging frames.

sapphire54
The conference was just debuting the system and some games. E3 is all about the games! BUT, I don't give a shit until they get rid of the used games don't work and all that bla bla shit (I don't feel like going through all the details of it).
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

The reveal was basically this and every other piece of news that has come out about the system has been terrible. It would take one crazy fanboy who doesn't even care about video games to stick with them at this point.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i was left disapointed so they better shoow us some games at E3.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
XBox One looks horrible.. hopefully they have lots of awesome games lined up to counter act the useless features they focused on during the announcement.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legolas_Katarn
XBox One looks horrible.. hopefully they have lots of awesome games lined up to counter act the useless features they focused on during the announcement.Rattlesnake_8

i was left disapointed so they better shoow us some games at E3.

sukraj
With no interesting or useful features shown for the console and more and more horrible news about it coming out I have no idea why you would want them to have a great E3 showing. If the device/console/etc itself is terrible and the company behind it is doing terrible things I don't want to be given reasons to buy one, especially not in an industry where the games could have just gone to another system if the One didn't exist.
WinsteadVolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 WinsteadVolve
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

TV, TV, TV, TV, Halo TV Series, NFL cost us alot so we will advertise that, TV, TV, TV... a couple of games, one of which has a good looking dog. And that's what we have to offer on our new GAMING console. Yes, Disappointment is an understatement.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I wouldn't say underwhelmed....more like shocked that MS gave the core-base the finger!!

MarcRecon
That's what was so insulting. So that's why i am not getting this at launch
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

I wouldn't say underwhelmed....more like shocked that MS gave the core-base the finger!!

The_Last_Ride

stop being a girl. you haven't paid them anything yet and they haven shown everything. Grow up.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

XxAK47xX

stop being a girl. you haven't paid them anything yet and they haven shown everything. Grow up.

They showed the new features of their console and there have been constant news releases about other things the console and MS are doing. What else are you waiting for?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

It was... not good. 

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

XxAK47xX

Well, giving someone the finger is enough....anything more then that is overkill:|

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

XxAK47xX

i am not being a girl. I am a guy, and that is sexist btw. I am being smart by not buying their product

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] That's what was so insulting. So that's why i am not getting this at launchLegolas_Katarn

They showed the new features of their console and there have been constant news releases about other things the console and MS are doing. What else are you waiting for?

They have only show a little bit of the dashboard and no games. Once gain to repeat a millionth time, E3 will be for the gamers. said by ever single Representative / worker at Microsoft. They will be shitting games out of their ass at the confrence. being the cry baybies that this website is clutterd with will still find something to bitch about. Not pointing any figures. 

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] That's what was so insulting. So that's why i am not getting this at launchThe_Last_Ride

i am not being a girl. I am a guy, and that is sexist btw. I am being smart by not buying their product

ok that fine, but make your decision when both company's have put everything on the table rather that making things up and making someone/company look bad because they could show every detail in a 50 minute window. They would need 4 hours to sit down and show off all the features. In this case Microsoft said that lets show some of the "other features so we can put it aside. Then being the gaming console it is,  we'll use most of the time at the  GAMING PARADISE to show all the games they are offering to our loyal customers. 

Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
It really sounds like they're trying to appeal to the new breed of "casual tablet gamers" and not on gamers..I'll still buy one though. :(
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Legolas_Katarn

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="XxAK47xX"] stop being a girl. you haven't paid them anything yet and they haven shown everything. Grow up. XxAK47xX

They have only show a little bit of the dashboard and no games. Once gain to repeat a millionth time, E3 will be for the gamers. said by ever single Representative / worker at Microsoft. They will be shitting games out of their ass at the confrence. being the cry baybies that this website is clutterd with will still find something to bitch about. Not pointing any figures. 

Games won't be a factor in my decision.
lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

I'm not interested in the Xbox One, at least not yet- gotta see what it can actually do first. Best part of all this that I can see is the price of 360 and all its related accessories will drop way down and make it all just that much easier to buy. That part works just fine for me.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

I feel like Im the only one who heard them say they were announcing 15 exclusives,8 of them new games,at E3.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"] stop being a girl. you haven't paid them anything yet and they haven shown everything. Grow up. XxAK47xX

ok that fine, but make your decision when both company's have put everything on the table rather that making things up and making someone/company look bad because they could show every detail in a 50 minute window. They would need 4 hours to sit down and show off all the features. In this case Microsoft said that lets show some of the "other features so we can put it aside. Then being the gaming console it is,  we'll use most of the time at the  GAMING PARADISE to show all the games they are offering to our loyal customers. 

The drm is enough for me to be a deal breaker, and that has been confirmed
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Well given the topic creater you are living in the UK as i am, it seem's you haven't completely got it, the whole conference of a games console consisted more about tv and inter linking your xbox one and other apps coming at a subscription price, was all aimed at???? yep you guessed it just america, no where else as of yet, 

I've had enough of these silly people telling me to wait for E3 not being funny but them being in the console market, and the only people who were going to sit and watch a conference about the new xbox one were going to be gamers and they decide to set there whole presentation around tv, is beyond me, 15 new exclusive of which 8 are new ip's and still non of them could of been shown except 2 of them forza5 and quantum break non of which even had a small snip of gameplay for fans to get excited about. and how many of these are going to be kinect. it's a given halo, gears of war, and maybe even fable are going to try come save the day but i don't see it happening. i wish i could be more positive but i honestly believe they are moving away from the games market to the multi media market and trying to compete there the only problem is they may have the same problem like the Wii U did and the fact non gamers don't care about new hardware aslong as they have a console what does fun things for them, they wont care about upgrading to a brand new kinect when they already have one, non gamers have better things to spend there money on. 

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

no not really, pretty much what i expected at the ps4 reveal. don't get why everyone's so disappointed, really.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#30 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I'm underwhelmed by everything I've heard about the next consoles, regardless of company.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm underwhelmed by everything I've heard about the next consoles, regardless of company.

Blueresident87

Really what did you want from them

Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts
Like everyone else, I was disappointed as well. Still not gona give up hope though. E3 is around the corner.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

bezza2011

Really what did you want from them

It's more being disappointed with the direction of the industry, not necessarily one company/console or another. I was perfectly happy to have video games exist in a niche, not seeing ridiculous advertisements (Dead Space 3 to Phil Collins was nearly a breaking point for my sanity...) of big budget games on tv and a focus on multimedia and gimmicks that seem to distract from what these machines were created for in the first place. I want a system that literally will not turn on properly unless I am playing a game, or if there must be a menu make it one that shows me things about games, not one that tells me when the next Kesha album or Walking Dead Season comes out or whatever. The commercialism bothers me and that commercialism will not go away, it will only get worse.

PC gaming is not separate from this either, it's just far more prevalent on consoles. What's funny is PC gamers brag about graphics and talk about how their method of gaming is superior, but that's exactly the problem. Who cares? Once people begin to act pretentiously about something as arbitrary as another's method of playing video games, that's venturing into being pathetic.

I don't like the constant attempts to 'one-up' each other between all the companies and developers. A good example of this aside from the consoles themselves is when games label themselves as 'JUST LIKE CALL OF DUTY' and 'JUST LIKE SKYRIM' as though some minor similarity guarantees success because those games sold well. I understand that this is just the nature of marketing, but marketing also causes this over-saturation with comparisons and establishment of a 'pinnacle' for games to strive towards.

It's not the same as the Nintendo/Sega war stuff; there is plenty of room in gaming for multiple companies to share, but greed ruins most things and gaming is headed down that road. 

I enjoy gaming too much to write it off entirely, and I will be buying a console at some point. But it's discouraging.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#34 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
In short , i was expecting way more .. Im more into PS4 atm , lets see E3.AzatiS
I was content with what I saw, there isn't really much more they can do as far as gaming experiences go.The games we have now are just fine and I just don't see how it could get that much better
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="XxAK47xX"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] That's what was so insulting. So that's why i am not getting this at launch

the truth
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

no not really, pretty much what i expected at the ps4 reveal. don't get why everyone's so disappointed, really.

destinhpark
their idiots
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

i-rock-socks
their idiots

or you are...a very valid argument methinks.
MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MikeMasonUK
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Will I be paying more for the XBOX ONE console because Microsoft has spent over $400 Million on a NFL contract? They've also spent a fortune with Nickelodeon, Paramount Movies, Machinima and Univision Videos. They've also signed a huge contract with the NBA and ESPN. Will Americans get these channels free on the XBOX 360? Or would they need a cable subscription to be able to view these channels on the XBOX ONE? Will I get Sky or Virgin only channels free on the XBOX ONE or just free view? In short. As a British male I'm not paying an extra £100 and higher XBOX Live fees on the XBOX ONE. So some American and watch crap American sports on his XBOX ONE.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Geminon
[QUOTE="MikeMasonUK"]Will I be paying more for the XBOX ONE console because Microsoft has spent over $400 Million on a NFL contract? They've also spent a fortune with Nickelodeon, Paramount Movies, Machinima and Univision Videos. They've also signed a huge contract with the NBA and ESPN. Will Americans get these channels free on the XBOX 360? Or would they need a cable subscription to be able to view these channels on the XBOX ONE? Will I get Sky or Virgin only channels free on the XBOX ONE or just free view? In short. As a British male I'm not paying an extra £100 and higher XBOX Live fees on the XBOX ONE. So some American and watch crap American sports on his XBOX ONE.

lol "crap" american sports.... i suppose you think soccer (**** you, im not calling it football) is the only legitimate sport. little brit wanker... you wonder why the rest of the world thinks your country is full of folks with sticks rammed up their asses. MS is an American company, and America provides the bulk of their sales... so you can **** right off if you think MS is going to cater to your interests. they are targeting a demographic... and that is 18-39 year old American males... get over it.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="XxAK47xX"] stop being a girl. you haven't paid them anything yet and they haven shown everything. Grow up. i-rock-socks

the truth

Yea, because MS is the only company to ever reveal info about a new product like this. Get real.

Avatar image for doggy47perfecto
doggy47perfecto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 doggy47perfecto
Member since 2004 • 3646 Posts
totally..
Avatar image for RumblSmoothSkin
RumblSmoothSkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RumblSmoothSkin
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts

I've seen nearly every system launch/announcment since the begining. I can sit here and say that the Xbox One is boarderline the most underwelming welcoming of a console yet, next to the Sega Saturn.

alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

The reveal was basically this and every other piece of news that has come out about the system has been terrible. It would take one crazy fanboy who doesn't even care about video games to stick with them at this point.

Legolas_Katarn

Because Sony has showed so many awesome games....

-billion dollar commitment to games and opening new studios

-15 exclusives

-cloud gaming connected to 300,000 servers

-dedicated servers for every online game

-improved controller with some pretty cook rumble features

-improved kinect with one of the coolest TV integrations I have ever seen

-biggest third party publisher backing their conference, not Sony's.

-intriguing new title in Quantum Break that's actually trying to do something different than CoD/Killzone 4/racer

Yeah...so much bad news. What? What exactly is so bad about that? Only one freaking thing was negative. Used games. Which will be the case for both. Everything else sounds great to me!

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Geminon

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

The reveal was basically this and every other piece of news that has come out about the system has been terrible. It would take one crazy fanboy who doesn't even care about video games to stick with them at this point.

alexwatchtower

-billion dollar commitment to games and opening new studios

-15 exclusives

-intriguing new title in Quantum Break that's actually trying to do something different than CoD/Killzone 4/racer

Yeah...so much bad news. What? What exactly is so bad about that? Only one freaking thing was negative. Used games. Which will be the case for both. Everything else sounds great to me!

-and yet they spent 50 minutes about TV.... 10 minutes about games. -none of which they said anything about, and most could be kinect games that nobody wants -no information given on how useful this will even be...or how integrated it will even be -i seem to recall a lot of talk about dedicated servers for a lot of 360 games that never actually happened.... hmmm -wooo rumble features... that hasnt been around for over 10 years.... -goody, you can talk to your TV instead of just pressing a button on a remote.... how much more lazy can we all get -worlds #1 worst company partnering with the worlds #1 most greedy company....sounds like a win for everyone *rolls eyes* -absolutely no real gameplay shown and no real information about the game... plus the trailer was HORRIBLE and corny interesting..... way to see the silver lining buddy.
alexwatchtower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alexwatchtower
Member since 2010 • 1561 Posts

[QUOTE="alexwatchtower"]

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

Geminon

billion dollar commitment to games and opening new studios

-15 exclusives

-and yet they spent 50 minutes about TV.... 10 minutes about games. -none of which they said anything about, and most could be kinect games that nobody wants -no information given on how useful this will even be...or how integrated it will even be -i seem to recall a lot of talk about dedicated servers for a lot of 360 games that never actually happened.... hmmm -wooo rumble features... that hasnt been around for over 10 years.... -goody, you can talk to your TV instead of just pressing a button on a remote.... how much more lazy can we all get -worlds #1 worst company partnering with the worlds #1 most greedy company....sounds like a win for everyone *rolls eyes* -absolutely no real gameplay shown and no real information about the game... plus the trailer was HORRIBLE and corny interesting..... way to see the silver lining buddy.

- actually they split it up pretty good to try to cover everyone because it's a console reveal for everyone, not just hardcore gamers in a forum. you want to be the center of their attention at the reveal when the guys who make the most money for this industry, don't really spend their time bitching and moaning about a company on forums, and you think they should just be told they're stupid, dudebros and should come second to someone like you who sounds so supportive...yah keep waiting.

-they have, you just haven't been paying attention. get informed! been talking about it for a week now in the PG forum.

-they have 300,000 servers now, so I would take their word on it

-you obviously didn't take the time to see improvements made on the rumble

-yes that's actually really good and cool

-what the **** does this have to do with me as a gamer? I don't give a shit about politics when we're talking about developer support. Is this about gaming or are you looking at corporations as some sort of humanitarians? I think you're seriously confused.

-yes it does actually

-COD was gameplay, so that's wrong. FM and QB were confirmed to be in engine.

And if none of the things I listed originally are what you want, and interest you, what the hell do you want? Consoles are for games, and they announced a big commitment, kick ass new age hardware, better online gaming, a better controller to play them with, and a whole bunch of exclusives. What exactly do you want then?

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I felt underwhelmed by the Xbox One as well. It's almost as if MS is conceding the console/gaming war to Sony on the next gen of gaming systems and focusing more on the entertainment/media hub style with added games. But like everyone says, I'll wait for more news to come and see what happens...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

And I was expecting more from the games on show, having seen BF4 gameplay videos for the PC I had expected the Xbox One footage to be its equal if not better. Again I was a bit disappointed. The CoD footage was tasty but the other stuff wasn't spellbinding.

There was certainly nothing in the presentation to make me rush out and pre-order - which is the opposite of my reaction when the 360 was announced. Last time I got both a PS3 and 360 and the PS3 became just a blue-ray player after a while as the 360 was leaps and bounds ahead. This time I think Microsoft have seriously got it wrong by putting so much stock into kinnect as a control mechanism. Didnt they think that might isolate their core audience, or anyone who wants to relax when watching TV? Makes me wonder if the focus groups were made up entirely of Microsoft employees friends and families. What if someone is snoozing in the chair and you have to shout Xbox Snap Bing Apart from looking and feeling like a loon you would give them the shock of their lives.

RocKtheCasbaH

Benchmarks Radeon HD with 768 stream processors from http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196-5.html

0702%20Crysis2%20DX11.png

PS, AMD Radeon HD with 768 stream processors = AMD FirePro W5000.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Underwhelmed would be an understatement.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I feel like Im the only one who heard them say they were announcing 15 exclusives,8 of them new games,at E3.

xgraderx

It didn't get me excited. For one that already means almost half are franchises we've seen already - so expect more Halo, Gears, and Forza with maybe Fable in the mix as well. Of the 8 new exclusives, I'd say probably at least half are entirely Kinect-focused, leaving maybe 3-4 games with "core" potential. Whether these will be any good, only time will tell. But as it was, the promise of these new exclusives and then not seeing any gameplay and just one live-action trailer didn't do it for me.Â