Roll Call: Who would be willing to go to a new forum once GS shuts us down?

• 99 results
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

As I'm sure you've heard, GS is shutting unions and UCBs down. In order to keep WWEv "alive" we'll have to make a new forum somewhere else.

I realize that some people come to this union just out of habit or because it's easy since it's on gamespot so not everyone will be up to making the jump to the new forum. If you're not planning on coming with that's fine.

This thread is to help me figure out how many people will make the jump so that I can do a better job planning out the new forum.

I'll update this list as more people say they're willing to go.

List of users who would go to a new forum:

JML897
pokajabba
Razor-Lazor
The_Great_One2 (if the forum doesn't include WOTU)
cryceaye5 (only if I'm in charge)
Full_Metal1923
sephy37
The_Dude14
TruthTellers
-Fromage-
LEGOslayer
Dark_Hylian8
Ocelot619
AndyWilliams24
madmaxwarrior
FruityPebble
ToTheBank
Santos-2
-CoMBaT-

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
I'm 100% in.

I honestly hope everyone will come, but it's completely understandable if some do not. We could possibly make a small dedication thread to WWEv and to those individuals who could not or did not want to make the jump. We could give reasons to why we liked 'said' users (If you personally wanted to reflect on certain people you may have liked) and generally state things we will miss the most. Almost like a tribute to some degree.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
I apologize if I sent out that telegram multiple times. Glitchspot etc.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I'm in.
The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

Yes, but not with WOTU. 

'Nuff Said.  

cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cryceaye5
Member since 2011 • 1190 Posts

I'll join on one condition.

You have full control over the new forum if there is to be one. If not, i'm not waisting my time getting banned by the person who does. 

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
I'm in. This is the only union I visit since I originally departed from GameSpot. 
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

JML, remember when all of us faked out everyone by saying "I am leaving World Wrestling Everything". Well, this time its real. Its damn real.

Count me in.

Edit: Before this place dies, I would just like to remind everyone I came up with the name "WWEv" so you're welcome, America. 

Also 2nd best leader this union ever had 

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Yeah, I'm in, for whatever I'm worth these days.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Yessssss. I kinda expected you not to come with.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pokajabba
 Ha ha, you can practically see the relief on JML897's face XD

Not surprised, though. The_Dude14 is practically everyone's favourite person in this union. It simply wouldn't be the same if you weren't around, even if it's only the occasional comment once in every while.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
I'm more than willing seeing as how I quit my job. Have plenty of free time now to perform my officer duties. Money will be tight though, Dial-Up here I come... again :(
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sephy37

Ha ha, you can practically see the relief on JML897's face XD

Not surprised, though. The_Dude14 is practically everyone's favourite person in this union. It simply wouldn't be the same if you weren't around, even if it's only the occasional comment once in every while.pokajabba
I'm more than willing seeing as how I quit my job. Have plenty of free time now to perform my officer duties. Money will be tight though, Dial-Up here I come... again :(TruthTellers

What happened? Where did you work?

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="pokajabba"] Ha ha, you can practically see the relief on JML897's face XD

Not surprised, though. The_Dude14 is practically everyone's favourite person in this union. It simply wouldn't be the same if you weren't around, even if it's only the occasional comment once in every while.sephy37

I'm more than willing seeing as how I quit my job. Have plenty of free time now to perform my officer duties. Money will be tight though, Dial-Up here I come... again :(TruthTellers

I was the gatekeeper to the seventh circle of hell. Bit too rowdy for my tastes. Anyway, once we get to this new forum, can we bury the hatchet and move on to make the world of wrestling a better place?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897

I think I'm going to tell WOTU that I'm not interested in merging with them anymore. There seem to be more people from WWEv willing to jump to a new forum than I expected. The main reason I wanted to merge with WOTU is because I was worried only like 3 people from here would want to go and then the new forum would die out immediately.

Plus I'm not sure I like the idea of joining up with a union whose leader sends people death threats when he gets frustrated. 

That's not to say the new forum would be closed to current WWEv members only. If any of the regular members who usually post in WOTU want to come with that'd be perfectly fine. If you guys here want to invite friends or anyone you can think of to join the new forum that would be fine too. Now that I'm not planning on officially "merging" with WOTU we will have full control over the new forum. 

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pokajabba

While I'm saddened from the fact you're making less income (That can be extremely demoralizing), I'm glad you stood up for yourself and showed them you wouldn't be treated the way you were anymore. Seriously, it practically sounded like you were miserable from working in that place and at least you may have a chance to work somewhere you enjoy now. Basically, you should be proud of yourself and try not to dwell on the decision you made, as it was probably for the best. I take it you won't be able to chat over Xbox Live anymore, at least until you find a new job?
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sephy37

I think we should accept merging with the because it doesn't hurt to have more people. In fact, a lot of them are good posters.

Besides, The_Last_Ride just suggested they merge with another board that already has 3 other unions and is focused only on video games. They need a better solution than that.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TruthTellers
I never had any problem with WOTU. I've posted on their forum and while they have a lot of people and some opinions can and are lost in the mix, they're alright. I've just always liked WWEv's tight knit group, we work well together... like me and the guys in the union at my old job.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

[QUOTE="pokajabba"] Ha ha, you can practically see the relief on JML897's face XD

Not surprised, though. The_Dude14 is practically everyone's favourite person in this union. It simply wouldn't be the same if you weren't around, even if it's only the occasional comment once in every while.TruthTellers

I was the gatekeeper to the seventh circle of hell. Bit too rowdy for my tastes. Anyway, once we get to this new forum, can we bury the hatchet and move on to make the world of wrestling a better place?

Yeah sure. I've always liked you. I just like giving you c***. Especially since all you seem focused on is Joshi and not HOW GORGEOUS TANAHOTTI IS! 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="sephy37"]

Not surprised, though. The_Dude14 is practically everyone's favourite person in this union. It simply wouldn't be the same if you weren't around, even if it's only the occasional comment once in every while.sephy37

Yeah sure. I've always liked you. I just like giving you c***. Especially since all you seem focused on is Joshi and not HOW GORGEOUS TANAHOTTI IS! 

You got a strange, alternative way of showing it. We should just have a Puro/Joshi wrestling thread in the new forum. It'll consist of me, you, and whatever hipster jumps in on occasion thinking he's superior to everyone else since he watches Puro.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JML897

But if we merge with WOTU then we'd lose cryceaye and "The_Great_One".

idk. I want control because I feel like I actually know what I'm doing. WOTU seems to be all over the place and have no idea what they want to do. I don't think they'd be happy if we merged and then the people running the show would be all from WWEv. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TruthTellers
We know what we want: to stick together and talk about wrestling. What's so hard about that?
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Full_Metal1923
Like JML897 said, the members there are free to join if they want. If we want full control however, I think it is best to pursue the new forum as a solo effort. We've functioned as a union with only a handful of us posting anyways, so moving along with that same group, plus any other interested parties is completely fine. We can set a tone and atmosphere that we are comfortable with first then the rest can follow. 
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sephy37
I say have a "WWEv Off-Topic" and "WOTU Off-Topic" besides the normal wrestling sections everyone posts in.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sephy37
It sounds like you worked at Gamestop
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TruthTellers
It sounds like you worked at Gamestopsephy37
Idk. Maybe. At least it's over now. I tried hard enough to ignore them and avoid them with off-shifts, but they made the decision for me. Kind of in the words of Vito Coroleone: They made an offer I couldn't accept.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JML897

I guess I will leave the door open for a full merger with WOTU. 

They have to agree to it too though, like I said they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off right now

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JML897

^

[QUOTE="JML897"]Heyyo what happened to that plan we had the other day?StaticKornSlipX
We are going through a process which will hopefully result in getting the most number of users to move to a different site. About the plan the other day, we will discuss it at some point but right now isn't the time.

Um

Okay then

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sephy37
"Going through a proces" meaning "HEY, WHO IS WILLING TO MOVE?!" and then saying "Oh yeah, there's one some other guys made...maybe they'll let us do a wrestling thing?"
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sephy37
We need a hero (Killerband)
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts

^

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="JML897"]Heyyo what happened to that plan we had the other day?JML897

We are going through a process which will hopefully result in getting the most number of users to move to a different site. About the plan the other day, we will discuss it at some point but right now isn't the time.

Um

Okay then

Comments like this don't help. I'm sorry you want to rush into the new forum already...I get where you are coming from. But we have multiple things to consider in the move which will include seperate discussions with members tied into the Wotu Roundtable.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JML897

Yeah and your post came after another post of mine where I said it'd be better to decide on one specific forum to go to.

I feel like the one who's rushing into things is The_Last_Ride and everyone who is joining the forum he linked to

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
What if Marcin comes back and we're all gone!? :(
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JML897

What if Marcin comes back and we're all gone!? :(Razor-Lazor

I informed Marcin about wwev's inevitable demise on last.fm. He has not responded yet. Not sure he cares

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897
Also I told Marcin that pokajabba was an officer now and his response to that was basically "WTF??!?!?"
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

Also I told Marcin that pokajabba was an officer now and his response to that was basically "WTF??!?!?"JML897

I'm sure that was everyones response.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JML897
he has been a really good officer though
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pokajabba
Also I told Marcin that pokajabba was an officer now and his response to that was basically "WTF??!?!?"JML897

Lmao, I don't really blame a reaction such as that XD

Could someone refresh my memory, though -- Who exactly is Marcin again?

I think I'm going to tell WOTU that I'm not interested in merging with them anymore. There seem to be more people from WWEv willing to jump to a new forum than I expected. The main reason I wanted to merge with WOTU is because I was worried only like 3 people from here would want to go and then the new forum would die out immediately.
Plus I'm not sure I like the idea of joining up with a union whose leader sends people death threats when he gets frustrated. 
That's not to say the new forum would be closed to current WWEv members only. If any of the regular members who usually post in WOTU want to come with that'd be perfectly fine. If you guys here want to invite friends or anyone you can think of to join the new forum that would be fine too. Now that I'm not planning on officially "merging" with WOTU we will have full control over the new forum. 
JML897

I think you underestimated the power of our union :P

I had a feeling we'd lose a couple of members, but I didn't think we would lose any more than 4-5 people at the most. I think joining WOTU was just a reaction plan due to such horrible news being thrown at us from out of the blue. I have nothing against those guys, and chances are we probably would have gotten a certain amount of authority and input when it came to a new wrestling home (And perhaps have gotten along with one another to boot). 

I mean we still have potentially more members to sign the 'roll call' (It's only been up for a short span of time), but even at this precise moment we have a strong enough band of wrestling fans to start our own new wrestling forum -- whether it's here, another website, or perhaps our very own website at some point in the future (It's possible). I guess we still have to wait and see what happens, but because of the dedicated members we have in this union (And the general bond as a group), I'm certain that we'll be alright, no matter what obstacle gets in our path.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Full_Metal1923
I think Chicago_Nut was Marcin. 
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I'd follow along to check it out. Though the plan is to join another forum and have our own subsection?
LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts

So I got 5 PMs from JML asking if I wanted to join up. I probably haven't posted here since Summerslam 2011, but I still lurk around every once in a while. I'm down with lurking a new forum, just PM me the link or post it here.

Oh, also, hey guys.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JML897

So I got 5 PMs from JML asking if I wanted to join up. I probably haven't posted here since Summerslam 2011, but I still lurk around every once in a while. I'm down with lurking a new forum, just PM me the link or post it here.

Oh, also, hey guys.

LEGOslayer

Jesus christ, 5? I figured at most it would've been 2.

Blame gamespot don't blame me

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JML897

I'd follow along to check it out. Though the plan is to join another forum and have our own subsection?-Fromage-

Well whatever forum we join will be an all-new forum. I will be an admin.
What we're trying to decide is if we're joining up with the Wrestling & Off-Topic Union or if it'll basically be all us. 

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
I'll come. Just pick one where we won't be sensored so TGO2 can tell everyone what it is exactly that they suck.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pokajabba

Oh, also, hey guys.

LEGOslayer

Hey, LEGOslayer!

I had been wondering where you disappeared off too. In fact, I again started thinking about some of the people whom had gone missing a couple of months ago. This included you, chicago_nut, and CDUB something. Although, I'm not particularly sure why it was specifically you guys. Maybe it's got something to do with me being terrible when it comes to remembering names and I simply can't picture the other members I had discussions with in this union (Whom have not stopped by for quite a while). Anyway, the point is that it's nice to see that you are alive and well :)
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TruthTellers
i wanna know where keiblerfan69 and madmaxwarrior went. Those were two very good posters and somebody needs to inform them of our plans to move to a new forum.
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

[QUOTE="LEGOslayer"]

Oh, also, hey guys.

JML897

Jesus christ, 5? I figured at most it would've been 2.

Blame gamespot don't blame me

Got 5 too. 

Anyhoo. 

*this is the part where GM gives his answer and reason why but Gamespot totattly %@$#^ it up*

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pokajabba
i wanna know where keiblerfan69 and madmaxwarrior went. Those were two very good posters and somebody needs to inform them of our plans to move to a new forum.TruthTellers

-CoMBaT- is a good poster, too. I missed having him around more often. 

I just realized that a chunk of the members who participated in the prize thread probably do not know about what's happening yet. This means we're bound to get a few more people to sign their names in here.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sephy37
sephy37 is a good poster too.