Breaking News -- ROB VAN DAM AND SABU ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES!

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

ROB VAN DAM AND SABU ARRESTED ON DRUG CHARGES
by Dave Scherer @ 1:12:00 PM on 7/3/2006

The Ironton Tribune is reporting today that Rob Van Dam and Sabu were arrested Sunday night as they were driving from yesterday's ECW show in Huntington, WV to tonight's Raw taping in Philadelphia, PA. RVD was driving the car near Hanging Rock, OH when they were pulled over for speeding. When the trooper approached the car, he smelled marijuana and performed a search. The story reported that RVD, real name Robert Szatowski, was found to have 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin in his possession.

The story also stated that Sabu, real name Terry Brunk, "was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP." They were cited and posted bond at the scene. They are both scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. on Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=18912&p=1

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
If this story is true then RVD will be losing the title tommorow night. I am willing to bet on that.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
RVD arrested for drugs...figures. I hope this doesn't mean these 2 will be punished by Vince...in really bad storylines. Or worse yet, fired, I hope that doesn't happen.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
As soon as I read that headline I knew they got arrested for drugs.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="mja2k3"] As soon as I read that headline I knew they got arrested for drugs.

Same here. I actually hope WWE does do something about this. RVD and Sabu are both getting pushes and they screw it up. I say drop them down the roster. Time for a Sandman push or maybe a Big Show push(I hate the thought of that).

Edit: Or even better. Let RVD keep the title. Show the CM Punk Vignettes and then book him against RVD first night and make him win. Get him some huge heel heat.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="mja2k3"] As soon as I read that headline I knew they got arrested for drugs.

Same here. I actually hope WWE does do something about this. RVD and Sabu are both getting pushes and they screw it up. I say drop them down the roster. Time for a Sandman push or maybe a Big Show push(I hate the thought of that).

Edit: Or even better. Let RVD keep the title. Show the CM Punk Vignettes and then book him against RVD first night and make him win. Get him some huge heel heat.

Hahaha your funny :lol:

But seriously Edge is definately winning both titles tomorrow now.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="trick_man01"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="mja2k3"] As soon as I read that headline I knew they got arrested for drugs.

I can dream can't I?
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trick_man01
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="trick_man01"] [QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="mja2k3"] As soon as I read that headline I knew they got arrested for drugs.

I can dream can't I?

I guess we all can.  I would love nothing more than to see CM Punk get a good push (although I do think this union has overhyped the hell out of him).  But there are bigger (sooner) fish to fry right now for WWE.
straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 straven_marven
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts
god dammit why did they have to screw it all up? RVD is no cena in the eyes of the mc mahons, and they will punish him horribly
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

I guess it's not really a surprise that this happened, it really was only a matter of time.

I would venture to guess that Edge will win his match with RVD now. However, I agree with keiblerfan69 on the use of CM Punk in taking the title from RVD.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trick_man01
No one has even talked about Sabu, he is the only other ECW guy that has gotten any sort of push in WWE.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wwervin
I saw somewhere that the McMahons actually like Sabu...I hope they keep some faith in him and don't completely drop him, I like Sabu.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="trick_man01"]No one has even talked about Sabu, he is the only other ECW guy that has gotten any sort of push in WWE.

Sabu in my opinion has no wrestling talent. He is a spot monkey and a glorified stuntman.
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts

Hillarious! I hope their pay drops and RVD loses both the ECW and WWE titles [but not to Edge, God forbid]

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

This is not good at all, especially since RVD is the main guy leading both RAW and ECW with their perspective titles. Just when RVD was finally living his dream...he screws it up. I can pretty much guarantee his run as champ...on both brands, is now over.

As for Sabu, well, he is one of the main figures of ECW and I would be very disappointed to see the back of him after reading about his arrest.

It's looking all-so tragic for ECW right now, but more specifically, RVD's position in the WWE right now.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trick_man01

This is not good at all, especially since RVD is the main guy leading both RAW and ECW with their perspective titles. Just when RVD was finally living his dream...he screws it up. I can pretty much guarantee his run as champ...on both brands, is now over.

As for Sabu, well, he is one of the main figures of ECW and I would be very disappointed to see the back of him after reading about his arrest.

It's looking all-so tragic for ECW right now, but more specifically, RVD's position in the WWE right now.

hbk91

Agreed.  He's not going to get fired but I think he may be a jobber for a while.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

This is not good at all, especially since RVD is the main guy leading both RAW and ECW with their perspective titles. Just when RVD was finally living his dream...he screws it up. I can pretty much guarantee his run as champ...on both brands, is now over.

hbk91

My thoughts exactly!

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

Agreed.  He's not going to get fired but I think he may be a jobber for a while.trick_man01
they may start treating him like they're treating hardy right now.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hbk91

The following is an article from The Ironton Tribune (irontontribune.com):

Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock
By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

HANGING ROCK — Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn’t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the “Extreme Rules Match” on the Sci-Fi channel.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

Avatar image for nintendogamer19
nintendogamer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendogamer19
Member since 2006 • 4676 Posts
This is probly music to the ears of Edge
Curry_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Curry_Man
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
HA-HA! Nobody gets higher than Rob Van Dam! :lol:
straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 straven_marven
This is probly music to the ears of Edgenintendogamer19

...backstage isent kayfabe
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

Well all I have to say is, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Drugs are bad

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lilhbk
HA-HA! Nobody gets higher than Rob Van Dam! :lol:Curry_Man
lol das true...i mean 18 grams:lol:....anyways....hopefully they dont fire him
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts

Well, they are both idiots. Van Dam will never get another WWE title shot, and Sabu will more then likely just drift into the distance. Hopefully they can keep there jobs though

MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

so, I guess sabu was going to be rvd's partner on RAW.

but anyway, this is just terrible. I wonder what hte McMahon's will do...

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts

Well, they are both idiots. Van Dam will never get another WWE title shot, and Sabu will more then likely just drift into the distance. Hopefully they can keep there jobs though

tidus_swain

They won't fire them. They are the faces of the new ECW right now, it would be horrible business if they were to frie them. Ric Flair got arrested and they didn't fire him. You guys are overeacting, they'll get punished...but not fired.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hbk91

I wouldn't say fired, but I sure wouldn't knock out the possibility of them both getting suspended, if not RVD, then Sabu.

If they've done the same to Mercury (from MNM) and have even suspended 'Golden-Boy' Masters, it is obvious that Vince has been serious about the new drug policy -- no excuses whatsoever.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trick_man01
[QUOTE="tidus_swain"]

mja2k3

They won't fire them. They are the faces of the new ECW right now, it would be horrible business if they were to frie them. Ric Flair got arrested and they didn't fire him. You guys are overeacting, they'll get punished...but not fired.

Yeah but there was very little evidence in the Ric Flair case (I don't think it ever really got off the ground).  This is certaintly not that situation.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

Also posted on WWE.com:

WWE investigating Rob Van Dam and Sabu charges
By Ed Williams III
July 3, 2006

In the wake of being faced with five violations, including drug possession, by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, WWE.com reports that Rob Van Dam and Sabu arrived at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia at 1:30 p.m. today and immediately went into a meeting with Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis.

Following the meeting, Mr. Laurinaitis told WWE.com that Rob Van Dam and Sabu will be eligible to compete tonight on RAW and tomorrow night at ECW on Sci Fi while an ongoing investigation is being conducted by World Wrestling Entertainment. The two men will be appearing in court Thursday morning at Ironton Municipal Court.

According to the Ironton Tribune, Rob Van Dam and Sabu were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock, Ohio at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday night. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the Ohio State Police, as reported by the Ironton Tribune, Van Dam was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found RVD in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Sabu was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 straven_marven
great this is going to be part of an angle, this deserves to stay backstage and off television screens
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wwervin
I don't think it'll be an angle. I think they're trying to show everyone that they are serious on the drug policy.
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lilhbk
I don't think it'll be an angle. I think they're trying to show everyone that they are serious on the drug policy.wwervin
hmm no, i think they gonna have Edge make fun of them just like when flair..and then have a feud...and well Edge get titles
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

Wait...didn't Flair beat the crap out of somebody on the Highway?...what happened to him?

Then didn't. Randy Orton b!tch out a desk clerk? And he got suspended.

...The fact it was a bunch of kids dressed up as a state trooper and Van Dam was too baked to know the difference. Frigging Cena fans.

straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 straven_marven

.....The fact it was a bunch of kids dressed up as a State trooper and Van Dam was to baked to know the difference. frigging Cena fans.

TheGm86

um yes....
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGm86"]

.....The fact it was a bunch of kids dressed up as a State trooper and Van Dam was to baked to know the difference. frigging Cena fans.

straven_marven

um yes....

See even he agrees about the frigin Cena fans dressing up as state troopers and trying to black mail RVD so the WWE strips him of the belt.....damn them DAMN THE TO HELL!

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I expected RVD, but I guess Sabu is "Homicidal, Genocidal, Suicidal, and Stoned" now.

If anyone in WWE thinks this is a surprise, they're stupid.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Hillarious! I hope their pay drops and RVD loses both the ECW and WWE titles [but not to Edge, God forbid]

AndYOU

Then to who? :| Cena? 
Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
Wow WWE screwed up on their page.

Who will walk away from Philadelphis with the gold? <From WWE.com

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hbk91

Uh-oh...

WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy:

13. DISCIPLINE FOR VIOLATION OF LAW

Any Talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal.

Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
Thas OWNAGE!

Uh-oh...

Any Talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal.

hbk91
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

how sad. let's hope they don't get fired.

straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 straven_marven

Uh-oh...

hbk91

i guess well be seeing sabu back in tna....
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
Thas OWNAGE!
[QUOTE="hbk91"]

Uh-oh...

Dark_NoobSaibot

Uh-Oh is right. If WWE sticks to this then Van Dam and Sabu are out of there (and others who woul not have been found yet)
oreoshane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 oreoshane
Member since 2005 • 4472 Posts
OH NOEZ! This could very well be the beggining of the end for ECW. I'm just gonna wait until they start drug testing on ECW guys and watch them get punished/fired/suspended by the..... hmm.... tens?
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

The key word there was "subject to immeadiate dismissal."  It does not mean they will be fired and I am very confident RVD won't be fired.  It just means WWE has every right to fire them and win any kind of "wrongful termination" trial with ease.

At worst, I see RVD getting a suspension and probably some mandatory rehab or counciling or something, after he drops the title and upon his return getting the Matt Hardy treatment.  At best, I see him probably getting mandatory treatment of some kind, while getting the Matt Hardy treatment.  I don't see them firing Sabu, either, but you can be certain both men are on thin ice and rightfully so.

hbk91 put it best calling this tragic but RVD has no one to blame but himself.  He was on top of the world and he blew it for himself.  I guess we know who will be tapping to the STFU tonight and who will probably be losing his title tomorrow.  I just hope WWE at least allows the two matches to be good.

Flamerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flamerman
Member since 2004 • 242 Posts

keiblerfan69
It also works if Cm punk is with his Straight Edge Gimmick with the drugs and all that stuff if this becomes an angle
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Boy, what a birthday present for me (yes, today happens to be my birthday).  You have to appreciate the irony, though.  Its going to really be awesome when RVD's tapping out to the STFU :|.
superman2412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 superman2412
Member since 2004 • 4120 Posts
this is were wwe excepts what they said for certain superstars
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wwervin

Boy, what a birthday present for me (yes, today happens to be my birthday).  You have to appreciate the irony, though.  Its going to really be awesome when RVD's tapping out to the STFU :|.The_Dude14

Happy birthday man!