DBZ180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 DBZ180
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
What is your favorite character special weapon in the Twisted Metal series? Mine is Sweet Tooth's special in Twisted Metal: Black. It's just awesome seeing his ice cream truck transform into the giant robot and shoot all those missiles.
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 raziellich
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
Ditto. There is nothing that trumps that special. I have a hard time picking anyone else to play in Black simply because that special is damned fun to use.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 DMethot
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts
It's definitely good, but I like Brimstone's better. Nothing like a cult follower lying in the back of a El Camino willing to kill themselves for a religious freak. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. Fits the game so well.
Avatar image for yellowshinygold
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 yellowshinygold
Member since 2009 • 6953 Posts
my special is Sweet tooth from TMB.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts
I have to agree that Sweet Tooth had an awesome special in TMB and TML, but I don't think it was strong enough. Now if you look at Sweet Tooth's special in Twisted Metal 4, now that was a special! It could take out most competitors in with just one special! Still, seeing that pretty much everything about that special was massively overdone, I'd say my favorite special was Twister from TM2 and TMHO. I loved just ripping done the streets of Paris using that special, and slamming my opponents into walls with the winds. Unfortunately, the awesome special was let done by the Formula 1 car's very low armour, so you can't be reckless at all with it. Still, that my favorite special of Twisted Metal (I have other's, they'll probably be revealed as we progress through further in the thread.)
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raziellich

Moon Buggy! That's it. Thanks!

And I was just thinking I should slap myself for forgetting Calypso's special in TM 4. It was a frickin' nuke! 

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yellowshinygold
you can't play Calypso since he is the guy that gives rewards,what games i missed ?
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raziellich
In TM 4, Sweet Tooth steals the ring that gives Calypso his powers and takes over the contest. Calypso enters as a contestant and drives a nuke mobile.
Avatar image for MasterOfSprites
MasterOfSprites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 MasterOfSprites
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
My favorite has to be the Mr. Grimm's scyth in TMB, I got good with that damn thing. Beat minion in one try. It was beautiful.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yellowshinygold
Mr Grimm was cool,just wait and get 5 Special attacks,freeze Minion and you win in a few seconds.

yeah but the problem is that he is weak and using him in normal car battles is hard.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MuddyMaestro
Could you imagine Mr. Grimm with high armor? He would be unstopable!
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yellowshinygold
the multyplayer Minion has perfect armor and Special,don't need speed for nothing.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MuddyMaestro

Err, I'd say handling a speed are pretty important. If you don't have speed or handling, it makes it much more difficult to reach certain areas (Especially in a battleground like Paris.), and if you're being horassed by a opponent, it is difficult to get away if you don't have the stats to show for it. I'd say the most important stats, in order, are:

1. Special Attack
  2. Armor
  3. Speed
  4. Handling

Of course, special attack and armor are the most important stats; if you don't have a good amount of one or another, you have a crappy competitor. Take Grasshopper in TM2, she had great speed and handling, but had a sub-par Leap n' Slam special and the lowest possible armor, making her the hardest driver to win the game with.

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellowshinygold
but if you use the special of minion in TMB its a flame almost impossible to evade and normally kills or leaves the oponents near death,just driving through them is enough after Minion attacks them.

i used Minion,i saw no way that he needed speed.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MuddyMaestro
Well, of course, that's a boss, so Minion is almost maxed out in the two most important stats, its special weapon and armor. Let's look at another scenario though. Let's say we have a competitor that's being flamed by TMB's Warthog. With speed and handling, the driver will be able to outrun and outmaneuver Warthog and avoid further damage, while one that doesn't have such speed and handling stats will take more damage. It is also very important in positioning yourself to attack with heavier weapons like power missles, as if you have a difficult time lining yourself up you will miss numerous chances. Of course, all these stats can mean the world, or nothing to you depending on your style of play. I'm a run and gun sorta player, I don't hang in the middle of a battle for too long, so speed and handling are more important than they may be to you YSG, depending on your style of play.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yellowshinygold
my style is to win all battles,i never lose,i learned to use all cars to their 100% power but if the car is bad i could lose to a human player,but i don't lose to the CPU.

i may never know,since i only got sis to play and she uses minion to make the fight evenly fair.

in my case i like attacks that connect to other cars,sure, a big wave that is strong and fails,how can you win if you don't connect attacks very well?i like strong attacks that are easy to use.you are right,its hard to hit and run if you are slow but if i get a slow car i simply just change the strategy,i can work all cars.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yellowshinygold
i forgot to say that the handling of a car is nothing to worry,i can drive anything.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DMethot
Yeah I was never really big on the slower guys (Mr. Slam, Manslaughter, etc.). Always loved the speed guys with a good special.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yellowshinygold
it depends your style.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DMethot
Definitely. Its still fun to try the other characters and unlock their videos and stuff.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yellowshinygold
the first time i played i could not unlock the story of one character,next time i play i unlock them all.
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 raziellich

That's the great thing about the whole TM series. It is incredibly well balanced, so that it depends not on the car, but on the skill of the driver to determine the winner. Starting out, I used to only use the big guys, but I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable with almost any car. In fact, last night I was having a blast with Grasshopper in TM Head On and played about six levels without dying, most of the time destroying opponents left and right. Thanks to her special and speed, the enemies were never able to get away from me.

Of course, that special is nothing when you're up against Tower Tooth. 

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yellowshinygold
Tower Tooth?you mean Sweet Tooth?
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raziellich

Nope. Tower Tooth. That's the name of the boss for Head On. Basically, its a giant tower of death on wheels. The crazy thing is you fight Dark Tooth before him, and you're lives just aren't enough.

It's hard.

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DMethot
I've never played Head-On but thats interesting though, I had never heard of Tower Tooth before now
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yellowshinygold
i can't believe.
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raziellich
Youtube it sometime. I've seen some impressive vids where somone found a spot the dude couldn't attack and managed to win without taking a hit.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yellowshinygold
you tube is cool.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MuddyMaestro

I never unlocked Tower Tooth in TMHO. I think I only need to win the tournament one more time, I'l try it out soon. There's one thing that puzzles me though. Why would they only make Tower Tooth available in the Roman Deathmatch level, and not on the Tokyo Streets where you battled it? I really don't get that.

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yellowshinygold
some things have no explanation.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DMethot
Did Tower Tooth have a special? Or was it more of a Hammerhead kind of thing where you just ram into other cars.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yellowshinygold
who knows.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MuddyMaestro

*Checks the FAQ*

Okay, according to TwistedRyu's FAQ, here is TT's special:

"Tower Tooth's special is essentially Cousin Eddy's upgraded special, although it's not as powerful. It automatically targets the nearest enemy, no need to aim. In multiplayer, the flamethrower can be a good threat when you combine it with your machine gun fire."

Prettty weak compared to Dark Tooth's really. Remember Dark Tooth from Twisted Metal 2, now that boss was the bomb! Still, TT has double the armor what Dark Tooth had, but it was sorta easy to beat because you could fire from out of TT's range and still hit 'em because he's so big. Here's a video of the battle, but the guy in it cheated. :(

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yellowshinygold
cheated? i see the video,and i saw nothing weird.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MuddyMaestro

The player had unlimited weapons, and had one-hit kill with a swarm missile pack. That was totally cheating.

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DMethot
Speaking of cheating, when Black came out, my buddy used God Mode to unlock all the movies in the FIRST DAY. Talk about ruining the challenge to unlock them the right way and actually get good with different characters.
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raziellich
I had to do that too, if only because I didn't have a memory card and I really wanted to see all of the endings. I still played it afterwards without cheats. That damned helicopter still gives me nightmares.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DMethot
haha I remember being like Holy God, there's a helicopter as the final boss and Minion just flew onto the rooftop. Then I realized Minion wasn't as good as the Boss fight. But still.... fighting Warhawk as Darkside sucked so bad. Special was useless.
victormgs777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#39 victormgs777
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
Detnoball tm4, calypso's nuke and moonbuggy's orbs. awesome, attacks
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yellowshinygold
i never use cheats,reall men don't use cheats.

how the heck you even use codes?i never knew it was possible,exept when i saw internet.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MuddyMaestro

Detnoball tm4, calypso's nuke and moonbuggy's orbs. awesome, attacksvictormgs777

Detnoball was my favorite create-a-car special in TM4. Although, I really wish they would have come up with more weapons, because most of the specials were either too basic, or in the Twintorcher's (If that's what that special's called) case, just too weak.

I remember one of my favorite things to do would be to create six new cars, and play every map with them. It increased the value of the game, in my opinion, and I don't think it would be a bad idea to involve create-a-car in the new Twisted Metal, especially if you include the level of customization a lot of street racers have been able to provide.

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yellowshinygold
good idea.
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raziellich

The Twin Torchers were awesome, especially when the guy said "crispy fried punk"!

I used them all the time because they were a good ranged attack that set the other car on fire. The computer was always terrible about boosting to put out the flames. 

yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yellowshinygold
i don't know what to say,you people are talking about games i don't own,its sad.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DMethot
Yeah i've never heard of those specials either...
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raziellich
There were four specials only available to created cars. That's all.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yellowshinygold
i will wait until you say something about TM3 or black,i will wait.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MuddyMaestro
I didn't think that fire has a big enough effect in TM4. I remember the Construction Yard level, and if you entered the wrong portal a conveyor belt would carry you through flames. I was never scared of it, just do a quick turbo, and it hardly effects you. The napalm wasn't very strong either in TM4, but in TM2, you could use the homing napalms code to score direct hits every time you launched the napalm. Most drivers only took three direct napalms to be killed, it was as cheap as God Mode.
yellowshinygold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yellowshinygold
*waits*
raziellich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 raziellich

I didn't think that fire has a big enough effect in TM4. I remember the Construction Yard level, and if you entered the wrong portal a conveyor belt would carry you through flames. I was never scared of it, just do a quick turbo, and it hardly effects you. The napalm wasn't very strong either in TM4, but in TM2, you could use the homing napalms code to score direct hits every time you launched the napalm. Most drivers only took three direct napalms to be killed, it was as cheap as God Mode.MudkipMaster30

But in the contruction yard, you can take control of the crane and drop your opponents in the fire, which damages them greatly. The thing with fire is that if you're playing against a human, its useless because humans will turbo out of it. The computer though, will take some serious damage before they go out. I used fire weapons all the time because the AI was stupid about it.