I was wondering if you guys like Twisted Metal 4 or not?

icecoldmarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 icecoldmarty
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Hi everyone I was wondering who here enjoys playing Twisted Metal 4?

Well I do though I don't like a lot of it's errors I found in the game.

I like that you can create your own vehicle up to 30 slots now how come this feature didn't come back in later Twisted Metal games.

I also like beating the game unlocks the hidden multiplayer levels and boss characters which for the most part are the original characters.

I really like the twist about Sweet Tooth now hosts the tournament because he was my favorite character of the franchise.

Out of all their characters 989 Studios created they actually made one worth bringing up Rob Zombie a special guest for the game wow.

I also like the levels are much bigger than Twisted Metal 3 and it has more power ups including health.

Cheating in this game is quite fun because the game is known to be the tougher out of the two games made by 989 Studios.

There are secrets hidden in every level of the game that actually make it more fun such as in the first level you can use the crane to kill your opponents quicker.

It's time for what I don't like I don't understand where it is supposed to take place.

I made it clear already that I hated most of their original characters but how come the bosses don't have bios or endings that sucks.

Unlike most Twisted Metal games every single level has a boss with one of them having two working together wow and you thought Black was tough than play this.

I can agree Sweet Tooth's special is unfair because it works so good that when you actually face him in the game he can the single toughest boss in the entire game to beat.

His special is similar to mainly Moonbuggy another boss in the game except this one got some serious power to it I mean you could easily kill someone in the game as him with three of that special at the most.

I did hate most of the endings but they aren't as close as bad as Twisted Metal 3 now I would shoot myself if I ever see those again.

The last complaint I have is Sweet Tooth himself I do agree with a lot of people that his look wasn't good though I think it's slightly better than the previous one.

Why because he had the flaming hair with the face we kinda expected to see on him plus his vehicle does look closer to what it is supposed to be.

gmans33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 gmans33
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
I actually really like TM4. Me and a friend created characters, and just kept playing and saving our game. The more times you beat the game, the harder the difficulty becomes. I thought that this was pretty cool, since playing at the same difficulty gets boring, this advances as you do. I like the level designs, music, and some of the characters. The biggest dissapointment for me were the end movies. 989 never really got those right. But overall, I thought it was a pretty good game, and a huge improvement from TM3.
victormgs777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#3 victormgs777
Member since 2007 • 228 Posts
I loved Twisted Metal 4. Countless sessions with my cousin until 3am playing deathmatch. Trashmen is one of the best characters in any game to destroy. A very underrated game, a classin nevertheless.
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts
For Twisted Metal 4, I take the position which Jaffe stated in the documentary; it was a good game, but not necessarily a good Twisted Metal game. Sure, it had the same characters, and the same premise as previous Twisted Metal games, but the games running on 989's engine are just too different, in both good and bad ways. I liked the ability to create your own vehicle, though it could have been much further developed. In reality, it just adds an extra nine characters with no story, with changeable colours, an option to include spoiler and a grill, and a choice between four specials, where if memory serves me correctly, Detnoball was the obvious choice. I would have liked to have seen this option to creat your own vehicle in later Twisted Metal games, and it would have helped me to accept TM4 in the series. The characters actually weren't bad for the most part, and weren't too far-fetched in comparison to characters in previous games. Until we reached the endings, which were still awful. On the battlefield, a few characters were overpowered, but even more were extremely weak. I mean, Microblast, seriously? The game had lots of challenge; I still can't compete with a whole field of hard-difficulty opponents without either using Orbital, Mr. Zombie, or one of the boss characters. It was always fun going on God mode with a regular character, against a field of Sweet Tooths, and have everyone be tossed left and right by his ridiculous special, and kill each other off. However, the lagging framerate really killed a lot of the multiplayer, though I still have good memories of playing it with friends. Though TM4 was a huge improvement over its predecessor, it still had a lot of issues, and I still consider it to have been a step backwards from Twisted Metal 2.
antonisbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 antonisbob
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
I loved this one.. 3 was the worst IMO.
leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

i like twisted metal 4. i spent countless times playing this with my dad we would always do co-op. those were some good times.