Greatest Nintendo Heroes FINAL: Link vs. Professor Layton

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Evillordexdeath
Evillordexdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Evillordexdeath
Member since 2010 • 4793 Posts

It's been a long road leading up to this. 32 heroes entered this tournament, and 30 of them, including Samus Aran, Mario, Phoenix Wright, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and many others, have been eliminated. Ties have lasted months, some of Nintendo's greatest have been upset in their matches, and many other ups and downs of this tournament have occured, all leading up to this.

Link, the renowned hero of time, master of the sword and many other arts, has been an absolute force this entire contest. Prior to his semifinal match against Mario, no one cast a vote against him.

The archeology professor and gentleman known as Professor Hershel Layton, however, has been somewhat of a "dark horse" throughout this contest. Despite not being the most famous of game characters, he managed to defeat the likes of Samus, Kirby, and Captain Falcon, and made it all the way to the final match.

Both of these heroes have every right to the title of "Greatest Nintendo Hero" but only one can be the greatest. Who will it be? Your vote decides. And when you do vote, make sure to post about it, or your vote will not be counted

Evillordexdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Evillordexdeath

First of all, I'd like to say that I hope for this final to be a climactic one. This will quite likely be the last time this union shows any signs of activity, so I very much hope that this will be memorable.

With that said, I'll cast my vote for Professor Layton. Link is an amazing hero, but Layton has just about all the makings of a great hero. He's kind, generous, courageous, and simply fits the personality of an excellent hero in all ways. He is capable of resolving conflict with his mind rather than fighting, and is almost always capable of doing so with minimal harm inflicted upon anyone, even those who would try to end his own life. The Professor is very talented as a hero. He's resourceful, wise, and can hold his own quite well in a fencing match or a battle of wits. Layton has given up fame and fortune for the benefit of others, and has taken in two troubled youths and raised them to become fine individuals.

Along with all that, the Professor has a well defined and fleshed out personality and an absolutely superb backstory. This is a man who has seen many of the hardships of everyday life, including the death and loss of his close friends and loved ones, and has come out of all that all the better as a person.

In the end, though Link is certainly among Nintendo's best, Layton is simply without equal. I vote for him, and that's what a gentleman does.

nin3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 nin3DS
Member since 2010 • 846 Posts
Layton!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
Link is the ultimate hero!
windmaster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 windmaster42
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

awesome you started this back up good for you man

and link for sure

Skyeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skyeagle
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

I gotta vote Link. I Personally believe he is more deserving of the Title and is more of an icon than Professor Layton.

Avatar image for bgghgubcjhgknjk
bgghgubcjhgknjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 bgghgubcjhgknjk
Member since 2009 • 593 Posts
Link by default because Link has saved the world countless time and all Layton has done is solve heaps of puzzles.
Evillordexdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Evillordexdeath

Link wins! Really though, did you expect anything else?

Skyeagle also wins! Congratulations!

cheese131999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheese131999
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Could you expect a greater hero than link????? He has a freakin sword and shield fer crying out loud. anyone with those items is either REALLY, REALLY GOOD or REALLY, REALLY EVIL. And link has saved world 8 times + so eat it layton

cheese131999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheese131999
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Layton!nin3DS
your face is a fail. and your point

Evillordexdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Evillordexdeath

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this event already ended. Your energy would be better spent (and better appreciated) in another thread.

Also, try to be a bit more friendly.

In any event, I think I'll lock this now to prevent further confusion.