Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
If you don't have anything to contribute yet or if you just want to talk about something which has nothing to do with poems or writing, you can do that here.

I think every union should have its own off-topic thread.
Avatar image for zinedinezidane1
zinedinezidane1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zinedinezidane1
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
what is your favorite anime
Avatar image for atomsmasher1313
atomsmasher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 atomsmasher1313
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
Trigun

Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Rintaran
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
There actually is already an off-topic thread. It just got pushed to the second page because no one was using it... Last person to post in it was actually you Lance_C. :P Anyhow, I have a number of anime that I greatly enjoy, and have difficulty picking out a favourite. So these favourites include (in no particular order) Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, Noir, Madlax, Elfen Lied, and Nana. Trigun's alright too, but it doesn't make my top list.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
what is your favorite animezinedinezidane1
Hands down the Serial Experiments: Lain series. The series took quite a number of chances with the way in which the story was portrayed was perfectly placed. It's just a twelve episode series and that's it, but that's as long as it needs to be. That it takes such a strange idea (A student at a local school commits suicide, and then other students begin to receive E-mails from the student) and then pushes that idea to such a convoluted and yet brilliant direction is surely breathtaking. I watched the series in its entirety the first time, because I was so hooked on it. There's quite a bit of other anime that I like, particularly Miyazaki's works, the venerable Akira and Ghost in the Shell, plus some odd titles in there as well, such as Perfect Blue and Blood: The Last Vampire (Which I'm thoroughly convinced that if it were three hours long or its own series, instead of a 45 minute movie, it would have been one of the better vampire stories ever told). Have you guys ever seen Ergo Proxy? I want to know what that one's all about. :x
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rintaran
Serial Experiments: Lain was a pretty good series, and in its time, the idea of techno-control was a major fear. Unfortunately, the idea's been used far too much since, which greatly reduces its effectiveness... If you like it though, you will enjoy Elfen Lied. Although a little more evolutionary than technological, there's a definite baseline between the two that you'll likely enjoy. From what I've heard, Ergo Proxy is a really good series. Haven't seen it myself yet, but it's on my amazon wish list. If I get it, I'll let you know.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
[QUOTE="Rintaran"]Serial Experiments: Lain was a pretty good series, and in its time, the idea of techno-control was a major fear. Unfortunately, the idea's been used far too much since, which greatly reduces its effectiveness... If you like it though, you will enjoy Elfen Lied. Although a little more evolutionary than technological, there's a definite baseline between the two that you'll likely enjoy. From what I've heard, Ergo Proxy is a really good series. Haven't seen it myself yet, but it's on my amazon wish list. If I get it, I'll let you know.

Damn people beating a dead horse. It takes credit away from who killed the horse in the first place. ; ; At any rate, Elfen Lied? I've actually never heard of it. Do tell, Rin. And lemme know it you see Ergo.
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rintaran
[QUOTE="EtherTwilight"]Damn people beating a dead horse. It takes credit away from who killed the horse in the first place. ; ; At any rate, Elfen Lied? I've actually never heard of it. Do tell, Rin. And lemme know it you see Ergo.

Well, let's see. Elfen Lied contains violence and excessive gore, scenes of nudity, and a moving plot detailing the evolutionary next step, externalizing humanity's alienation of each other, detailing our inherent cruelty, and serving a dish of just rewards, in such an emotionally touching and cathartic way that may actually make you cry. Although not the grunge of Serial Experiments: Lain, the series offers great room for deeper thought, while still satisfying your carnal desire for violence. Elfen Lied has been pretty big in the "brain anime" community for a while now, and Ergo Proxy has begun to move in on it too. Serial Experiments is of course a part of that category, though many of its copiers are not. Basically, you really have to see it, in order to begin to appreciate it. Watch through the whole thing, even if the first couple of episodes just leave you confused. It all makes sense eventually.
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
what is your favorite animezinedinezidane1
I have a few so let me name them: Cowboy Bebop (1st on the list), Rorouni Kenshin, Trigun, Outlaw Star, G Gundam, DBZ (of course, that should've been second.)
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
[QUOTE="zinedinezidane1"]what is your favorite animeThe1-thtgotaway
I have a few so let me name them: Cowboy Bebop (1st on the list), Rorouni Kenshin, Trigun, Outlaw Star, G Gundam, DBZ (of course, that should've been second.)

Good list, it's the closest to mine. Cowboy Bebop definitely on top, Trigun, Gundam in general, R.Kenshin was pretty cool, Outlaw Star was good but it's been forever since I've seen it. DBZ is awesome.......But also, Ghost in the Shell movie and anime is good, and Akira is heavenly.
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 irmeleeman5995
Trigun

atomsmasher1313
I love how you say Trigun when it's like the only one you've seen....:P
eberkain_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 eberkain_basic
Member since 2003 • 1041 Posts
The only Anime Ive ever seen and liked were Akira and Ninja Scroll, the new Appleseed if you count that.
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 irmeleeman5995
I wanted to see Appleseed but the nearest theatre to my house that was showing it was 4 hours away. I don't know if it's on DVD or video anywhere around here, butI never checked.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lance_C
[QUOTE="Rintaran"]There actually is already an off-topic thread. It just got pushed to the second page because no one was using it... Last person to post in it was actually you Lance_C. :P Anyhow, I have a number of anime that I greatly enjoy, and have difficulty picking out a favourite. So these favourites include (in no particular order) Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, Noir, Madlax, Elfen Lied, and Nana. Trigun's alright too, but it doesn't make my top list.

Well, it's time to begin with a new sheet then :)
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lance_C
Best anime I have ever seen is..... Naruto! Yeah, now if only I had a Naruto sig, then the world would be complete.
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The1-thtgotaway
[QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"][QUOTE="zinedinezidane1"]what is your favorite animeirmeleeman5995

Good list, it's the closest to mine. Cowboy Bebop definitely on top, Trigun, Gundam in general, R.Kenshin was pretty cool, Outlaw Star was good but it's been forever since I've seen it. DBZ is awesome.......But also, Ghost in the Shell movie and anime is good, and Akira is heavenly.

Yeah Akira is really good, I don't know why but I liked that anime movie Metropolis and Blood the last Vampire and of course Hellsing, those were pretty good.
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rintaran
Yeah Akira is really good, I don't know why but I liked that anime movie Metropolis and Blood the last Vampire and of course Hellsing, those were pretty good. The1-thtgotaway
Akira was pretty good, and remains so to this very day. I haven't seen Metropolis, what's it about? I wasn't particularly impressed with Blood: The Last Vampire. What did you like about it?
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The1-thtgotaway
[QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"] Yeah Akira is really good, I don't know why but I liked that anime movie Metropolis and Blood the last Vampire and of course Hellsing, those were pretty good. Rintaran
Akira was pretty good, and remains so to this very day. I haven't seen Metropolis, what's it about? I wasn't particularly impressed with Blood: The Last Vampire. What did you like about it?

Wow I watched Metropolis a while ago I forgot :D, but I liked Blood the last Vampire I don't why I liked the storyline, and the toughness of her I guess.
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rintaran
[QUOTE="Rintaran"][QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"] Yeah Akira is really good, I don't know why but I liked that anime movie Metropolis and Blood the last Vampire and of course Hellsing, those were pretty good. The1-thtgotaway

Wow I watched Metropolis a while ago I forgot :D, but I liked Blood the last Vampire I don't why I liked the storyline, and the toughness of her I guess.

Well there must be something you remember about it, otherwise how can you remember that it's good?
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Sarge_Maximus2
Member since 2004 • 7767 Posts
Well everyone, my goal to have a video component to my blogs has finally been realisd! I recently bought a camcorder and have posted the first episode of "Sarge's Corner" in my videos section of my profile ( http://www.gamespot.com/users/Sarge_Maximus2/video ) Please check it out and tell me what you think. And be sure to check at least every few weeks for another installation. My plan is to have an episode at least once a month but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more frequent than that sometimes.
Fathomglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fathomglow
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts
A lot classic anime being thrown around in here, so I guess I'll put in my two cents. Gunslinger girl and Ghost In The Shell (movies and series) are definately one of the good oldies, along with some of the Gundam series (mostly the oldies along with the first 15 episodes of seed)offerings. In regards to currently running series', Naruto has recently become interesting again with the end of fillers and Bleach remains good when its not dragging on. Death Note is also interesting, unfortunately I saw the movies at a friends beckoning and spoiled the storyline for myself. Anyone have any good but surprisingly unpopular anime? I'm looking for another diamond in the rough, much like Gunslinger Girl...
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The1-thtgotaway
[QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"][QUOTE="Rintaran"][QUOTE="The1-thtgotaway"] Yeah Akira is really good, I don't know why but I liked that anime movie Metropolis and Blood the last Vampire and of course Hellsing, those were pretty good. Rintaran

Well there must be something you remember about it, otherwise how can you remember that it's good?

Well that's true, ok humans and robots co-exist, and the poor people leave under the huge city-state atop of it. A detective and his young nephew goes to Metroplis to solve a case, when they go somewhere, the young boy found this girl name Tima, who is a robot, but she don't know she is a robot, and she is actually a copy of Duke Red's (Higher person) daughter who died. This robot Tima has a lot of power and I guess Duke Red wants to control this power which brings on the journey of the detective and Kenichi, the young boy. It's real good, I liked it a lot, kinda sad though.
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sarge_Maximus2

My second video blog is going to be up tonight. This onehas my intro and theme song with it though. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rintaran

My second video blog is going to be up tonight. This onehas my intro and theme song with it though. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Sarge_Maximus2
I'll be sure to watch for it Sarge.
Well that's true, ok humans and robots co-exist, and the poor people leave under the huge city-state atop of it. A detective and his young nephew goes to Metroplis to solve a case, when they go somewhere, the young boy found this girl name Tima, who is a robot, but she don't know she is a robot, and she is actually a copy of Duke Red's (Higher person) daughter who died. This robot Tima has a lot of power and I guess Duke Red wants to control this power which brings on the journey of the detective and Kenichi, the young boy. It's real good, I liked it a lot, kinda sad though.The1-thtgotaway
Songs interesting. I guess I'll have to look it up.
eberkain_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 eberkain_basic
Member since 2003 • 1041 Posts
I also just remembered, I watched The Spirites Within a while back and it was pretty good.
Avatar image for atomsmasher1313
atomsmasher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 atomsmasher1313
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

[QUOTE="atomsmasher1313"]Trigun

irmeleeman5995
I love how you say Trigun when it's like the only one you've seen....:P

thats a lie, ive seen other ones.  Cowboy bebop was good from what i saw, ive actually seen elfen lied somewhere, i saw a couple DBZ episodes, and i used to watchgundam if i could find it

Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sarge_Maximus2
Two new movies are up, please read the description rintaran because it explains how these were simply messing around. Don't go too hard on us. :P
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rintaran
I always read the description first Sarge. As a deviantArt haunt, often the description will say whether they actually want comments or not, or set the context of a piece. To not read the description is like jumping into a debate that's been going on for a while, having only been told the basic subject.
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sarge_Maximus2
Well I'm glad your not one of those people, they are the most annoying people in the world, they say "You could have done this a bit more professionally!!" Well gee, dude, did you READ the description?!? WE WERE JUST MESSING AROUND!!! "Oh..." Yeah, dumb people. So did you watch any of them?
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rintaran
Oh yeah, don't you just hate that? At least when I say more professionally, I usually give an idea how. :P Actually, I'm saving it for this afternoon. See, I have this really boring class that I don't pay attention in, called "methods". In theory, they're supposed to teach teaching methods there. In actuality they've yet to actually teach anything, so I sit around online and watch silly videos to keep my heart rate from stopping. From the descriptions, I figure those two clips are going to fit into that category.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

Sarge_Maximus2

It was excellent.

As for anime, the only anime I've really watched was DBZ. Long live Vegeta!

Random Quiz: What is your inner anime hair colour?

My Result:

What is your inner anime hair color?

You should have black hair. You crave adventure, and like to stand out in a crowd. You are cynical, yet often very unaware of things.
Take this quiz!
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lance_C
You have green hair. You are creative, observant, and a lover of nature. You are also a very sexual person, and freely speak your mind. You are passionate and sometimes hasty.
Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rintaran
You are a brunette. You are cynical and down to earth. You are much more likely to be found reading a newspaper than watching television. People often take advantage of the fact that you always know what's going on.
Take this quiz!
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

You should have black hair. You crave adventure, and like to stand out in a crowd. You are cynical, yet often very unaware of things.
Take this quiz!

Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sparky-05

Another Anime Quiz: What DBZ Character Are You?

What DBZ character are you? Your Result: Broly

you are power crazed, insane with rage, and all around have an evil personality, you are the strongest fighter out there! destroy all who oppose you!!!!!

Vageta Android 17 Goku What DBZ character are you?

Isn't it Vegeta, not Vageta?

Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sarge_Maximus2
I've got another video coming up tonight, in my opinion the best I've ever done.
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rintaran
I'll be sure to watch for it Sarge.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sparky-05

I've got another video coming up tonight, in my opinion the best I've ever done.Sarge_Maximus2

I just watched a few of your videos and I'm jealous, no one would ever do those spoofs or anything with me. They were really cool and I reccommend that you do a quick tutorial on how to do add special effects like the superman one ... I used windows movie maker, but don't know how to do those things :( 

Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sarge_Maximus2
Actually, my brother, who's also on gamespot as Col-Bauer, did tghe effects. And just wait, it's only gong to get better. For my war epic I'm getting a bunch of army surplus gear, GI helmets and etc, all from WWII.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sparky-05

Actually, my brother, who's also on gamespot as Col-Bauer, did tghe effects. And just wait, it's only gong to get better. For my war epic I'm getting a bunch of army surplus gear, GI helmets and etc, all from WWII.Sarge_Maximus2

Thats awesome, I guess I'll have to ask your brother for the tutorial :P 

Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sarge_Maximus2
Yeah I guess. I want him to teach me too, lol.
EndlessGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 EndlessGame
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts

Gotta catch up with this topic.   My favorite anime are:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist

2. Naruto

3. G Gundam

4. Rurouni Kenshin

I also like DBZ, Case Closed, Gundam Wing, and loads of others which I'll kick myself later for not remembering. :lol: Anime is my favorite TV medium.

For the hair color quiz:

You are a blonde. You love attention from the opposite sex, and just want to have fun. People often take you for innocent, but you know what's going on.

Wow, that is absolutely the last thing I would have ever expected. :shock:

DBZ Character Test:

What DBZ character are you? Your Result: Goku

all around nice guy, who always thinks of others before himself, you always have an appitite, and are rather strong. you are just too nice for your own good!

Vageta Broly Android 17 What DBZ character are you?

I'm Goku, cool I get to be the strongest man in the universe. :lol:   And the person spelled Vegeta and Gallick Gun wrong among various other DBZ misspellings.

The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The1-thtgotaway
I'm Vegeta, but I'm nothing like him :lol: I just picked all the funny answers and now I'm arrogant, sometimes caring and callous. :D I'm nothing like that.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lance_C
What DBZ character are you? Your Result: Goku

all around nice guy, who always thinks of others before himself, you always have an appitite, and are rather strong. you are just too nice for your own good!

Vageta Android 17 Broly What DBZ character are you?
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sarge_Maximus2
Well I've uploaded another episode of "Sarge's Corner" to the videos section of my profile, feel free to have a look and provide feedback as usual.
Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rintaran
Looked, quick commented... You've a bit of a glitch, maybe... Reserved criticism since even though I follow the form you've laid out for criticism, you still take it as command anyways, and I only ever mean to give suggestions... Maybe it's my force of personality that gives you the idea that I'm telling you what to do, as opposed to suggesting? I dunno.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

You scored as Kairi. You are Kairi! Kind and gentle, you care about others and you are known for commiting selfless acts. You are the one others turn to in times of need and no matter what, the people you help will always appreciate your caring touch.

Kairi

100%

Sora

75%

Riku

75%

Goofy

63%

Donald

50%

Ansem

13%
What Kingdom Hearts character suites your personality?
created with QuizFarm.com

:P

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sparky-05
You scored as Kairi. You are Kairi! Kind and gentle, you care about others and you are known for commiting selfless acts. You are the one others turn to in times of need and no matter what, the people you help will always appreciate your caring touch.

Sora

75%

Riku

75%

Kairi

75%

Goofy

50%

Donald

38%

Ansem

0%
What Kingdom Hearts character suites your personality?
created with QuizFarm.com
Sarge_Maximus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sarge_Maximus2

Looked, quick commented... You've a bit of a glitch, maybe... Reserved criticism since even though I follow the form you've laid out for criticism, you still take it as command anyways, and I only ever mean to give suggestions... Maybe it's my force of personality that gives you the idea that I'm telling you what to do, as opposed to suggesting? I dunno.Rintaran

Really?

In the future, you may want to shorten your intro, it goes on for quite a bit of your entry. Additionally, you're going to want an outro, or something more than the quick cut than you currently have. A thanks for watching followed by a fade-out is usually sufficient, if not particularly unique. Additionally, I'd like to see you create your own music for the intro at some point in the future (or provide credit to the band during an outro?)Rintaran

Isn't that just bubling with "I want you to's"?

Rintaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rintaran

You see that word "may" ? That doesn't mean "must", that means "I suggest". And "I'd like to see" is not "you must have", but literally, this is what I'd like to see. I'm used to not getting what I like.

The only real want, is the outro, and that's because in your first two Sarge's Corners you cut out right in the middle of a word, and I figured it would keep you from cutting yourself off, again (which it did btw, though that was a pretty long outro :P ). And again, a "want" is not a "need", and therefore, it's not a command or direction.

You've also neglected to include the first part of that quote:

I like it. Your comments and theory about "fanboys" are pretty good. Recommendation given.

Which, if you watch over your recent blog against critics, is what you say you want before criticism. A few good points about what we liked, and then suggestions to make it better. Admittedly, I should probably have put more points, but really, why reiterate the details of your blog in a comment only to laud them?

If I were telling you what to do, trust me I wouldn't beat around the bush.  I'd very clearly say "You will do this", not "you may want", "you're going to want", or "I'd like". I give wish lists, whether I get what's on them doesn't really matter, but it's usually good for reference anyways. In the end, I always get some sort of present. In this case, it's another episode of Sarge's Corner, and as misrepresented (and glitched) as this episode may be, it was still relatively good and I managed to get something from my wish list to boot!