Spyro DOTD Ending (WARNING: Major, MAJOR SPOILER)

• 66 results
ReviewKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 ReviewKing
Member since 2008 • 254 Posts

I thought posting this would help me from accidently telling people spoilers over Xbox Live cause it keeps slipping out of my mouth and gets people angry @ me. Anyways, if u didn't read this topic title, this is a MAJOR SPOILER, if u read this, u'll spoil teh ending......kk, if u are still reading, all I have to say is "I warned u :P"

This all started on when u start the 9th level, Ignitus Spyro and Cynder were crossing teh Fire Wall, and Ignitous sacrificed himself for Spyro and Cynder to get through, Spyro gets really angry and almost turnd into Dark Spyro again, but Cynder talked to Spyro and he changed back and he complained about he feels so alone and Cynder tells him he's not alone, and then later on, they finally come face to face with Malefor, Malefor was saying Cynder was betraying Spyro, he was lying though, and then he made Cynder turn agaisnt Spyro, Spyro didn't fight back, Cynder turns back to normal cause of that, then Malefor started destroying teh world, when they finally defeat Malefor, Spyro had to sacrifice himself to save the world from being destroyed, Spyro tells Cynder to leave, but she stays there with Spyro and thats when Cynder said she loves him. And teh restof teh ending, I can't tell if their still alive or dead but they're still there.

So, if anyone else saw teh ending, PLZ tell me if their alive or not........its so sad :*(

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Iceferno
Member since 2007 • 8371 Posts
Wow. People got to the ending already? What a short game.
ReviewKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 ReviewKing
Member since 2008 • 254 Posts
Nah, I just rush through it, besides, I still need like 4$ more before I have 100%. And thanks to a anonamous user (I'll change to ur name if u want me to), I understand the ending now ^_^, Ignitous, Spyro, and Cynder Are still alive, I guess that proves that Dragons who do good things stay alive ^_^
Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dakuu
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

ok I'm assumeing from the title of this topic... I can talk about w/e I want from the game lol.

But ok Ignitus... not dead, became the new chronicler, Spyro and Cynder, I believe to be not dead either, and when Ignitus did "die" i swear I almsot cry'd and then when Spyro turned into his dark form, that looked so freaking awesome, because it's jsut super apealing in any game to have a hero, who does the whole good deeds thing... but just has to have that dark side that makes you go "and thats why you don't wanna piss him off" but yeah Spyro and Cynder definatly lived, THEY DID!!!!

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SOADjoe19
Member since 2007 • 3061 Posts
I'M HAVE TO GET DONE THIS GAME!

But I feel a bit bad to finish it (or actually rush through it). I want to experience every part of this game to its fullest! That's probably why I'm one of the last people to finish it! I'm only at 70%. :P
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 _Drago_
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts

Spyro and Cynder did live after the end. I can't believe Ignitus was still alive as well. It almost made me think he did die before I got to the last scene.

Anyway, I was really looking forward to seeing Dark Spyro as a playable character again. He only appeared for a moment after Ignitus's "death".

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iceferno
I thought you said Ignitus survived?
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Drago_

I thought you said Ignitus survived?Iceferno

Is that for me?

Just in case it is, I did say he survived...

Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Iceferno

Yeah. Look closely...

Spyro and Cynder did live after the end. I can't believe Ignitus was still alive as well. It almost made me think he did die before I got to the last scene.

Anyway, I was really looking forward to seeing Dark Spyro as a playable character again. He only appeared for a moment after Ignitus's "death"._Drago_

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Aerosite
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IGNITUS!

Technically, Ignitus died, but his actual spirit lived on, and Ignitus has become the new Chronicler, that means that the origional Chronicler died and was given the role as the Chronicler.

LittleGreenDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 LittleGreenDog
Member since 2006 • 7367 Posts

I'm actually crying here. Really.

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOADjoe19
I'm actually crying here. Really. LittleGreenDog

I feel really bad about talking about this with Erica not being able to play the game. I'm so sorry, Erica. :cry:

Anyway, I'm getting close to the end of the game now too. I got past Ignitus' "death" and actually couldn't believe my eyes. I can't wait until I see Malefore in whole. :o
Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dakuu

Anyway, I was really looking forward to seeing Dark Spyro as a playable character again. He only appeared for a moment after Ignitus's "death".

_Drago_

Dude I know what you mean about Dark Spyro, but for the few seconds he was on screen, your totaly blown away going "Oh crap, he is PISSED, whats next" and then... turns out thats it, it was a bit disapointing, and then theres like... a Dark(er) Cynder, because Malefor try'd to bring her back into the whole evil scene (Even though Cynder looked awesome ina sad, and twisted dark way Malefore is still sucha bastard), but he FAILED you know why because LOVE CONQUERS ALL!!!

MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IGNITUS!

Technically, Ignitus died, but his actual spirit lived on, and Ignitus has become the new Chronicler, that means that the origional Chronicler died and was given the role as the Chronicler.

Aerosite

I think THAT right there, could be used in the next Spyro game, like I can totaly see Entranges Libellule making a fourth installment for this series because I really WANT Spyro to find out that Ignitus isn't gone for good, and that he became the new chronicler AND THEN I wanna see that the same principle can be aplied to Malefor, like how Ignitus was able to live on, Malefore should be able to do the same (unless resurection is a good guys only trait lol), or maybe Malefore's spirit takes over one of the gaurdiens and theres the new bad guy, OR OR get this... Dark Spyro is the new bad guy, like he somehow sperates from Spyro... sick...

anywase i'm pretty sure that theres gonna be a another game in the LoS series I still see so much more that can be done, the hardest part is thinking of a new "long term" goal, like in ANB it was Evil Cynder, in TEN it was Gual, and in DOTD it's Malefor, so either Malefor comes back in a really dramatic way and it becomes interesting to fight him again or he comes back and it's like... "dang... I gotta kick YOUR ass again?"

*Mind implodes*

Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dakuu
That was a lot of text and I kinda wanna make a bigger break than just a new paragraph, anywase I wanted to ask if... anyone recalls Spyro and Cynder getting Malefore's bind off (the green snake colars), because I remember when they first confront Malefor he does that, mr swav, hey I'm your mortal enemy but relax and have a seat, deal and he removes the bind for a bit but... he then puts it back on... and I can't remember if they it ever shows it being removed, after that, or if it's kinda ignored with the heavyness of the situation while they're kicking Malefore's butt.
sputnick2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 sputnick2006
Member since 2006 • 1063 Posts

Well, i thought this would be a good topic to start on now that im finally back, and beat DOTD. Anyway...

What can be said about the DOTD ending? Well, my reaction at first was "NOOOO!!!! They killed him! You Bastards! (i was seriously thinking of breaking all of my old spyro games and totally forget about him all together...Seriously... I was extremely pissed off.) HOWEVER: i did watch the cutsceen after the credits, and what-do-ya know? he isnt dead after all! Whoo-Hoo!

Still... I cant believe they would make anyone think he was dead, even for a second.

MY FINAL OPINION IS BOTH "RELEAVED" AND "SAD". It seems like it was just yesterday that we were watching Spyro hatch in the forest... Now look at him! he's all grown up, and even saved the world!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO THOSE DRAGONS WERE AT THE END THAT KILLED THE DARK MASTER? WERE THEY ALSO PURPLE DRAGONS THAT HAD TRIED TO STOP HIM BUT FAILED BEFORE SPYRO?

AND WTF ABOUT IGNITUS? IS HE REALY DEAD?

PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP ME BETTER UNDERSTAND THIS ENDING.

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aerosite

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO THOSE DRAGONS WERE AT THE END THAT KILLED THE DARK MASTER? WERE THEY ALSO PURPLE DRAGONS THAT HAD TRIED TO STOP HIM BUT FAILED BEFORE SPYRO?

AND WTF ABOUT IGNITUS? IS HE REALY DEAD?

PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP ME BETTER UNDERSTAND THIS ENDING.

sputnick2006

MAJOR SPOILER AGAIN

Those dragons you saw were the spirits of Ignitus, they all look like him, as for why Ignitus's appearence afterwards; when a dragon dies they do not truely leave the world, their spirit lives on offering what peace it can.

I beat the game on the 25th, 100% on the 27th.

sputnick2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sputnick2006
Ok, but it still doesnt make sense to me.... Didnt Malefore (yea i know i probably spelled it wrong) say that there were other purple dragons that had tried to beat him before, or somthing like that? Ill have to watch the cutsceen again... but it was EXTREMELY hard to determine what exactly he was saying.
Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Aerosite

Ok, but it still doesnt make sense to me.... Didnt Malefore (yea i know i probably spelled it wrong) say that there were other purple dragons that had tried to beat him before, or somthing like that? Ill have to watch the cutsceen again... but it was EXTREMELY hard to determine what exactly he was saying.sputnick2006

No no other purple dragons opposed Malefor, he is syaing that there were just more purple dragons before him and Spyro, does this answer your question? you can ask more.

sputnick2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sputnick2006

MAJOR SPOILER AGAIN

Those dragons you saw were the spirits of Ignitus, they all look like him, as for why Ignitus's appearence afterwards; when a dragon dies they do not truely leave the world, their spirit lives on offering what peace it can.

ok i got another one:

So, was the cronlicler really a dead dragon the whole time? (TEN). Cuz, i just dont get how ignitus could be the new cronlicler if he is dead.

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aerosite

sputnick2006

MAJOR SPOILER AGAIN

ok i got another one:

So, was the cronlicler really a dead dragon the whole time? (TEN). Cuz, i just dont get how ignitus could be the new cronlicler if he is dead.

Yes the Chronicler is a dead spirit, a dragon spirit is chosen to cronicle the events of every age. The Chronicler passed this to Ignitus

Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dakuu
[QUOTE="sputnick2006"]

Aerosite

MAJOR SPOILER AGAIN

ok i got another one:

Yes the Chronicler is a dead spirit, a dragon spirit is chosen to cronicle the events of every age. The Chronicler passed this to Ignitus

I have to disagree on that, because if the chronicler was just a spirit, why would they ever need a new one, not like spirits need to rest or anything, I'm rpetty sure he was just a very very old dragon, and I believe that becoming the chronicler must give the ability to live a lot longer than a regular dragon. Ignitus, he was a fire dragon, then his colors changed when he became the new chronicler so now hes gonna be the one with all the books.

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Aerosite
The reson why the Chronicler lived for so long is that he is also a spirit, he lived for many millenia, well past the age of any dragon I have heard of. Another possibility to me, is that maybe even in the spirit life, you can age.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOADjoe19

Another way is perhaps the Chronicler was one of the past prominent figures of the Dragon World. Perhaps when another prominent figure dies (like Ignitus being a Dragon Guardian) he takes the place of the Chronicler. Perhaps his time was up, he passed the torch to Ignitus to continue his role and went back into the skies for eternity with the other dragons.

Also, was I the only one who was completely speechless and almost cried during the final scene of Spyro and Cynder before the credits in Malefore's lair? When Cynder finally whispered "I love you." to Spyro as he started glowing and the camera panned out was so greatly put together that I won't forget for a long time to come. :cry:

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Aerosite
I like your idea about the Chronlicer Joe, another theory of mine, is that maybe there is a set Chronlicer, The Chronlicer said that a worthy dragon is chosen to Chronicle a certain age, maybe the Chronlicer we know was the Chronicler for the Spyro/ Malefor saga?
Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dakuu

I like your idea about the Chronlicer Joe, another theory of mine, is that maybe there is a set Chronlicer, The Chronlicer said that a worthy dragon is chosen to Chronicle a certain age, maybe the Chronlicer we know was the Chronicler for the Spyro/ Malefor saga?Aerosite

that'd be cool if like, there were more Spyro games but following after the LOS series, so it's still set in the same world, just now something else happens and ignitus is the new chronicler.

Also, was I the only one who was completely speechless and almost cried during the final scene of Spyro and Cynder before the credits in Malefore's lair? When Cynder finally whispered "I love you." to Spyro as he started glowing and the camera panned out was so greatly put together that I won't forget for a long time to come. SOADjoe19

Man... my eyes were watering right there, but then they stuck in the credits in between the very final cutscene, and if the credits weren't there to break it up I would have certainly shed a tear or 2, the only reason I didn't is because the credits gave my eyes time to dry, heh.

Question, did anyone see Spyro and Cynder get that magic chain removed, the only thing about that at the end I remember is that Malefor takes it off then puts it back on, am I just suppose to assume that it disapear'd when Malefor died/disapeard?

swordmaster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 swordmaster3
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts
I guess since it was a part of malefor's powers. So if his powers are gone then anything that was linked to his powers must have disappeared along with him.
Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aerosite

Question, did anyone see Spyro and Cynder get that magic chain removed, the only thing about that at the end I remember is that Malefor takes it off then puts it back on, am I just suppose to assume that it disapear'd when Malefor died/disapeard?

Dakuu

Yes, they got the chain removed when Malefor died/ dissapeared, I have another theory on the next Spyro game if it's based off of the TLOS series

SPOILER BELOW WARNING

When you beat Malefor, and he gets pulled into that crystal by those spirits, I find it possible that Malefor might still be alive, just frozen as Spyro and Cynder were. Anyone agree?

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SOADjoe19
I'm not sure. It seems like a good assumption, but perhaps the souls of the previous Purple Dragons pulled Malefor back to the center of the world or something, where only the souls can live. Therefore most probably killing Malefor once and for all.

But I'm completely not sure. Anyone can be right or wrong. But I would want to hear anything anyone could think of as an answer for this question. 8)
Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aerosite
Hey Joe, I noticed you said that those spirits that pulled Malefor into the crystal were purple dragons, I kinda thought that too but if you look at them, they look a lot like Ignitus.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SOADjoe19
Eh, it's possible. But five different Ignitus spirits? I guess so.

Really any of these are possible.
With not that much time to see the spirits clearly, and close to no information on them, they could be anyone.

But if anything, according to what Malefor himself said about many Purple Dragons before him, they could have been the Purple Dragons of the past.
Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dakuu

I think that the major questions about DOTD are like, is Malefore really gone for?, What about all the previouse purple dragons Malefor spoke of? and shoot, what about Dark Spyro, I mean c'mon... it just seems like he should manifest on his own and start reaking havok or like the closer it gets to the next eclips the harder it becomes for Spyro to not change into his dark form untill Spyro just turns into his dark form when the eclips happens and can't change back untill the phase is over idk...

so many questions (questions= more reasons for another game in the LOS series) seriously it's like... *beats DOTD* then... more... MORE, NEED MORE!!!

Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Aerosite

I think that the major questions about DOTD are like, is Malefore really gone for?, What about all the previouse purple dragons Malefor spoke of? and shoot, what about Dark Spyro, I mean c'mon... it just seems like he should manifest on his own and start reaking havok or like the closer it gets to the next eclips the harder it becomes for Spyro to not change into his dark form untill Spyro just turns into his dark form when the eclips happens and can't change back untill the phase is over idk...

so many questions (questions= more reasons for another game in the LOS series) seriously it's like... *beats DOTD* then... more... MORE, NEED MORE!!!

Dakuu

I like your ideas, I personally don't think Malefor is dead, just in suspended animation, so many possibilities.... way too much waiting time.:D

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SOADjoe19
Well, if anything, and if they keep the pattern, the next game will be out October of 2009.

And then the Movie will be out that Christmas!

But perhaps since the movie and perhaps the game is supposed to come out both in Q4 of 2009, they won't make the game and focus mainly on the movie....

What do you think?
Aerosite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Aerosite

Well, if anything, and if they keep the pattern, the next game will be out October of 2009.

And then the Movie will be out that Christmas!

But perhaps since the movie and perhaps the game is supposed to come out both in Q4 of 2009, they won't make the game and focus mainly on the movie....

What do you think?SOADjoe19

I would be kinda mad, I kinda hope that the movie wouldn't be like a prelude, or an epiloge to the next game, cause some people wont see the movie.

godofmadness43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 godofmadness43
Member since 2008 • 891 Posts

I think the spirit dragosn where the spirits of the purple dragons or the ansestors giving Spyro and Cynder a hand and estorying Malefor, and i think Malefor is dead, and as for ignitus i think he survived by the Chronicler and gave him his title, so i guess he might be alive, i don't know, i hope they make a new series of spyro that have new characters but old ones too. i believe my stories would make a great series, but with different antagonists.

Dakuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dakuu

Ok, I watched the final cutscenes of DOTD a lot when I was picking my "Favorite Spyro Quote" and this is what I was able to analyze...

The mutliple dragons that apear to seal away Malefor they all do look like Ignitus, and the second Malefor is gone the shackle on Spyro and Cynder do dissapear.

Also, the world was being torn apart, but Spyro did his best to keep it together in a flash of light, however, I don't believe he kept it from splitting apart 100%, if you look at the scenery when Sparx and the others emerge from shelter, there are a lot more floating islands than before it seems.

Finaly, whether Spyro and Cynder lived or not at the end, i'm apsolutly 110% positive they did live, heres why, when The Chronicler is explaining to Ignitus about the books, he says

"You see, each time a dragon dies, a new page is written in this book. I've done my best, but I can't seem to find any trace of Spyro."

If Spyro did indeed die, the new page would have been there, in the book, and it would have been obviouse that he died, but there was no new page to give the Chronicler reason to believe Spyro to be dead, then Ignitus, after becoming the new chronicler, says "Well, young dragon... where might you be?" then you See Spyro and Cynder frolicing in the sky above one of the floating islands and you can see the biggest moon in the sky behind them.

And btw, there didn't seem to be any new page to depict that Malefor had died either from what I can tell, it is possible that because the main concern at that time was "where is Spyro?" Malefor's fate wasn't even mentioned, so whether he died or not is still a toss up, I think if he did die and was gone for good, it would have been important enough to mention. If you were able to read this whole post, I thank you, and hope this brings more closure to the LOS series aside from, "Will there be more games?"

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SOADjoe19
Wow. I actually did read that entire thing, and I love how you have your way with words....8)
I basically already knew all of that, but I think you just made it a bit clearer...:D
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Iceferno
Despite visiting this topic from time to time, it hasn't bee spoiled for me. :P I usually skip passed the crucial stuff and just see what everyone's reactions are. :)
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SOADjoe19
Well, thats good. At least if you deicde to buy it, you'll be fully surprised with it! 8)
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Iceferno
Indeedilly. That is, if I get far enough in it. In ANB I only got as far as that Ice place after the first flight's over.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOADjoe19
Oh, really Alec? And you never tried to get farther than that? :?
You really should....But with Dawn of the Dragon, we'll definitely help you with the gameplay so you can witness first hand what happens. ^_^
Iceferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Iceferno
Well, I guess I'll see. I do feel kinda useless when I see how well everyone else is doing.
bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 bd0g5
Member since 2007 • 7317 Posts

40 unread posts! :o

So, the ending did seem pretty confusing, but I think I get it.

SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SOADjoe19

lol, Brandon. Yeah, this board can get out of hand pretty fast if you don't see it regularly. :lol:

bd0g5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 bd0g5
Member since 2007 • 7317 Posts
I just didn't want to read the posts, since it might of spoiled the ending. Well, now I beat DotD. :)
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SOADjoe19
Congrats, Brandon! ;)
_Drago_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _Drago_

I just didn't want to read the posts, since it might of spoiled the ending. Well, now I beat DotD. :)bd0g5

That's great Brandon!

I know how it's like playing co-op. I would post some funny videos of what we did, but you know how terrible they would look...

telion445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 telion445
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
Yo Reviewking, spyro & cynder r alive i saw the ending on youtube.
SOADjoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SOADjoe19
I'm sure he knows that already....he was one of the first people next to Aerosite to beat the game. ;)