TUGOWU Rules and Introductions V2. New Members read and post here first.

• 69 results
Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Wright
Member since 2022 • 12 Posts

>just you

Seems so. What of Zim?

>tomb of the old community

Wish to have joined much earlier, but alas. Not like playing GoW was the problem (instead, it was about finding the means to play PS2 games at all).

>a month or so

Went back to check it. A lot longer than what I had expected, actually. According to our exchanges on Stinger ('chatting about games', post 798 *though the exchanges began from post 785 onwards*), it was on the 3rd of January. Admittedly, I took long breaks to beat the game for the first time.

>not the closest relatives

That's right. Still, as far as Action proper goes (not counting other sub-genres like Action RPG), I've only played these titles (including GoW).

>Challenge runs help make this even more true as you can attest.

Reminds me of a meme I once saw, think it was in relation to Souls. It said something along the lines of "Git Gud Gym. If you ain't dyin', you ain't tryin'!".

>Just be ready for it drain you of that love.

I've been mentally prepared for it for quite some time. But until I can get my hands on a PS3 (and finish the other titles first), it will be a while until I can try that game. I'll take everyone's word for it (that it is rather... lackluster, to put it lightly). Just as I took everyone's word about the Clones being a nightmare (and they weren't wrong, not in the slightest).

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

>what of X

Nobody else comes by to check for posts (let alone to post). Getting someone out of the blue is just that. A rare event.

NOTE: Updated to rearrange the 'Channels' I promote according to standings I hold in my internal system (again). You were added (up to 31 now), but YT is slow to reflect the change published.

>much earlier

It is what it is. You would have just ended up on ProBoards, gow3forums, etc. like myself as different cataclysms befell us.

>month or so

I do keep saying I'm bad with time. Me and Chronos? Don't exactly see eye to eye. Still, shame he got shafted out of giving us time powers in place of the Fates. Somehow GoW:A gave us Ouroboros before that.

>ain't dyin'

>ain't tryin'

Indeed. There needs to be pushback. I ever share with you the source for my reworked explanation of why one might do challenge runs (ignoring another consideration where there is the examination of the psyche pertaining to those with easier lives lacking fulfillment generally being those seeking hardship/struggle to overcome in games while non-core players are more likely to at least feel troubled and use gaming as an outlet thus preferring rubbish like Dynasty Warriors to empower themselves effortlessly through)? Dr. Ernst Stuhlinger explains it a good way into this letter to one inquiring as to the value of what he does where her values are concerned.

NOTE: Specifically this bit "...significant progress in the solutions of technical problems is frequently made not by a direct approach, but by first setting a goal of high challenge which offers a strong motivation for innovative work, which fires the imagination and spurs men to expend their best efforts, and which acts as a catalyst by including chains of other reactions."

>be awhile

Yes, then there is the loss of recording for the totally legit PS2 play. Did you have a way to get at the PSP entries? Still have to focus down GoWII, of course. Then again, if you want to polish off GoW1 first, there is also NBR+ NUR+ and NGR+ NUR+. The former doesn't mean a whole lot when you've got tricking, of course (halfway into the run it defuses).

>lackluster

A frustrating (in more ways than one). Quite the disappointment, indeed (even with low expectations). The buyer's remorse was real for those who did NOT listen to the prophecies of their betters. Hotel can attest to this as he was there for the topics trying to convince themselves they didn't waste a bunch of dosh on bullshit that didn't deserve full (or any) price after betraying them (as they betray themselves and their fellows).

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Wright

>nobody comes to check for posts

>let alone to post

Yeah, makes sense (and definitely seems to be the case).

>added me to your channel list

Awesome.

>gow3forums

Does it still exist?

>Dr. Stuhlinger

This is the first time you directly share it to me, but this isn't the first time I've you bringing that bit up. This was the first instance where I saw it:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191627-god-of-war/76572771?page=6

Post #345

>loss of recording

Yes... a shame.

>a way to get at the PSP entries

I suppose I can... err... yes, it's a possibility. Play them, sure. Get them? Would have to check.

>NBR+ NUR+

>NGR+ NUR+

I'll definitely be getting into these in the future.

>disappointment

>even with low expectations

Oh? I wanted to play with low expectations as is. But that's pretty concerning.

>Hotel

You mean he was one of the few people who didn't listen to his betters? Or that he was making fun of said people?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MrStarkiller

>channel list

Took some time, but YT sync'd.

>still exist

No.

>not the first time you've seen me mention it

Nor will it be the last.

>concerning

Really got to temper yourself here. Brace for some nonsense. You will be put through a fair bit.

>making fun of

He was on the right side of history here.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Wright

>YT sync'd

I noticed.

>no

Shame. If it did, and if it had a search function, I'd look if you posted the other part of Derek's e-mail.

>Nor will it be the last.

I hope so. Also, I showed that quote to someone who's a complete casual (hates the Souls fanbase with a passion, since they tell people that the games can be beaten if you just do your best, i.e. he hates that people are the encouraging sort that doesn't understand that people like him just CAN'T beat these games no matter what... except he did it weeks later *despite seemingly hating the games because they were too difficult, but he apparently overleveled in the titles that allowed him to do so*). He believes that ambition shouldn't be one of the human being's main motivators (in general, not just for vidya)... so I brought that quote up. As expected, it was simply ignored, so he continued seeking for attention and validation.

>Brace for some nonsense.

Will do.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MrStarkiller

>Derek email on gow3forums

I had never posted the verbatim before (just gave the gist). Even if the admin restored the place you wouldn't be finding that. My email pretends like I must have deleted it, not logged in for a year, etc. All horse shit (had some old documents I wanted to go over that are just lost to time now, which was inconvenient for work). They're just useless trash that have fallen on hard times (barely existing at this point *little better than the extortionists at PhotoBucket*).

>it was ignored

Unthinkable.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Wright

>won't be able to find the email even if the place got restored

Ah, I see. Shame.

>things lost to time

I can relate, but with a different platform (can't remember which one). There was a grand video I wanted to preserve 6-7 years ago, so I uploaded it to the cloud. Went back to retrieve it, and turns out everything (and I mean everything, from trivial stuff, to save files, to that one video) got deleted. The rage I experienced that day was unreal.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MrStarkiller

>deleted

Archives are not immune to this, sadly. People think such projects used to help with longevity of forums and more will prevent the inevitable. Misguided. Just staving it off. Nothing is eternal.

>unreal fury

And with nothing to be done with it (nor a proper target to direct it at).

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Wright

>archives are not immune to this

Sometimes, I had to learn the bad way about this.

>nothing is eternal

Too true.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MrStarkiller

>learn the hard way

Times makes fools of all.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

Wow, this forum is old, i wish I found about this like in 2007, i guess I wasn't one of the OG's but i used, to play the game in 2005, but this is off topic, i saw a video from a guy named, ''AKheon'' about the god of war Speedruning history, i got nostalgia so i booted up my old PS2 and i wanted to Speedrun it, out of all the speedrunners i found, ''Shenmeniu'' to be the most to tactical one, i played on Spartan difficulty with no BP, i used different tactics and skips such as PR High Jump, Roll cancelling, and a lot of the other skips such as desert siren skip and the chamber of hades to name a few, i also didn't use the port of Athens swimming glitch beacuse i don't like breaking the game too much but sequence braking is a lot of fun, in the end i managed to reach the final save in 4:32:54 Wich i know you guys are doing much better than me, additionally i didn't use RTA and i am not gonna submit it to any Speedrun focused website, im gonna try to improve on that time.

Next i wanna do a run with no upgrades on the hardest difficulty (God Mode), i prefer challenge runs, cuz they are the bigger challenge, im not much of a speedrunner myself, and i want to do much in god of war 1 before i head into the sequels, if BTW you are wondering who is the best challenger runner i could find, NUR is a lot of fun.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrStarkiller

>old forum

From the Golden Age. That's TUGOWU proper v2 (v1 was destroyed by its admin around the time of release, I believe).

>found out in 2007

GameSpot had no interest in promotion (unions were abandoned even prior to TUGOWU v1). The 999,999 hit combo (among other things) should have helped promote it, but it just didn't work out that way.

>AKheon

Among our best glitchers.

>Shen

Pity he didn't do too much beyond GoWII.

>speedruns

Not so much what this place was about, though we welcomed the tech, talk, etc.

>prefer challenge runs

As do I.

>GoW1 vanilla VH work

Yes, you mentioned doing PAIN prior to NUR+. A curious call.

>best challenge runner

I went over this elsewhere.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Masterkiller103

>TUGOW V1

Its sad to see a forum destroyed by its own admin.

>999,999 hit combo

I belive it got a lot of views but i guess, the forum never got that intrest, its sad to see that no one posts or hang around this place feels like a ghost forum i guess you have never left.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MrStarkiller

>destroyed by

Anything. Admin, host, banks or whatever else. Not the first time I'd seen it. Nor would it be the last.

>never got that interest

Oh, it did. Just not something that can last forever. Not while key members were made to suffer exile for a spell. This took a toll. Ending of the trilogy? Another toll. Competing website takes the key members? Hits keep coming. GS splits from GFAQs? You already know. Ascension buries GoW proper in muck (sending much of the community away *including vets*). That was it.

It was my efforts that preserved the place when unions were set to be erased. Nu-GoW didn't offer any reason for business to really pick up. Obviously Nu-GoWII doesn't change that situation. While we gain new members, few see reason to just hang out here. It isn't that sort of place any longer. A community. This warden is one over the archives of the entombed. This while I seek those making for worthy additions to add to the pile of grand remembrances. The name of TUGOWU endures.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Masterkiller103

Who Originally created this union again? I recall eternal right?

I agree with what you say, what website exactly took they key members? YT?

>Your efforts preserved when unions were erased

Appreciated, can't see why would they remove a feature so loved by the community more than anything else. People were like "please please don't take our unions :(" And GS was like "GET DENIED FOOLS."

>Nu-GoW

Screw that game, and whoever thinks that Kratos would become that loser with self-controled manners with 0 anger, turned all the characters to emotinal crybabies who need someone to talk to to get thier self-esteem to a mediocre, such a shame for Ghost of Sparta to end up like that.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MrStarkiller

>Eternal

HA! HA! No. I'd invited him later on. StudioMAZ made TUGOWU v1. This is TUGOWU v2. That was by Culrfro.

>took key members

Less took and more 'accepted'. ProBoards for a bit. GFAQs and gow3forums (while it existed).

>YT

Some persisted there. Some still do.

>can't see why

They were never straight shooters about the matter.

>hates the 'maturity'

Unearned development, no less. Just pathetic.

TafZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TafZ
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

Hello fellas. I'm Mustafa (didn't wanna start with "I'm Zesty" because what the hell? It's a nickname). I've been playing GoW games from 2011 up until now. My first GoW was GoW2 and i played it a shit ton. Played GoW1 too but not as much as 2 becuz the first game was way too difficult for 10 year old me.

Never played with challenge runs and all that becuz i never knew people with this much knowledge about the in depth mechanics even existed, until late 2022. I'm a youtuber with the main focus being God of War. Channel's called ExtremeGameplays if anyone asked.

Felt like sharing my run history (it's all been live streamed on the channel, if anyone is interested):

GoW1:

NUR+ (Clone war and Ares 2 included).

PAIN (Clone war and Ares 2 included).

NUR+ Glitchless Speedrun

This one got two timers. The NUR+ timer (just

beating Ares 1) was 3h59m.

The Speedrun rules (sitting on the throne)

timer was 4h52m.

Arty NUR+

Arty PAIN

GoW2:

NUR+

PAIN+

GKPAIN+

GK Wings Only

GoW3:

NUR+

PAIN+

No Evade Run+ NBR+

GoWA:

NUR+ (shield)

GoS:

NUR+

CoO:

NUR+

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrStarkiller

@tafz: >nickname

You would find that the old internet (which TUGOWU v2 was still forged from) didn't put much stock into unmasking lightly.

>too difficult

Mostly jobbing to platforming if I recall correctly.

>never knew

Never really did forums is the impression I got.

>some details skipped

Can't be helped.

>(challenge) Run History

More for the 'specialty run' topic, but just the same.

>GoW1 PAIN*

A fine accomplishment, indeed.

>Speedrun

Depends on that final time, doesn't it? Of course, mixing with a challenge run wasn't a thing back in the day.

>meme runs

Amusing.

>GKPAIN+

Just need to go back for Zeus w/ BH.

>GoS and CoO

>not beyond NUR+

Thought you did PAIN+ with the latter, at least. The old man forgets. Too many students over the (now) decades.

>GoWIII

NGR+ NUR+ (for real)? Soon. Got that for each entry to consider. Then there is NBR+ NUR+ for all. In time, 'No Evade' and 'No Jump' may well get recognized. We'll see. Frankly, I think there is little chance for the latter (just a gag referencing the HPotF curse for a full run). Can be amusing, but isn't really worthy to stand on its own. Sort of a Nu-GoW reference, really. No Evade plays a bit more to a more vital mechanic. Some potential to measure up to NBR+, at least. Still a bit of a joke, but it has its moments. NUR+ will be combined with them as baseline, as you should expect (just wouldn't amount to much with the full arsenal).

NOTE: Can't be forgetting 'greed' and all that other silliness XYZ 'rage' ONLY. So many runs. So little time. You know the woes.

TafZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TafZ
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

@MrStarkiller

>Platforming

Yeah, but also generally, GoW1 was simply harder to play at the time for some reason.

>Never did forums

Yes.

>Depends on the final time

I got the sad news a night before the speedrun. Couldn't even practice Clone War. In the speedrun 'guidelines' the run ends when you lose control of your character. Clone War had to be done. Surprisingly, i jobbed in other spots and took longer there than the actual Clone War. Zesty things.

>Go back to Zeus w/BH

You REALLY want that air MotK knockback on the Sirens, huh?

>Too many students

Yes, master.

Did this sudden appearance of challenge runners just... happen all of a sudden? Did we all just show up in the early days of 2022 (Zim, me, Wright, Zig, others)?

>GoW3 NGR+ NUR+

That's gonna REALLY have to wait. GoW1, 2, and possibly Ascension first.

>No evade, No jump

I thought it would be No evade and no block but with NUR+ added to it. It seems that you really want the full Nu-GoW meme.

>Greed

GoW1 is the one i have most interest in. I don't know if i will do GoW2 Greed. We'll see.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MrStarkiller

@tafz: >for some reason

Couldn't imagine why beyond platforming. It wasn't as stiff as GoWII, though it did have some other issues with targeting, priority, false t0, OS whiffs, etc.

>forum inexperience

A generational thing. I grew up as forums came to exist on the internet (not so much Usenet groups).

>guidelines

Whose guidelines, exactly? If you're not going for Leaderboards as a member of their community, their rules mean nothing at all.

>had to be done

Not how NUR+ works. Speedrun or otherwise. They only get a say in the matter in their neck of the woods. If one wants to compete against others, there must be standards for these things. Simple as that. Are you competing?

>deep air MotK

"You will not live long enough to see it landed. I will see to that." *tosses bolt* - Old Man Thunder Cheek Clapper

>around the same time

More or less. I'd had a dozen with half of them prospects for VH PAIN+ ToA W1 (falling through) leading up to Zim.

>really have to wait

Just prep properly this time. Refresh yourself on the rules lest you wreck yourself once more.

NOTE: Maybe have one of those "mods" (if not chat at large) in charge of REMINDING you. Make themselves useful instead of harping on as teenagers about fictional waifus and whether they want to bang them and who is most submissive/breedable.

>full Nu-GoW1 meme

That comes later. The two runs noted are to be done with NUR+ not with each other. Simulating base level against max level foes (skull PL gap)? That would permit evade, but not blocking. ND, either. One-shots, remember? Not sure it would be NGR+, but possibly NGR. The lack of a jump is a given. Hell, 'traversal' would be done dirty. Your boy Omar was speaking of a run concerning that and a few other matters (trying to force a runner to be more 'honest' in the open).

>most interest

It's okay. Would have been better with the PS2 version for sure. GoWII will let me work with more things since the port won't be an issue there.