TUGOWU Rules and Introductions. New members, read them then post.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#101 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~Hey. I suppose we can forgive your long wait before experiencing the awesome as long as you're a fan. I'm glad to have another player here to talk with. Once you've beaten GoW2 you should do a NUR, it'll get you more well-known within the union, improve your skills, and give me a chance to give some advice!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

Hey Union Fam.. Im AuthItalynGyrl (AIG for short, not not like the insurance :lol: ) I am JUST NOW playing GOW 1.. smh @ me waiting so long I know, Forgive me??!

Im just about finished with the first installment, and I will be moving quickly to play the second. What can I say, Im an addict!

I'm into Halo, and Prince of Persia, now along with GOW the most, I've been gaming since Nintendo with some breaks in between for various reasons. BUT, I know have almost every system at home and can play my little heart out!! 8)

Anyways, just wanted to come say HEY to my new found fam!

~AIG

AuthItalynGyrl

GoW1.  Then I must ask..do you have any intention of doing a No Update Run? *going through the game with lvl1 weapons/spells *upgrades to health/magic are allowed*  If I so, know that Hard and God cannot be completed past Ares1.  The clones are where it ends.  A Normal NUR can be done to completion.

If not, I'd like to add another member to the NUR club for GoWII at the very least.  There are a number of us who are willing and able to give sound advice for NURs.  By the time you get to that point there will be a number of us who have at least done a Titan Mode NUR (myself having done a GK:TM:NUR *no need to explain it here*)

~Welcome to TUGOWU.  I am GodModeGOD, Senior Officer and our leader curlfro should be returning within this week.

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 AuthItalynGyrl
Member since 2007 • 553 Posts

~Hey. I suppose we can forgive your long wait before experiencing the awesome as long as you're a fan. I'm glad to have another player here to talk with. Once you've beaten GoW2 you should do a NUR, it'll get you more well-known within the union, improve your skills, and give me a chance to give some advice!InfernoPirate

:lol: Well thanks.. thats a relief.. yes I've become a HUGE fan/addict since playin GOW1.. and I do SOOO plan on playing GOW2 ASAP.. (4 kids, a fiance, a house, and a full time job doesn't leave to much room to sit around playin video games all day, although we have our gaming weekends in our house LOL)

I was looking thru the NUR thread, i have to admit it intreaged me, and Im still just playing on normal mode, I went home last after my normal running around, feeding the kids, and cleaning up and played some more, I'm now up to the challenge of Hades (I belive im almost finished with this).  any and all advice is more then welcome my way.. I'm not a stuffy gamer.. LOL I don't mind some advice and tips.. anything to be a better gamer right?? ;) 

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AuthItalynGyrl
[QUOTE="AuthItalynGyrl"]

Hey Union Fam.. Im AuthItalynGyrl (AIG for short, not not like the insurance :lol: ) I am JUST NOW playing GOW 1.. smh @ me waiting so long I know, Forgive me??!

Im just about finished with the first installment, and I will be moving quickly to play the second. What can I say, Im an addict!

I'm into Halo, and Prince of Persia, now along with GOW the most, I've been gaming since Nintendo with some breaks in between for various reasons. BUT, I know have almost every system at home and can play my little heart out!! 8)

Anyways, just wanted to come say HEY to my new found fam!

~AIG

the-creeper

GoW1. Then I must ask..do you have any intention of doing a No Update Run? *going through the game with lvl1 weapons/spells *upgrades to health/magic are allowed* If I so, know that Hard and God cannot be completed past Ares1. The clones are where it ends. A Normal NUR can be done to completion.

If not, I'd like to add another member to the NUR club for GoWII at the very least. There are a number of us who are willing and able to give sound advice for NURs. By the time you get to that point there will be a number of us who have at least done a Titan Mode NUR (myself having done a GK:TM:NUR *no need to explain it here*)

~Welcome to TUGOWU. I am GodModeGOD, Senior Officer and our leader curlfro should be returning within this week.

It's funny you say this, as I stated in my othe reply, I was reading thru the NUR thread yesterday and was very intrigued, then I spoke to a friend who asked me if I had played on Titan mode yet, unfortunatly I have not, as I am still trying to finish this game for the first time.. so I brought it up to my fiance (whom is going to try GOW today while im at work.. LOL and he is a HUGE gamer) anyway.. sorry for the rambling. LOL I told him about doing the game on Titan mode without upgrading anything, he was TOTALLY stoked, he loves a challange so Im going to safely say that Im sure once he plays GOW today, he will be joing the union and we will BOTH most def be workin in the NUR thread with you all.. so that will be Two members to add to it ;)

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 InfernoPirate
~Excellent! More members with GoW2 will really help our union.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 the-creeper

~Excellent! More members with GoW2 will really help our union. InfernoPirate

Indeed.  That and they intend to do NURs. 

~If he wants the final challenge after a Titan Mode NUR..he'll be needing to do a General Kratos (costume) Titan Mode No Update Run (in Bonus Play).  To get General Kratos you must collect 20 Cyclops Eyes (only Cyclops Berserkers *ridable ones with tree stump like club* give them)

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 InfernoPirate
~In my opinion the easiest way to do that is to beat the game once, then do the first Challenge of the Titans until you have all of them. You have a 30 second time limit anyway, so it shouldn't take too long.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 the-creeper

~In my opinion the easiest way to do that is to beat the game once, then do the first Challenge of the Titans until you have all of them. You have a 30 second time limit anyway, so it shouldn't take too long. InfernoPirate

I enjoyed having 3 Cyclops Berserkers come at me at once while I had infinite Health/Magic/RotT in AotF..LOLOLOL Respawn.

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 InfernoPirate
~Right. That works too. If you're un-lazy enough to do all of the Challenges though.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 the-creeper

~Right. That works too. If you're un-lazy enough to do all of the Challenges though.InfernoPirate

Well, it worked towards my strengths...What can I say?

forsaken_elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 forsaken_elf
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Names Elf, Im a big time gamer. Top Fav genres are shooter, Racing and Flight Sims. I just started up GOW the other day. My fiance (AuthItalynGyrl ) up top got me intrigued in the game. Between watching her play and reading up on her review of the game i gave it a shot. Definately wasn't disapointed, few drawbacks to the game i don't like but all and all its a game you cant help but to play all day lol. I started up yesterday and today im up to The cliffs of atlas. Once i get a solide grasp of it all im definately gonna give the NUR a shot ;)

Till the next time,

Your local elf

Riff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#112 Riff60
Member since 2003 • 1589 Posts
Hey its Jason, long time no see guys.  I was a member of the GoW Union way back when.  So I guess I"M BACK!!!  I currently can't afford to buy GoW2 so...ya, but I haven't had my filll of the first one yet anyway.  Not much time for games these days, thank you for asking me back curlfro.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 the-creeper

Welcome new members one and all.

Hey Everyone,

Names Elf, Im a big time gamer. Top Fav genres are shooter, Racing and Flight Sims. I just started up GOW the other day. My fiance (AuthItalynGyrl ) up top got me intrigued in the game. Between watching her play and reading up on her review of the game i gave it a shot. Definately wasn't disapointed, few drawbacks to the game i don't like but all and all its a game you cant help but to play all day lol. I started up yesterday and today im up to The cliffs of atlas. Once i get a solide grasp of it all im definately gonna give the NUR a shot ;)

Till the next time,

Your local elf

forsaken_elf

A NUR you say.  In the future we'll be talking more then.  Perhaps I can interest you in the challenge that comes after a Titan Mode NUR/NUR+..a General Kratos : Titan Mode : No Update Run (GK:TM:NUR)

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 InfernoPirate
~I'm going to do that eventually GMG. With your expert guidance I'm sure I can reach it eventually!
forsaken_elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 forsaken_elf
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

[QUOTE="forsaken_elf"]

Hey Everyone,

Till the next time,

Your local elf

the-creeper

A NUR you say. In the future we'll be talking more then. Perhaps I can interest you in the challenge that comes after a Titan Mode NUR/NUR+..a General Kratos : Titan Mode : No Update Run (GK:TM:NUR)

Yeah i'll keep in touch.I've gotten pretty efficient at fighting in this game. Its al about timing and tactics. I'm at the hades part where his mouth lights the patha dn the smoldering lava balls roll your way.I'll keep ya posted on my progress ;) 

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#116 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts

Hey its Jason, long time no see guys.  I was a member of the GoW Union way back when.  So I guess I"M BACK!!!  I currently can't afford to buy GoW2 so...ya, but I haven't had my filll of the first one yet anyway.  Not much time for games these days, thank you for asking me back curlfro.Riff60

Welcome back Jason!  I see you're still mourning Christopther Reeve.  :D  (Not that that's a happy thing . . . :( )

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 the-creeper
[QUOTE="the-creeper"]

[QUOTE="forsaken_elf"]

Hey Everyone,

Till the next time,

Your local elf

forsaken_elf

A NUR you say. In the future we'll be talking more then. Perhaps I can interest you in the challenge that comes after a Titan Mode NUR/NUR+..a General Kratos : Titan Mode : No Update Run (GK:TM:NUR)

Yeah i'll keep in touch.I've gotten pretty efficient at fighting in this game. Its al about timing and tactics. I'm at the hades part where his mouth lights the patha dn the smoldering lava balls roll your way.I'll keep ya posted on my progress ;) 

Ah yes...GoW1.  Good stuff

~I bet you will Inferno..I bet you will

Riff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Riff60
Member since 2003 • 1589 Posts

[QUOTE="Riff60"]Hey its Jason, long time no see guys. I was a member of the GoW Union way back when. So I guess I"M BACK!!! I currently can't afford to buy GoW2 so...ya, but I haven't had my filll of the first one yet anyway. Not much time for games these days, thank you for asking me back curlfro.curlfro

Welcome back Jason! I see you're still mourning Christopther Reeve. :D (Not that that's a happy thing . . . :( )

Thanks for haveing me back.  Ya, still doing CR thing, I have much respect for him. 

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 InfernoPirate
~He was a pretty awesome guy, I must say.
Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

Strange, I just read your sig and realised Christopher Reeves was bron one day before me....my birthday is the 26th of September...not much...thought I'd share...

deshields538

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deshields538
Member since 2005 • 8699 Posts
Hey there. I'm Niall and I'm a big fan of the GOW series. Just bought the second one yesterday and completed it today (I love it that much). The reason I got into the series is because I'm big fan of history so when I first played the GOW demo it was hooked. I rented it the next day and completed twice. But I'm starting to rant now so hey there again :).
Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#122 Soulxxx
Member since 2004 • 2784 Posts

Welcome, friend! There is a series of questions I'm supposed to ask but I'll leave that to GMG.

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 InfernoPirate
~Oh, is there now Soul? I was never asked these questions. In fact, I don't know if I ever even posted in this thread when I joined.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 the-creeper

~Oh, is there now Soul? I was never asked these questions. In fact, I don't know if I ever even posted in this thread when I joined.InfernoPirate

Upon whim I'll sometimes ask if they've ever done a NUR and other GoW1 questions.  Howver GoWII is out and now I would ask questions concerning it.

~I'm not much for greetings honestly

---I prefer to talk business then throw in some troll humor here and there

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 InfernoPirate
~Mmm. Business.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 curlfro

Hey there. I'm Niall and I'm a big fan of the GOW series. Just bought the second one yesterday and completed it today (I love it that much). The reason I got into the series is because I'm big fan of history so when I first played the GOW demo it was hooked. I rented it the next day and completed twice. But I'm starting to rant now so hey there again :).deshields538

Welcome Deshields! :D 

-Shinobier-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 -Shinobier-
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

greeting.. was going to stop by earlier but i was keep getting page error till today.. :x

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Soulxxx

No way it's you... Prove it.

-Shinobier-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -Shinobier-

how am i suppose to prove it? as far as i know gamefaqs and gamespot ids' are bonded and i am the only one who uses this id. creeper should know it's me as he's seen my id numerous times on gamefaqs. >_

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 the-creeper

how am i suppose to prove it? as far as i know gamefaqs and gamespot ids' are bonded and i am the only one who uses this id. creeper should know it's me as he's seen my id numerous times on gamefaqs. >_

-Shinobier-

It's definately him.  You can tell my the style of posting alone.  Take for example his preferance for using text based emoticons VS no emoticons OR just using those available by format.

~I was wondering if you had been considering TUGOWU Shinobier..now that you are here I'll add your accomplishments to the NUR Club Thread

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Soulxxx
Welcome then!
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 the-creeper

Welcome then!Soulxxx

Tell me MOAR of your progress through Titan Mode.

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Soulxxx

I borrowed it to a friend.. and tomorrow I'm gonna drop by his place to see how far he's made it. So far he says the game's the best and he loved it very much.

He wants to FBI it too (You know what I mean). Then I'll be able to take my game...

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 the-creeper

I borrowed it to a friend.. and tomorrow I'm gonna drop by his place to see how far he's made it. So far he says the game's the best and he loved it very much.

He wants to FBI it too (You know what I mean). Then I'll be able to take my game...

Soulxxx

LOL You did what I could/would not..let someone borrow what I wasn't finished with yet.

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Soulxxx

I'm not worried... I was pretty occupied at work anyway. Gotta learn all this stuff.. making whoppers etc...

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 the-creeper

I'm not worried... I was pretty occupied at work anyway. Gotta learn all this stuff.. making whoppers etc...

Soulxxx

So how's the King treating (RAEPING) you?

~Does he ever blink?

Soulxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Soulxxx

Sorry, I had to go to bed... I slept for like 6.5 hours. And now I gotta go to school.

So we'll talk about the King later.

Snake4eva_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#138 Snake4eva_92
Member since 2006 • 5656 Posts

Sorry, I had to go to bed... I slept for like 6.5 hours. And now I gotta go to school.

So we'll talk about the King later.

Soulxxx

You know you love him really...

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AuthItalynGyrl
Hey fellas. I recruited another member for the union... He is the one who got me into playing GoW.. Im sure he will be in this thread soon to say hey.. his name is trumanb4u
TruManB4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 TruManB4U
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey Everyone! My name is Vincent. You can cal me Vince or TRU. Been friends with AIG for quite a while. Finally pulled her away from Halo long enough to try simply the greatest game ever created God Of War. Naturally, she was hooked...and why not. Im not as hardcore as I used to be...but when I find something I like...I play the hell out of it!!! So...thanks for letting me join and I hope to get to know a lot of you. Later...

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 the-creeper

Hey Everyone! My name is Vincent. You can cal me Vince or TRU. Been friends with AIG for quite a while. Finally pulled her away from Halo long enough to try simply the greatest game ever created God Of War. Naturally, she was hooked...and why not. Im not as hardcore as I used to be...but when I find something I like...I play the hell out of it!!! So...thanks for letting me join and I hope to get to know a lot of you. Later...

TruManB4U

Welcome.  To get a better idea of where you stand I'd like to hear the answers to the following questions:

In GoW1:

Have you beaten God Mode?

Have you done a NUR/NUR+?

Have you completed Challenge of the Gods?

In GoWII:

Have you beaten Titan Mode?

Have you completed Challenge of the Titans?  Unlocked Arena of the Fates?

Have you unlocked all costumes?  Found all Urns?

~That will be sufficient knowledge for now

---I am called GodModeGOD here (rather then "the-creeper")

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 curlfro

TruManB4U

Welcome Vince!  Hope you enjoy the union and GameSpot as a whole! :D 

TruManB4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TruManB4U

Well...Let's see...toanswer your questions....

No...I haven't beaten God Mode yet. I'm kinda deep on GOW2 right now...but I suppose I should go back and do it...

LOL!! Funny you should ask that...AIG has us doing a NUR on GOW2...I'm a little further ahead than she is..and I keep cursing my weak blades!!

I've gotten through about half of them.

No I haven't beaten Titan mode...Think I will attack that after I finish my NUR.

I've only completed one of the challenges. But I have found 2 of the urns. And I haven't unlocked all the costumes.

However...I think I saw where someone found the second alternate weapon...I will have to go back and pick that up.

the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 the-creeper

Well...Let's see...toanswer your questions....

No...I haven't beaten God Mode yet. I'm kinda deep on GOW2 right now...but I suppose I should go back and do it...

Later then.

LOL!! Funny you should ask that...AIG has us doing a NUR on GOW2...I'm a little further ahead than she is..and I keep cursing my weak blades!!

O RLY? So you too are doing NURs before Titan Mode. To be honest, it won't make it much easier. It's best to master leveled items/moves and the exploits they allow before mastering basic level items/moves and the exploits you would find under the pressure.

I've gotten through about half of them.

So about CotG7 then? Perhaps we'll revist them some time..

No I haven't beaten Titan mode...Think I will attack that after I finish my NUR.

Good stuff.

I've only completed one of the challenges. But I have found 2 of the urns. And I haven't unlocked all the costumes.

CotT2 holding you back? That is a tough one..especially to get a Titan rank *at first*. Know I've got all "Titan" ranks on it.

However...I think I saw where someone found the second alternate weapon...I will have to go back and pick that up.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean Urn perhaps? All the sub-weapons (3) are pretty much forced upon you.

TruManB4U
strikeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#145 strikeagain
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts

Probably with some big delay. Hi im hermes im from greece im enormous fan of gow series and i just yesterday i had my first attept of a NUR for the gow( yea im right on the fire again).

7thwhms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 7thwhms

hi,

my name is Sarah and i;m a huge GOW fan! i cant wait 2 meet all of u!

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 curlfro
Welcome Sarah! Be sure to check out the GOW II Tactics/Tips thread. (Lord knows GMG worked hard enough on it)
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 the-creeper

Welcome Sarah! Be sure to check out the GOW II Tactics/Tips thread. (Lord knows GMG worked hard enough on it)curlfro

Indeed. I'm still working on it in reality but it does have a considerable amount of info in it at the moment.

Sarah is it..Got any nicknames? (Ex: Seventh, Seven, SE7EN, etc. *playing on your screen name*)

Welcome. To get a better idea of where you stand I'd like to hear the answers to the following questions:

In GoW1:

Have you beaten God Mode?

Have you completed Challenge of the Gods?

In GoWII:

Have you beaten Titan Mode?

Have you completed Challenge of the Titans? Unlocked Arena of the Fates?

Have you unlocked all costumes? Found all Urns?

~That will be sufficient knowledge for now

---I am called GodModeGOD here (rather then "the-creeper")

I'm the guy who likes to gauge the other members on things concerning the game itself.

AuthItalynGyrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AuthItalynGyrl
Welcome New Ladies and Gents...
una_falda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 una_falda

Hi...o.o

im new here :D

steven told me to come while we were having buttsecks last night and i less than3 the game

jk he didnt really tell me to come

er....so....kthxbai