Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Romperstomper74
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
Ok this started off in the introduction thread and as Theliar said I started a new thread to stop the constant posting in there. Just an update for you guys, I have managed to get myself through the challange of hades unscathed and I havent long ago required the army of hades. I am working my way through the Cliffs of Madness. I have come to a part where I have to slide down a rope and go straight into the cave to where there is a pool of water or puddle more like, and I have a couple of archers, a couple of undead warriors and 2 minotaurs to kill, there is also a blinking chest in this room and I've been told to use the Plume of Promethus (sp), only problem I am finding right now is that move is a little slow to get going because i am thrown in the middle of a bunch of enemies with little life/magic so im finding a new way around this one at the moment but other than that everything is going great and im still playing on spartan mode
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 theliar
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Ok this started off in the introduction thread and as Theliar said I started a new thread to stop the constant posting in there. Just an update for you guys, I have managed to get myself through the challange of hades unscathed and I havent long ago required the army of hades. I am working my way through the Cliffs of Madness. I have come to a part where I have to slide down a rope and go straight into the cave to where there is a pool of water or puddle more like, and I have a couple of archers, a couple of undead warriors and 2 minotaurs to kill, there is also a blinking chest in this room and I've been told to use the Plume of Promethus (sp), only problem I am finding right now is that move is a little slow to get going because i am thrown in the middle of a bunch of enemies with little life/magic so im finding a new way around this one at the moment but other than that everything is going great and im still playing on spartan mode Romperstomper74

This threads purpose will cover GoW1 and GoWII non-Speciality run assistance of topic creator. This will also cover Challenge of the Gods/Titans. IF and WHEN you begin a NUR, speedrun, etc., it is to be announced/covered in the appropriate thread.

That is the room just prior to the Hera's Necklace puzzle *which I hate because they aren't my thing and when you've done it before..it only feel less welcome..thus my love of skipping said parts *though that isn't an option for you as I don't intend to give away such tricks (not that you would do that to your 1st time through...) until you've finished this run*.

As for PoP..those that rely on that alone are in for HARSH TIMES in God (GoW1) / Titan (GoWII). Even when you expand your usage to "Spirit" whoring..you've got to learn to abuse the heavy hitters of each respective title to create easy fights. GoW1 was all about air grab/OH infinites and throws *Homerun and other things not considered since they are advanced tricks* while GoWII is all about throws and collisions. Both have their favored spells *typically electric based* for creating easy fights...I'll leave this info vague for now as it isn't your concern right now.

NOTE: What ended up working for you against the Desert Kings (Cyclops) outside Pandora's Gate? Did you practice what I had told you or just did whatever worked? *likely PR if that was the case*

Avatar image for Romperstomper74
Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Romperstomper74
To kill the desert kings I used the plume of promethus constantly to get them whittled down, I also used the poseidon's rage and didnt need to use the anger of the gods as you said the plume of prometheus was good enough to combat them on their own. I find myself sticking to the plume cause its the easiest powerful attack at my finger tips without using all of the magic up. But the problem I am having at the moment is that the area I am at I have hardly any life and hardly any magic due to the satyr's in this area draining me of what I have so I might find myself re-loading and seeing how I go
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 InfernoPirate
Member since 2005 • 1022 Posts
~I don't know what he did, but unless you're doing God Mode I generally find that Plume works beautifully. EDIT: Heheh, right before me.
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theliar

Inferno: She is doing a Spartan run currently. It is said that CotG/CotT are in her future..along with God/Titan *Very Hard on each title respectively*. Whether NUR/NUR+ is done for either remains to be seen.

To kill the desert kings I used the plume of promethus constantly to get them whittled down, I also used the poseidon's rage and didnt need to use the anger of the gods as you said the plume of prometheus was good enough to combat them on their own. I find myself sticking to the plume cause its the easiest powerful attack at my finger tips without using all of the magic up. But the problem I am having at the moment is that the area I am at I have hardly any life and hardly any magic due to the satyr's in this area draining me of what I have so I might find myself re-loading and seeing how I go Romperstomper74

So you got good with PoP *stage 1 of the advice given*. That is a good start..will be of great use beneath God difficulty *even of a little use here and there on that one too given the proper level of skill*. "Spirit" *super plume* is the next step in abusing enders *for GoWII..certain run types weaken Kratos severely..thus "Valor" can be a better choice alround*.

Back to basics then..I trust you were able to repeatedly use PoP to stun the Desert Kings then. Were you able to locate any of the areas that allow easy of whoring such attacks for that fight? It wouldn't really be needed but it brings to the difficulty of the fight down to an almost stupid level once you find said spots. PR will treat you right in GoW1..that spell is well worth every orb it gets.

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of convincing with you as far as proving how GREAT Artemis CAN be until you begin either a God Mode run..or a NUR/NUR+ *or both >_>*. Once you start those sort of runs..I'll be unloading the heavy hitting exploits on you. Until then...I suggest you refer to the GoW1 Tactics/Tips thread for details concerning each beast/boss. Satyrs are the ELITE fighter of GoW1..far harder then they were in the second *though they are still a joke for those at my level*.

EDIT

There is SOOO much work that I need to do concerning the GoW1/GoWII Tactics/Tips threads and the CoO Comprehensive Thread....because I still can't EDIT those b*st*rds..It looks like I'll have to actually create new threads using updated copypasta. There is just an a**load of room to improve on both threads..It will be a week long project IF and WHEN I do it in all likelihood. Just look at all the crap listed and then think that it isn't nearly complete on either front with all the new info gathered by myself and others....Looks like I've got another chore around here..at least that will take up the spot I had set up for recording as it had been dark for over a week here..rediculous..I wouldn't give a s*** if I could record without sunlight's aid.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Romperstomper74

Inferno: She is doing a Spartan run currently. It is said that CotG/CotT are in her future..along with God/Titan *Very Hard on each title respectively*. Whether NUR/NUR+ is done for either remains to be seen.

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]To kill the desert kings I used the plume of promethus constantly to get them whittled down, I also used the poseidon's rage and didnt need to use the anger of the gods as you said the plume of prometheus was good enough to combat them on their own. I find myself sticking to the plume cause its the easiest powerful attack at my finger tips without using all of the magic up. But the problem I am having at the moment is that the area I am at I have hardly any life and hardly any magic due to the satyr's in this area draining me of what I have so I might find myself re-loading and seeing how I go theliar

So you got good with PoP *stage 1 of the advice given*. That is a good start..will be of great use beneath God difficulty *even of a little use here and there on that one too given the proper level of skill*. "Spirit" *super plume* is the next step in abusing enders *for GoWII..certain run types weaken Kratos severely..thus "Valor" can be a better choice alround*.

Yes I got very good at using the PoP, because that is one of the main moves I have concentrated on getting perfect as you have advised me in the past and I have found that you are right when you said it does the most damage and is one of the powerful attacks. I didnt go looking for places to whore the power around what I tend to do is try and get myself into a position to start the Pop and when I have done the Triangle prompt of it I use the roll function and then start again, I have found that it stuns the enemy backwards giving me yet more space to perform one Pop after another.

Back to basics then..I trust you were able to repeatedly use PoP to stun the Desert Kings then. Were you able to locate any of the areas that allow easy of whoring such attacks for that fight? It wouldn't really be needed but it brings to the difficulty of the fight down to an almost stupid level once you find said spots. PR will treat you right in GoW1..that spell is well worth every orb it gets.

Yes I repeatedly used PoP to bring them down and found that I didnt have to use my magic now the AotG neither, that the PoP was just as powerful on its own without using them and wasting them, they actually were of more use to me when I got inside the temple and had to use my magic against the Wraiths which I find a right pain in the a**.

I don't think I'll be doing a lot of convincing with you as far as proving how GREAT Artemis CAN be until you begin either a God Mode run..or a NUR/NUR+ *or both >_>*. Once you start those sort of runs..I'll be unloading the heavy hitting exploits on you. Until then...I suggest you refer to the GoW1 Tactics/Tips thread for details concerning each beast/boss. Satyrs are the ELITE fighter of GoW1..far harder then they were in the second *though they are still a joke for those at my level*.

To be honest with you I read somewhere that advised me to use the blade of Artemis on the giant Minataur boss in the previous section, but i found the blades of chaos and the rolling around much easier in combat against him as the blade of Artemis slows Kratos down something chronic and the blades of chaos provide a much more powerful attack for him.

EDIT

There is SOOO much work that I need to do concerning the GoW1/GoWII Tactics/Tips threads and the CoO Comprehensive Thread....because I still can't EDIT those b*st*rds..It looks like I'll have to actually create new threads using updated copypasta. There is just an a**load of room to improve on both threads..It will be a week long project IF and WHEN I do it in all likelihood. Just look at all the crap listed and then think that it isn't nearly complete on either front with all the new info gathered by myself and others....Looks like I've got another chore around here..at least that will take up the spot I had set up for recording as it had been dark for over a week here..rediculous..I wouldn't give a s*** if I could record without sunlight's aid.

As for this part I would offer my help to you in copying out the threads for you into new threads and so on, but then as you said you need to add more information to them from yourself and other uses and also I wouldnt want to put other peoples noses out of joint, but I know how frustrated you are about not having enough light to do filming which will set you back and then there are people like me who are taking up most of your time for help which I do really appreciate, all I can say to you is hang in there and I hope that conditions get better for you and you are able to get done all the work that you need to get done!

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theliar
[QUOTE="theliar"]

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]To kill the desert kings I used the plume of promethus constantly to get them whittled down, I also used the poseidon's rage and didnt need to use the anger of the gods as you said the plume of prometheus was good enough to combat them on their own. I find myself sticking to the plume cause its the easiest powerful attack at my finger tips without using all of the magic up. But the problem I am having at the moment is that the area I am at I have hardly any life and hardly any magic due to the satyr's in this area draining me of what I have so I might find myself re-loading and seeing how I go Romperstomper74

Yes I got very good at using the PoP, because that is one of the main moves I have concentrated on getting perfect as you have advised me in the past and I have found that you are right when you said it does the most damage and is one of the powerful attacks. I didnt go looking for places to whore the power around what I tend to do is try and get myself into a position to start the Pop and when I have done the Triangle prompt of it I use the roll function and then start again, I have found that it stuns the enemy backwards giving me yet more space to perform one Pop after another.

You could use other means to 'cancel' attacks early. Since PoP is short, there is no need for this strat usually, but...if you use Spirit *pre-lvl3*..I'd advise using all the initial attacks to guide your attack positioning *keeping away from foes* and only releasing the final blast upon the targets. You can follow up both PoP and Spirit with Ascension for super launch *$tyle* if you press and hold triangle as the final hit lands. *obviously not to be used against non-launchable foes*.

You do indeed have PoP down. Later you will have to learn stronger technics of abuse..such as infinite OH/air grabs (GoW1).

Yes I repeatedly used PoP to bring them down and found that I didnt have to use my magic now the AotG neither, that the PoP was just as powerful on its own without using them and wasting them, they actually were of more use to me when I got inside the temple and had to use my magic against the Wraiths which I find a right pain in the a**.

With sufficient control over these tactics..fights against GoW1 Cyclops can be as easy as that on all settings. Rage of the Gods nor magic need not apply. Wraiths can be quite easily handled in GoW1...the right tactics are important considerations of course.

To be honest with you I read somewhere that advised me to use the blade of Artemis on the giant Minataur boss in the previous section, but i found the blades of chaos and the rolling around much easier in combat against him as the blade of Artemis slows Kratos down something chronic and the blades of chaos provide a much more powerful attack for him.

Artemis requires a high level of familiarity with the bosses in order to be applied. Of veteran level at least really. lvl1 Artemis isn't going to match lvl3-5 Blades. There isn't a whole lot of reason for actually leveling it as its shining momets are either in a NUR/NUR+ or as an exploit tool *platforming and combat*. The true issue with that Blade is the poor blocking *lack of parry*. I only advise it for God NUR/NUR+ use in that fight as you would first have to be a Veteran at least to use it well.

You'll need to be learning things like Homerun, Spike and Punt *the real killer of the 3* to begin enjoying what that weapon can do..skill with it..transfers *mostly* as skill with the Blade of the Gods *later*. Abusing the R1 attack it has is also key. Roll canceling works nearly as well with Artemis..but it doesn't have a "rush canceling" trick as it has no 'rush'...just a thrust.

EDIT

As for this part I would offer my help to you in copying out the threads for you into new threads and so on, but then as you said you need to add more information to them from yourself and other uses and also I wouldnt want to put other peoples noses out of joint, but I know how frustrated you are about not having enough light to do filming which will set you back and then there are people like me who are taking up most of your time for help which I do really appreciate, all I can say to you is hang in there and I hope that conditions get better for you and you are able to get done all the work that you need to get done!

As you've figured..this sort of work requires later editting..which only the master level players can assist with. Most of those are wrapped up in other affairs though. As for sunlight..no luck on that front. Assisting other users through these fights is no trouble...it is creating EPIC threads/posts with loads of relevant info that proves troublesome. If I wasn't currently at the Translator in GoWII..I'd likely be practicing upcoming recordings..Atlas Lift and the battle outside the Palace of Fates will be easy as ever..I have a little trouble with that spike floor, revolving hell trap with Nymphs so practice is needed. Wave 3..I've gotten a little testing in on the fight but couldn't really crack any HUGE breakthroughs for that fight..figured the connection between us and the one we protect *defense %*...but that doesn't change the tactics up a whole lot. THAT is what I have hours worth of testing/practice to look foward to...I'd RATHER work on that then the threads in all honesty..but the info I have right now is shameful here and there when I pass through those threads..a lot of good..even great stuff..but a lot of things need expanding or downright correcting. I had to be vague in the GoWII coverage as the thread was SUPER EPIC despite keeping things to a minumum.

I'll likely start by just creating *then locking* a thread with LOADS of posts to EDIT with the info later (for each). I have a hard time starting this sort of work unless I break it down into steps/phases.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Romperstomper74
Ok so I got through the hera necklace and aphrodite necklace part unscathed, and Im now into the area where I am about to get Pandoras box. Having a little bit of trouble with this section as I have a whole herd of regenerating Harpies that are dive bombing me plus a couple of archers that respawn when they want too. Prior to coming to this section of the game I did manage to upgrade my Blades of Chaos to level 5 so I have full capacity of my weapon, I have quite a bit of life bar but hardly any magic so Im trying to get to the Anger of the Gods to use the infinate magic exploit but so far that isnt working, but I am sure I will manage to find a way through it like I have in previous sticky situations.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 InfernoPirate
~Ah, this part. My advice is just stick with it, eventually you'll find your groove and can get through pretty easily. If it really causes a problem however, you can simply skip it.
Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Romperstomper74
Ok I found my groove as it were and I am now currently at the final battles, I have a shed load of enemies to kill before I come up against Ares! And to be honest with you I am finding this game much harder than the 2nd one I dont know if its just me or what but there are a lot of tricky parts in it compared to the second one and I played that one first before this one, think that was a good idea lol
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 InfernoPirate
~Really? I've always thought the second was much harder. The first one may have had the Cliffs of Madness and such (not hard per se, but annoying as hell *rings of pandora as well*), but the second one had more genuinely difficult sections, such as Theseus *titan mode only* and the Translator battle *any difficulty*. But I suppose certain people are better at different things. The first one is only harder *to me* in the respect that you don't have as many moves to choose from, limiting your combat options.
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theliar

Ok I found my groove as it were and I am now currently at the final battles, I have a shed load of enemies to kill before I come up against Ares! And to be honest with you I am finding this game much harder than the 2nd one I dont know if its just me or what but there are a lot of tricky parts in it compared to the second one and I played that one first before this one, think that was a good idea lolRomperstomper74

Perosonally I thought the second posed the greater challenge *period*.

At any rate, which fight are you at now? I'd assume you've reached Ares as the fights just before him aren't tough. The last 'hard' one is the 11 Hades Satyrs. After Ares 1 though..the Clones will be your hosts in their house of Pain. On Spartan you could probably wing it. On your first God run though..there is a certain strategy you will need...it is the ULTIMATE for that part in a run allowing leveling.

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InfernoPirate
~Homerun amirite? Created by one brilliant GMG if I'm not mistaken?
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alucard_rules
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
GMG speaks the truth(as if he would do otherwise). Ares on God mode is really cheap. Make sure that you have full magic by the end of the first stage. Abuse infinite magic with the RotG against the clones, also, the square, hold square move is very useful here. And the final stage is very hard as well. The Blade of the Gods is basically a weaker, unwieldy Blade of Artemis, and Ares is still very cheap, especially his palm blast. It is unblockable, hard to predict, and usually followed up by a multiple claw attack, usually killing you, even if you have more health than Ares. square is almost the only attack I use in this fight, along with R1. Most other attacks are too slow, too weak, or just unnecessary. Also, once he roars, mash square, and hopefully after doing a little damage you'll do a test of strength with him and do even more damage. Good luck. I just finished a God mode run. I had been playing a bunch of GOWII specialty runs lately, and I felt like going back to GOWI and doing a regular God mode run to change things up a bit. The Clones, and especially Ares2 still gave me a good bit of trouble. Nothing a little perseverance didn't fix.
Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Romperstomper74

Yeah I found GOWII easier than the first one, you are right with having more combos to use when fighting, Even Zeus on Spartan mode in GOWII was a walkthrough for me, but as pointed out some people are better at certain things than others.

I am through the first phase of Ares he gave me a hell of a lot of trouble, but I used hades army several times to kill him along with the rage of the gods as well and just whored hades army as much as I could whilst that was in motion. I am now at the clones stage of the battle and that is also giving me trouble I have taken to whoring poseidens rage with normal magic and rage of the gods exploit of infinate magic, and jus the run of the mill slamming square and any other button my fingers manage to get too.

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 InfernoPirate
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sMTz7ff6O0Q
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alucard_rules

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sMTz7ff6O0QInfernoPirate

Seeing that has made me consider trying to FINISH a God Mode NUR+. Although, I wish the earlier part of the clone battle was shown as well.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Romperstomper74
OK after watching that I think I am going to get the blades of Artemis out, as I have been using the blades of chaos, and spamming the rage of the gods when I had it and also Poseidon's rage when I could, because I'm going into this battle with a lot of life but only little magic but full bar on rage of the gods so I will try this out and see how it goes.
InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InfernoPirate
~Make sure to tell us how it goes. The BoA was my favorite weapon all the way through GoWI.
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alucard_rules

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sMTz7ff6O0QAlucard_rules

Seeing that has made me consider trying to FINISH a God Mode NUR+. Although, I wish the earlier part of the clone battle was shown as well.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I gave it a shot tonight, and I can see why it involves luck. Plus with how quickly I'm pressing the buttons, sometimes I don't do Plume, and accidentally just do square, triangle, which messes everything up. Magic does you very little good there. Maybe if I could get to the Blade of Artemis clones and Punt them, but I can't even get that far, usually I die a little after the Zeus' fury clone arrives, and I can't plume all of the little ****ers.

Edit: OP, I'm sorry if I've been just talking about myself lately. Anyway, have you beat it yet? Or have you at least beat the clones? The tactics employed in a NUR might actually help on a regular run too, plumes of Prometheus is a great way to tie up the clones, until there gets to be too many, at which point you can whore RotG Infinite Magic. Remember to start with Army of Hades and keep doing Poseidon's Rage until you can do Army of Hades again. Once you get to the Blade of Artemis Clones you should be fine, since there are usually less of them than the regular clones(if I remember right).

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theliar

Inferno:Thevid willhelp but nota whole lot when she is doing battle with the clones. I'dhave suggested a link to the clone strat *it variesonly slightybetween players*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=loSNbPKsTb0

Alucard: I don't suggest it. He had no faithin his ability to pull through at that point..was on the verge of quiting despite thehuge influx of supporters whocast that dream upon his shoulders to fulfill..lady luckallowed him passage to the end after hoursupon hours of failure despite all the tricks we had given him and his natural skill. He went so far as to say it didn't give any sense of accomplishment and wasn't worth the time/effort. Thusruns on God still end at Ares1 *though I ask that he at least be beaten before ending the run*for aNUR/NUR+

The early part ofthe battle was no different from what he had shown in his vid speaking of 'failure'. The middle *luck* is what I'd LOVE to observe..

Proceedif you wish..but I advise otherwise unless you wish to experience their House of Pain firsthand.

OK after watching that I think I am going to get the blades of Artemis out, as I have been using the blades of chaos, and spamming the rage of the gods when I had it and also Poseidon's rage when I could, because I'm going into this battle with a lot of life but only little magic but full bar on rage of the gods so I will try this out and see how it goes.Romperstomper74

You haven't had enough practice with it and know none of the Homerun techniques. I do not advise use of Artemis against Spartan (hard) or God Mode..especially lvl1..not for you quite yet. As for using NUR tactics to fight when you have leveled spells/weapons..don't bother is what I say. Use the tried and true way to PWN that fight in EPIC fashion as you should not hope for the 1 in 100 ofchance that master level skill + luck will alot a victory in a God NUR..let alone a NUR+ *though those settings don't actually differ a whole lot in the success path*. Luck factors to heavily.

I keep saying that adequate advise can be found in the threads I've linked to in the past. Have you not given them a look over?..Or are you waiting until you get to your God Mode run?

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Romperstomper74
I have looked at them and I have tried what has been suggested but I came across a problem last night for some reason the whole damn game froze and I have had to go back to Ares phase one so I have to work through that one again and then go back to the clones and see what else I can do as I have watched the videos even with the full levelled BoA its still not fast enough to get moving, I mush prefer the BoC as you said I didn't have enough practise with it because I tried using it with the Minotaur boss and it was just way too slow for me I didn't like it so my favourite weapon is the BoC
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theliar

I have looked at them and I have tried what has been suggested but I came across a problem last night for some reason the whole damn game froze and I have had to go back to Ares phase one so I have to work through that one again and then go back to the clones and see what else I can do as I have watched the videos even with the full levelled BoA its still not fast enough to get moving, I mush prefer the BoC as you said I didn't have enough practise with it because I tried using it with the Minotaur boss and it was just way too slow for me I didn't like it so my favourite weapon is the BoCRomperstomper74

As I've said before..I generally don't suggest Artemis until said person is at least in God Mode..preferably that they've beaten it already and have begun a NUR/NUR+. It takes greater skill to wield then the Blades.

For the Clone fight you won't really be using EITHER. Just spells by and large. *as seen in the link*

~You hadn't answered the question of whether or not you've yet to look at either Tactics/Tips threads..Sohave you? Despite it being 'out of order' according to what I know..it would provide a great deal of useful info for you to use.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Romperstomper74

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]I have looked at them and I have tried what has been suggested but I came across a problem last night for some reason the whole damn game froze and I have had to go back to Ares phase one so I have to work through that one again and then go back to the clones and see what else I can do as I have watched the videos even with the full levelled BoA its still not fast enough to get moving, I mush prefer the BoC as you said I didn't have enough practise with it because I tried using it with the Minotaur boss and it was just way too slow for me I didn't like it so my favourite weapon is the BoCtheliar

As I've said before..I generally don't suggest Artemis until said person is at least in God Mode..preferably that they've beaten it already and have begun a NUR/NUR+. It takes greater skill to wield then the Blades.

For the Clone fight you won't really be using EITHER. Just spells by and large. *as seen in the link*

~You hadn't answered the question of whether or not you've yet to look at either Tactics/Tips threads..Sohave you? Despite it being 'out of order' according to what I know..it would provide a great deal of useful info for you to use.

Yes I have looked at the tactis/Tips threads, and I have tried what they have suggested but it doesn't work for me so I currently looking for my own way around it and I'm getting better every time I fight in the clone battles. And I am back there already I took ares down the first time I reloaded the game! Which I am dead proud of because the first time it took me over half a dozen times to get to grips with him and his attacks

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 theliar
[QUOTE="theliar"]

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]I have looked at them and I have tried what has been suggested but I came across a problem last night for some reason the whole damn game froze and I have had to go back to Ares phase one so I have to work through that one again and then go back to the clones and see what else I can do as I have watched the videos even with the full levelled BoA its still not fast enough to get moving, I mush prefer the BoC as you said I didn't have enough practise with it because I tried using it with the Minotaur boss and it was just way too slow for me I didn't like it so my favourite weapon is the BoCRomperstomper74

Yes I have looked at the tactis/Tips threads, and I have tried what they have suggested but it doesn't work for me so I currently looking for my own way around it and I'm getting better every time I fight in the clone battles. And I am back there already I took ares down the first time I reloaded the game! Which I am dead proud of because the first time it took me over half a dozen times to get to grips with him and his attacks

That strat is pretty important for God..you'll want to learn it soon anyway. Where have you been going wrong in the step by step *though variable* process?

-be sure you ended Ares1 with full HP/MP *RotG will be returned at battles end if you have lvl2+ Blades which you do*

-Let the clones nearly kill your family at the start *so you can hug for RotG*

-Cast AoH *ties up all attackers at lvl3* then RotG

-Get in the air while whoring casts of PR back to back *cast AoH whenever the last soul disappears*

-When RotG is gone you should quickly hug your family while the clones are being pwned by Souls *if none are present for whatever reason..cast anotheras you SHOULD have enough MP to do so*

-IF it was enough to refill your RotG..go apes*** with the same spell whoring as before

IF NOT, let the clones hurt your family again, before casting AoH to get an easy hug in...then go apes***

-IF the fight isn't over after that..just spam PR like crazy

-IF there are a few left..they will likely be Artemis clones and spawning in single file..just grab each as they appear for an easy win

That's the basic idea to have...so where are you going wrong in al this? Let's start by hearing what is going RIGHT according to the list/strat..please be specific for ease of understanding. *clarity helps*

InfernoPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InfernoPirate
~Not totally on topic, but man... I wish RotT gave infinite magic!
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theliar

~Not totally on topic, but man... I wish RotT gave infinite magic! InfernoPirate

That would of course be overpowered. It was called Athen's Blessing last time..Perhap's Gaia's Blessing? Even then..it would have to be attached to a leveled something *useless in NUR/NUR+*

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alucard_rules

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Not totally on topic, but man... I wish RotT gave infinite magic! theliar

That would of course be overpowered. It was called Athen's Blessing last time..Perhap's Gaia's Blessing? Even then..it would have to be attached to a leveled something *useless in NUR/NUR+*

Perhaps it would have made sense if you got Infinite Magic with RotT if you had the BoO attached. Your godly power in the blade plus the strength of the Titans would sort of make sense. Again, useless in a NUR/NUR+, and really only meaningful when you fight Zeus, since otherwise you'd be doing a bonus play and could use the Urn of Olympus anyway. But I think that that might be something that could be incorporated in GOWIII. I think that the BoO will not be the same as it was in GOWII, even leveled, I think you'll be able to exploit it further in GOWIII.

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 theliar
[QUOTE="theliar"]

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Not totally on topic, but man... I wish RotT gave infinite magic! Alucard_rules

Perhaps it would have made sense if you got Infinite Magic with RotT if you had the BoO attached. Your godly power in the blade plus the strength of the Titans would sort of make sense. Again, useless in a NUR/NUR+, and really only meaningful when you fight Zeus, since otherwise you'd be doing a bonus play and could use the Urn of Olympus anyway. But I think that that might be something that could be incorporated in GOWIII. I think that the BoO will not be the same as it was in GOWII, even leveled, I think you'll be able to exploit it further in GOWIII.

I'd considered that myself but didn't favor the idea entirely. The connection between the urn and the Blade was workable..but having it as a static effect for lvl1 was out of the question. I believe that Anger of the Gods could have been a lvl1 ability..but perhaps lvl2 would have been wiser *lvl3 is just an absurd point to get it*. Perhaps at lvl3 it could allow that ability..it still don't know if a static effect is best..the meter drains too slow for that sort of power IMO..perhaps having it being an ability you could activate while RotT is on with the BoO out..

As for GoWIII..I expect that weapon to be HUGELY improved upon..it is a big part of the story now..more so even then the Blades. I'd like it to take on a few properties of Artemis..lift/momentum *air*, thrust/stab *as it was in GoW1*, Ascension *not a craptacular launcher*...for the Homerun effects >_>..the lasers can stay of course...though I'd like it to have at least one extra variation to their usage. *a modifier on DR (charge for different effect) and a special like what Zeus did to the Titans..even if it is made into Lance of the Furies rather then an UBER attack*

The weapon should be 'deep' *but not in the way the Blades are so they feel different*..it wouldn't hurt to tone down the EPIC issues it has where defense is concerned *it is nearly as bad as Artemis was in this regard*

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Romperstomper74

I have looked through the tactics/tips threads and as previously said they didnt work for me at the time, I have also searched through YouTube.com for videos looking for tactics and tips on how to complete this section of the fight. And believer it or not I fond some good ones and I have taken note of them. In the beginning I was doing:

I had full Health but not full magic I have about one blast of PR's worth.

I would just basic attack with the square button

Unleash AofG's along with Hades army and PR

that strat didnt work for me.

But Now I am past the clones FINALLY!!!!!!!!! In the end I used the Plume of Promethus to beat the crap out of them until the building came off completely, then I unleashed the anger of the gods with a hell of a lot of PR and when that finished I drained my magic meter with PR and hugged my family to fill up the rage of the gods for a second time, unleashed that again using PR. I was only left with clones who had the artemis blades and as the tactic/tips thread suggested I just grabbed them one by one as they appeared for an easy win! and BAM! I have got past that and now I am on the final stage with Ares phase 2 so I'm nearly there guys! Then I will be giving this one a rest and going back to God of War 2 on titan mode

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alucard_rules
[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"][QUOTE="theliar"]

[QUOTE="InfernoPirate"]~Not totally on topic, but man... I wish RotT gave infinite magic! theliar

I'd considered that myself but didn't favor the idea entirely. The connection between the urn and the Blade was workable..but having it as a static effect for lvl1 was out of the question. I believe that Anger of the Gods could have been a lvl1 ability..but perhaps lvl2 would have been wiser *lvl3 is just an absurd point to get it*. Perhaps at lvl3 it could allow that ability..it still don't know if a static effect is best..the meter drains too slow for that sort of power IMO..perhaps having it being an ability you could activate while RotT is on with the BoO out..

As for GoWIII..I expect that weapon to be HUGELY improved upon..it is a big part of the story now..more so even then the Blades. I'd like it to take on a few properties of Artemis..lift/momentum *air*, thrust/stab *as it was in GoW1*, Ascension *not a craptacular launcher*...for the Homerun effects >_>..the lasers can stay of course...though I'd like it to have at least one extra variation to their usage. *a modifier on DR (charge for different effect) and a special like what Zeus did to the Titans..even if it is made into Lance of the Furies rather then an UBER attack*

The weapon should be 'deep' *but not in the way the Blades are so they feel different*..it wouldn't hurt to tone down the EPIC issues it has where defense is concerned *it is nearly as bad as Artemis was in this regard*

That's what I meant, with the BoO out. But I do wish for much more out of the Blade as do you in GOWIII, since it only had three real special attacks, only one of which was any good. DR was crap, and DS was only for grabbing orbs. And yes, the launcher could have been better, especially since you have to wait for a few attacks to go through, then the launcher, THEN, if you hold it too long you do a slash attack that you might not have wanted to do. I miss having R1 being for a rush attack. I mean it didn't add too much, but it did add a little bit, especially with BoA, and would have worked nicely with BoO and SoD. But I do realize it allowed for making weapon switching much easier. I also feel that it should have a kind of sweeper attack, like Zeus did in the beginning to kill all of the Spartans and Rhodes soldiers, this would be a leveled attack, on level 2 if the blade only has 3 levels again, or 4 if it gets 5. Plus, as you mentioned a Lance of the Furies type attack, since to make it as strong as in the flashback of the Great War, would likely be WAY too overpowered.

Good luck Romperstomper, watch out when he runs towards you, he'll either do his really cheap hand blast, or some other attack that I don't remember(with good reason, it is blockable). Don't go for fancy attacks, just do the most efficient ones, and look for opportunities, when he kind of bellows is one of the best.

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theliar

Alucard: DA was terrible *unless you used the Urn of the Gorgons*, DR was great to abuse, DS could be amusing *useful for orb farming*. Having 'Mutilation' applied as it was with Artemis and special kill effects gave it a nice edge. The launcher was crap because it was not only dedicated *with a series of extra hits you didn't want*..but it was delayed and often failed. What truely sucks is that it was overly sensitive so you could accidentally use that attack >_>. Anger of the Gods could easily have been a lvl2 ability..lvl1 would be pushing it but I think that would have been great.*understandable why it wasn't though*. When I mentioned what I'd like for a charge attack..I had been suggesting *as I have in the past*:

lvl2 Divine Retribution (charge) - If you charge theattack (hold triangle; *air* L1), it no longer fires a beam causing knockbacks that also pierces through foes..it would fire off the attack Zeus used to kill the Spartans/Rhodian soldier (horizontal wave).

I've talked about how I'd balance it in the past aswell. I'd also like to have had that Titan killing attack Zeus used as an UBER attack...to the effect of GoW1's Lance of the Furies.

Though DA has a stab similiar to the R1 attack of the past..it wasn't as effective plus it had extra baggage. I'd be okay with it still being a special if it worked as follows:

L1+square *swing + thrust for 9 hits* (cancelable at any point during the actual thrust) ender potential (press square for that ender, press triangle for that ender, hold triangle for launch, could even end it with another special like DR)

The Lance of the Furies attack could just BE LotF with a bit more power (or even equal..whatever..I just want the collisions/knockback anyways)and I'd be okay with that..just a different look/animation for it. It doesn't have to be super charged to the point of raping ANYTHING on screen..THAT would indeed be overpowered.

I have looked through the tactics/tips threads and as previously said they didnt work for me at the time, I have also searched through YouTube.com for videos looking for tactics and tips on how to complete this section of the fight. And believer it or not I fond some good ones and I have taken note of them. In the beginning I was doing:

I had full Health but not full magic I have about one blast of PR's worth.

I would just basic attack with the square button

Unleash AofG's along with Hades army and PR

that strat didnt work for me.

But Now I am past the clones FINALLY!!!!!!!!! In the end I used the Plume of Promethus to beat the crap out of them until the building came off completely, then I unleashed the anger of the gods with a hell of a lot of PR and when that finished I drained my magic meter with PR and hugged my family to fill up the rage of the gods for a second time, unleashed that again using PR. I was only left with clones who had the artemis blades and as the tactic/tips thread suggested I just grabbed them one by one as they appeared for an easy win! and BAM! I have got past that and now I am on the final stage with Ares phase 2 so I'm nearly there guys! Then I will be giving this one a rest and going back to God of War 2 on titan mode

Romperstomper74

I still don't understand why you started off with square hits..that wasn't at all suggested. *no Blade use is needed* Well.. plume grouping works well enough to keep them at bay..but I'd have thought just letting the clones hit your family the unleased AoH before going apes*** with RotG would be easy to pull off..aftr it expires..just hug while souls keep clones away..if you have enough..RotG again..if not..wait for the clones to hurt the wife and kids again >_>..then hug away for the finish. Whatever works I suppose.

Ares2 had a bar that connects your HP to his..you lose a little..he gains a little..he loses a little..you gain a little. His 4 pillar summon is unstoppable *also the sword stab that creates it*, his palm attack guard breaks..he has a fireball attack that homes *they generally set you up to get pwned if you stand still and block*..when he teleports..he always goes to just infront of the Athena Statue so you can attack while he prepares his pillars *dodge* and attack while he is standing still afterwards.

I advise R1 attacks:

-R1 to square is best

-R1,L1,R1....*L1 cancels the attack for faster spamming*

L1+square = crap

L1+triangle = $tylish crap

L1+circle *charge* = can be used effectively if you use it on him during his teleportation

L1+X = showy attack that can be used effectively after you see Ares 'roar'

You will need Artemis skills here..

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Romperstomper74
Yeah you know what I have come to the conclusion that Ares phase 2 is a massive SOB, I am having real big time problems with this fight. I have managed to get him down to only a small portion of the health but then he came back with the hand blast and then stabbed me with his knifes and guess what yeah you got it the ****er killed me! I am about to throw my controls at the TV and say some rather choice words to him if he doesnt let me pass before long
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alucard_rules

Alucard: DA was terrible *unless you used the Urn of the Gorgons*, DR was great to abuse, DS could be amusing *useful for orb farming*. Having 'Mutilation' applied as it was with Artemis and special kill effects gave it a nice edge. The launcher was crap because it was not only dedicated *with a series of extra hits you didn't want*..but it was delayed and often failed. What truely sucks is that it was overly sensitive so you could accidentally use that attack >_>. Anger of the Gods could easily have been a lvl2 ability..lvl1 would be pushing it but I think that would have been great.*understandable why it wasn't though*. When I mentioned what I'd like for a charge attack..I had been suggesting *as I have in the past*:

lvl2 Divine Retribution (charge) - If you charge theattack (hold triangle; *air* L1), it no longer fires a beam causing knockbacks that also pierces through foes..it would fire off the attack Zeus used to kill the Spartans/Rhodian soldier (horizontal wave).

I've talked about how I'd balance it in the past aswell. I'd also like to have had that Titan killing attack Zeus used as an UBER attack...to the effect of GoW1's Lance of the Furies.

Though DA has a stab similiar to the R1 attack of the past..it wasn't as effective plus it had extra baggage. I'd be okay with it still being a special if it worked as follows:

L1+square *swing + thrust for 9 hits* (cancelable at any point during the actual thrust) ender potential (press square for that ender, press triangle for that ender, hold triangle for launch, could even end it with another special like DR)

The Lance of the Furies attack could just BE LotF with a bit more power (or even equal..whatever..I just want the collisions/knockback anyways)and I'd be okay with that..just a different look/animation for it. It doesn't have to be super charged to the point of raping ANYTHING on screen..THAT would indeed be overpowered.

theliar

It seems I mixed up DA and DR. Obviously the one with the blast is the best. You raise good points. I especially liked the Charged DA(I hope I got that right) idea.

Romperstomper, I know where you're coming from. I hate how much his attacks do, while how little yours do. Making it quite easy for Ares to COMPLETELY turn things around. You might want to try just staying away from him completely except for when he's open for a few hits. This method would take a long time, but might be safer.

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theliar

Alucard: DA is the thrust (L1+square) and DR is the big laser (L1+triangle). The Charge idea was applied to DR. I'd like DA to be shaped into the R1 attack Artemis used basically.

Sam: Knowing his routine helps.

If he teleports, you can choose a far side while waiting for his appearance and then roll to the other *so his pillars crush where you were before they even appeared* and attack while he stands idle. Be ready to roll away *you'll need to get a feel for that though*

If he is charging you he will either do a sword swipe *blockable* (usually leads to a roar which is an opening to attack through)or get close and do the palm blast *unstoppable* (sets you up for a world of hurt). Be wary and plan for the worst while hoping for the best. Learn to side roll away *preferably learning to Quick Roll* as back rolls are crap and will often get you hit anyway.

If you are sufficiently visicious with your attack during an opening to do so *roar or standing idle>_>*, a little mini-game "O" mashing struggle occurs (often enough). It will hurt Ares quite a bit and leave an opening for a few hits before he teleports back to the Athena statue for another pillar attack. IF things slow down, he will RAEP you unless you get away *this occurs at close range in place of the mini-game*.

Because the Blade of the Gods (Sword Bridge >_>) behaves like Artemis..it is a TERRIBLE blocker that can't really parry or air block *BotG doesn't allow a lot of air play either*. Either evade or block well ahead of time. Blocking a lot provokes his palm blast after a charge *evade that crap* which is generally followed up by spider leg stabbing. Keeping your distance a lot can provoke his fireballs while will be tought to avoid/block without getting pwned by the attacks he uses after the charge he is sure to use after unleashing hell blasts upon you.

You'll find that even with guard up..this sort of weapon can be attacked through *glitch* to your great aggrivation. Keep your cool and get used to his tactics..what provokes what..

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Romperstomper74

OK so this God keeps killing me! I have looked for info on him and everyone is saying he is easy and to me hes far from that. I have got quite good at blocking his attacks with his sword and his spider blades on his back. I am great at side rolling away from the pillars or spike rocks whatever they happen to be, so I sustain no damage when they appear, as I am good at getting in a few good attacks before he summons them or swipes with his sword. I can move/roll away from him when he does the charge down attack and stop him to the point he is about to scream so I can get in a few attacks there also.

As previously mentioned its the hand blast followed by the spider blades attack I am having a problem with, because there is no set time he that attack unless mentioned previously im either standing around blocking or stationary in one place, I can get away from the blast but its the spider blades that deal the damage to me, also I can get away from his army of hades spell but sometimes its the last soul that gets me which allows him to counter with the spider blades that also get me.

I prefer to stick with the R1 attack as well as the square attack because they are the most dealing amount of damage to him and I find them faster than any other button attack thatcan be done with the blade of the gods, As I didn't have practisewith the blade of artemis, maybe that is where I am failing in my attempts to bring him down I dont know. Also when I get the mini O mashing game, I can get the better of him every-time, the only times I have failed to get the better of him is when my fingers have slipped off the controls. Is there anything else I can do to get this god out of the way because I dont think I am that far from the end of the game and I would like to move on to either Challenge of the Gods or Titan Mode in God Of War2.

Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alucard_rules

OK so this God keeps killing me! I have looked for info on him and everyone is saying he is easy and to me hes far from that. I have got quite good at blocking his attacks with his sword and his spider blades on his back. I am great at side rolling away from the pillars or spike rocks whatever they happen to be, so I sustain no damage when they appear, as I am good at getting in a few good attacks before he summons them or swipes with his sword. I can move/roll away from him when he does the charge down attack and stop him to the point he is about to scream so I can get in a few attacks there also.

As previously mentioned its the hand blast followed by the spider blades attack I am having a problem with, because there is no set time he that attack unless mentioned previously im either standing around blocking or stationary in one place, I can get away from the blast but its the spider blades that deal the damage to me, also I can get away from his army of hades spell but sometimes its the last soul that gets me which allows him to counter with the spider blades that also get me.

I prefer to stick with the R1 attack as well as the square attack because they are the most dealing amount of damage to him and I find them faster than any other button attack thatcan be done with the blade of the gods, As I didn't have practisewith the blade of artemis, maybe that is where I am failing in my attempts to bring him down I dont know. Also when I get the mini O mashing game, I can get the better of him every-time, the only times I have failed to get the better of him is when my fingers have slipped off the controls. Is there anything else I can do to get this god out of the way because I dont think I am that far from the end of the game and I would like to move on to either Challenge of the Gods or Titan Mode in God Of War2.

Romperstomper74

Well, you sound like you're doing pretty good, but if you're getting this frustrated and haven't beat it through that method and perseverance yet, you might want to try the hit and run method. Keep away from him as much as you can except for when he's open, get in a few quick hits, then run away. I haven't tried this method personally, but I can visualize it pretty well, and while it might take a long time, it could be the answer you're looking for. Also, if you beat him, it is basically the end of the game. There are no more enemies afterward, but you get to run up to Olympus and try and break the Ares and Minotaur statues(it takes a LONG time).

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theliar
[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]

He is generally of little consequence to those of us who've played since it first came out as we long since got over the initial fight. I played on Easy first *Eternal insisted* then went straight to God Mode for a real taste of the action. I actually did a lot of playing around with Artemis though I wasn't exactly good with it..I was able to use the face button attacks effectively. R1 abuseand Homerun techniques weren't thought up until a year after all that.

Sounds good thus far.

Figured. I suppose I couldjump into a GoW1 God save to practice on him to figure how you can best deal with that single threat. As for when the fireballs appear..that always sucks. I create distance and block often..then roll away from Ares as he charges.

R1 to insert face button is an effective trick.Attack canceling (especially for the R1 thrust) is better but you'll get to that later. Square is the best version for this situation as you've seen. To be sure:

-You are getting a few hits in as he reappears *after teleporting;pre-Pillars* and *after evading* after the Pillars right?

-You are successfully dealing with all attacks but the hand blast and fireballs?

-You have no trouble doing the mini-game AND get hits in after it resolves *pre-teleport to pillars*

-You see a roar and use that opening to get a chain of hits in *aiming for the above*

Alucard_rules

Well, you sound like you're doing pretty good, but if you're getting this frustrated and haven't beat it through that method and perseverance yet, you might want to try the hit and run method. Keep away from him as much as you can except for when he's open, get in a few quick hits, then run away. I haven't tried this method personally, but I can visualize it pretty well, and while it might take a long time, it could be the answer you're looking for. Also, if you beat him, it is basically the end of the game. There are no more enemies afterward, but you get to run up to Olympus and try and break the Ares and Minotaur statues(it takes a LONG time).

Giving things away are we?*lol*

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Romperstomper74
[QUOTE="Alucard_rules"][QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]

He is generally of little consequence to those of us who've played since it first came out as we long since got over the initial fight. I played on Easy first *Eternal insisted* then went straight to God Mode for a real taste of the action. I actually did a lot of playing around with Artemis though I wasn't exactly good with it..I was able to use the face button attacks effectively. R1 abuseand Homerun techniques weren't thought up until a year after all that.

Sounds good thus far.

Figured. I suppose I couldjump into a GoW1 God save to practice on him to figure how you can best deal with that single threat. As for when the fireballs appear..that always sucks. I create distance and block often..then roll away from Ares as he charges.

R1 to insert face button is an effective trick.Attack canceling (especially for the R1 thrust) is better but you'll get to that later. Square is the best version for this situation as you've seen. To be sure:

-You are getting a few hits in as he reappears *after teleporting;pre-Pillars* and *after evading* after the Pillars right?

Yes I am getting in a few hits after he reappears after teleporting- Pillars and after the evading after the pillars.

-You are successfully dealing with all attacks but the hand blast and fireballs?

I am dealing with all attacks but the hand blast and the fireballs, I can get away from the initial blast but then its the blades that cause me the damage

-You have no trouble doing the mini-game AND get hits in after it resolves *pre-teleport to pillars*

I have no trouble at all kicking his ass in the mini game and the countering him with more attacks to take more damage to him .

-You see a roar and use that opening to get a chain of hits in *aiming for the above*

I am seeing the roar and taking my oppertunity to attack him when he is open and also aiming for the mini game but sometimes he gets clever and blocks the mini game by coming up with the hand blast!

theliar

Giving things away are we?*lol*

Thanks for the encouragement and tips guys you are really helping me out in this long battle with Ares! Also I dont know if you guys had it but I am having a lot of freezing and having to reset and go back to phase one all the time, like right now I am back at the clones stage of the battle and I got there by my standards at the moment very impressivly, I blocked throughout the whole battle with Ares and used the heavy PoP when he was at a distance and also the Square attack when he was open to attack, the parry worked quite well for me as well dealing extra damage to him, and I only used the Rage of the Gods once on him, I am now back at the clones with full health and full magic so maybe I wont have as much trouble with these like I did the first time, and I will almost certainly keep my eye on this thread for further guidance and tips for beating the 3rd fight with Ares!

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Romperstomper74

Sorry to double post but at 21:47:12 I just got past the clones of Kratos and I am now back at the start of phase 3 with Ares lets hope that the game does not freeze for a 4th time, and I am still playing on Spartan mode although switching to the easy mode has appealed to me a few times I have not given up on it yet, and I am expecting God mode to be even more of a **tch to complete than this mode!

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theliar

I've had a chance to replay God Ares2 and God NUR+ Ares1 *NUR+ clones are NAO...OH LAWD*

This is what I do in context to his moves *w/ notes*:

Teleport: Always to Athena Statue. Always Pillar Summon.

NOTE: the last half second before his fire aura is gone marks the earliest point you can hit him (notice the spider leg positioning to give a visual aid of when to strike)

ADVICE: When he is teleporting go to the left of the Athena Statue *she faces away so it is her left and Ares' right* and as he becomes vulnerable *before he even begins the pillar swing*, use R1 to square *one of the square swings is enough so cancel out of it with a roll PAST ares*. IF you are close enough to attack right away, whore R1 thrusts at Ares up to 3 times. Keep to the middle/center and as he is about to attack get away early OR roll to your right (his left) to avoid a swing or hand blast

ROAR: Anytime you see one, try and get close enough for a FULL use of the R1 thrust and *after it gets the MAX hits possible with one use* end with square (this should result in the mini-game)

Swing to Roar: Evade the swing or block *hard to predict*. Deal with the roar.

Shoulder Stabs: OH SHI- dangerous. Block earlyor be far away. You'll want toclose the distance right after the final swing but be caerful about being to quick about it..also be wary of a hand blast *you could keep yourdistance but a STRONG offensiveappears to be best here*

2 hit to Should Stabs: Block it all.

4 hit w/ uppercut: Block all. After the uppercut you can try using R1 to square *remember to wait until R1 fully resolves so you can get all possible hits in as that gives a better chance for a lock-up with Ares*

NOTE: You could use R1 to L1+X if you keep close enough *and execute if quickly*

4 hits to Roar: block it all. Exploit roar opening.

Palm Blast: This is the devil of the fight. It can lead to Fireballs or Shoulder Stabs. Either of which will ruin you. Evasion is all that can save you. He often does this when you stand still or block...especially in his charges.

NOTE: Interuption: When you are blocked a few times in a row and time slows, he will be going for the Hand Blast to counter you. Try clicking L1 to get your guard up then cancel out of it fast with a roll

Fireballs: Still not 100% on handling these as when things are going right..you never run into this attack. You can get an R1 thrust in during his preparation for the attack then flee to create distance. Block the fireballs and Quick Rolling around/away from Ares. Not all the fireballs will be blocked at once *one left* at times. Another way is to try Quick Rolling past Ares once the balls begin chasing you *luring a swing only to miss* and as he stops briefly, block all of them. Can't give perfect advice about that attack as it is hard even for me toescape getting hit by both those blasts and Ares in a situation where he got to use it.

struggle: win it. Use L1 to square (7 hits total if I recall right) then get to the Athena Statue

Keeping him to a pattern is key. Once you get to a struggle, you can count on getting a certain amount of hits becuase he will then do the teleport leaving him open forhits before and after the pillars.

As for freezes..we all have. That entire series of fights is ripe for that sort of glitch. It is bad enough that Ares 1 doesn't have a checkpoint AS the fight starts..but then you don't even get the chance to save along the way in cae of the obvious glitch that occurs the longer you keep retrying/dying at a part. I think it would have been odd/cool/fair if they had put a save point in the back area where you start the clone fight *on the same hunk of rock that later becomes the place of attack by the Zeus Fury clone*. At least then..I could keep retrying the NUR+ clone fight without worry of a glitch making me fight NUR+ Ares1 just to get there again.

~I have arrived at hell..

NOTE: Good luck

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Romperstomper74
Just to let those who have been helping me know you are totally awesome and thank you once again for all the help/hints/tips/tactics to use against this ***ker I finally managed to get through the clones without a problem and it only took me 2 goes to get Ares to kiss my feet I have completed the game, I have the tactics/tips thread for god of war 1 saved to my tool-bar as I am going to start working through the challenge of the gods when I have rested from playing this game! Don't know if I even want to try God mode on this one! Spartan was hard enough
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Alucard_rules

Just to let those who have been helping me know you are totally awesome and thank you once again for all the help/hints/tips/tactics to use against this ***ker I finally managed to get through the clones without a problem and it only took me 2 goes to get Ares to kiss my feet I have completed the game, I have the tactics/tips thread for god of war 1 saved to my tool-bar as I am going to start working through the challenge of the gods when I have rested from playing this game! Don't know if I even want to try God mode on this one! Spartan was hard enoughRomperstomper74

No problem, we've all come here for advice/help at times. Especially the people who go for the NURs. Congratulations, good luck on the CotG. I haven't tried them in a while, so I don't really have much advice at the moment. Though I'm sure GMG won't run out of advice any time soon. lol.

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 theliar

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]Just to let those who have been helping me know you are totally awesome and thank you once again for all the help/hints/tips/tactics to use against this ***ker I finally managed to get through the clones without a problem and it only took me 2 goes to get Ares to kiss my feet I have completed the game, I have the tactics/tips thread for god of war 1 saved to my tool-bar as I am going to start working through the challenge of the gods when I have rested from playing this game! Don't know if I even want to try God mode on this one! Spartan was hard enough

Ares: That night.....I was trying to make you a great..warrior!

Kratos: You succeeded..

LAWLAWLAWL Suck it down Ares. Did you take Alucard's advice to break those two statues at the Throne of the God of War?

You should do God Mode. I'mconfidant you can get through it. I went from Easy to God without help which proved I was well in tune with this series gameplay as I don't have good reaction/timing skills. That's more Shinobier's bag. You started in Spartan..the leap to God Mode won't be nearly as severe though it will no doubt still challenge you were previously it offered just a bit of resistance. I did God difficult BEFORE CotG and was glad I did as I needed that skill to properly handle CotG 8 and CotG 10. You will suffer in those two. Most had greater throuble with 10 then 8 but I always find 8 to be harder as it requires you to play for FAR longer to win. With your current skills, you will have only a few hiccups along the way to CotG 8 I'd guess. It is hard to say how you'll do once you get there..but you definately won't be having a wonderful time. CotG 9 is retardedly easy after getting through that hell the first time..especially if you've gotten good with ignoring Satyrs and whoring "Spirit".

So long as you don't leap to a NUR/NUR+..this thread will cover your progress. I await your return/choice.Alucard_rules

No problem, we've all come here for advice/help at times. Especially the people who go for the NURs. Congratulations, good luck on the CotG. I haven't tried them in a while, so I don't really have much advice at the moment. Though I'm sure GMG won't run out of advice any time soon. lol.

You know this to be true

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Romperstomper74
Ok so I have gone for challenge of the Gods and I dont think I am doing too badly neither I am upto challenge 5 where I have to shoot all the undead soldiers not the human ones anyone got any tips for me lol
Alucard_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alucard_rules

Ok so I have gone for challenge of the Gods and I dont think I am doing too badly neither I am upto challenge 5 where I have to shoot all the undead soldiers not the human ones anyone got any tips for me lol Romperstomper74

It's all in the timing. I suggest just watching the pattern of the Undead soldiers for a little bit to get a feel for their pace, shoot a few of them, early on you don't really have to worry about timing, then see about where the soldier that you hit was right when you first fired the ballista. It shouldn't take too long, just some practice with the timing.

theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 theliar

[QUOTE="Romperstomper74"]Ok so I have gone for challenge of the Gods and I dont think I am doing too badly neither I am upto challenge 5 where I have to shoot all the undead soldiers not the human ones anyone got any tips for me lol Alucard_rules

It's all in the timing. I suggest just watching the pattern of the Undead soldiers for a little bit to get a feel for their pace, shoot a few of them, early on you don't really have to worry about timing, then see about where the soldier that you hit was right when you first fired the ballista. It shouldn't take too long, just some practice with the timing.

It helps to locate a place on their platform that marks when you should pull the ballista back. For me it was the 1 or 2 o'clock position *red spot*..when they walked over it..I pulled back all the way to fire on them as they reached the center (front) *6 o'clock*

~As I said before..you really won't have any issues until at least CotG8..unless you get hit pretty easily..then you could have a slight stumble at CotG7. I don't expect to really have to offer any true advice until then.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Romperstomper74
Well I got past the challenge with the undead soldiers and the ballista crossbow, I am also past Challenge 8 and no offence but I got past that one first go and made easy work of it I used the L1 + O attack and made it well easy for my self, I am also past challenge 9 without difficulty also, but the one that is getting to me at the moment is challenge 10, I can not get this platform to rise and I have noage of the gods i can build it up but that seems to be taking forever. I am prone to using the L1+X attack but I am still being pushed from the side of the platform Ido not know what else to do unless I just keep trying with that attack until I master it!
theliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 theliar

Well I got past the challenge with the undead soldiers and the ballista crossbow, I am also past Challenge 8 and no offence but I got past that one first go and made easy work of it I used the L1 + O attack and made it well easy for my self, I am also past challenge 9 without difficulty also, but the one that is getting to me at the moment is challenge 10, I can not get this platform to rise and I have noage of the gods i can build it up but that seems to be taking forever. I am prone to using the L1+X attack but I am still being pushed from the side of the platform Ido not know what else to do unless I just keep trying with that attack until I master it!Romperstomper74

So you are like the others then are you? Having trouble with 10 rather then 8. 8 is far harder when you do it with just Artemis where as 10 is easier with it. *won't be for you since you don't know how to use it yet*

That's the trouble with using RotG in 8. IF you use it at the start..you can gain it all back *or just most of it* by the end using grabs to kill foes. CotG9 is GREAT For getting back RotG as once "O" appears on a Desert King..just grabbing and failing over and over nets RotG. CotG10 using the Blades isn't too bad..but can start off that way if you don't have RotG to wrap things up with near the end.

Apollo's Ascension/Offensive (ground/air) are indeed great choices. You should already know that Satyrs resist Lance of the Furies (L1+O)...BUT they can be reliably hit with it. Ex: You launch a Satyr and as he it laying on the FLAT of its back *not yet recovering*, you charge a full LotF to blast it over the side along with any Cerberus Seeds present. Shinobier and I have vids covering that fight you should check out. I didn't have any RotG there either so I don't show how I handle the fight using it (R1 attacks believe it or not >_>)

Shinobier using Artemis for CotG 9 and 10

Myself with Artemis/Blade tactics for CotG 7,9 and 10

I don't advise watching either of us doing CotG 9 w/ Artemis the whole way through as it is boring IMO. You'll see a few tricks being used by both of us..Spike and Homerun are shown but not Punt *that was used to best effect in a vid by Shinobier in his 11 Hades Satyr vid which I adore*. Of course you've been linked to a video showing all 3 of the techniques I often speak of by Inferno not long ago if I recall correctly.

Unless you intend to do CotG 10 with Artemis..the second link will be the only one present that is relevant to your interests.

Romperstomper74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Romperstomper74

Ok picture it now, I am dead happy that I managed to finish the whole game on Spartan mode and I decided as you will notice further up that I decided to do the Challenge of the gods, so as you all very well know you can not save until you have completed them! So I left my playstation on, on challenge 10 until I had manage to complete it. But my 6 year old daughter thought it would be fantastic to turn the damn thing off and I lost all progress I was so angry.

I am happy to let you all know that I have just got through all 10 challenges of the gods to completion and I have saved it so I have all the costumes unlocked ready for a new game again. This time I think i will do a God mode and get a feel for the game on its hardest level and see how I pit against it then I hope there isnt that much change in everything. Only thing I have locked on this game now is secret message 1 does anyone know how to unlock it ? Thanks again for all your wonderful help and advice youve been amazing I would of thrown the game outby now if it wasnt for you guys!