cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cms
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
has anyone noticed that the older the zelda franchise gets the easier it gets too? I mean, i died once in PH and never in TP or WW. the first few zelda games were very tough. is the world going easy?
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
I noticed.
I think they are making the enemies weaker.
in OoT the iron knuckles killed me easy, the entire game was a mission and a half to beat.
In Tp I only died like once, twice maybe. but all the enemies were weakling, they just out numbered you, and the bosses were not that difficult to defeat. except for the last one.
In PH I died out of carelessness of throwing my self over the edge, but that is about it the enemies is even weaker.
Nintendo should consider makeing stronger...:?
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
The Zelda series needs to remove the quarter heart of damage. As soon as it was introduced the games were twice as easy.
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I think as the series ages they make it easier and more forgiving to allow a more casual audience. I think can always make the game harder yourself though by not picking up heart containers or not upgrading your sword, refusing to use potions etc...
god_yggdrasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 god_yggdrasil
Member since 2006 • 4173 Posts
ya i also noticed this. PH i only died once but it was because i wanted to see whathappened when u died, like did the fairy pop up and scream ur dead or maybe links head would just pop off. and well it wasnt really worth it but w/e.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I think that all games in general are getting easier, generation after generation.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#7 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Yeah, I guess it is the "E for everyone" syndrome that dominates the games now. Nintendo can't make a game that seven year olds can complete and teenagers can find challenging. So they prioritice making games that anyone can complete. When I was seven, I were not very good, but I could still play Super Mario 64 and (when it came) OoT.
cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cms
bump
enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
i think that nintendo is really focusing on casual gamers and are not delivering to the more hardcore players. So yes i agree it is getting too easy.
ClArK1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ClArK1190
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts
I cannot recall what issue it was, but Game Informer was talking about video games becoming easier. I think it is because of the times really I mean the hardest games Ive ever played were Super Nintendo games. I think Nintendo is just interested in creating a great looking game with awesome game play and a great story and not so much a difficult game.
ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
yeah zelda needs to become more m rated because come on the enimes can only kill u when they outnumber you and quarter damage to a heart happens too often in Tp and Ww.I think video games for Nintendo are becoming garbage the more they push towards casual players.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

My guess is that Nintendo wants the kids to be able to finish it as well. Fair enough.

It's thanks to that attitude that WE were able to finish OUR Zelda games as kids. So, let's not become hypocrites and complain about the lack of difficulty.

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts

WE were able to finish OUR Zelda games as kids.

NWA_31

When it first came out I found Majora's Mask very challenging.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#14 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
OOT and ALTTP some enemies did alot of damage and the ones in TP and WW don't. I think that has made certain Zelda games easier. OOT and ALTTP were harder than WW and TP in my opinion.
Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts
OOT and ALTTP some enemies did alot of damage and the ones in TP and WW don't. I think that has made certain Zelda games easier. OOT and ALTTP were harder than WW and TP in my opinion.chocolate1325
True
cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cms
I found out that on most things older is harder it's not just LoZ. take Mario for example i changed from difficult platformer to a platformer SO DIFFICULT that they didn't want it in America then the 3-D games came and Galaxy isn't too easy but I haven't run out of lives yet
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
I found out that on most things older is harder it's not just LoZ. take Mario for example i changed from difficult platformer to a platformer SO DIFFICULT that they didn't want it in America then the 3-D games came and Galaxy isn't too easy but I haven't run out of lives yetcms
Improved gameplay mechanics are also responsible for games becoming easier.
zzbigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zzbigz
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts
While better gameplay mechanics may make games easier it doesn't prevent devs from making a game harder, they just choose not to. Games have definitely gotten easier as the audience for video games has broadened.
knilybrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 knilybrik
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
I happened to die a lot in ALttP and I sometimes die to darknuts in the more recent games.
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
I died so many times in ALttP, and LA was really tough to beat too. TP was a walk in the park in comparison.
aja1-6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aja1-6
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
Maybe LOZ should introduce difficulty settings? Like an unlockable Master Quest version of every game or something.
Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Odie20XX
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts

Would be an option but I'm not sure many people will play through the game again just for a bigger challenge. The challenge is gone once you know how to do everything so making it more difficult wouldn't really add much.

And I agree that games on the NES were hard, but as a kid I used to bite my way through it. It doesn't make me a good gamer (as I noticed on some leaderboards), just persistent and now I just don't have the time to be playing the same part of a game over and over again for hours. Seems kids these days don't have that time (or persistence) either.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#23 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Some say Wind Waker was to easy but not as easy as Twilight Princess I haven't beaten Phantom Hourglass yet and I found A Link to the Past harder than Ocarina Of Time but I haven't played Majoras Mask yet. I will though when it's on the Virtual Console.
Q8iy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#24 Q8iy
Member since 2006 • 2285 Posts
I'm not sure if it's getting easy but The Legend of ZeLda Ocarina of time was a reaLLy chaLLenging game and it wasn't that easy (making it more exciting!).
Sizzletop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sizzletop
Member since 2004 • 2511 Posts
i miss racking my brain for hours trying to get past puzzles just to be beaten down for hours by some boss i can't beat it's gotten to the point where beating the newest loz isn't even that much of an accomplishment it just doesn't have the same "hell yeah i can't believe i got past that, now i gotta go tell all my friends" feel to it anymore.... what about an unlockable "hard mode" where you do like half damage and everyone else just beats you into the ground kinda like master quest
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MaceKhan
i miss racking my brain for hours trying to get past puzzles just to be beaten down for hours by some boss i can't beat it's gotten to the point where beating the newest loz isn't even that much of an accomplishment it just doesn't have the same "hell yeah i can't believe i got past that, now i gotta go tell all my friends" feel to it anymore.... what about an unlockable "hard mode" where you do like half damage and everyone else just beats you into the ground kinda like master questSizzletop
That could work.
Doggybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Doggybones
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
Nintendo should make 2 versions of the newest version of games from longtime series like zelda.One for casual gamer max 1-2 damage of the strongest enemy's smal enemy groups and very high change on healing items // and one for the hardcore fans up to 4-5 heart loss and more from the strongest enemy attacks more and larger groups of enemy's less change on a healing item.
Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Odie20XX
Ehm...isn't that the same as easy and hard mode then?
No need to bring out 2 seperate versions because then people might accidentally pick up the wrong one (especially casual players just pick something)
Doggybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Doggybones
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
You got a point there.... but when the next zelda comes out it will contain an bigger world than TP and to put 2 difficulty choices in it that puts every aria acceptable for both the casual an hardcore players feels like they need to to draw the line. It might lead to a loss a quality and perfection.Making 2 version isnt the anser indeed. Sinds parents give games like San Andreas to their 7 year old children then they would not take the time to think theres a different between the 2 boxes. The anser put 2 versions in 1 box and when someone put the hardcore version to play it the first time on the Wii it checkes your memory for previous version from virtual console and puts on an enquette on wich zelda game the person haz played and if its not by the minimum needs it gives the advice to switch discs.
awbailey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 awbailey
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts

I don't necessarily agree that games are getting easier. I remember games likeBattleToadsthat were so difficult that only weird nerdy people played them(myself included). Then the industry realized that in order to survive they had to make games a little more forgiving. This can be seen in games as early asSuper Mario 64orLegend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I remember Ocarina being difficult when I first played it, however I was younger. Now that I've played more games and am older I can breeze right through Ocarina. I think lots of people remember games being harder because they played them when they were younger.

So I do believe that games have gotten easier, but I think it started during the days of theSuper Nintendo Entertainment System.

ex: compareThe Legend of ZeldaorZelda II: The Adventure of LinktoThe Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, all of them were good but

ALTTP was significantly easier.

aja1-6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aja1-6
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

You definitely have a point with the age thing. Video games used to seem near impossible to beat. I think a lot of it really is that we're just older and smarter now. My kid cousin is playing through some games I once thought were hard and he's having a hard time, but then he tries to play a game I breeze through and he still has a hard time. Not that there aren't some really smart kids out there, but most of us just aren't that good at thinking creatively and solving complex problems at a young age. I personally breeze through almost every game I play, although there are a few that still make me dig in and bring out my A game. Not to say video games aren't getting easier, I also agree that that is indeed happening. Developers are just going to have to find a balance, or just plain decide: Is this game for hardcore gamers or for casual gamers? As per the "master quest version" thing I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an unlockable. Notice that both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 have expert mode playable from the beginning (I'm pretty sure), which now that I think about it, seems to solve everyone's problems. I for one have never played either game on normal, opting for expert mode every time.

Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Odie20XX
Hmm, with me it's just the opposite. When I play games on Virtual Console or on an emulator I'm having a hard time with games like Mega Man or Ghouls 'n Ghosts even though it was a walk in the park when I was young. Now I don't play that much anymore so I got a little rusty I guess :P
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HylianHeart
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
Yeah, I also agree that games are getting easier. My only beef with WW was that it was too easy, the puzzles were way to easy. I don't think that I died at all. In OoT on the other hand it was the other way around, and I've yet to try master quest. But like one person said, part of it I think is so that new gamers into the series will feel more comfy. Not everyone responds well to hard games. I would be very happy if the new Zelda was harder. TP was really good, but I would have liked it if it was harder.
Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ads6
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts
if you find it to easy try doing the three hearts challange. what you have to is play the game normally but dont get any heart containers or heart peices
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HylianHeart
Do you mean WW or Tp or both. I actually did that with LttP, it was fun. All the same though, if they could just make it harder to begin with that would be nice.
Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ads6
Do you mean WW or Tp or both. I actually did that with LttP, it was fun. All the same though, if they could just make it harder to begin with that would be nice.HylianHeart

i know what you mean it would be better if they where harder to begin with but there a few challanges online we will have to settle with those for now here is a link for another harder challange

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/197771/44025

dont ask me how you do it coz i didnt make it and this one is for Oot there are others i found this one and did i so it can be done

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MaceKhan
Sounds a little to difficult for my skills.
Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ads6

Sounds a little to difficult for my skills.MaceKhan

that is what i first thought when i read it. but i had a go and its hard after a while but you get kinda used to it and also that is the point its a challange. why dont you have a go and see what you think it is do able i died quite a lot though.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"]Sounds a little to difficult for my skills.Ads6

that is what i first thought when i read it. but i had a go and its hard after a while but you get kinda used to it and also that is the point its a challange. why dont you have a go and see what you think it is do able i died quite a lot though.

I'll probably give it a go eventually, not any time soon though, I'm in the middle of a book series:P.
HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HylianHeart
Yeah, too much for me too. ^What book series?
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MaceKhan
The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb. Its really good, I'm enjoying it. And after I'm done, she has two more trilogy's that are related to the first.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 metroid_dragon

The Zelda series took a turn for the easy side back when the quarter heart of damage was introduced. They need to go back to OoT and LttP style with half-hearts being the min. amount of damage.

Things should also deal more damage in general. I remember when Iron Knuckles would knock 4 full hearts off me in OoT. I think Iron Knuckles did what... 1 damage in TP?

Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ads6

The Zelda series took a turn for the easy side back when the quarter heart of damage was introduced. They need to go back to OoT and LttP style with half-hearts being the min. amount of damage.

Things should also deal more damage in general. I remember when Iron Knuckles would knock 4 full hearts off me in OoT. I think Iron Knuckles did what... 1 damage in TP?

metroid_dragon

i agree they should get rid of the quarter heart and should make things hit harder anyway but i think someone already said why nintendo did introduced the quarter heart and less damage. its so the younger people can complete a zelda game but thats why there are challanges so you dont find it so easy as i already said just try the 3 heart challange or the other link i posted

frogloe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 frogloe
Member since 2008 • 9060 Posts

I also agree with all of you.

What I don't get is TP was Teen and yet it was still really easy. IT WAS FOR A TEEN AUDIENCE WHO ARE FAIRLY GOOD AT VG RIGHT NOW AND IT WAS STILL TOO EASY!

I'm running through it without loosing any lives. Gosh! I want the next game to be like LTTP where I still die on it today. I've played through that game a heck of a lot too. And I still loose lives!

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MaceKhan

What I don't get is TP was Teen and yet it was still really easy. IT WAS FOR A TEEN AUDIENCE WHO ARE FAIRLY GOOD AT VG RIGHT NOW AND IT WAS STILL TOO EASY!

I'm running through it without loosing any lives. Gosh! I want the next game to be like LTTP where I still die on it today. I've played through that game a heck of a lot too. And I still loose lives!

frogloe
Well the rating is for the content matter, not the diffuculty level, but I get what you are saying.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 metroid_dragon

frogloe

Who says gosh?

And yes, I agree that LttP has the perfect balance of challenge and playability. It was the ideal level of difficulty.

Jonte_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jonte_Battery
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts

metroid_dragon
Couldn't agree more also i think that its boring that you don't have to be a little bit carefull or at least block on a regular basis. Now you can just run in and go berserk in stead of have to use a bit of blocking and side stepping. Also just too rant a bit I **** hate that in TP Link uses the shield just as you lock on a enemy. I think it's much better when you get to decide on your own when the shield is to be used, now you cant even center camera whitout him whipping up that fricking shield aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MaceKhan
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

Jonte_Battery
Couldn't agree more also i think that its boring that you don't have to be a little bit carefull or at least block on a regular basis. Now you can just run in and go berserk in stead of have to use a bit of blocking and side stepping. Also just too rant a bit I **** hate that in TP Link uses the shield just as you lock on a enemy. I think it's much better when you get to decide on your own when the shield is to be used, now you cant even center camera whitout him whipping up that fricking shield aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I agree with the shield thing, I don't even know why it bothers me, but it does.