TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

So I was on the Twilight Princess board a while ago, and in a topic about (I think) the timeline, there was a discussion about Wind Waker's flood. Then I decided to type up this little story:

So in the beginning, we get that story about how Ganondorf basically killed Hyrule and how it disappeared. Then we get the story about Outset Island's "Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" population control tradition. But what happened in between the two? How did the land disappear? Eventually we find out it was sunk, but what's the story behind that? How did the people survive? Well one guy said the goddesses selected a chosen few to live on, to which I say "Bull crap." This is how it really happened:

In the beginning there was nothing. The world did not exist, and all was an empty void. Then came three goddesses: Din, goddess of Power. Farore, goddess of Courage, and Nayru, goddess of wisdom. On the first day Din, created the earth. On the second day, Nayru gave the land law and order. On the third day, Farore created all the life forms that wander the earth. On the fourth day, the three goddesses held a bachlorette party with all the other goddesses on the new land. This extended into the fifth day, whereupon the group wandered into the bar of the bachelor gods, were the party was extended to a sixth day of drinking and orgies. The final and seventh day was the day the gods returned to the heavens. As Din, Nayru, and Farore were the drunkest, they were the last to sleep off their hangovers and leave. When they left, they spot where the exited the land was where the Triforce was formed, and was made sacred. Many years passed, and a man named Ganondorf attempted to take over Hyrule. He was defeated by an unfortunate result of a hazy night between an elf and human woman. Ganon attempted his takeover again. And again. And again, being defeated each time by the freaky little kid. At last, Ganon found the Triforce, and, for some reason, did not use its powers to get laid by the Princess Zelda. Instead, he used it to watch Hyrule burn. The green little ass was nowhere to be seen and Hyrule was doomed. But before all was lost, the three goddesses appeared to a man named Hoan. They said to him: "Hoan, Hyrule is being FedEx'd to hell in a handcart by Ganondorf. So were sinking this place under water with a ****load of rain.Therefore we need you to build a boat. A big boat. Like really, really big. Big enough to hold two of every animal in the land. This is how you are to make it: the length of the boat three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits." And Hoan replied "But the only animals in Hyrule are horses, dogs, coo-coos, and moo-moos. Surely I don't need such a large boat for just those?" Slapping him, Din said "Listen a-hole, We don't want this to be the legend of the guy who built a yacht and put some pigs on it. We want this to be the legend of the guy who built a huge mother****ing boat and put some pigs on it. Now are you going to build a boat, or are you going to build a ****ing boat?" And so the man built a ****ing boat. It was exactly to the specifications of the goddesses and somehow finished without Ganondorf noticing, and when the rain came and it came time for the animals to board, the animals were loaded two by two. Then came the enemies of the land, who requested that they be allowed on as well. Hoan turned and said no. Dark Link stepped forward and asked why. "Why?" Hoan replied, "Because screw you, that's why." And slamming the boat door in their faces, he sailed off. Forty days and forty nights of rain and eating horses and moo-moos into extinction later, They touched down on the peak Windfall Mountain. Stepping out onto the ground, he said "Thanks be to the goddesses, who by their-ack!" He was then accosted by a group of men on the island, who stabbed him forty times in forty places. "That's for taking all the wood we could have built boats or shelters out of. We had to climb up this mountain because of you." The boat was then disassembled and used to build Windfall Town.

---

TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheKrystalGame
In case you recognize this, it's copied from the Wind Waker board. Sorry about it being such a wall of text, but I couldn't seem to find a way to smoothly insert paragraphs. Also, I did not steal this story from Talking_Bidoof. This account is merely an alt account of Talking_Bidoof's. I have proof of this in my blog.
Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Odie20XX
Member since 2006 • 41 Posts

I think you're mixing up The Legend of Zelda with some religious book :roll:

The King of Hyrule actually flooded it to prevent Ganondorf from controlling it and giving hope to the future generations so that they could create a new Hyrule.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

As a Christian I find this appalling because it mocks my beliefs.

As a Zelda fan I find this appalling because it turns the "goddesses" of Hyrule into whores.

And it is already explained in Wind Waker what happened.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#5 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Seems to me like the kind of story that doesn't explain anything, made by someone who think that only because it has offensive lanhuage, it is funny, so for your sake, I hope you ripped of someone else.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheKrystalGame

Hmm, tougher crowd than before. Let's see if I can reverse the damage.

I in no way mean to offend anyone. However, I can see how this could be seen as in poor taste and be considered offensive. For that I apologize. I do not use this in any way to try and degrade the Bible or the book of Genesis. I am not saying that no one else survived the Genesis flood because Noah "used all the wood". I also admit that some parts were a bit... over the top.

As a Zelda fan I find this appalling because it turns the "goddesses" of Hyrule into whores.

I attempted to do a tongue-in-cheek type of humor with this story. Maybe it's because its in text, maybe I just screwed up. I am not attempting to degrade the Legend of Zelda series. Make fun of, yes, but not degrade.

Seems to me like the kind of story that doesn't explain anything,

I'm not trying to explain anything. I know that this isn't canon, never will be, and never should be. Unless you mean because of the spoiler warning. That was just in case someone who never finished Wind Waker read this.

made by someone who think that only because it has offensive lanhuage, it is funny,

I do not believe it is funny just because it has offensive language.

so for your sake, I hope you ripped of someone else.

Who's worse? The man who is offensive, or the man who thinks that it is so funny that he passes it off as his own? I maintain that I am the original author.

I am not saying your points are without basis. I merely am hoping to show they do not apply to me. In retrospect, perhaps this is just not the place something like this belongs. I'm not saying that because of the panning reviews, just that maybe a union board isn't where this kind of thing should be.

Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Odie20XX
Come on guys. I knew it would be a parody the moment I read the line:
"Then we get the story about Outset Island's "Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" birth control tradition" so at that point you should just let go of any criticism or beliefs and laugh at it. It was meant to be entertaining so let's treat it as such.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MaceKhan
@Krystal: I realise that you were not trying to mock the Bible and my beliefs, and I forgive you for unintentionally doing so. I also hope that you understand that I wasn't angry or upset with you, and I hope that you can forgive me if I came across as rude. As for the type of humor, I've never found humor of this type to be humorous, especially when you consider that it goes strongly against what I believe, so that is mainly personal preference. Hope there aren't any hard feelings:P.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheKrystalGame

You don't need to apologize. Looking through, there is one part that I would have been offended by had I not wrote it. I can see how it would make people angry.

---

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MaceKhan

You don't need to apologize. Looking through, there is one part that I would have been offended by had I not wrote it. I can see how it would make people angry.

---

TheKrystalGame
Out of curiosity, which part? And perhaps you should abandon the "tongue-in-cheek" humour, it seems like a waste of your skills. Of course this advice comes from my personal dislike of this type of humor, so it is very subjective:P.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheKrystalGame
[QUOTE="TheKrystalGame"]

You don't need to apologize.Looking through, there is one part that I would have been offended by had I not wrote it. I can see how it would make people angry.

---

MaceKhan

Out of curiosity, which part? And perhaps you should abandon the "tongue-in-cheek" humour, it seems like a waste of your skills. Of course this advice comes from my personal dislike of this type of humor, so it is very subjective:P.

The ""Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" birth control tradition." part. I probably would have gotten a little angry at that. I changed it to population control (Not much better, but still), but I don't want to get rid of it since someone already qouted it.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaceKhan
[QUOTE="MaceKhan"] Out of curiosity, which part? And perhaps you should abandon the "tongue-in-cheek" humour, it seems like a waste of your skills. Of course this advice comes from my personal dislike of this type of humor, so it is very subjective:P.TheKrystalGame

The ""Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" birth control tradition." part. I probably would have gotten a little angry at that. I changed it to population control (Not much better, but still), but I don't want to get rid of it since someone already qouted it.

Ah, I take it your pro-life aswell then? And no, its not much better, but you do what you can.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheKrystalGame
Yes I am.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MaceKhan
Awesome!
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 waZelda

Come on guys. I knew it would be a parody the moment I read the line:
"Then we get the story about Outset Island's "Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" birth control tradition" so at that point you should just let go of any criticism or beliefs and laugh at it. It was meant to be entertaining so let's treat it as such.Odie20XX

I don't laugh at things I find funny. Yes, of course it is meant to entertain, but I have problems seeing the humour in the story.

HylianHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HylianHeart
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

And it is already explained in Wind Waker what happened.

MaceKhan
^ Amen. It is explained in the game what happened and why while still leaving room for everyone to draw conclusions.
Odie20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Odie20XX

[QUOTE="Odie20XX"]Come on guys. I knew it would be a parody the moment I read the line:
"Then we get the story about Outset Island's "Send our children out with pointy objects to get killed" birth control tradition" so at that point you should just let go of any criticism or beliefs and laugh at it. It was meant to be entertaining so let's treat it as such.waZelda

I don't laugh at things I find funny. Yes, of course it is meant to entertain, but I have problems seeing the humour in the story.

Wow, so you never laugh? That's kinda sad...
And the story's humor lies in satire aka poking fun at people. I'm not saying you should like it, just let people who do enjoy it. I know TheKrystalGame is trying to set things right but I don't think he has to. Y'know, freedom and all that.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 waZelda
Lol, a "don't" was lacking in my last message.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MaceKhan
Lol, a "don't" was lacking in my last message.waZelda
LOL, dat funny.