BSte2952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BSte2952
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

I have to do a "senior project" for school in order to graduate. My topic is violence in games. However, there is also a theme that changes every year for the senior project. This year's theme is "making a difference." Corny. My English teacher must approve the topic before I can start. She asked me how my subject will tie in or relate to the theme, but I had nothing to say so she told me to check back with later.

I need something I can use to get her to approve. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe something like how violent games made a difference in how people look at games and entertainment and realize that it's not just for kids. Or how people react when a violent crime occurs. People now blame games instead of gangs and mental issues and such.

But my teacher said that my topic had to "make a difference" in a "positive way." Help?

BTW, if you're curious about my opinion on this topic, I'll post a blog about it after finishing my project which won't be until November. Just to let you know, I think violent games causing violence is BS. Unless you let a 5 year old play it everyday for his whole life.

What sucks even more than having to do this is that the essay is due on October 16th and must be between 6-12 pages.

BSte2952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BSte2952
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

BTW I just joined. I have every Zelda game except for Phantom Hourglass and Four Swords Adventure. No, CD-i does not count.

I've been a Zelda fan my whole life and always will be. I'm also a fan of Halo, RE, SH, Fire Emblem, and FF. I'm a member of The Resident Evil Union, The Final Fantasy Union, The Silent Hill Resort, Video Game Lovers union, the Fire Emblem Union, and the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Union.

TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
I would suggest lying. Just put your personal beliefs aside and do what needs to get done to get your work approved. Unless it gets presented to the general public. Then don't do that.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#4 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I think what your teacher want is a project on how video games could be changed in a positive way, not how it has been changed. She probably wants you to find a sollution to how video games could be made less violent and how to do that without destroying the popularity of video games. At least, when it comes to violence, you can't possibly say that over the years there has been less violence than before - and I think her idea of positive change is less violence.