Off-Topic Mario Kart DS Thread. Check up on the First Post!

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmydude
Member since 2004 • 7543 Posts
  1. 1st post Latest Update: Reluctantly added LilBBallPro619's Friend Code.
  2. 2nd post Latest Update: Decided how to run HOF.  Still taking suggestions!

Put down your sword and take out that Mario cap! Here we can talk about the game, give helpful hints and tips or set up matches against your GS friends. We also can bond with our fellow members.

One important deal is the Friend code system. If you guys would like to take part in matches over the internet you need to distribute this to your friends. Any other way will be wayyy to disorganized, so PM me your friend codes and I will put them this first post. This is not inconvienent. Just click the thread name and scroll down. Pretty simple, then you can go see the last post.

PM THE FRIEND CODES don't waste a post here.

This thread also can be used to get to know our members better. "Where do you live?" "Outside of video games what do you like to do?" Things like that.

Now here are the friend codes collected thus far:

• jimmydude: 004355 698036
  • nuck44: 017239 913619
  • Link2025: 038714 170286
  • yigisina: 463917 302184
  • LilBBallPro619: 004355 352154

That's all of them! PM me the friend codes! Go play! Talk, whatever!

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jimmydude

:Hall Of Fame:

jimmydude: 156 / 2

Link2025: 73 / 20

:Hall Of Shame:

(none)

To get on the Hall of Fame:

You need over forty wins and you can have at most or under 1/3 of the wins to be losses. meaning, you have 60 win,. the highest possible number of losses is 20. That gets you on the HOF.

*A rockin' emblem may also deem you worthy, there will be a note next to your name if you have one. I will have official judges.

To get on the Hall of Shame, Your record must be like this:

Have 4/10 [40%] more losses than wins. If you have 100 wins, and 140 losses, you get on the HOS.

*Badmouthing in or about this topic may get you on this. This Hall is kinda a joke so don't hate anyone on it unless there is a note saying to. :lol:

imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts

you people really love this game?

i give it a 8.5/10

SaintPeter33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 SaintPeter33
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
i heard its good
imnotwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 imnotwhite
Member since 2005 • 6437 Posts
i heard its goodSaintPeter33
8.5/10 its grood!
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimmydude
[QUOTE="SaintPeter33"]i heard its goodimnotwhite
8.5/10 its good!

aww no... imnotwhite here to be in my thread. this is so not good. and no, MK DS deserves better than eight point five. that's why you aren't an official judge. /:
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
is anyone up for a game soon?
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimmydude
is anyone up for a game soon?Link2025
I'm up for one right now! let's go! all right I get to pwn a mod!
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link2025
[QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?jimmydude

I meant soon as in 30min - 1hr as in im busy at the moment. I'll pm you when I can.
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimmydude
[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?Link2025

I meant soon as in 30min - 1hr as in im busy at the moment. I'll pm you when I can.

ahh ok. just don't get upset when I ultrapwn you one-on-one. well then I guess I'm just gonna do nothng for a while. bye.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Link2025

[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?jimmydude

ahh ok. just don't get upset when I ultrapwn you one-on-one. well then I guess I'm just gonna do nothng for a while. bye.

I'm ready now. Let's rock!

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jimmydude
dagnabbit Link2025! you go too fast! and I got way nervous and fell off rainbow road, my favorite stage! ok rematch right now! and i'm more calm. I'm getting some water...
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Link2025

[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?jimmydude

What was that?! lol a 3 out of 4 races victory for me :D

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jimmydude

[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?Link2025

wow I cannot believe it... I never lose, you go way to fast how do you do it!? my egg thing is too slow I suppose. is it the kart? or is it the person? Man, maybe you are just a better racer in general...
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link2025
[QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?jimmydude

wow I cannot believe it... I never lose, you go way to fast how do you do it!? my egg thing is too slow I suppose. is it the kart? or is it the person? Man, maybe you are just a better racer in general...

Yay 4 out of 4 races victory for me! I've always thought of Mariokart as a game that relies on both skill and luck. The randomness of mariokart is what I love about it. Hopefully next time we can get nuck and ike to join in. lol that snowball on the last race really messed us up.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jimmydude
[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?Link2025

Yay 4 out of 4 races victory for me! I've always thought of Mariokart as a game that relies on both skill and luck. The randomness of mariokart is what I love about it. Hopefully next time we can get nuck and ike to join in. lol that snowball on the last race really messed us up.

whoa! that is a NICE kart! I tried it in time trial, I'm gonna have to redecide my kart yeah! but I messed up so many times, it didn't make a difference. You are really good, but I'd like to challenge you again when I have the same kart. I'm ready now if you are.
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Link2025
[QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]

[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"][QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?jimmydude

whoa! that is a NICE kart! I tried it in time trial, I'm gonna have to redecide my kart yeah! but I messed up so many times, it didn't make a difference. You are really good, but I'd like to challenge you again when I have the same kart. I'm ready now if you are.

Most of R.O.B.'s karts have top speed on them. Though I like top speed he doesn't get the good items as much and you always have to factor in random happenings. I'll play again when we can get more people to join us. More people = more fun!

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jimmydude
yeah I guess. I need to find my true best kart then... hmm
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jimmydude

Link2025! now I HAVE to race you again! my life fell apart and stuff, I just know I am better than that... it could be the kart or my nervousness, but I need a title-claiming rematch! wah!

EDIT: seriously, does anyone else have the game and can connect or does anyone just like to talk to our fellows? really, this is the MK thread, as well as the recruit bonding thread. but officers can too. EXCEPT LINK2025 until I play him again! he has a very detailed game I need to defeat! gyah! he is the only true challenge I've had! I beat all the noobs, but all those retarded snakers are hard, then they get pwned on rainbow road. I'm guessing my game would be MUCH better if I didn't get so nervous... come on Link2025, I wish to reset my game, for a better unstained WL record. it is stained with the nooby defeats. I can't believe I lost! there has to be a factor that made me lose... intimidation, KART, NERVOUSNESS, something... maybe I cannot accept it but you could just be a better all-around racer than I am... that just seems so hard to believe! gyah! I can't breathe i gondh diy yagh... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... ... ... . .. . . . .. GAH, whew. maybe you are... that jjust seems so impossible... no way... :TIDE

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Link2025
Aww where are Ike and Nuck at? I've played Nuck once but we were mostly messing around instead or actually racing.
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jimmydude
Aww where are Ike and Nuck at? I've played Nuck once but we were mostly messing around instead or actually racing.Link2025
would you say he's as good as you? such cold fingers gah!
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
[QUOTE="Link2025"]Aww where are Ike and Nuck at? I've played Nuck once but we were mostly messing around instead or actually racing.jimmydude

Nah, he'd pwn me :P
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jimmydude

[QUOTE="jimmydude"][QUOTE="Link2025"]Aww where are Ike and Nuck at? I've played Nuck once but we were mostly messing around instead or actually racing.nuck44

Nah, he'd pwn me :P

mm. then so would I. since I am nearly as good, possibly better, we still need a rematch!

EDIT!: since you are on why don't we play?

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
I wish I had a DS. :cry:
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jimmydude
I wish I had a DS. :cry:morbious17
get one! get the whole deal!
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
I've got one, does that warrant a MK : DS purchase then?
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts
I've got one, does that warrant a MK : DS purchase then?woodmeist
Yes. :)
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jimmydude
[QUOTE="woodmeist"]I've got one, does that warrant a MK : DS purchase then?IkeXC07
Yes. :)

well that is quite perplexing. in other words... what? and ike, Link2025 implied you have a code. would you like to PM it to me?
SubVersion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SubVersion
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier if everyone posted their friend codes here?

Anyway, I don't have the game yet, but I will for Christmas. I have to ask though... Does anyone here snake?

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Link2025

Anyway, I don't have the game yet, but I will for Christmas. I have to ask though... Does anyone here snake?

SubVersion

I do only if the other players do. If i'm playing regular people I don't do that because then it would be unfair.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jimmydude

SubVersion

a ha ha ha... I can, and in some cases I will, I'm not going to list them all but here are a few since I consider this a type of cheating in a way:

1. if somebody else is winning with it, I will turn my efforts to hitting him and catching up.

2. If i'm playing one soopernoob and he is being such a turtle i'm offscreen, i'll just do it to end the race quicker. do you SubVersion? and I like an organized system for friend codes. the arrow doesn't work so it's easy to see the friend codes, just look at first post. and PMing me saves a post here and that counts SBV! not a lot, but a little. and maybe I just like getting PMed once in a while... it's not as though it happens often, i'm no leader, like five people added me as friends, and only one Union is my dealio...

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jimmydude

Link2025 you are on! let's play now! c'mon I need to set my life straight, and same kart means less possibilities. don't be so intimidating too!

Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Link2025

Link2025 you are on! let's play now! c'mon I need to set my life straight, and same kart means less possibilities. don't be so intimidating too!

jimmydude

I'm playing Animal Crossing right now 8)

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmydude
[QUOTE="jimmydude"]

Link2025

I'm playing Animal Crossing right now 8)

gyah! then i'm gonna have to wait a while before I lose this tw- KRk excuse me, twitch. well have KRk-- fun! :)-->:wink:
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Link2025
[QUOTE="SubVersion"]

jimmydude

a ha ha ha... I can, and in some cases I will, I'm not going to list them all but here are a few since I consider this a type of cheating in a way:

1. if somebody else is winning with it, I will turn my efforts to hitting him and catching up.

2. If i'm playing one soopernoob and he is being such a turtle i'm offscreen, i'll just do it to end the race quicker. do you SubVersion? and I like an organized system for friend codes. the arrow doesn't work so it's easy to see the friend codes, just look at first post. and PMing me saves a post here and that counts SBV! not a lot, but a little. and maybe I just like getting PMed once in a while... it's not as though it happens often, i'm no leader, like five people added me as friends, and only one Union is my dealio...

There's a big problem with your #2 there. If a guy is slow than that means you shouldn't snake. That guy will probably feel as if there is no way he can catch up and that leads to a higher risk of the player quitting. If you are far ahead you should slow down or pretend to suck for a while so the player doesn't end up quitting and you give the player hope that he can still win. It makes the online experience better for everyone that way. Would you rather have a good record knowing you were playing somewhat unfairly or feel better knowing that you're giving players a fun online experience?

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jimmydude
well you have a good point, but that is what I usually do, and just my last game the other two semi-goods quit, leaving me and a soopernoob, I lapped him then played with him a bit. that's what I do after I win the first three races, then a loss wouldn't matter, and I only snake on noobs when i'm in a rush. I'm so mean sometimes though d: I slow down then slowly accelerate then when he comes up behind BOOM i drop the bob-omb. I'm so evil sometimes. but don't worry I wait for the noob to get back on his feet. I hate those snakers like beta_fuse. has anyone ever seen him? this was his record when I played him: W=288 L=7. he was one incredible snaker, yet I whooped him on rainbow road.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts
does snaking entail powersliding back and forth while going straight or something?
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

does snaking entail powersliding back and forth while going straight or something? nuck44
Yes it's just constantly power boosting.

I don't do it beacuse it is unfair.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jimmydude

[QUOTE="nuck44"]does snaking entail powersliding back and forth while going straight or something? IkeXC07

Yes it's just constantly power boosting.

I don't do it beacuse it is unfair.

The mini-turbos entail cheating, there is no way around it. such is life. One's idea is cheating, another's is fair skillful play.
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jimmydude
NEWS: I have officially erased gamepack to get rid of noob defeats. my friend code has changed! I will update it within like ah 20 minutes, since you guys aren't on or play me anyway. yes
streetballa096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 streetballa096
Member since 2005 • 876 Posts

is anyone up for a game soon?Link2025

im getting it for christmas

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jimmydude

[QUOTE="Link2025"]is anyone up for a game soon?streetballa096

im getting it for christmas

let's hope many do. many are as far as I know. Come on Link2025 let's play! I NEED TO KNOW I am better than that. but I do want a TRUE win!
LiLBBallPro619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 LiLBBallPro619
Member since 2005 • 1074 Posts

friend code:004355-352154 username:nik2319

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jimmydude
Read the first post of the entire topic. I believe that is pretty straight forward. Don't waste the posts or peeps like you won't read them.
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jimmydude

So guys, what would you say the best kart is?

OOH, and I have a question, Does the driver affect anything but the weight? I feel that Mario vs. Yoshi, the handling is better on Yoshi.

wah nobody else is on... so I'll just add this then.

I found a snaking opinion, it may change your outlook on this tactic. Is it cheating, or isn't it? Is it just an "advanced skill" as they call it? look for link below.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/driving/mariokartds/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24772924&pid=920788&page=1

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jimmydude

HEY GUYS! I just made myself an amazing emblem. with the help of a generous program. you guys want the summary and the hyperlink? man this place is boring, no one else posts! I'm not gonna reveal those two until a person faces me. So for now I'll just update the front post with a new program, you guys don't have to scroll down then. I'll say:

Latest Update: nuck44's code

something like that. so checking in is simple. That will also refer the the second post, considering I can work with it and YOU GUYS ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. I guess I'll put the second post's updates on second line. Simple enough...

So so bored... hey does anyone know if I can, and how to change the name of this thread? I request to change the name to

Mario Kart DS thread. Periodically check 1st post!

I believe that "off topic" is superfluous due to the fact that we are in the LoZ Union, Mario is off topic. and "Get the game and go play" just isn't attention grabbing enough. all noobs look for the last posts and I'll need to fix that.

May delete periodically i'll need to check that.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jimmydude
No one is on or even posts anymore altogether so I'll just say, I updated the arrow glitch remark in the first post...
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
How is snaking cheating if it's available to everyone?
jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jimmydude

How is snaking cheating if it's available to everyone?morbious17
Yay morbious is in my mini-Union!

well, some people consider it abusing the mini-turbos, If you scroll up and possibly go back a page I have a link up there with a snaking discussion. they make a good point, it is somewhat an advanced skill. But I only use this tactic if others do. So Morbious, where've you been?

this topic also includes communicating with your companions here.

jimmydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jimmydude
OOOH! you are ok... you need to learn to use the mini-turbos, drift, all that good stuff. then play me again. you are not at full potential