Nothing gets a board moving like a contraversial poll.

TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

So here's one: Which girl would Ocarina of Time Link eventually marry? We all know that Ocarina of Time Link was the James Bond of Hyrule, leading up to five girls being enamored with him. Who does he pick? You... Don't actually decide. You just get to voice your opinion. For this poll, assume that Link actually married someone. (I don't think there's any canon material about this, but I personally think he did end up with someone.) Feel free to specify your choice, or give an alternative that I forgot about / didn't have enough room in the poll for anyway.

Here's a break down of the good and bad things coming with each canidate.

Zelda

Pros:

Good looking (Especially in Melee), member of the Royal Family,and is slightly able to take care of herself.

Cons:

Royal status kind of puts her out of Link's league, somewhat cold personality, and marrying her would give Link diplomatic responsibilities, which isn't good for a person who only yells.

Ruto

Pros:

Heir to the Zora Kingdom, good swimmer, and would be really easy to marry, since naive idiot Young Link already accepted her proposal (Although that part is a bit fishy. I promise I won't do that again.).

Cons:

Slightly aggressive, entire kingdom consists of water, and her father is really freakin disturbing.

Malon

Pros:

Best looking of the bunch (In my opinion), good personality, hard worker, likes animals, a good singer, is the one most suited for Link, and probably cooks and cleans real well. Another good thing, depending on the restrictions placed on Sages, is that Malon is the only one here who isn't a Sage.

Cons:

Her life involves Ingo and Talon and she is a bit temperamental.

Saria:

Pros:

Life long friend and... well... I think that's it actually.

Cons:

To sum it up quickly: "Hi, I'm Chris Hansen, and you're watching "To Catch a Predator"". I think you get the idea.

Nabooru:

Pros:

Is probably rich, relatively good looking, and the relationship would be insanely ironic.

Cons:

Cultural barriers might be a problem, and she would probably end up killing him. Seriously.

Well, there you go. The best and worst of them all. In case you're wondering, I voted Malon.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#2 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
The obvious answer is that he marry none of them because he is transfered back in time and leaves Hyrule after that, but if I were to pick one... I guess Zelda if it was his own choice and if it was my choice it would be Ruto. However the Hero of Time seems to have some trouble being social in some way. So maybe he would go with a safe choice and choose Saria, which he undoubtfully knows best.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
Actually, I think he came back to Hyrule. And I don't think the part in the Wind Waker opening where the people pray for a hero that never comes negates that. I think that by the time that circled around, Ocarina of Time Link was dead. I also think he returned and settled down with someone because I thought (But I may be wrong) there was a part in Wind Waker where Link is told he has the blood of the hero in him. I think that pretty much secures that Ocarina of Time Link had kids. (If I'm right. Again, I might be wrong.)
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
Actually, I think he came back to Hyrule. And I don't think the part in the Wind Waker opening where the people pray for a hero that never comes negates that. I think that by the time that circled around, Ocarina of Time Link was dead. I also think he returned and settled down with someone because I thought (But I may be wrong) there was a part in Wind Waker where Link is told he has the blood of the hero in him. I think that pretty much secures that Ocarina of Time Link had kids. (If I'm right. Again, I might be wrong.)TheKrystalGame
Actually, WW takes place in a seperate timeline. After OoT, Zelda sent Link back in time to relive his childhood, this created two timelines. The first timeline continued without a hero, Link, and includes Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Anyway that is why no hero appeared when Ganon returned in the story told at the beginning of WW, since Zelda sent Link back in time he no longer existed in that timeline and therefore could sire no heirs. Also in WW it actually said the opposite about WW Link, he wasn't a decendent of the Hero. In the second timeline Link (somwhow transformed back into a child) went and told the royal family everything that was going to happen, thus changing how things happend. Afterwards Link left Hyrule and MM took place. And then one hundred years later TP took place. I, like you, believe that after MM Link returned to Hyrule and settled down, also like you I feel Malon would the best choice for him.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Zelda and him wouldn't work I don't think he's ever so much as recieved a kiss from her and look at how many times he's saved her and each time required a good 10+ dungeons.

Now Ruto, you save her once in a single dungeon and she is all over you. Boo-ya.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaceKhan

Zelda and him wouldn't work I don't think he's ever so much as recieved a kiss from her and look at how many times he's saved her and each time required a good 10+ dungeons.

Now Ruto, you save her once in a single dungeon and she is all over you. Boo-ya.

metroid_dragon
Nah man, she's to easy.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 waZelda
Yes, but "too easy" isn't necessesarily a bad thing. Rather getting a good girl in an easy way than a bad one in a hard way.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroid_dragon

Yes, but "too easy" isn't necessesarily a bad thing. Rather getting a good girl in an easy way than a bad one in a hard way.waZelda

Pretty much stole my response word for word.

I like good girls that are easy, as opposed to stuck up ones that won't put out and are b*tches. Plus, Ruto seems like the type to be genuinely loyal to Link. She's easy because she really likes him, not because she's a slut.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="waZelda"]Yes, but "too easy" isn't necessesarily a bad thing. Rather getting a good girl in an easy way than a bad one in a hard way.metroid_dragon

Pretty much stole my response word for word.

I like good girls that are easy, as opposed to stuck up ones that won't put out and are b*tches. Plus, Ruto seems like the type to be genuinely loyal to Link. She's easy because she really likes him, not because she's a slut.

Well, that is true. But I still prefer Malon:P.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
This whole debate boils down to fishy love to human love.
Reviewer72804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reviewer72804
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MaceKhan
Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.Reviewer72804
I'ma call the cops now...
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroid_dragon

Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.Reviewer72804

Might get kinda akward once Link starts getting old...

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="Reviewer72804"]Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.metroid_dragon

Then it just gets aewsome.

Reviewer72804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Reviewer72804
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

[QUOTE="Reviewer72804"]Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.SSCyborg

Oh wow... She's not really a child. She just looks like one. But, you're right metroid_dragon. It would get pretty awkward when he started getting old.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

[QUOTE="Reviewer72804"]Saria. Marrying your best friend for the win! :) Honestly, they would be about the same age. She's just in a... childlike state.Reviewer72804

Oh wow... She's not really a child. She just looks like one. But, you're right metroid_dragon. It would get pretty awkward when he started getting old.

True, since she's mature in mind (She's likely older than link) that's really all that matters. Mature in body is just an easy way to tell who is mature in mind or not, but it's really not the body that matters. That's why it's immoral to do retarded people. Might be awkward out in public, but in all seriousness there isn't anything wrong with it.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waZelda
Personally I'd love one who is overage, but look underage. Hope that's not perverse.
ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
I think Link marrys Malon because she looks finger lickin good and she flirts with Link in the game.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

I like Malon for him :D

(The long lost leader posts???)

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts