waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

What do you think is the most underrated Zelda game and which one is the most overrared.

I think WW is the most overrated. With game of the year from gamespot and an editor's choice award you were to think it is one of the best Zelda games, but I don't think it is. It has to few dungeons and the dungeon it has is bad and with puzzle that is too low-standard. Parts of the game is boring and the story isn't that great either. I can admit that the combat system is good, but the thousand man battle is bad nevertheless.

For most underrated, I'd say LA. I haven't seen anyone actually say anything bad about it, but I rarely see it mentioned on topics such as best Zelda game ever. To me it is by far the better 2D Zelda on gameplay and it has some really entertaining boss fights and good puzzles as well. Also I like the charm of the wierd island Link is stranded on. There are many Mario elements in the game for some reason.

So which do you think?

Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ads6
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

WW was definatly overrated it was still a good game though

im not to sure on what zelda game was underated coz i havent played any of the first zelda game

lightlink7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightlink7
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts

What do you think is the most underrated Zelda game and which one is the most overrared.

I think WW is the most overrated. With game of the year from gamespot and an editor's choice award you were to think it is one of the best Zelda games, but I don't think it is. It has to few dungeons and the dungeon it has is bad and with puzzle that is too low-standard. Parts of the game is boring and the story isn't that great either. I can admit that the combat system is good, but the thousand man battle is bad nevertheless.

For most underrated, I'd say LA. I haven't seen anyone actually say anything bad about it, but I rarely see it mentioned on topics such as best Zelda game ever. To me it is by far the better 2D Zelda on gameplay and it has some really entertaining boss fights and good puzzles as well. Also I like the charm of the wierd island Link is stranded on. There are many Mario elements in the game for some reason.

So which do you think?

waZelda

WW was overrated, the tingle part just felt like a way to lengthen the game. Still I enjoyed the game. I'm not sure what's the most overrated though.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

I think Majora's Mask was underrated. I don't think there is a such thing as an overrated Zelda game.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Majora's Mask was the most underrated. Though that's pretty relative since it was still quite popular.

As for overrated, definitely Phantom Hourglass.

Ads6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ads6
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

Majora's Mask was the most underrated. Though that's pretty relative since it was still quite popular.

As for overrated, definitely Phantom Hourglass.

metroid_dragon

i agree and also phantom hourglass would have been better if it was also on say the gamecube or the wii but it was still quite a good game

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#8 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I would say Twilight Princess was a bit overatted its a good game but I perferred Wind Waker over it.

For underatted thats difficult I would say the Minish Cap.

frozenflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frozenflame10
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

I think Majora's Mask was underrated. I don't think there is a such thing as an overrated Zelda game.

MaceKhan

I Agree, Majora's Mask is probably my favourite in terms of pure enjoyment.

ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
For overrated I would say Four Swords. For underated I would say TP.
TheKrystalGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheKrystalGame
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

Overrated would be A Link to the Past, and underrated would be...

Actually, I can't really think of an underrated Zelda game.

nintendians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#12 nintendians
Member since 2003 • 5394 Posts

oot overrated, but i still like it.

tp underrated, especially the hidden moves, some we seen link doing from the smash series and soul calibur ii, + i kind of think the story was a little to weak.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Generally it seems that people who played TP as their first, or one of their first Zelda games feel it's overrated, while people who played Ocarina back when it came out know how amazing it was.

Yes, if you played Ocarina now it would really have the impact that it did on us. I started with LttP so seeing Zelda in 3d, the whole Deku Tree Dungeon was just incredible.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MaceKhan

seeing Zelda in 3d, the whole Deku Tree Dungeon was just incredible.

metroid_dragon
Yes, it was.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 waZelda
I don't think it was that great, but I guess if it was the first dungeon you played on a 3D Zelda game, it is natural to love it.
skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts

I disagree on WW being overrated. I love that game. I really see alomost nothing wrong with it. Maybe the lack of Gorons and Zoras?

I can't really think of an overrated one.

Underrated would have to be MM and LA. Especially MM people just don't like the time thing but I really didn't think much of it. I loved the Kafei sidequest because you can change a lot of stuff around time. I just want them to continue from that game.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 waZelda

I disagree on WW being overrated. I love that game. I really see alomost nothing wrong with it. Maybe the lack of Gorons and Zoras?

I can't really think of an overrated one.

Underrated would have to be MM and LA. Especially MM people just don't like the time thing but I really didn't think much of it. I loved the Kafei sidequest because you can change a lot of stuff around time. I just want them to continue from that game.

skatrbub54

I love MM and LA. On my list, I have four games on the top that I have no idea which order to put in. That is MM, LA, OoT and TP.

link-pwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 link-pwnage
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have known about Zelda for a long time but I have to admit that WW was the first game I have actually played ( I used to go over to my cousins and watch him play OoT for hours though) I think That WW was underrated. Because everyone I know hated The animation. But I must say TP is overrated. Don't get me wrong its an awsome game but overrated.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

overrated: The legend of zelda: The wind waker, and The Legend of Zelda: The phantom hourglass

id have to say its a tie between wind waker and phantom hourglass for me. WW is a great game but it felt like it lacked a certain atmosphere and like TC said it had a lot of boring moments that felt like more of a chore, and on top of that i think it divided zelda fans into the two groups one that likes the cel shaded artwork and another that likes the realistic look and as zelda fans we shouldn't be divided over the games appearance it should have a look that we would all universally enjoy. And phantom hourglass is probably one of the weakest zelda games ive ever played, the puzzles were easy and the corridors in the dungeons felt very claustrophobic compared to past games.

underrated: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

I would say the minish cap is very underrated and it is one of my favorite zelda games, it has Beautiful artwork and characters. The small world of the minish people was just an awesome and new unseen world for link to explore, along with great music and a number of other qualities i could list for a while.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
overrated would be TP , WW , Phantom hourglass for sure , and the orginal zelda
like others have said WW and PH are pretty weak zelda titles . TP was a port over to the wii and the port didnt fix or add anything so i dislike it for that reason

underrated MM . MM was a beautiful game that had many mysterys and side quests , it had a very dark would full of death and for once you really get to see the world falling around you with no one knowing but you . it showed a darkness that was misunderstood and pure evil it showed deaths which could not be corrected even by the hero of time it was truly a magnificient game
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MaceKhan

as zelda fans we shouldn't be divided over the games appearance it should have a look that we would all universally enjoy. Gohansephiroth
I agree that we shouldn't argue about which one is "better", but there is nothing wrong having a preference. I myself would love something like this...

zelda06

Bright and colorful like WW, but with realistic character models like TP.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"] as zelda fans we shouldn't be divided over the games appearance it should have a look that we would all universally enjoy. MaceKhan

I agree that we shouldn't argue about which one is "better", but there is nothing wrong having a preference. I myself would love something like this...

zelda06

Bright and colorful like WW, but with realistic character models like TP.

yea that would be great, a zelda game with a good balance and mixture of both art directions, which everyone can enjoy.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MaceKhan

yea that would be great, a zelda game with a good balance and mixture of both art directions, which everyone can enjoy.

Gohansephiroth
Exactly.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Over- TP.

Under: MM or Minish Cap

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

None of them are overrated or underrated,but ill go with The Legend of Zelda Oracle of ages/seasons.

Underrated: minish cap.

Does Links crossbow training count?

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MaceKhan

None of them are overrated or underrated,but ill go with The Legend of Zelda Oracle of ages/seasons.

Underrated: minish cap.

Does Links crossbow training count?

SuperSmashBro1
I don't think we count that as an actual Zelda game.
FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

I think that TP was over rated

bad story. two or three changes but nothing that leave u wow OMGad amazing.

under-rated? I'm pretty sure, reviewers, didnt knew what MM was, and still is. That game is amazing, rocking story and awesome gameplay.

who havent yet play this title, just should. yep :)