waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

In a Link to the Past, there is a spot where you will turn into something else if you step on it and they tell you that you that you will be transformed into your true form.

What I find strange about this is that Link turn into a rabbit. In what way is Link similar to a rabbit? I mean, rabbits symbolize weakness and cowardness and they are easily scared. Link is the very symbol of courage. In many of the games he holds the triforce shard of courage. Why a rabbit?

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I guess there are hidden metaphors, but I don't really want to think about it. :P
shionone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shionone
Member since 2003 • 4670 Posts
WOW, that's deep. I always thought because the rabbit was the polar opposite of Link and it was to break my man down mentally. Didn't happen, still spanked booty. But not really sure, since it made my head hurt to think about it.
Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts

In a Link to the Past, there is a spot where you will turn into something else if you step on it and they tell you that you that you will be transformed into your true form.

What I find strange about this is that Link turn into a rabbit. In what way is Link similar to a rabbit? I mean, rabbits symbolize weakness and cowardness and they are easily scared. Link is the very symbol of courage. In many of the games he holds the triforce shard of courage. Why a rabbit?

waZelda
What if inside all of us there is Fear, and Rabbits Fear mostly everything, but Link is Brace enough to continue even wit Fear, I think that's what it means:?
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
A very possible explaination.
Avatar image for zelda_fanatic28
zelda_fanatic28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zelda_fanatic28
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Dude, that is like omg! y wood he symbolize a rabbit??? WOW! No seriously WOW!

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

I believe the symbolism there lies in the previously mentioned noting that everyone has fears, and even though Link never expreses them, he also has fears inside. That...or Miyamoto, and company thought it'd be fun to throw in something completely random or appreciate their cuteness. :P

Could this be Link?

Could this be Link, and perhaps the cat lurking behind is Gannon... the plot thickens. :P

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
i always thought it was because you were always sprinting around...quick like a rabbit.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
i always thought it was because you were always sprinting around...quick like a rabbit.N8A
Not as deep as Neo_Ike's explaination, but they both make sense to me.
RErikku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 RErikku12
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
Rabbits are said to have too much power in their muscles for their bodies to take. Maybe this is symbolic to the fact that Link has more power than he is willing to face until he comes to grips with his Triforce of courage.
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#11 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

Rabbits are said to have too much power in their muscles for their bodies to take. Maybe this is symbolic to the fact that Link has more power than he is willing to face until he comes to grips with his Triforce of courage.RErikku12

Wow, that is intelligent. I think you are probably right. At least I don't think anyone will find a better answer.

Neo_Ike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Neo_Ike
Member since 2007 • 10682 Posts

[QUOTE="RErikku12"]Rabbits are said to have too much power in their muscles for their bodies to take. Maybe this is symbolic to the fact that Link has more power than he is willing to face until he comes to grips with his Triforce of courage.waZelda

Wow, that is intelligent. I think you are probably right. At least I don't think anyone will find a better answer.

hmm, that could be it, it's bold yet unexpected8)