If there was a Zelda movie, should link talk?

• 62 results
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
I've been fascinated with the Zelda series. If there is a movie, should link talk? (I'll be starting new topics having to do with a Zelda movie in the future :))
Final_Crusade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Final_Crusade
Member since 2003 • 3117 Posts
If its an anime, then probably not so much. He should have the same amount of dialog that Cloud had in FFVII Advent Childern. If its a live action movie, then Link should probably be modeled on Jaquine Phoenix's (sp) character from 'The Villiage'. His manorisums, dialog and acting in that movie completely remind me of any RPG character. Especially the part where that woman came up to him and confessed her love for him, and he just stood there and said nothing, and then she ran away crying. Classic RPG moment.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
i think there shouldn't be a movie in the first place. there already was legend of zelda cartoonseries in the past and link had the worst voiceactor ever!! i like to say: stick to the games with zelda.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
There should not be a movie. Not even an anime movie. Christ, leave the games in peace, please.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerfist

I agree

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts

If he didnt talk then it would be kinda strange because the main charecter *( who by the way you would probably see the most duh) would just do things and you would assume what he was thinking and doing so i think he should talk

Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts
There should not be a movie. Not even an anime movie. Christ, leave the games in peace, please.Litchie
word. it would only ever be embarassingly crap, and i couldn't face that.
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PhantomPhoot
ok, so, not many are enthusiastic if there was a movie. I personally don't care whether there is or isn't, but I think that Link should be a mute ^^.
linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts

there already was legend of zelda cartoonseries in the past and link had the worst voiceactor ever!!killerfist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

Definitive reason why Link should not talk: EXCUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!

Akooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Akooshy
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts
[QUOTE="Calpalg"] word. it would only ever be embarassingly crap, and i couldn't face that.

^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^
ZeroWingEvil91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZeroWingEvil91
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
If you want Link to speak then that means you hate America man!! You bloody comunist!
Just kidding, seriously though, Link should not speak... ever. It just wouldn't feel right.

A Zelda movie wouldn't work even, especially, if Link spoke. Like I said, just wouldn't feel right.
LinkOfHolland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LinkOfHolland
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
If there ever is gonna be a Zelda movie it should be something like what Peter Jackson did for LOTR or the Potter movies with the books. It should be made with great dedication and may not be screwed up. I think i have to agree with the idea that Link doesn't need much to say, just like cloud has in FF:AC just to follow up Zelda tradition. It's meant to be that way. Link got his mysterious and 'cool' character because of it and that should be put in the movie if it ever get's on the big screen.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist

[QUOTE="killerfist"]there already was legend of zelda cartoonseries in the past and link had the worst voiceactor ever!!linkzero

Definitive reason why Link should not talk: EXCUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!

oh man wahaha!! that was bad..:P:Pbrings the whole zelda series down good that they cancelled the series and i hope it never comes back

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
Link does speak, but its more of  a given.
Shadow7871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Shadow7871
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
A movie wouldn't work Link doesn't speak very much at all in fact if he did speak more it wouldn't work I mean who who be the voice of Link.  I can't see any actor filling the role well
RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
First of all, the only way that I can personally see a Zelda movie working out is if it was entirely computer animated. Although the series is already epic in itself, I just feel that the transition from the game to a "live-action" movie would not work out for a countless number of reasons. Secondly, if (and this is a big if) they ever did go through with making some type of Zelda movie I believe that they should have him do nothing more than the occasional grunts that have become somewhat of a tradition throughout the series. I'm sure that many of the longtime Zelda fans (including myself) have a certain voice in mind that we give to Link, but if they were to go and give him one set voice it would somewhat take away from the mysticism of the series.
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnny139
Member since 2005 • 4036 Posts

I think so. But he should only say "Yes", "No", and "Link".

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#18 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
I accually believe there has been made a serie with Link and Zelda where Link talks, and of course in a movie, you can't have any person who don't talk, but I don't think there should be any movie. However, if what you mean is like a movie of a game, I think Link should only nod or shake his head.
linkzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 linkzero
Member since 2003 • 22150 Posts

I think so. But he should only say "Yes", "No", and "Link".

johnny139
lol, saying his own name almost makes him sound like a Pokemon :lol:
X_Facter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 X_Facter
Member since 2006 • 3158 Posts
no
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PhantomPhoot
How about when someone asks "What's your name?" o.O (funny comment though)
PSGuRu39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 PSGuRu39
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
lets just say if there was a zelda movie it would be the worst movie ever!
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerfist
I agree with You PSGuRu... a movie would never worked out and if they would make a silenced type out of link (just saying Yes, No and link) why wouldn't he say more than that?
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
if nintendo were to make a anime movie it should be based on the zelda manga. the manga really good
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PhantomPhoot
lets just say if there was a zelda movie it would be the worst movie ever!PSGuRu39
ok, the question is not whether you wish there would be a movie or not. The question is whether or not he should speak in the movie itself.
masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
If there is and I'm not saying theres going to be one,link should'nt talk even if hes the mian character,he should stick with saying "Eh" and nodding his head.:lol:
cms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cms
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
well once I saw this parody where "link from Oot sees Ww link playing his ocarina and starts yelling at him. the link from Lttp starts to argue with him and the funniest thing he says  is "well you where raised by a tree when you wanted to buy something  he'd say "sorry son money doesn't grow on me."" then Ww link says "sigh this is why we never talk."
TeknoBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TeknoBlade
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
Link should never talk. If he talked, it would just turn into one of those stupid-assed Legend of Zelda shows that was on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. "GEEZ, Princess!"
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
EXCUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS! In all realism though, he shouldn't talk, or be limited to about as much dialogue that Cloud had form Advent Children.
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
In my opinion I think Zelda would make a poor film. It's an excellent game series, but cinematically speaking it's missing a lot.
ab0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ab0o
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
hi should talk ofc!

skatrbub54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skatrbub54
Member since 2003 • 2160 Posts
in WW he talks.  he says come on to the statues
kirby2198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kirby2198
Member since 2006 • 909 Posts
http://movies.ign.com/articles/746/746927p1.html check this out
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
What would be so cool would be if Link didn't talk the whole movie but in the end when whoever the antagonist is (most likely Ganondorf) was about to kill Zelda Link would all like, "ZELDA!" And he'd kill Ganondorf with this ultra cool move :D
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Um, we went ova this months ago. There already making a Zelda movie. 
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

In anwser to the topic question:

No it should be like a Chaplin movie:lol:. LS

MELITO1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MELITO1
Member since 2006 • 1849 Posts
i will love if they can make a movie in 3d .and i would like to hear him talk but wat i really care is how he will act...like those old cartoon ,i hate the way he act in those cartoon, has anybody seen them.
UrFaceIzDum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UrFaceIzDum
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts
Its been said by others already, but anime yes, live action don't even bother making the movie. And if it was anime, very limited speech to almost give an enigmatic view of the character. If they made a live action movie I would probably kill myself. Can you see Matt Damon playing Link? Sorry, I think not.
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 linkyshinks

Its been said by others already, but anime yes, live action don't even bother making the movie. And if it was anime, very limited speech to almost give an enigmatic view of the character. If they made a live action movie I would probably kill myself. Can you see Matt Damon playing Link? Sorry, I think not.UrFaceIzDum

I agree with this standpoint, i would never wish to see a live action film but a anime would be great, Nintendo could easily command the services of japans best anime illustrators plus they could probally get studio Ghibli to work on the project as Miyamoto and Hayao Miyazaki are very good friends, plus his approach to animation would lend itself perfectly well to the Zelda series. LS:wink:

Avatar image for Dark_Master5151
Dark_Master5151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dark_Master5151
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts
First and foremost, like many people have said, the film must be anime, anything else would be a complete disgrace to the LoZ series. Second, should Link talk? No - of course not! Link doesn't talk in the games well he screams, if you class that as talking, so why should he talk in the movie? Here's an idea though...what would it be like if it was subtitled (obviously not every character), just Link and the text went by just like in the games...wouldn't that give it an authentic look?

Oh, I also saw a comment that a LoZ movie is in production - since when? I've heard nothing of this, if anyone has and links on this - I'd appreciate it, I'm sure others would aswell.
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 johnny139

[QUOTE="UrFaceIzDum"]Its been said by others already, but anime yes, live action don't even bother making the movie. And if it was anime, very limited speech to almost give an enigmatic view of the character. If they made a live action movie I would probably kill myself. Can you see Matt Damon playing Link? Sorry, I think not.linkyshinks

I agree with this standpoint, i would never wish to see a live action film but a anime would be great, Nintendo could easily command the services of japans best anime illustrators plus they could probally get studio Ghibli to work on the project as Miyamoto and Hayao Miyazaki are very good friends, plus his approach to animation would lend itself perfectly well to the Zelda series. LS:wink:

First of all, where have you ever heard that Miyazaki and Miyamoto are friends? Being an obbsessive fan of both, I see very little credibility in that. Second, Miyazaki is working on his final movie right now. After that, unless I'm mistaken, he will be a retired man (for good this time!).

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 linkyshinks
 They are known to have met at a Anime convention in 1992 in Nagoya, they were introduced to each other by Shigatatso Itoi, a mutual friend, they are said to admire each others work greatly. LS
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 johnny139
Well, there's that, but I wouldn't call them "friends".
Q8iy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#45 Q8iy
Member since 2006 • 2285 Posts

Link shouLd use symboLs in his hands and not taLk :D.

hamiltonticats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hamiltonticats
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

I agree that Link should use subtitles in a Zelda movie, though I think the movie should be of real people.  It would seem too childish like WW.  Real people would give it that intensity.

hamiltonticats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hamiltonticats
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

I agree that Link should use subtitles in a Zelda movie, though I think the movie should be of real people.  Anime would seem too childish like WW.  Real people would give it that intensity.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

I agree that Link should use subtitles in a Zelda movie, though I think the movie should be of real people. Anime would seem too childish like WW. Real people would give it that intensity.

hamiltonticats
subtitles? uhh, whatever, I'm not even going to bother debating this because anyone who said that in the first place obviously doesn't bother to think about what he's posting. Let me just ask you this: how much of the general popular would see a movie in which the main character only talks in subtitles? Not very much, it would alienate a huge chunk of the potential consumer base. Then, you say that it appearing as an anime would make it seem childish? Sorry to ruin your little fantasy world there buddy, but the vast majority of anime is much more violent and mature than anything the western world dishes out, real people, animated or otherwise.
Avatar image for Dark_Master5151
Dark_Master5151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dark_Master5151
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts
Hmmm now you mention it, introducing subtitles into the movie would be pathetic - guess I didn't think about that, doh! But what other options are there? We've never heard Link speak to anyone, so wouldn't it be a big risk introducing an actor for him? It could work, though, but it could completley ruin it.
facit_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 facit_90
Member since 2005 • 840 Posts
The easiest way to solve theproblem would be to just give him a voice, then they wouldn't have to bother with some other way of doing it. What bothers me though is how they would keep a deep story throughout the movie. They should probably cut ut the dungeons to a maximum of two and always have some kind of conversation going on. It wouldn't be Zelda, that's for sure.