I just beat Wind Waker a few hours ago. (Spoilers!!)

• 68 results
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

It's an excellent game!. It's a tad too easy though, I beat Ganondorf my first try. I asked a friend how to beat Puppet Ganon, I didn't think you had to shoot the tail with a light arrow!

One thing about the ending though, why did the King of Hyrule choose to drown the entire land of Hyrule instead of saying "Save Hyrule and let both it and the Great Sea remain!", instead of what he really said. Most of all though, why didn't he go back up with Link and Tetra/Zelda (whatever you want to call her), instead of choosing to drown in Hyrule in what I see as drowning in self-pity? I guess I didn't like the ending very well. Even if they did go to find a new Hyrule, it's like the King said, "That land would not be Hyrule." I guess I missed Ocarina of Time's Hyrule. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be disappointed, we'll see the old one in Twilight Princess when it comes out.

I don't care what the storyline says, in my eyes it will always be the same Hyrule, just like in my eyes it won't always be a different Link. Only when it's obvious to me.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
the king didn't go with link and tetra because hyrule is his land ,just like your home, even if your friends have a far better place, you will stay in your home right?i guess it's the same here
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
it was my impression that he was a ghost.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

I don't think he is a ghost. I think he is actually the king that was frozen when Hyrule was frozen. The ship has his spirit in it.

I am replaying the game right now as my sig says. I am at the Wind Temple. I'm not a huge fan of that dungeon becuase I don't like Makar.

KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 KenTa_613
Member since 2004 • 11702 Posts
i agree. the story wasnt all the great but still blends with zelda history. and u really didnt think to shoot his tail with the light arrows? i think the was the most obvious part of the whole puppet fight!.
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 woodmeist
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I don't think he is a ghost. I think he is actually the king that was frozen when Hyrule was frozen. The ship has his spirit in it.

I am replaying the game right now as my sig says. I am at the Wind Temple. I'm not a huge fan of that dungeon becuase I don't like Makar.

IkeXC07

Why do you not like Makar, he's cool!

Astronomicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Astronomicus
Member since 2005 • 2701 Posts
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

woodmeist

Makar is cool. He's so cool, that he need'nt even go to school.

talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 talon4001
I don't like having to babysit the sages, although there are redeeming parts in both dungeons, in earth some of the puzzles are really great, and in wind for some of the dungeon makar is in jail, so you don't have to worry about him.
Chaos_four

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Chaos_four
Member since 2003 • 319 Posts
wind waker was pretty easy, I don't think I died at all in this one
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

wind waker was pretty easy, I don't think I died at all in this oneChaos_four

I died about three times I think. One time I got killed by pigs!:lol: Another time I fell into lava too many times.:x I also got killed in the Twinmold fight.:evil:

There was another time I got "killed" by Puppet Ganon (or Ganondorf, one of the two), but I had a fairy, so I guess it didn't matter.

Avatar image for recipient_unown
recipient_unown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 recipient_unown
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="woodmeist"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

Astronomicus

I like Medli way more then Makar. She is soooooo much better. She's so cool, that she needn't go to school, but because she knows that Makar needn't, she goes anyway.8)

dave_monash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dave_monash
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts
I thought the King felt like he couldnt leave his Hyrule because he still felt guilty for not being able to save it. He understood that a knew 'Hyrule' had survived and sent Link & Tetra there but couldnt part with his own land. I thought it was a good Zelda game but it wasnt linear enough for me. I mean i like freedom to explore but there was too much here IMO. There should have been more story cutscenes and stuff. Still a great game. I didnt die either, it was easy.
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 LordJinChaos
Member since 2004 • 17713 Posts
I definitely agree with you there.
cps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 cps
Member since 2003 • 2899 Posts
He drowned, along with Ganon, and Hyrule, so the past may be forgotten, and the mistakes...So that Link and Tetra may be able move on, free from the memories.
W8I8Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#15 W8I8Z
Member since 2005 • 4200 Posts
This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?
cps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 cps
Member since 2003 • 2899 Posts

This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?W8I8Z

No...because the story goes that the gods flooded Hyrule from the pleas of the people to save them, since the hero had not risen and Ganon had returned...they drowned the land!

woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 woodmeist
[QUOTE="Astronomicus"][QUOTE="woodmeist"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

recipient_unown

I like Medli way more then Makar. She is soooooo much better. She's so cool, that she needn't go to school, but because she knows that Makar needn't, she goes anyway.8)

Makar doesnt need to go to school to be cool, he has a violin, he makes a weird sound when he walks and you can use him to glide (like a cucco) Hell, he's the coolest character Nintendo have ever created!

talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 talon4001
I think Makar wasn't cool, and link should have kicked him so that he would go flying into the ocean.
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
the king didn't go with link and tetra because hyrule is his land ,just like your home, even if your friends have a far better place, you will stay in your home right?i guess it's the same herenintendo-4life
or it could be hes a stubborn old prick......BTW.....Makar > everyone
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IkeXC07

[QUOTE="W8I8Z"]This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?cps

No...because the story goes that the gods flooded Hyrule from the pleas of the people to save them, since the hero had not risen and Ganon had returned...they drowned the land!

I would like to see that.

I definately hope we get see how Ganon returns.

woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 woodmeist

I think Makar wasn't cool, and link should have kicked him so that he would go flying into the ocean.talon4001

You sick evil person :twisted:

IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IkeXC07

I think Makar wasn't cool, and link should have kicked him so that he would go flying into the ocean.talon4001

:lol: I feel the same way.

LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LordJinChaos

[QUOTE="talon4001"]I think Makar wasn't cool, and link should have kicked him so that he would go flying into the ocean.woodmeist
You sick evil person :twisted:

That's what I was thinking.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendo-4life

[QUOTE="W8I8Z"]This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?cps

ya but what if link dies at the end ?

then ganon returns and there is no hero?

that might be the end:)

Avatar image for recipient_unown
recipient_unown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 recipient_unown
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="recipient_unown"][QUOTE="Astronomicus"][QUOTE="woodmeist"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

woodmeist

Makar doesnt need to go to school to be cool, he has a violin, he makes a weird sound when he walks and you can use him to glide (like a cucco) Hell, he's the coolest character Nintendo have ever created!

Well Medli has a Golden Harp, and instead of leaves to glide with, she has wings to fly with. And she is the descendant of a Zora, and not that stupid Kokiri with the violin. Lets see Makar beat that.:x

Lgndryhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lgndryhr
Member since 2005 • 1084 Posts
[QUOTE="cps"]

[QUOTE="W8I8Z"]This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?nintendo-4life

I could see this happening at the end of TP. They are already taking a darker side to this game and saying it's before WW but after OoT. Maybe Link holds back Ganon long enough for Zelda to get away but gets killed while trying his best. The end could have Link fighting the hardest you've ever seen. Then all of a sudden Ganon slowly gets the upperhand and kills him using his triforce piece and trys to take Link's.

Maybe Link and Ganon fight in the twilight relam as their animal forms and Ganon is something huge and Link is just this little wolf but hrlps Midinda (sp?) escape and tells her to warn Zelda. As Midina walks away you hear a howl, a few whines, and the last howl from Link soon after a large stomp noise.

Lastly, Link could use all of his strength and triforce power to seal Ganon away in hopes to keep him from causing any harm and loses his life in the process. Few years later there is a loud rumble and a giant earthquake then all of sudden you hear this sinister laugh and Ganon ravages the land. There is no Link nor anyone brave enough nor strong enough to take him so the land floods and now we reach WW time.

During one of these fights Ganon could say something about him being right that he'd come back one day and get one of the ancestors of Link back for sealing him away in OoT and that could piss off Link which causes him to use all that power he does in hopes to prove he's just as good and can do the same. (Keep in mind these ideas were made as I typed not thought out real long and well so don't flame me for some mistake or an idea/theory you don't like) We could very well see something like this or not. I hope to see a Zelda that connects this well.
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 woodmeist
[QUOTE="woodmeist"][QUOTE="recipient_unown"][QUOTE="Astronomicus"][QUOTE="woodmeist"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

recipient_unown

Well Medli has a Golden Harp, and instead of leaves to glide with, she has wings to fly with. And she is the descendant of a Zora, and not that stupid Kokiri with the violin. Lets see Makar beat that.:x

Without Makar the Forest Dance thingy would not be able to start, therefor there would be no lovely trees in the world! Also the Kokiri are a great race that easily rival the Zora and a Harp and a violin are both great musical instruments and cannot be compared as they both produce their own distinct style of sound :P

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="cps"]

[QUOTE="W8I8Z"]This version of Zelda was different from the others because Hyrule was kinda NOT there. You played above Hyrule. If TP plays out before Wind Waker is it possible TP will end with the world flooding?Lgndryhr

I could see this happening at the end of TP. They are already taking a darker side to this game and saying it's before WW but after OoT. Maybe Link holds back Ganon long enough for Zelda to get away but gets killed while trying his best. The end could have Link fighting the hardest you've ever seen. Then all of a sudden Ganon slowly gets the upperhand and kills him using his triforce piece and trys to take Link's.

Maybe Link and Ganon fight in the twilight relam as their animal forms and Ganon is something huge and Link is just this little wolf but hrlps Midinda (sp?) escape and tells her to warn Zelda. As Midina walks away you hear a howl, a few whines, and the last howl from Link soon after a large stomp noise.

Lastly, Link could use all of his strength and triforce power to seal Ganon away in hopes to keep him from causing any harm and loses his life in the process. Few years later there is a loud rumble and a giant earthquake then all of sudden you hear this sinister laugh and Ganon ravages the land. There is no Link nor anyone brave enough nor strong enough to take him so the land floods and now we reach WW time.

During one of these fights Ganon could say something about him being right that he'd come back one day and get one of the ancestors of Link back for sealing him away in OoT and that could piss off Link which causes him to use all that power he does in hopes to prove he's just as good and can do the same. (Keep in mind these ideas were made as I typed not thought out real long and well so don't flame me for some mistake or an idea/theory you don't like) We could very well see something like this or not. I hope to see a Zelda that connects this well.

I like your idea but link dying???...no.....

How about this??

Instead of Link dying when he Seals Ganon lets just say he got warped to another place, then the story could continue with OoA/S or with LA.

But my real theory of how Link comes is this... (i posted it a while ago)

Link is just a symbol of true courage, any kid that surpasses THE BIG test will gain courage.

Explanation: In WW Link's sister is kidnapped so he embarks on a journey to save her, then he gains courage when he has enough courage he just becomes the Hero. Since gods mostly can predict the future they give a little birthmark like the Triforce of Courage, they dont give him the triforce cause if he fails the triforce might get stolen. (this is just pure speculation and i added the birthmark thing cause then how would i explain how all the links got that mark) When a kid gains enough courage he acknowleadges (sp?) that he is the Hero then is given the triforce of courage.

This might explain why before WW, Hyrule got flooded maybe the Hero failed. :(

And this can explain too why all the Kids at the age of WW link have to go around with the green clothes.

There might be some kids that undergo the test, if all of them fail then Ganon resurrectes or breaks the seal and Hyrule doesnt have savior.......
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendo-4life

How about this??

Instead of Link dying when he Seals Ganon lets just say he got warped to another place, then the story could continue with OoA/S or with LA.

Link is just a symbol of true courage, any kid that surpasses THE BIG test will gain courage.

Explanation: In WW Link's sister is kidnapped so he embarks on a journey to save her, then he gains courage when he has enough courage he just becomes the Hero. Since gods mostly can predict the future they give a little birthmark like the Triforce of Courage, they dont give him the triforce cause if he fails the triforce might get stolen. (this is just pure speculation and i added the birthmark thing cause then how would i explain how all the links got that mark) When a kid gains enough courage he acknowleadges (sp?) that he is the Hero then is given the triforce of courage.

And this can explain too why all the Kids at the age of WW link have to go around with the green clothes.

There might be some kids that undergo the test, if all of them fail then Ganon resurrectes or breaks the seal and Hyrule doesnt have savior.......
BurningDragoon

but wait, how come the link from TP was not mentioned in WW ?

maybe you play as link the hero of time?

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BurningDragoon

[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"]I like your idea but link dying???...no.....

How about this??

nintendo-4life

you cant play as the hero of time, remember the master sword returned to its pedestal, so no more time traveling.
However good question...let me think....

Not much of Hyrule's history was talked about in WW, and if a hero were to save you, you wouldnt tell him there was someone before him that failed.

The only way my theory backfires is that there hasnt been any mention of failing Links. Maybe the world link in hyrulian means Hero??? (strange)
Perhaps they dont want to remember those failing links so that kids dont get discouraged.
woodmeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 woodmeist

How about this??

BurningDragoon

Hmm.. It's a good theory but there is no real test of courage it really just.. happens I suppose. Also the hero did not fail, it says in the Preloader to WW that the people prayed to the gods but the hero 'never came'. Perhaps there was no one courageous enough to stand up against Ganon, and so the gods washed away Hyrule and sealed away Ganon. The reason the boys dress in green is celebrate the coming of age, and to pay homage to the hero that saved them years ago. Thats just my idea anyways.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]

How about this??

BurningDragoon

you cant play as the hero of time, remember the master sword returned to its pedestal, so no more time traveling.

Not much of Hyrule's history was talked about in WW, and if a hero were to save you, you wouldnt tell him there was someone before him that failed.

The only way my theory backfires is that there hasnt been any mention of failing Links. Maybe the world link in hyrulian means Hero??? (strange)
Perhaps they dont want to remember those failing links so that kids dont get discouraged.

so? if you notice , link sword isnt the master sword, and he returnes as a child at the end of Oot, so he could have time to move out of hyrule ,and the triforce was already on cowboy link's left hand, so with little twists , things could work out don't you think?

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]

How about this??

nintendo-4life

so? if you notice , link sword isnt the master sword, and he returnes as a child at the end of Oot, so he could have time to move out of hyrule ,and the triforce was already on cowboy link's left hand, so with little twists , things could work out don't you think?

Yes very likely they would work.
Lgndryhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lgndryhr
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]

How about this??

BurningDragoon

Yes very likely they would work.

I knbow Link doesn't die but he should go out in a big way and either fight his hardest and the scene could be really intense or as you said go to another place. He could go where the sages are b/c of what a task he did this time. The green clothes are to celebrate the coming of age and pay tribute to the hero that saved them last time. They are born with the marking of the Triforce on their hands......those that are suppose to be the next hero. The gods I believe already deicde who it will be. In WW Link does use the master sword but he his not the hero of time. This Link could be the one from the end of OoT but lived his life the way it should have been but this time something happens. He doesn't hesitate as you notice in the game so he may be the same one or been told of the story of OoT and that Ganon was to one day return.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendo-4life

i knbow Link doesn't die but he should go out in a big way and either fight his hardest and the scene could be really intense or as you said go to another place. He could go where the sages are b/c of what a task he did this time. The green clothes are to celebrate the coming of age and pay tribute to the hero that saved them last time. They are born with the marking of the Triforce on their hands......those that are suppose to be the next hero. The gods I believe already deicde who it will be. In WW Link does use the master sword but he his not the hero of time. This Link could be the one from the end of OoT but lived his life the way it should have been but this time something happens. He doesn't hesitate as you notice in the game so he may be the same one or been told of the story of OoT and that Ganon was to one day return.
Lgndryhr

though you could be right, i htink we should just wait for more info:P

Lgndryhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lgndryhr
Yea we won't know for sure till they say more and we play the game. I just can't wait for the game to come out.
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LordJinChaos
Same here.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
Ditto
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LordJinChaos
Here it comes. . . Same here.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendo-4life
i want this game:cry:
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LordJinChaos
You should get it, its a great game.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts
i just beat it today also...

ganondorf was definatly the hardest boss but it only took me 2 trys

it was a sweeeeeeeeet game
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KenTa_613
can anyone clear this up? my friend said that TP is going to be before WW. i thought it was going to be after.
LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LordJinChaos
Nope, but I thought they already said it was talking place after.
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
It's taking place before WW and after OoT.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 awesomeusername
Member since 2004 • 1501 Posts

can anyone clear this up? my friend said that TP is going to be before WW. i thought it was going to be after.KenTa_613

I thought that too. I was sure it was what they said when we first heard of it. But I guess it's after OoT and before WW. Did they change it, or was I just misinformed at the beginning?

LordJinChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LordJinChaos
They may have changed it, but I highly doubt it.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BurningDragoon
maybe. But it will be very hard for them and highly doubtful.
Lgndryhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lgndryhr
It's before WW and after OoT. It was said by, I believe, by Eiji Aonuma or Shigeru Miyamoto that it would be in the timeline this way.
KenTa_613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KenTa_613
It's before WW and after OoT. It was said by, I believe, by Eiji Aonuma or Shigeru Miyamoto that it would be in the timeline this way.Lgndryhr
i always thought that it should belong after majoras mask. since majoras mask is a diff timeline.