I have some questions about the people in Wind Waker! (Possible spoilers!!)

• 70 results
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metalsamurai
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

Since I've already done some questions about the islands of Wind Waker, I thought I'd do some questions about the people of Wind Waker!

Why did the Zoras evolve in to Ritos if the ocean is an ideal environment for Zoras? My theory is that when the gods flooded Hyrule, they knew that the land under the sea would remain intact, but Hyrule was not a good place to live then, so they told the Zoras to go to Dragon Roost Island (Death Mountain in my opinion). Now, keep in mind that when in Hyrule, you can see the ocean above you. The Zoras would have hardly any space on ocean floor to do anything because there isn't hardly any ocean floor anyway! They would only have the areas around the islands to dwell in the ocean. Thus they evolved into bird people to roam the skies!

What happened to the Gorons? My theory is that when Hyrule flooded, the gods decided that ocean was no place for a civilization like the Gorons to live, so they guided them to a faraway land that was not a small island, and there the Gorons remained. Some took out on rafts to sail the seas and become merchants. Perhaps they came from the same land Zunari is from.

Why did the Kokiri change into Koroks, and why are they able to leave the forest? I think the Kokiri changed into Koroks because it would be more convenient for living in an ocean world. The Koroks are light and have the ability to fly using Deku Leaves. I think the Deku Tree in Wind Waker wanted them to spread forests across the Great Sea and thus allowed them to leave the forest.

What happened to the Gerudos? It is possible that they all died, but I don't think so. I think the gods realized that just because Ganondorf was a Gerudo didn't mean his people were all evil. I think that they were sent to another land.

What do you think?

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 morbious17
Member since 2005 • 16150 Posts
I think that the Deku Tree is the reason the Kokori could leave the Lost Woods. That's all I have to say.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metalsamurai

I think that the Deku Tree is the reason the Kokori could leave the Lost Woods. That's all I have to say.morbious17

Maybe the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time lied to the Kokiri to keep them from leaving! They're dancing at Lon Lon Ranch later!

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 morbious17

[QUOTE="morbious17"]I think that the Deku Tree is the reason the Kokori could leave the Lost Woods. That's all I have to say.metalsamurai

Maybe the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time lied to the Kokiri to keep them from leaving! They're dancing at Lon Lon Ranch later!

Yeah, I always wondered why they were there. I want to go to a party in a Legend of Zelda game!
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metalsamurai
[QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

[QUOTE="morbious17"]I think that the Deku Tree is the reason the Kokori could leave the Lost Woods. That's all I have to say.morbious17

Yeah, I always wondered why they were there. I want to go to a party in a Legend of Zelda game!

I want to go to a Zelda world, only way bigger than in the game. I always picture the worlds in Zelda being way bigger with way more people! I wish I could go to Termina...when the moon's not falling!

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts

Since I've already done some questions about the islands of Wind Waker, I thought I'd do some questions about the people of Wind Waker!

Why did the Zoras evolve in to Ritos if the ocean is an ideal environment for Zoras? My theory is that when the gods flooded Hyrule, they knew that the land under the sea would remain intact, but Hyrule was not a good place to live then, so they told the Zoras to go to Dragon Roost Island (Death Mountain in my opinion). Now, keep in mind that when in Hyrule, you can see the ocean above you. The Zoras would have hardly any space on ocean floor to do anything because there isn't hardly any ocean floor anyway! They would only have the areas around the islands to dwell in the ocean. Thus they evolved into bird people to roam the skies!

What happened to the Gorons? My theory is that when Hyrule flooded, the gods decided that ocean was no place for a civilization like the Gorons to live, so they guided them to a faraway land that was not a small island, and there the Gorons remained. Some took out on rafts to sail the seas and become merchants. Perhaps they came from the same land Zunari is from.

Why did the Kokiri change into Koroks, and why are they able to leave the forest? I think the Kokiri changed into Koroks because it would be more convenient for living in an ocean world. The Koroks are light and have the ability to fly using Deku Leaves. I think the Deku Tree in Wind Waker wanted them to spread forests across the Great Sea and thus allowed them to leave the forest.

What happened to the Gerudos? It is possible that they all died, but I don't think so. I think the gods realized that just because Ganondorf was a Gerudo didn't mean his people were all evil. I think that they were sent to another land.

What do you think?

metalsamurai

These are good theories... but evolution doesnt happen that fast.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 morbious17
[QUOTE="morbious17"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

[QUOTE="morbious17"]I think that the Deku Tree is the reason the Kokori could leave the Lost Woods. That's all I have to say.metalsamurai

I want to go to a Zelda world, only way bigger than in the game. I always picture the worlds in Zelda being way bigger with way more people! I wish I could go to Termina...when the moon's not falling!

I meant while playing the game.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 IkeXC07
Member since 2004 • 8980 Posts

The gorons still exsist if you look at the Lonely Merchants closely you can see that it is a goron.

As for the rest I don't know.

I hope we find out answers in TP.

Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Barmy_Brat
Member since 2004 • 1350 Posts

Anyone who paid attention this board at the very beginning will remember my massive theory.

To cut to the chase, my theory stated that most of Hyrule (as seen in OoT) was frozen in time under that bubble. The Zoras were frozen there to, and the Rito are the evolved form of the people who lived above the clouds in Minish Cap (Bolded bits suggested by someone else, I think his username was Allen_t3h_n00b or something like that. He's still around here somewhere, I'm sure he'll show up eventually :) ).

So after the bubble disappeared and the great sea swallowed Hyrule, the Zoras were released into the ocean and this explains how Zoras exist in any game post-Wind Waker.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts

Anyone who paid attention this board at the very beginning will remember my massive theory.

To cut to the chase, my theory stated that most of Hyrule (as seen in OoT) was frozen in time under that bubble. The Zoras were frozen there to, and the Rito are the evolved form of the people who lived above the clouds in Minish Cap (Bolded bits suggested by someone else, I think his username was Allen_t3h_n00b or something like that. He's still around here somewhere, I'm sure he'll show up eventually :) ).

So after the bubble disappeared and the great sea swallowed Hyrule, the Zoras were released into the ocean and this explains how Zoras exist in any game post-Wind Waker.

Barmy_Brat
I like this theory. It makes more sense than the other one. I also noticed that the lonely merchants appeared to be gorons but, what happened to the rest???
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Link-from-Hell
Member since 2004 • 1343 Posts
I heard somewhere that if the Kokiri were to leave the forest, they would start becoming older, and like then into a adult. Don't know if that is true or not but like I said I heard it somewhere.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IkeXC07
[QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

natiko

I like this theory. It makes more sense than the other one. I also noticed that the lonely merchants appeared to be gorons but, what happened to the rest???

I think the rest of Gorons porbably drowned when Hyrule was flooded.

Hopefully TP will answer our questions.

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 morbious17

Barmy_Brat
Wait a minute. I thought Minish Cap was made after Wind Waker?
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metalsamurai
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

IkeXC07

I don't think they drowned because they lived in the mountains! They would have time to see that Hyrule was flooding and make for higher ground. Also, the Deku Tree's Sprout was probably a lot bigger by the time it flooded and probably told the Kokiri to climb him to the top and plant a Deku Tree seed inside him (hence the Deku Tree in Wind Waker).

metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metalsamurai

Barmy_Brat

I don't know...Laruto says that her bloodline has passed into the next sage, Medli, so I think that Zoras turned into Rito.

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 morbious17
[QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

metalsamurai

I don't know...Laruto says that her bloodline has passed into the next sage, Medli, so I think that Zoras turned into Rito.

Yeah, I remember that.
Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Barmy_Brat
[QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

morbious17

Yes, MC was made after the Wind Waker. But it is generally accepted that MC/FS/FSA come beofre OoT chronologically.

As for the bloodline bit...Well, its harder to explain convincingly. Basically, I beleive Medli is to Laruto as the Hero Of Winds is to the Hero Of Time. Just somebody who carries on her traits and personality, someone who is chosen to become the next sage.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

metalsamurai

I don't think they drowned because they lived in the mountains! They would have time to see that Hyrule was flooding and make for higher ground. Also, the Deku Tree's Sprout was probably a lot bigger by the time it flooded and probably told the Kokiri to climb him to the top and plant a Deku Tree seed inside him (hence the Deku Tree in Wind Waker).

I doubt TP will answer these questions but, maybe the game after that.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 morbious17
[QUOTE="morbious17"][QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

Barmy_Brat

Yes, MC was made after the Wind Waker. But it is generally accepted that MC/FS/FSA come beofre OoT chronologically.

As for the bloodline bit...Well, its harder to explain convincingly. Basically, I beleive Medli is to Laruto as the Hero Of Winds is to the Hero Of Time. Just somebody who carries on her traits and personality, someone who is chosen to become the next sage.

Wow. :| I'm still confused, but thanks for trying.
Incubiss_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Incubiss_exe
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
I heard somewhere that if the Kokiri were to leave the forest, they would start becoming older, and like then into a adult. Don't know if that is true or not but like I said I heard it somewhere.Link-from-Hell

No it says in the Oot sStrategy guide that when they leave the forest they become the skeletonds dudes, I wish i hade my book here for reference.
Incubiss_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Incubiss_exe
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
kokiri when they left the woods would become eather a skill kid, or a stalfos. Im not sure. I no for a fact it is one of them though.
Can someone cleer me up.

So i guess the gods made the koroks (the plant version is called this)

Thank god for the zelda universe encylopedia.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 morbious17
[QUOTE="Link-from-Hell"]I heard somewhere that if the Kokiri were to leave the forest, they would start becoming older, and like then into a adult. Don't know if that is true or not but like I said I heard it somewhere.Incubiss_exe

No it says in the Oot sStrategy guide that when they leave the forest they become the skeletonds dudes, I wish i hade my book here for reference.

I thought it said in OoT that if they leave the forest, they die.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 metalsamurai

kokiri when they left the woods would become eather a skill kid, or a stalfos. Im not sure. I no for a fact it is one of them though.
Can someone cleer me up.

So i guess the gods made the koroks (the plant version is called this)

Thank god for the zelda universe encylopedia.
Incubiss_exe

If a Kokiri leaves the forest, he or she dies. When a person from outside the forest enters the Lost Woods he or she becomes a Stalfos. I don't believe that, personally.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BurningDragoon
I heard somewhere that if the Kokiri were to leave the forest, they would start becoming older, and like then into a adult. Don't know if that is true or not but like I said I heard it somewhere.Link-from-Hell

Peter Pan...
ArmyofPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 ArmyofPie
Member since 2004 • 1189 Posts
The creatures in the game, not to mention the human-like beings, are what is left of the people from the last game. There is remixed music of past tunes you heard in Ocarina of Time, so the Ocean is sort of like a flooded field where you used to run with Epona in Ocarina of Time.
GBAGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GBAGB
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
[QUOTE="Barmy_Brat"]

natiko

THAT IS AN AWESOME THERORY

tannernin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tannernin
Member since 2004 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

What do you think?

BurningDragoon

Good point
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 morbious17
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

What do you think?

tannernin

Good point

Yep.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 metalsamurai
[QUOTE="tannernin"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

What do you think?

morbious17

Good point

Yep.

Perhaps the gods changed their forms quickly; after all, the Koroks changed their forms quickly.

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 morbious17
[QUOTE="morbious17"][QUOTE="tannernin"][QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

What do you think?

metalsamurai

Good point

Yep.

Perhaps the gods changed their forms quickly; after all, the Koroks changed their forms quickly.

Yes they did.
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BurningDragoon
perhaps...
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 morbious17
perhaps...BurningDragoon
Something on your mind?
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BurningDragoon
either koroks could have evolved by the power of the gods (i doubt this, since werent the gods turned into the triforce) or they evolved by the help of the Deku Tree.

IM not sure about the other evolutions, since a marine being (Zoras) becoming a bird being (Ritos) would require much effort and since evolution doesnt happen in hundreds of years.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 morbious17
I thought the Koroks changed to adapt to the new environment.
metalsamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 metalsamurai

I thought the Koroks changed to adapt to the new environment.morbious17

You are correct, sir!

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 morbious17

[QUOTE="morbious17"]I thought the Koroks changed to adapt to the new environment.metalsamurai

You are correct, sir!

8)
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BurningDragoon
I thought the Koroks changed to adapt to the new environment.morbious17

They certanly did. But evolution usually comes with adaptation, so i really doubt a kokiri (human like) would become a korok (plant like) so fast.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 morbious17
[QUOTE="morbious17"]I thought the Koroks changed to adapt to the new environment.BurningDragoon

They certanly did. But evolution usually comes with adaptation, so i really doubt a kokiri (human like) would become a korok (plant like) so fast.

Then how?
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BurningDragoon
that i dont know and cant explain. As i cant explain the efectiveness of the fierce deitys (sp?) sword.
morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 morbious17
that i dont know and cant explain. As i cant explain the efectiveness of the fierce deitys (sp?) sword.
BurningDragoon
I know.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IkeXC07

I'm sure we'll find a lot of answers in TP.

I hope.....:?

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 morbious17

IkeXC07
Even if we don't, I won't be disappointed.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IkeXC07
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

morbious17

If we don't find out how Ganon escaped the dark realm I will definately be dissappointed.

morbious17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 morbious17
[QUOTE="morbious17"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

IkeXC07

If we don't find out how Ganon escaped the dark realm I will definately be dissappointed.

Well there's that.
Barmy_Brat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Barmy_Brat
Koroks were able to evolve thanks to the Great Deku Tree. The Goron's had no God, so they died. The Zora's had a God, who is still alive in Wind Waker (or, at least, a descendant), so thats just another reason why I don't believe the Zora's are now Rito. Their God still exists.
IkeXC07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IkeXC07
[QUOTE="IkeXC07"][QUOTE="morbious17"][QUOTE="IkeXC07"]

morbious17

Well there's that.

Seriously it will be a big let down if we don't find that out.

hermanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 hermanson
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="metalsamurai"]

What do you think?

tannernin

Good point

but this is a game so, we don't know how fast they evolved. In there world they could evolve a lot faster then we do. So you can't really say that evolution doesn't happen that fast, because it might in there world.

Avatar image for fissure_ocarina
fissure_ocarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fissure_ocarina
Member since 2005 • 3087 Posts
This may be a little off topic, but if Hyrule is the ocean floor of this unnamed (I think) area in WW, then why are there treasure chests lying around in Hyrule? I didn't miss that many in OoT!
Avatar image for fissure_ocarina
fissure_ocarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fissure_ocarina
Member since 2005 • 3087 Posts
If everyone (OK, most everyone) changed from Hyrule like your theory is, then why is Link the same? Is it because he is the Hero Of Time?