ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#101 ShootTheCore
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

Actually, it was me who deleted your post. As an officer, it's my duty to take care of things like that. I think you can consider yourself lucky, though. I have seen people getting suspended or banned for providing instructions on how to download illegal ROMs.Gamer4Iife

Well thanks for deleting it before i got banned or suspended.  For the record, I really don't do that stuff unless it's a game that's near impossible to get a hold of through more reputable means; but I wont give instructions on how do to so anymore either.

ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ShootTheCore
It is illegal, but not really immoral, if you think about it. If a Japanese company isn't releasing a game in the US--like the PS2 port of Nights: Into Dreams--and has no intention of doing so, then they obviously don't plan to make money from people playing it in the US. However, I don't want to get banned so I wont discuss how to do this.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

it's completely illegal, and didn't you read the conversation between those two? you can get moderated or banned.

thrubeingcool13

That's right. According to the Gamespot TOS, you can get moderated simply for asking. I really wouldn't recommend asking around like you just did, brick_player.

It is illegal, but not really immoral, if you think about it. If a Japanese company isn't releasing a game in the US--like the PS2 port of Nights: Into Dreams--and has no intention of doing so, then they obviously don't plan to make money from people playing it in the US. However, I don't want to get banned so I wont discuss how to do this.ShootTheCore

Yep, it's also true for old games that no longer generate revenue for developers. There's actually a lot of benefit from emulation, but its illegality prevents us from taliing about it. At least, on Gamespot.
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
ops oh well they way i see it is if people are stuipd enough to make their games albe to be downloaded off the net then thats there fault
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ShootTheCore

ops oh well they way i see it is if people are stuipd enough to make their games albe to be downloaded off the net then thats there faultbrick_player

It's not about game developers being stupid, it's more about nerds like me being crafty.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

The simple fact about roms are that although they legal under some circumstances (you own the game or you downloaded the rom within the last 24 hours). It's fairly obvious that they are used for legal means about as much as people torrent non-pirated things.

So Gamespots outright banned all discussion and information related to them. Unfortunantly it's their word that's law around here, so we moderators need to uphold those laws.

ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ShootTheCore

The simple fact about roms are that although they legal under some circumstances (you own the game or you downloaded the rom within the last 24 hours). It's fairly obvious that they are used for legal means about as much as people torrent non-pirated things.

So Gamespots outright banned all discussion and information related to them. Unfortunantly it's their word that's law around here, so we moderators need to uphold those laws.

metroid_dragon

hehe, I understand, I'm not complaining; it's a Judge Dredd kind of scenario.

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 brick_player
so its illegal ok we get it but were you guys saying you download the game sto discs cause ive never heard of that one bein done
ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
It would be better if you guys would stay on topic.
ninjaboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ninjaboy7
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
HORROR ZELDA that would be sweet rated M
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 brick_player
depends on your definion of horror and if they use toon link or like the real life one and hey its fun getting off topic
VelociBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 VelociBlade
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

Although I do enjoy the occasional horror game (lovin' Dead Space) I don't think thatthe Zelda series should go completly horror. I would like a very dark Zelda, with maybe a few horrow segments thrown into the mix (like under the well in OoT, but scarier) but I don't think I would want the entire game based around horror.

metroid_dragon

I have to agree with Metroid Dragon. Although I do think that the game would do VERY well with many shadow temple styled parts. It would be good to give it a TP feel if they did make one though.

Also, Nintendo does NOT LIKE ROMS. It considers them ripoffs of their games that undercut their sales, and gamespot doesn't want a lawsuit.

BtVS_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 BtVS_Fan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Please vote on the Zelda Poll on www.misterpoll.com/polls/418805

Please don't advertise
~md