ultra-chidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 ultra-chidori
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

What if we had a Zelda game that fell under Horror action?   Seriously Ganondorf need's a new recipe for his minions.                    I think that this idea would bring more people to Zelda because remember in the Shadow Temple it said Hyrule had a Blood Stained past maybe we can bring that into a game but make it horror based where you use action to take down monsters.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

What if we had a Zelda game that fell under Horror action?   Seriously Ganondorf need's a new recipe for his minions.                    I think that this idea would bring more people to Zelda because remember in the Shadow Temple it said Hyrule had a Blood Stained past maybe we can bring that into a game but make it horror based where you use action to take down monsters.

ultra-chidori

Although I do enjoy the occasional horror game (lovin' Dead Space) I don't think thatthe Zelda series should go completly horror. I would like a very dark Zelda, with maybe a few horrow segments thrown into the mix (like under the well in OoT, but scarier) but I don't think I would want the entire game based around horror.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Al_Elric
Member since 2008 • 5090 Posts
[QUOTE="ultra-chidori"]

metroid_dragon

Although I do enjoy the occasional horror game (lovin' Dead Space) I don't think thatthe Zelda series should go completly horror. I would like a very dark Zelda, with maybe a few horrow segments thrown into the mix (like under the well in OoT, but scarier) but I don't think I would want the entire game based around horror.

i cant beat OoT because of the shadow temple...it freaks me out...
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
i cant beat OoT because of the shadow temple...it freaks me out...Al_Elric
Me too. I mean, I can beat it, its just that because the level freaks me out so much I don't play it that often(Its the music).
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroid_dragon

[QUOTE="Al_Elric"]i cant beat OoT because of the shadow temple...it freaks me out...MaceKhan
Me too. I mean, I can beat it, its just that because the level freaks me out so much I don't play it that often(Its the music).

Personally I've always found the bottom of the well much scarier. (floor masters already freak me out, but then they made them invisible??)

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="Al_Elric"]i cant beat OoT because of the shadow temple...it freaks me out...metroid_dragon

Personally I've always found the bottom of the well much scarier. (floor masters already freak me out, but then they made them invisible??)

The floor masters don't actually bother me that much. Now the WALL masters that drop down from the ceiling have always terrified me.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="Al_Elric"]i cant beat OoT because of the shadow temple...it freaks me out...MaceKhan

The floor masters don't actually bother me that much. Now the WALL masters that drop down from the ceiling have always terrified me.

I would have just lost if this was the trivia topic :P I meant wall masters, I always get those two mixed up. (why is it 'wall'?? that's the only think they DON'T climb on!)

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

Heh... they're both pretty horrible, if you ask me. >_>

Remember the Mini-Floormasters that would strangle you, steal your hearts AND grow back into a full Floormaster ? God, I hated that.

There's this one room in the Shadow Temple, right after the Ghost Ship ride, that is infested with them. I always SPAM Din's Fire and use up all my magic because of those little buggers.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#12 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
Though I think a Zelda game should have occasional creepy areas (the Shadow temple and bottom of the well was awesome, and also the inside of the moon makes me quiver), I think it would be hard to make a Zelda game that was completely horror-based. Those new Zelda fans they would make, would be disappointed by the games that would come after it. It wouldn't fit very well with the concept either. I think a franchise should not change that much. If people like horror, then Zelda won't be the place to go.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gamer4Iife

Though I think a Zelda game should have occasional creepy areas (the Shadow temple and bottom of the well was awesome, and also the inside of the moon makes me quiver), I think it would be hard to make a Zelda game that was completely horror-based. Those new Zelda fans they would make, would be disappointed by the games that would come after it. It wouldn't fit very well with the concept either. I think a franchise should not change that much. If people like horror, then Zelda won't be the place to go.waZelda

Yes, variety is always a good thing, but if they're going to add creepy places, I think they might as well go all the way and change the game significantly to force the players to adapt to the new area. Like, temporarily turning the game into a survival horror in a creepy dungeon would be awesome, imo.

The series has been criticized for its dated gameplay as of late. This would be a great way to add something new and fresh.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamer4Iife

do you mean that in the dungeon you would be chased by zombies? and have to slash your way through to survive? like resident evil with a sword instead of a gun?
thrubeingcool13

No. That would be what you do in every Zelda game; fighting Redeads with your sword.

I mean something that TOTALLY changes the game. Like for example, you accidently drop your sword in a pit and find yourself chased by hordes of monsters, effectively turning the game into a temporary survival horror game. You then proceed in the dungeon as you normally would, except you have to avoid and hide from the enemies as opposed to kicking everyone's ass all the time. Even the boss battle could be done through unconventional means.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gamer4Iife
How should I know ? :P I'm just saying they should do something cool...
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamer4Iife

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]How should I know ? :P I'm just saying they should do something cool...thrubeingcool13

didn't mean to interrogate you, i was just curious.

Yeah, I know. :P That kind of caught me off-guard, as I didn't really think about it.

I guess there could be a swarm of enemies rushing towards you that will either kill you or seriously injure you, which would add to the scariness.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Al_Elric
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="thrubeingcool13"]

[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]How should I know ? :P I'm just saying they should do something cool...thrubeingcool13

didn't mean to interrogate you, i was just curious.

Yeah, I know. :P That kind of caught me off-guard, as I didn't really think about it.

I guess there could be a swarm of enemies rushing towards you that will either kill you or seriously injure you, which would add to the scariness.

i like that idea

reminds me of the grass paths in OoT as an adult..
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="thrubeingcool13"]do you mean that in the dungeon you would be chased by zombies? and have to slash your way through to survive? like resident evil with a sword instead of a gun?
Gamer4Iife

No. That would be what you do in every Zelda game; fighting Redeads with your sword.

I mean something that TOTALLY changes the game. Like for example, you accidently drop your sword in a pit and find yourself chased by hordes of monsters, effectively turning the game into a temporary survival horror game. You then proceed in the dungeon as you normally would, except you have to avoid and hide from the enemies as opposed to kicking everyone's ass all the time. Even the boss battle could be done through unconventional means.

You mean like Forsaken Fortress rated M style:P?
Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Al_Elric
do you mean as a child when the skeletons pop out?thrubeingcool13
no i mean remember the path going to the grass temple , there were those guards with tridents in OoT . also why is it that outside of Ganondorfs fortress its all doom looking but in his fortress its nice....
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gamer4Iife

You mean like Forsaken Fortress rated M style:P?MaceKhan

Not necessarily. :P The Forsaken Fortress wasn't too different from the normal gameplay, you could still pick up a wooden stick and defend yourself and the penalty wasn't too harsh for being discovered.

It doesn't even have to be M-rated, it just needs to make you feel completely defenseless and vulnerable.

Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Al_Elric

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"]You mean like Forsaken Fortress rated M style:P?Gamer4Iife

Not necessarily. :P The Forsaken Fortress wasn't too different from the normal gameplay, you could still pick up a wooden stick and defend yourself and the penalty wasn't too harsh for being discovered.

It doesn't even have to be M-rated, it just needs to make you feel completely defenseless and vulnerable.

so you want nintendo to make maybe their first M rated game? and for it to depress people?
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gamer4Iife
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

[QUOTE="MaceKhan"]You mean like Forsaken Fortress rated M style:P?Al_Elric

so you want nintendo to make maybe their first M rated game? and for it to depress people?

Huh ? When did I ever say either of those things ?

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 brick_player
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
i think these are all great ideas but i think there should be a huge war where you like a leader of the army against like gannon then like you find link and raise to be become a personal soldier for the king of hyrule than hrule falles under trouble again and you cant dont anything for gannon's imprisonned you and lest make a new all powerfull sword like the brother sword to the master sword but instead of light powers it uses darkness and changes you to a cool new link kinda like the ferice deity mask in marjioa's mask
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gamer4Iife
i think these are all great ideas but i think there should be a huge war where you like a leader of the army against like gannon then like you find link and raise to be become a personal soldier for the king of hyrule than hrule falles under trouble again and you cant dont anything for gannon's imprisonned you and lest make a new all powerfull sword like the brother sword to the master sword but instead of light powers it uses darkness and changes you to a cool new link kinda like the ferice deity mask in marjioa's mask brick_player
Hey... no offence, but I think that's a terrible idea. I can't imagine Link as a general of some army, that's just not his style. I see him more as lone wolf, always acting on his own. And why he use a sword of darkness against Ganon ? If anything, I'd say that using light would make much more sense. Your ideas sound like an interesting fanfic, but I personally wouldn't want that in the actual game.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MaceKhan

[QUOTE="brick_player"]i think these are all great ideas but i think there should be a huge war where you like a leader of the army against like gannon then like you find link and raise to be become a personal soldier for the king of hyrule than hrule falles under trouble again and you cant dont anything for gannon's imprisonned you and lest make a new all powerfull sword like the brother sword to the master sword but instead of light powers it uses darkness and changes you to a cool new link kinda like the ferice deity mask in marjioa's mask Gamer4Iife
Hey... no offence, but I think that's a terrible idea. I can't imagine Link as a general of some army, that's just not his style. I see him more as lone wolf, always acting on his own. And why he use a sword of darkness against Ganon ? If anything, I'd say that using light would make much more sense. Your ideas sound like an interesting fanfic, but I personally wouldn't want that in the actual game.

Gonna have to agree with G4L on this one.

Yeah I knew what you meant. I was just kidding:P.
Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Al_Elric
[QUOTE="Al_Elric"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

Huh ? When did I ever say either of those things ?

well being "defenseless" and "vulnerable" makes most people depressed..
Al_Elric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Al_Elric
[QUOTE="brick_player"]i think these are all great ideas but i think there should be a huge war where you like a leader of the army against like gannon then like you find link and raise to be become a personal soldier for the king of hyrule than hrule falles under trouble again and you cant dont anything for gannon's imprisonned you and lest make a new all powerfull sword like the brother sword to the master sword but instead of light powers it uses darkness and changes you to a cool new link kinda like the ferice deity mask in marjioa's mask Gamer4Iife

besides , how would he give out orders? HRAH HRUH HRERAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 brick_player
no not link as a genarl your right bout him cause that would just ruin him i meant like some new guy who later raised link to be who we all know and love like in link to the past how it says that there was a war for the tirforce or something and than it shows link and like his dad or someone i mean like making a game where you use him to fight with and than he finds link and raises him to be a solider but he does what he does best solo and i personly like that dark sword idea idk why
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 brick_player
also im a major fan of games like God of War so that may of influenced my idea or just randomness
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 brick_player
but yet they have changed it before in those cd-i games and besides you never know what may happen the main thing i was pointing at though was change it up now and again i mean come beat six to eight dugons than the boss and BAM your done well start a new type of something war was just a thoery (which would suecussful) but sorry link without a sword though a whole dugon would suck just like it did in WW
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#41 ShootTheCore
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

i think these are all great ideas but i think there should be a huge war where you like a leader of the army against like gannon then like you find link and raise to be become a personal soldier for the king of hyrule than hrule falles under trouble again and you cant dont anything for gannon's imprisonned you and lest make a new all powerfull sword like the brother sword to the master sword but instead of light powers it uses darkness and changes you to a cool new link kinda like the ferice deity mask in marjioa's mask brick_player

Wow, no offense, but some of these ideas are awful.

Though I agree on a, potentially, darker and possibly more violent Zelda.  I, personally, was outraged that they rated Twilight Princess 'Teen', (I was outraged when they did the same for SuperSmash Bros Brawll as well).  I mean, Nintendo is obviously trying to gear Wii games to younger audiences, but they may as well give up; the american parenting model is so neurotic and obsessed with shielding children from any type of violence and conflict in the media that, I swear, at the rate things are going Mario and Sonic are going to start being rated M in a few years.  I think a great way for Nintendo to stick it to these over-protective american parents would be to just release a series of classic games with a darker and more violent tone.

I actually like Gamer4life's idea of having a particular dungeon where your weapons are useless, and there's more of an emphasis on  survival.  Does anyone here play the Legacy of Kain games?  There's one dungeon in Blood Omen II called the Eternal Asylum, and in it most of your attacks and powers are useless and the whole time you're being chased by this, like, big monster/demon/vampire guy and the emphasis, suddenly, switches to speed, stealth, and very fast puzzle solving, as opposed to fighting and 'take your time' puzzle solving, which is what the rest of the game is like.  That game wasn't great or anything, it was probably the worst in the LoK series, but that one dungeon did alot to give that game some variety.  So switching up the overall tone of the game in a couple of dungeons could certainly help a Zelda game, I think.  Like the stealth infiltration part at the begining of Wind Waker; I liked that, and I wish there was more of that in that game.

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 brick_player
but fighting is one of the best parts of Tp i mean like using the helm splitter the mortal draw the finishing blow and stuff made that a top nocth zedla game and i also agree with changing up the dugeon formula just not to the extant of no wepons making it like a stealth level that would ruin it but what the need to do the most is keep making games with graphics like TP i love those graphics and wow everyone must hate my very werid and twisted mind huh oh well ill live with it cause i got a hot girlfriend HA (lol)
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShootTheCore

Making a game rated M doesn't necessarily make it mature in an intelligent way.thrubeingcool13

This is true.  If this were 5 years ago I'd say something like "but if the Nintendo makes any Zelda game it's bound to be more intelligent and well thought out then most games"; unfortunately Nintendo's been following a horrible trend of disappointment lately so I no longer have such blind faith in them.

There seems to be a general trend in unintelligent games lately.  I can't remember the last time I marvelled over the story in a video game; mostly I just skip past the cutscenes as quickly as possible so I don't have to listen to bad dialogue.  This use to be more common among American games, like Grand Theft Audio, God of War, and Halo, but now it seems to be across the board with alot of Japanese companies following the American model.  So yes, I agree that making a game violent wont necassirly make it more mature and intelligent, but I'd rather have a stupid game then a stupid and censored game.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 metroid_dragon

There seems to be a general trend in unintelligent games lately.  I can't remember the last time I marvelled over the story in a video game; mostly I just skip past the cutscenes as quickly as possible so I don't have to listen to bad dialogue.  This use to be more common among American games, like Grand Theft Audio, God of War, and Halo, but now it seems to be across the board with alot of Japanese companies following the American model. 

ShootTheCore

Braid? Metal Gear Solid 4? Grand Theft Auto 4? Fallout 3? Persona 3? Persona 4? The World Ends With You? Valkyria Chronicles? Dead Space?

These are just games from 2008. There are still fantastic stories in games out there, you just need to know where to look.

(Also, I happen to love the Halo universe and storyline)

ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShootTheCore

Braid? Metal Gear Solid 4? Grand Theft Auto 4? Fallout 3? Persona 3? Persona 4? The World Ends With You? Valkyria Chronicles? Dead Space?

These are just games from 2008. There are still fantastic stories in games out there, you just need to know where to look.

metroid_dragon

I agree with you on about half of those games.  I was actually really disappointed with Persona 3, which is weird because I love everything else from the Shin Megami Tensei games.  Is Persona 4 better?  And of course I agree with you on MGS4; Deadspace is a great game, but for reasons other then story development, but that's okay, it's not that type of game, it's a work of suspense.  And I never played The World Ends With You, I just never liked the graffiti art styled sprites so I never picked it up.  But as for the rest of the games mentioned, the stories, I find, are generic and stilted; especially GTA 4, I've always hated GTA games and felt they had stupid and uninspired plots. 

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"]

ShootTheCore

I agree with you on about half of those games.  I was actually really disappointed with Persona 3, which is weird because I love everything else from the Shin Megami Tensei games.  Is Persona 4 better?  And of course I agree with you on MGS4; Deadspace is a great game, but for reasons other then story development, but that's okay, it's not that type of game, it's a work of suspense.  And I never played The World Ends With You, I just never liked the graffiti art styled sprites so I never picked it up.  But as for the rest of the games mentioned, the stories, I find, are generic and stilted; especially GTA 4, I've always hated GTA games and felt they had stupid and uninspired plots. 

Honestly I'm also not a big fan the GTA series. I enjoyed GTA III, and have never been able to enjoy any other to quite the same extent.

I haven't played Persona IV yet, but I found Persona 3 was quite fun. Generally Persona 4 has been getting better reviews than3 around the board.

brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 brick_player
hmm you got a good point i do kinda like stuipder games but hey the god of wars games kicked ass so dont down them
ShootTheCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShootTheCore
Sorry brick_player, I don't mean to dis on your favorite game series but I've always hated the 'God of War' games for various reasons. Just the overall controls and fight system feel like a dumbed down 'Devil May Cry' or 'Ninja Gaiden', it's like I'd much rather just play those games; and the few dungeon puzzles in those games are so simple that it's like, why'd they even bother to put them in there. I also, oddly enough, really hated the voice acting; they mis-casted horribly when they got the guy who does Kratos voice; he just doesn't sound like you'd expect some legendary ancient Greek warrior to sound like. But to each his own, I'm fanatically devoted to many game series' that alot of people don't like too, like 'Legacy of Kain', so I can appreciate the difference in opinion.
brick_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 brick_player
ah idc bout it that much but thats why i love those games it was really easy i mean i honestly think that was the first game cause it was simpled down for special people (like me yes ill admit it) but i mostly love it cause of the whole anceint greek setting and stuff but the vocies do need to sound more manly and horrifying but hey oh well and i take no offence lol