GameSpot FLOPS Twilight Princess Hard! (nuck's first rant!)

• 131 results
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

Let me get this strait ... GameSpot is the only website that doesn't thing this is the best game ever? Gears of War, a generic FPS gets a 9.6 and the greatest Zelda game ever gets an 8.8 WTF?

Sorry guys, I'm pretty upset gotta say....

Am I supposed to believe that
Tekken: Dark Resurrection - 9.2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 9.2
Yoshi's Island DS - 9.1
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 - 9.1
Daxter - 9.1
Final Fantasy XII - 9.0
GTR 2 - 9.0
Okami
Company of Heroes - 9.0
New Super Mario Bros. - 9.0
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - 9.0
MLB '06: The Show - 9.0
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - 9.0

Are all better than Twilight Princess? Those were all reviewed this year. When all of the websites are giving this game amazing reviews saying it's the best Zelda game ever created and GameSpot gives it a 8.8 I have to wonder.

I'd rather play Zelda than ANY of those games. Heck, I'd rather play TP than ALL of those games combined!

"But once you get over the rush of excitement from a big, new Zelda game having finally arrived, it's hard not to feel a tinge of disappointment--there's a very noticeable lack of evolution here, which makes aspects of the game seem more dated than classic."

"Objectively speaking, it's still a little disappointing that the series hasn't evolved much at all with this latest installment. You'll almost certainly enjoy the game for its terrific puzzles, colorful characters, and compelling story, but at some point the feeling of nostalgia crosses the line and holds this game back from being as unbelievably good as some of its predecessors. So as impressive of a game as it is, Twilight Princess seems like it could have been so much more with a few presentational updates and more effective and interesting uses of the Wii's unique control scheme"

I'm sure MLB06 the show groundbreakingly changed baseball, I'm sure FFXII was an RPG like one we've never seen before. I'm sure all of the FPS actually involved 3D retina imaging that allowed you to control 30,000 players at once completely revolutionizing everything and I'm sure Zelda is the only game that completley copied it's past.

If they expect Zelda to completely change each time, then it wouldn't be Zelda anymore.

TP is the best Zelda game ever. It's then the best game ever.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
It's Jeff, he writes 4 page reviews on why Tony Hawk games rule so hard, and a 2 page review on Twilight Princess. It's bloody shameful.

He doesn't deserve to work for gamespot, have you looked at Gamerankings?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928519.asp

EVERY other review is in the area of oh... 100%!
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nuck44
Yes. I HAVE looked on Gamerankings. I've been following this and this is pretty much the ONLY review that sucked! Even freaking sites no one heard of got it right.
Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kefkamania05
Member since 2005 • 7537 Posts
Wow... just wow. Only review to have given it less than 9 so far as well.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
I completly agree. Seriously, how do they justify this? He put the graphics under both the "Good" and the "Bad" sections. He's just throwing random-ass stuff into his review to try and make it slighly coherant. I'm probably gonna get suspended for all my anti-Jeff ranting but it's well worth it. Spread the word!
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nuck44
I'm posting a front page article on it. Going to try to stay professional. Feel free to comment once it hits.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Jeff is just baised about the Wii, insanely baised. I'd rather not get banned/suspended so I'll keep my cool for now :x
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
There are so many things I would like to say to Jeff right now, but I dont wanna be banned.  I will wait for Matt to bring out a perfect for us and then boast to everyone in system wars.
Zelda is Zelda, and as you said it wouldnt be Zelda if it werent....well..... Zelda.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kira-Shinobi
Member since 2006 • 3145 Posts
We're going to have a huge war on GS about this, I can just see it. :lol: But this is a load of crap. First thing is hios gripes with the game are pretty unreflective to the scores. He includes the graphics in The Bad aspect yet gives it a 9. Also the Value should be higher. Now that's just the numbering part. What's with the two page review. It's the most anticipated LoZ game ever and yet only two pages are needed to write a review on it. Something is terribly wrong. GS is starting to dig itself a hole. FFXII was "awarded" a 9 when clearly at least to me it deserves more. I demand Jeff's review be replaced by anyone else who can write a better revioew with more realistic scores. GS and their scoring system is another issue and though it taylors to most games it doesn't do it all well and can't be held in regards as a fair way of reviewing. Which is another reason why I think LoZ: TP got a below 9 score. All the games nuck listed, only half in my opinion deserve their high scores even if I haven't played them all.
govindh3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 govindh3
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts
Dude seriously, this is the same guy who gave Tony Hawk's Proskater 3 a perfect 10! WTF!?!?
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nuck44
From the Gameinformer review (10/10) "ENTERTAINMENT: It never falters and never gets old" "REPLAY: Moderately High" "There really is no better introduction to a new console, or a better game for that matter, than Twilight Princess. This is the game of the year. -ANDREW REINER ANDY MCNAMARA 10 Without a doubt, Twilight Princess is a masterpiece. While I could knock it for its lack of voice-overs, sometimes stilted animation, or poor texture mapping, the game is stunning in so many other ways that all its technical shortcomings are irrelevant. Originally, I had planned on waiting for the GameCube version to play this game with a standard controller, but the Wii controller works marvelously with Zelda. It delivers the swordplay in a fun way, and makes some of the puzzles and interactions more interesting. A big part of this perfect score however, has to go to the ingenious dungeon design. Not only are they good, there are a lot of them and some surprising new tools make the exploration all the more charming. It’s most certainly classic Zelda, but you can feel an influence from Miyazaki, and it gives the game a whimsical touch that I found to be unbelievably addicting. It’s genius."
Avatar image for leadstodarkness
leadstodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leadstodarkness
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

Its pretty amazing...

I really think the game should be re reviewed..

I also think that a site as big and important as gamespot should review a game whith a board a group of reviewers because one person is too easily influenced by bias not saying any names *cough* *cough* Jeff.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 REVOLUTIONfreak
We're going to have a huge war on GS about this, I can just see it. :lol: But this is a load of crap. First thing is hios gripes with the game are pretty unreflective to the scores. He includes the graphics in The Bad aspect yet gives it a 9. Also the Value should be higher. Now that's just the numbering part. What's with the two page review. It's the most anticipated LoZ game ever and yet only two pages are needed to write a review on it. Something is terribly wrong. GS is starting to dig itself a hole. FFXII was "awarded" a 9 when clearly at least to me it deserves more. I demand Jeff's review be replaced by anyone else who can write a better revioew with more realistic scores. GS and their scoring system is another issue and though it taylors to most games it doesn't do it all well and can't be held in regards as a fair way of reviewing. Which is another reason why I think LoZ: TP got a below 9 score. All the games nuck listed, only half in my opinion deserve their high scores even if I haven't played them all.Kira-Shinobi
Not to mention there isnt even a video review
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
I COMPLETELY lost faith in GS. WTF! How could they! EVEYWHERE will make this game GOTY and AAAA or high AAA! WHAT IS GS major malfunction!
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 REVOLUTIONfreak

From the Gameinformer review (10/10) "ENTERTAINMENT: It never falters and never gets old" "REPLAY: Moderately High" "There really is no better introduction to a new console, or a better game for that matter, than Twilight Princess. This is the game of the year. -ANDREW REINER ANDY MCNAMARA 10 Without a doubt, Twilight Princess is a masterpiece. While I could knock it for its lack of voice-overs, sometimes stilted animation, or poor texture mapping, the game is stunning in so many other ways that all its technical shortcomings are irrelevant. Originally, I had planned on waiting for the GameCube version to play this game with a standard controller, but the Wii controller works marvelously with Zelda. It delivers the swordplay in a fun way, and makes some of the puzzles and interactions more interesting. A big part of this perfect score however, has to go to the ingenious dungeon design. Not only are they good, there are a lot of them and some surprising new tools make the exploration all the more charming. It’s most certainly classic Zelda, but you can feel an influence from Miyazaki, and it gives the game a whimsical touch that I found to be unbelievably addicting. It’s genius."nuck44
Wow, reviews just get better and better aside from Gamespot's.  At least if it doesn't get GOTY here it will somewhere else

By the way, sorry for the double post.

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts

The moment I saw that review I knew this site would be in an uproar,(and not just on the system wars, although thats agiven and its always good for a laugh). But this union seems realtively calm.

Anyways don't go nuts becvause of one person's opinion, I think this game will kick ass and I'll still buy it.

Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kefkamania05
*waits for the IGN review*
Avatar image for leadstodarkness
leadstodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 leadstodarkness
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts

completely agree. .jeff seemed to not know what he was talking about

Lets remember he was the one that gave majoras mask an 8.3 while other sites gave it a 9+ average ... .. . .  

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nuck44
So I'm confused guys.... Gamespot says "Given that the Wii is running discs on a greater storage capacity than Nintendo games have had in the past, and advances in standards for video game music, it's disappointing that the series hasn't finally moved to full digital recordings. After all, these songs are worthy of an orchestra." But I was sure some of the songs were orchestrated and according to the Wiire: "The music presented in the game's first few hours is already worthy of The Wiire's audio award. While only a song or two was actually orchestrated and/or used a live choir, the soundtrack was entirely fitting for each area or scenario, particularly adding to the drama of the first few cutscenes, which are presented with a level of cinematic quality not only above and beyond any Zelda game to date, but arguably rivaling the emotional impact one might find in a series like Metal Gear Solid." and GamingEvolution "At long last, Twilight Princess will be the first Zelda game to feature fully orchestrated music. While some tunes will remain MIDI, orchestral music will be used for the games “special” moments." I also remember reading this on major sites like IGN and probably Gamespot. I love how the reviewer knows less about a game than the fans of the game at times...
Link2025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Link2025
Member since 2003 • 1573 Posts
I can't even say how dissapointed I am in Gamespot right now. I'm going to create a massive blog post later on the current state of Gamespot and the overall response to the Zelda TP review.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
Wow...you go nuck! Nice rant...
Kefkamania05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kefkamania05

IGN gives it 9.5!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nuck44
Video review is up. I'm going to hold off because I'm afraid of spoilers.
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
Wow.

nestea_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nestea_king
Member since 2004 • 5652 Posts
There are so many things I would like to say to Jeff right now, but I dont wanna be banned. I will wait for Matt to bring out a perfect for us and then boast to everyone in system wars.
Zelda is Zelda, and as you said it wouldnt be Zelda if it werent....well..... Zelda.REVOLUTIONfreak
Same, I don't want to get banned either. I have responsibilities to maintain here at GS, so I can't say anything to jeopardize it. But, I'll let you use your imagination, and all I'll say is, I want to say alot of things to Jeff. By the way I agree with the TC, I would rather play TP than all of those games. Hell I'd pay triple the amount for TP than all of those games combined! This is why I never trusted GS reviews, can't rate games for crap. One game comes to mind when I say this. Tony Hawk 4, got a 9.5. Now I begin to ask my self "W....T.....F.....". Every other site has given it above 9, IGN gives it a 9.5 by the way. I think thats more realistic. I knew Zelda wouldnt get 10, I thought it would get like a 9.2 here at GS, but I guess I was wrong. I also said that it would be because of the graphics of the game. Most Gamespot editors are graphics whores, thats why GoW got a 9.6! Now, I'm not bashing GoW, its a fantastic game. Very pretty, and some better A.I. than you would see in most shooters, but it didnt present anything new, and look at its score. Thats only because of its graphics, its nothing special. It IS a cool game though. But I don't care if GS gave TP a 2.2 (actually I would, just an 8.8 is a disgrace to the name of Zelda. Actually Ithink its the only Zelda besides Four Swords to get below a 9 here on GS) I would still have bought it no matter the price. I would pay OVER the price of the PS3 to get this game because I think it is worth it. Greg K should have reviewed this game, hes like one of the few editors who isnt a grahic whore.

Bottom line, go to IGN, or read Greg K reviews for reasonable scores on games.....wow I'm so angry! I'm producing an insane amount of heat right now, it's like I'm going to burn down this house because I'm so angry!
nestea_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nestea_king
Wow.

Legend_O_Dragon
ROFFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts

What really makes my blood boil, is that he criticizes TP for not being the huge step in gaming OoT was. In that case, all games except OoT suck! Is that what you're saying Jeff?

nestea_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nestea_king
"I'm sure MLB06 the show groundbreakingly changed baseball, I'm sure FFXII was an RPG like one we've never seen before. I'm sure all of the FPS actually involved 3D retina imaging that allowed you to control 30,000 players at once completely revolutionizing everything and I'm sure Zelda is the only game that completley copied it's past.

If they expect Zelda to completely change each time, then it wouldn't be Zelda anymore.

TP is the best Zelda game ever. It's then the best game ever." Well freaking said by the way, well freaking said...
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OhhSnap50893

IGN gives it 9.5!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

Kefkamania05
IGN 4tw, GS needs to have a serious talk with Jeff Flopsalot :roll:
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nuck44
[QUOTE="nestea_king"]"I'm sure MLB06 the show groundbreakingly changed baseball, I'm sure FFXII was an RPG like one we've never seen before. I'm sure all of the FPS actually involved 3D retina imaging that allowed you to control 30,000 players at once completely revolutionizing everything and I'm sure Zelda is the only game that completley copied it's past.

TP is the best Zelda game ever. It's then the best game ever." Well freaking said by the way, well freaking said...

Thanks .... I made an image to show our sadness :P
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nuck44
explain this :)
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OhhSnap50893
explain this :)
nuck44
:lol: I love it, that proves how biased Jeff is toward LoZ.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Happy_Cloud
Love the picture nuck! :lol:

Is there anything we - as the LOZU - can do about this review?

Or is it not my place - as a lowly recruit - to say such things?
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

...........................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................?

...........I don't think anyone expected for Jeff to score Twilight Princess as such..........

ea12287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ea12287
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts
nice ranting nuck!!! when i saw 8.8 that was a huge surprise. it bothered me because jeff did seem nit-picky about what he did not like about it, but thats his view of it and he is entitled to it. i still can't wait to play it no matter what anyone says and i am 100% sure it will be awsome!!!!!
crabcake1332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crabcake1332
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
I hear the sound of thousands of angry sheep stampeding toward the GameSpot HQ as we speak.
linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

I AM SEETHING, I AM SO ANGRY, I HAVE TO SAY NO MORE,   ILL GET KICKED OFF.LS :evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted:::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil:::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

VOICE YOUR DISTAIN IN JEFF'S DIRECTION, IN WHATEVER WAY YOU CAN:evil:

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Happy_Cloud

I AM SEETHING, I AM SO ANGRY, I HAVE TO SAY NO MORE, ILL GET KICKED OFF.LS :evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted:::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil:::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

VOICE YOUR DISTAIN IN JEFF'S DIRECTION, IN WHATEVER WAY YOU CAN:evil:

linkyshinks

Careful, we're all mad, but you don't want to get banned. Don't worry, enough people are bashing Jeff as it is.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kira-Shinobi
I just read the 1UP review and I can honestly say they topped Jeff's "review" if you wish to call if that for Twilight Princess. This is just terrible. I wonder what will be the case for the GC version, I bet it gets a higher score. Probably a 9 for gameplay rather than 9 and perhaps a 10 for the graphics, it all depends. Sound will stay a 7, value and tilt will also stay. And overall that's what you'll probably see if Jeff does the review for the GC version as well.
Kira-Shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kira-Shinobi
Well considering that this is a huge mess, anyone want to start a big war? :lol:
Jonz_dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jonz_dk
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'm going to post what i wrote in the GGD.

Oh god, I go out tonight and all hell breaks loose. Hey look Jeff scored Twilight Princess higher than Majora's Mask, sounds good to me . It's Jeff we saw this coming a mile away. Leave the guy alone, he is entitled to his opinion as much as we are. It just so happens his opinion reflects one site, ONE site, please remember that. Jeff gave his honest opinion of the game when he knew he was going to get killed for it, good for him. He seems to be of the bunch that want the formula to change, there are others like him, this review is for them.

Reading the review its clear that his biggest complaint is that its still Zelda, how horrible... He does say its one of the best Zelda games ever and a return to form, so to most of us that means its going to be incredible. And that is in line with what all the other reviews say.

dvader654

I somehow agree with a lot of the points you make. My first reaction was disappointment. Gamespot is my favorite gaming site, and i really hoped that they wouldn't be the ones writing af review that 'stands out' compared to the rest.
I read the review over at IGN and noticed that a lot of their issues are generally the same (MIDI-music, No voices, Gamecube Graphics) but chose not to let it distract from the fact they feel it's one of the best designed games ever.

Watching and reading Jeff's review i somehow got the feel that it's not as informed as the IGN one. That he hasn't spent as much time with the game somehow.. but that might just be my fanboy disappointment talking.

Though in the end i feel like IGN and also Jeff does. I want the leap in graphics and i want the leap in presentation. That means fully orchestral music and characters (besides Link) that speak with voices.

Other than that... I'm sooo looking forward to December 8th (Danish release).

Regards,

Jonas

Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
 i was very dissapointed with that review as well. Probably the main reason why they did this was because they were expecting too much of it. Just a word to the wise, if you really want to enjoy the game, dont expect too much of it . If you do that, you will get more fun out of playing it in the beginning, rather than getting into it later in the game.
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 REVOLUTIONfreak
[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]There are so many things I would like to say to Jeff right now, but I dont wanna be banned. I will wait for Matt to bring out a perfect for us and then boast to everyone in system wars.
Zelda is Zelda, and as you said it wouldnt be Zelda if it werent....well..... Zelda.nestea_king
Same, I don't want to get banned either. I have responsibilities to maintain here at GS, so I can't say anything to jeopardize it. But, I'll let you use your imagination, and all I'll say is, I want to say alot of things to Jeff. By the way I agree with the TC, I would rather play TP than all of those games. Hell I'd pay triple the amount for TP than all of those games combined! This is why I never trusted GS reviews, can't rate games for crap. One game comes to mind when I say this. Tony Hawk 4, got a 9.5. Now I begin to ask my self "W....T.....F.....". Every other site has given it above 9, IGN gives it a 9.5 by the way. I think thats more realistic. I knew Zelda wouldnt get 10, I thought it would get like a 9.2 here at GS, but I guess I was wrong. I also said that it would be because of the graphics of the game. Most Gamespot editors are graphics whores, thats why GoW got a 9.6! Now, I'm not bashing GoW, its a fantastic game. Very pretty, and some better A.I. than you would see in most shooters, but it didnt present anything new, and look at its score. Thats only because of its graphics, its nothing special. It IS a cool game though. But I don't care if GS gave TP a 2.2 (actually I would, just an 8.8 is a disgrace to the name of Zelda. Actually Ithink its the only Zelda besides Four Swords to get below a 9 here on GS) I would still have bought it no matter the price. I would pay OVER the price of the PS3 to get this game because I think it is worth it. Greg K should have reviewed this game, hes like one of the few editors who isnt a grahic whore.

Bottom line, go to IGN, or read Greg K reviews for reasonable scores on games.....wow I'm so angry! I'm producing an insane amount of heat right now, it's like I'm going to burn down this house because I'm so angry!

Actually MM scored an 8.2 or so, and Greg Kasavin just gave out a horrible review for Red Steel (I can understand where he's coming from, but it deserved at least a 6).  Pretty much what you said summed up my anger, it isnt that I will think less of the game, but giving it anything below a 9 is like saying that the game is a disgrace to the Zelda name and it clearly isnt.  IGN rated the game a 9.5, and 1UP and Gameinformer gave it a 10.
coo_ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 coo_ul
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts
I agree with some of the reviews but not all. A game with 10/10 or 5/5 is impossible. That would mean the game is PERFECT. not one little mistake in the whole game. And on the other hand, I think that 8.8/10 is pretty harsh. Maybe some people like the way that it is similar to OoT and maybe, some never played OoT so everything would be new to them. I say, wait until Wii comes out, then let's say what the majority of gamers think.
Avatar image for zeldafreak4life
zeldafreak4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 zeldafreak4life
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
Hey its not really about glithces as flaws. Its about the ranking catagories such as gameplay, graphics, tilt, value,and sound. Back in its time and for its system, Zelda ocarina of time was really the best in its catagories soooo it is posible that twilight princess could have gotten a 10/10 but a better ranking system would have been out of 100 so u could see a more acurate score......
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OhhSnap50893
So it looks like Gamespot's staff (considering the recent Red Steel review :|) just either sucks at using the Wiimote, or prefer smashing buttons all day.
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nuck44
I dreamed last night that they re-reveiwed it at a 9.2 :P .. guess that didn't happen eh?
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 REVOLUTIONfreak
Hey its not really about glithces as flaws. Its about the ranking catagories such as gameplay, graphics, tilt, value,and sound. Back in its time and for its system, Zelda ocarina of time was really the best in its catagories soooo it is posible that twilight princess could have gotten a 10/10 but a better ranking system would have been out of 100 so u could see a more acurate score......zeldafreak4life
The ranking system now is pretty much the same thing.... adding decimals to the number is really no different than saying 88/100
I dreamed last night that they re-reveiwed it at a 9.2 :P .. guess that didn't happen eh?nuck44
sorry to say, but no
nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nuck44
I can't believe Red Steel got a 5.5/10 on here .. excite truck 6.8 ... zelda 8.8. .. It's like they're afraid of scoring Wii games high.