~*~ Want an Image? Ask here! *read the 1rst post, before posting!* ~*~

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeyviolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jeyviolin
Member since 2005 • 28510 Posts

=1rst Post=

Welcome to the "Want an Image" thread

Need a new picture? Then you are here in the right place! Please read our guidelines carefully before you do your requests. We have 1 main designer in this union:
Captain Yoruichi (Eucalypta)

-------------------------------------

You can find some tutorials in the thread calledDesign Tutorials.

To get your image, go to ~*~ The Designer's Den *THE GALLERY* ~*~

• 2nd post:Pic explaination & putting in pics
  • 3rd post:How do I upload a pic in my GS profile
  • 4th post:How to state my request clearly

You can ask here for:

Banners - Avatars - Blog headers - Sigs

==============================

Guidelines
*please read before posting*

I want to point out guideline 3 to 6. Read them carefully!

1. We will only take 5 requests each time. Which means anyone posting after these 5 requests will be ignored or deleted! To make sure no one post after these 5 requests, the topic will be locked untill all the requests are done. After that I will reopen it for new requests.... (and so on)

The reason why this rule exist is that this thread could be overloaded with request. We don't want our designers stressed out by the amount of request coming in at once.

2. Each designer will pick out which requests we do by quoting your request.

3. When your image is ready, make sure you back-up and host the image yourself. This, incase something happens to our account.

4. If you want an image, we assume you trust us with our designing creativity. State clearly what you want because we designers are NOT MIND READERS!!

If you have a picture you really want in your image, post it in the same post of your request (you have the ability to "edit" your own post in right bottom corner, USE IT)! Same thing goes with color themes and characters you would like in your image. Also tell us if you want an animated image or not. If you don't, we assume it will be NONE animated.

NOTE - If you want a GIF, be prepared of some color loss and a pixelly out come. Here's something found on Wikipedia, it doesn't explain everything but it's better then nothing.

5. There is NO TIME LIMIT on how long it takes before your request is done. Unless the designer tells you something about when its done. It can take a day, a week even a month if both designers are busy. We are doing this in our spare time we have left! "Patience is a virtue"

6. We do not take requests from people that do not bother to get acquainted with us first. Show yourself that you are going to be an active member in this union then we may consider taking on your request.

7. We have a seperate thread for tags/userbars and it's called: "Tag/userbar market, Tags for sale!!". You can go there for your tag requests.

8. We don't take requests for other unions. You'll have to PM one of the designers or go to a design union. There are plenty on GS.

9. If there is some reason that you do not like how it's done here, then I suggest you go to a Design union. There are plenty on GS.

10. If you have any questions about these guidelines you can contact one of the designers.

We thank you for reading!

Yoruichi

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Eucalypta
Member since 2004 • 17145 Posts

=2nd post=

Welcome newbies!!

Here you will find how to put in your images in to your profile but before I start. I suggest you create an account on an Image hosting website so you don't have to rely on our accounts. This way you can avoid the "Bandwidth Exeeded" message (your own image won't show up when this happens). Here are a few wesites where you can create a free account:

• Photobucket.com
  • Deviantart.com
  • Imageshack.us
  • Tinypic.com
  • (Gamespot.com, on your own profile you have a tab on the left that says "Images". You can upload there aswell)

Your Profile

On your profile you have serverall images you can upload. I'll use my profile as an example

As you can see, I pointed out a few and numbered these

1. Avatar/avi = This is also the one that shows up in your forum posts aswell in number 4 (upper right corner)
  2. Banner = the big one above your profile (I don't think I need to explain that....)
  3. Header = or Blog Header, the one just below you banner
  4. Login/information corner = this is where you can find your Preferences (prefs) and your inbox, etc.

You can also add another avatar in the About me section

about me

How do I upload these images?

Firsrt you need to copy the link from where you have uploaded your image. Then go to your prefs and click on the "Image" tab.

Images

• Profile Image url = Paste here the avatar for th About me section, in the text box
  • Banner Image url = Paste here the link of your banner
  • User Icon = Paste here the link of your avatar you wanna use on the forum posts and main profile.

Don't for get to press "Apply Changes" below when your done.

If you want to upload you Header go to your prefs and click on "Blog"

header

Paste the link of your header into the "Header Image URL" text box (highlighted green), again hit the "Apply Changes" below.

In both cases I did not use the "Browse" button. That because when I use that I am restricted to the file size Max mentioned in your prefs. The way I explained it here is to avoid these problems.

=Advanced users=

As you can see I don't have a link in my Blog Header prefs in the green box I mentioned before. That's because I wanted more then 1 picture in my blog and decided to use HTML code and put it all in the "Description" text box. I know it looks a lot like jibberish but once you understand the HTML code, then you can easily put in every picture you want. I'll try and explain what I did.

HTML

I have numbered them soo here goes:

1. Put it like this if you only want to add more pictures and add in your link to your picture
  2. Set it up like this if you want your picture linked to another website. The oranje part is where you put in the website from where to your wanted it linked. The yellow part is where you put in the link of your picture. The blue part is still something I haven't figured out yet. But it does no harm.
  3. If you want all your pictures/text centered. Put the dark green part infront of everything you want centered and the light green part behind everything you want centered.

I suggest when you decide to edit this in your desciption, you type it out first on Notepad (or something similar). Because the Description text box is rather small and a typo happens very fast...

Do not forget to press the "Apply Changes"!! This is how my profile looks like (clicky):

profile header

Note. Sometimes Gamespot won't let you edit your description. I order to change it, go to Movietome.com and login there (the wesite looks similar to the GS site). Gamespot and Movietome are working to getter on these sites, which means everything you change in Movietome will also be altered on GS!(except for you profile images) Go to your prefs on Movietome and click on "Blog Preferences". Now paste your HTML code in the Description text box and press "Save Changes". This may take a while before it also changed in GS, it takes a day for me so be patient.

==================

What's a Sig(signature)/Tag(userbars)?

A Sig/Tag is there to give your forum post a personal touch. Tags are usually used to promote a union, but it can serve with differetn purposes just the way you like. This is how my posts look like:

My post

How do I put in a Sig/Tag?

Go to your prefs and click on "Forums"

Forums

Scroll down to the "My Signature" text box. As you can see, you'll see a similar text box like when posting on the Forums.... *hint hint* It works the same! Only difference is you are limited to an certain amount of space you can use. If you try to a pictue to large, it will fall of your post! To add your sig hit the little "tree" button (pointed out in red).

add image

Paste your link of the picture into the "Image URL" text box and give it a name in the "Image Description" text box. Leave the last text box (Title) open, I always get errors when I add something there.

Do the same when you add tags and hit the "Apply Changes" button below.

=Advanced users=

You can also add a link to your sig/tag. It works the same when you link a piece of text, only this time you dont select a text but your picture and hit the "insert/add link" button (the one that looks like a chain, highlighted in blue). Paste the link of the website you wanna add into the "Link URL" text box. In the "Target" box you can pick either you want the website open in the same window or open it in a new window. I always prefer a new window. Bu that up to you to try out.

link

==================

Thank you for reading!

If you still encounter any problems with uploading pictures to your profile feel free to ask around

====================

=Go to 1rst post=

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Eucalypta

=3rd post=

How to upload images on your GS profile

When your request is done, save the image to your own PC. After that, upload it on an Image hosting website. If you think you can't upload images, you're wrong. In your own Gamespot profile you have the ability to upload pictures yourself. So I don't want to hear any "I dunno how to upload pictures" or anything similar like that. If you know how to create a GS account, you also know how to upload a picture.

Go to your own profile, I will use mine as example:

In your profile, on the left, you some options. One of them is "Images", click on "Images" (marked in red, pic above).

upload1

When you've done that, on the same spot below the "Images" other options appear. Click on the "Upload Images" button (pic above, marked in red).

fill in

Now fill in the blanks, it doesn't matter what as long it got something in it. The 1rst one you need to hit the "Browse" button and go to where you have saved your pic before on your PC (or whatever platform you use). The "Album" thing, choose "No Album" if you really want it in a album, just hit create album give it a name, and select now the name of your album. Click on "Upload!" button below.

When you done, GS gives you a page telling you have finished with uploading and you have to wait a while before the image is visible in GS. BE PATIENT!

When your picture is visible in "Images". Click on the picture.

view

When you're there, click on "View original". This pop up a new window with the picture. With your mouse, right click on the picture and choose "Properties". In your "Properties", the webaddress behind "Location" (or "Address URL" in Windows Explorer) is the one you need to copy to your prefs.

Thats it.

If you ever read this, thank you.
If you ever encounter someone that doesn't know how to upload pics, refer them to this post.

====================

=Go to 1rst post=

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eucalypta

=4rth post=

Allright I declare this thread opened!

Here's an example on how you can make your request clearly to us:

Image: sig

Character: Leon S Kennedy *Resident Evil, Wii edition*

Color theme: black, white (optional)

Animated: No (or leave it out)

(adding pictures are optional, only do that when you have a pic you really want us to use. If you decide to add a pictrure, make sure these are large enough for us to use. The picture you see below, is a little too small but it can be used. Always try and find a large pic for us to use!!)

pic

Thank you!! :D

====================

=Go to 1rst post=

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts

Great work Euca! everything looks so organized!

Well I only have my old blog header request, the Hanataro one with "welcome to my blog" and "Kat" somewhere in it. ^^

Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Jing16
Member since 2006 • 14363 Posts
Well...you already have my request Jey lol. Good luck.
Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eucalypta

@Kats

Yup, I'm still on it!! :o

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Katsuri-
Yay! that's our Euca :lol:
Avatar image for SasukeXXChidori
SasukeXXChidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 SasukeXXChidori
Member since 2007 • 15032 Posts
the totorial looks great Bunz. Good Job.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts

it amazing :o oh yeah

here my new one

Blog version

I want those two pic together with such warm colour kinda match their background with light brush

and I want have my name as "Nightmare-_-'s Blog"

Banner,

this one might be werid... but hopeful someone can pull off with amazing work

this just a idea what it look like.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/323/07/

the one he draw circle with his blood.

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000323/14.jpg

the one he lick blood

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000324/04.jpg

the one he stab himself in the leg

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000325/12-13.jpg

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000324/16.jpg

or this. just try look few pages and pick which better pic to match for banner

and mixtrue brush black and white that would be awesome.

and I would like to have my name on it "Nightmare-_-"

I would like have Euc take this one :P because I want sig with brush covoed like in my sig. which that Jey normal dont do it so yeah :P but still I want a new avatar I'm not quite sure yet :P

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eucalypta

it amazing :o oh yeah

here my new one

Blog version

I want those two pic together with such warm colour kinda match their background with light brush

and I want have my name as "Nightmare-_-'s Blog"

Banner,

this one might be werid... but hopeful someone can pull off with amazing work

this just a idea what it look like.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/323/07/

the one he draw circle with his blood.

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000323/14.jpg

the one he lick blood

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000324/04.jpg

the one he stab himself in the leg

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000325/12-13.jpg

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000324/16.jpg

or this. just try look few pages and pick which better pic to match for banner

and mixtrue brush black and white that would be awesome.

and I would like to have my name on it "Nightmare-_-"

I would like have Euc take this one :P because I want sig with brush covoed like in my sig. which that Jey normal dont do it so yeah :P but still I want a new avatar I'm not quite sure yet :P

Nightmare-_-

:shock: Dear lord, you are one hell of a demanding Old man!!:lol::P soo you wanna Yoruichi Blog header, a banner and a sig? I'll start with the blogheader and the banner...

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nightmare-_-

:lol:! i'm not sure about sig.. it would too much if i ask about sig since nobody would able make it :? :lol: just finish banner and blog header :P but i want my banner from manga pic that i sent about hinden.

*edit*

not sig, i dont want sig :P just blog one :lol: i didnt mean put sig there. just give you idea what kind banner i want.

SasukeXXChidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SasukeXXChidori
Hidan is really kool.
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Katsuri-
That's one long request Nightmare :lol: I like hidan too hes cool.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nightmare-_-
now that made me more nightmare :twisted: mwahah
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Katsuri-
You're one helluva nightmare. :o
jeyviolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeyviolin

Jing here is your sig. Dm I sent you an pm about yours.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q123/jeyviolin/Jing-sig-2.gif

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Katsuri-
Great job, Jev. I really like it.
watchingninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 watchingninja
Member since 2007 • 10304 Posts

Can I have a tag that has The Gotei 13 on the left side and Love Aigawa on the right side.

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eucalypta

@watching

yes you can, go get it in the Tag/userbas market thread

Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jing16
Member since 2006 • 14363 Posts

Thats awesome Jey...thank you.

It panels through them a bit too fast...

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nightmare-_-
Hello Euc how thing going? is it too hard? :? I hope not :P
watchingninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 watchingninja
Member since 2007 • 10304 Posts

@watching

yes you can, go get it in the Tag/userbas market thread

Eucalypta

Sorry about this, but could you also put my Lt. position on there as well please.

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Could one of you make me a blog header with this pic on the left and this one on the right kind of in the background. And the the background colors could be the same as the first pics. And could you put the words Lotus-Edge's Blog somewhere on there in dark red.

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Katsuri-
Poor Euca...having so many requests :lol:
naruto_444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 naruto_444
Member since 2007 • 4864 Posts
Poor Euca...having so many requests :lol:-Katsuri-
yeah
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Katsuri-
and I bet old yama's request is breaking her back :P
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nightmare-_-

and I bet old yama's request is breaking her back :P-Katsuri-

I hope it wont give her hard time :?

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Katsuri-
Me too, guess mine will take a while.
naruto_444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 naruto_444

[QUOTE="-Katsuri-"]and I bet old yama's request is breaking her back :PNightmare-_-

I hope it wont give her hard time :?

me too.
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lotus-Edge
As long as we're patient we'll be fine; besides I don't care how long it takes her.
Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eucalypta

Just relax people :P, tomorrow will be a great day...

Could one of you make me a blog header with this pic on the left and this one on the right kind of in the background. And the the background colors could be the same as the first pics. And could you put the words Lotus-Edge's Blog somewhere on there in dark red.

Lotus-Edge

Since I'm busy taking requests I might aswell take this one too... Will be done as soon as I can

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lotus-Edge

Just relax people :P, tomorrow will be a great day...

[QUOTE="Lotus-Edge"]

Eucalypta

Since I'm busy taking requests I might aswell take this one too... Will be done as soon as I can

Take your time Yoruichi; I'm in no rush.

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Katsuri-
Like flower boy said :P take your time Euca.
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Katsuri-

I just saw my header....O.O wow, thanks Euca! it looks great!

I know this is selfish but, after you really have nothing else to do, can you make me a banner and sig to go with it? it's ok if you say no, I'll understand.

Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eucalypta

@Old man

Your requests are done! :o Go see in the Gallery, if there are still things you don't like. Tell me here :)

I just saw my header....O.O wow, thanks Euca! it looks great!

I know this is selfish but, after you really have nothing else to do, can you make me a banner and sig to go with it? it's ok if you say no, I'll understand.

-Katsuri-

I'm glad you like it :D, but your request will have to wait tll the other requests are done! :o

jeyviolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jeyviolin
Ok I can fix that jing. I can take request again. Sorry I haven't been here to take them yoruichi.
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Katsuri-

I'm glad you like it :D, but your request will have to wait tll the other requests are done! :o

Eucalypta
Of course of course! take your time Euca :P
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nightmare-_-

Love it! thanks :D oh yeah I want a new sweet avatar :twisted: of old man!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15880088aWaNAFA3

15:50 to 16:19 when white flash gone from flashback of oldman kill amagi's father :D and hopefully it would be smooth gif :)

Thanks a lot!

naruto_444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 naruto_444
Wow you made alot of sigs,blog headers,avatars really awesome and i think i speak for everyone saying thanks for doing all of this Eucalypta:P
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Katsuri-
We need to throw a big thank you party for our greatest member, Euca!
Eucalypta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eucalypta

@Lotus

It's done, make sure you host the image yourself!

@Kats

*writes on notepad*

... sig & banner...

@Old man

*writes on notepad*

.... avatar.... & union stuff

-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Katsuri-
Wohoo! I'm on the list! *dances*
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nightmare-_-

@Lotus

It's done, make sure you host the image yourself!

@Kats

*writes on notepad*

... sig & banner...

@Old man

*writes on notepad*

.... avatar.... & union stuff

Eucalypta

:lol: do whatever you want with union home page :) but can i pick video to make new union avatar? :D

Darkguard15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darkguard15
Member since 2008 • 5628 Posts

I'm aching for a new medusa avie so here we go!

Soul Eater episode 23: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15863478jN7dTP97
8:33-8:40
[spoiler] When Medusa has the vector arrows surround her hand and uses it to stab Stein till the point where Medusa laughs [/spoiler]
A looped gif

Thank you for anyone willing to do this.

xchaosx97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 xchaosx97
Member since 2008 • 8117 Posts

hmm dunno if euca got my PM so i'll post it here:

D. Gray-Man Kanda Vs Skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_pg8-TvY2Y 0:23-0:31

where they show Kanda and Skin blasting waves at each other

EDIT: i changed the scene for the avi if thats ok

Curtis1560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Curtis1560
Member since 2007 • 37425 Posts
So......my former replacement deleted the previous image request thread???
SasukeXXChidori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SasukeXXChidori
yup he deleted everything that was really important to the Union it was a total of 11 pages and when he was done I believe it was 4 or 5. But any way you gotta a request Koms?
Curtis1560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 Curtis1560
Member since 2007 • 37425 Posts
I could do with a banner for my blog, just need to decide what I want on it