COTM May- Character With the Most Interesting/Mysterious Power

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 seker456
Member since 2008 • 15052 Posts

ok, So i changed COTW to COTM becuase it needs more of a discussion and more time for people to actually participate and vote in it. Voting will occur the last 4 days of the month. i will like NO VOTING UNTIL THEN i repeat NO VOTING or else i will have your comment removed. i want onlyl discussions and ideas for who could possibly hold the title for this. Show valid information on why you picked that charecter for the topic, please no biased info that ruins the fun of everything

So who has the most interesting/Mysterious power? who has a power that stands out to you or has you wondering what their power is?? 

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 optimuserik
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts
Yachiru has me absolutely interested in her powers . She must be strong ... but we don't know about her powers ... that's why discussing this might be hard :P
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 seker456
thats true :lol: i wonder what her powers would be though, she is an lt for a reason. or maybe she really dosnt have any like kenpachi
Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

Actually that's true...Unexplained speed that doesn't seem to be shunpo even with her underground tunnels all over the place...The strength to lift Kenpachi Zaraki with one hand like he was a feather...No explained Zanpakuto abilities...Her reiatsu power which she can form into some demonic looking cat...

*Komamura shivers* Strange creepy kid...You matched her well... *Stares at Ebbon*

*Ebbon* Pfft you know it was an amazing match-up :P

Anyways...There's also Unohana's Zanpakuto Minazuki...I want to know what else it does I mean all we've seen of the Shikai is that it heals and that it's a giant bird-manta-ray thingy....Who knows what else it can do in Shikai AND then the Bankai...WHEW!!!

Plus there was that one silhouette in the little Hell-Arc Special that talked to Szayel Aporro...I REALLY want that figured out and explained. Who is it? What do they do? What is their purpose in the whole of the Bleach story and why did they show them then?

Well then all I've got to say is this: Strangers have the best candy! :P

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 seker456
hahahahah thats true, we should also consider shunsui. i mean we finally saw his shikai and how strong i was against stark, so imagine how strong his bankai is. remember when he was about to use it what ukitake said " You shouldnt use it so others cant see it" somethin like that
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 optimuserik

Knowing Shunsui ... it might be something ....... totally unexpected and something that makes us say : " WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO DO ?? " ... just think about it ... combine his characteristics with his Zanpakutou's ... something weird will come out ... definetly

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seker456
i agree it will definitely be something that will leave our jaws dropped more in a what the hell way
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 daorack
Member since 2005 • 4344 Posts

We have no clue about ukitake's bankai though. Remember, bankai CAN be a stronger version of shikai with a few new abilities, but its also been proven that bankai's can actually be polar opposites of their shikai form, or even be something entirely different. What if ukitake's bankai turns out to be something totally absurd and different? Why has ukitake not used his bankai?

Same with the vaizard. Short of kensei, nobody has shown their bankai ammong them. Why? The former LT's might not have one, sure. But the ones who were captains before most definately have bankai's, so why did they only use shikai? Why the secret?

Either their power is something absurd and different, possibly very dangerous, (like ukitake implied shunsui's was...), or they are hiding it as an ace card. NOnetheless, it warrants consideration for this COTM.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seker456
yeah i was going to bring that up too, we havnt seen plenty of peoples bankai its even hard to get a clue on what it could be by looking at their shikai
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 optimuserik

Perhaps it is something like Ichigo's case ... he uses Bankai instantly , then mask . They might do so as well , but they skip telling that it is Bankai . Seriously , I don't think they WANTED to pe slaughtered by Aizen ... they had enough time to at least go into bankai ( if they didn't already ) before being atacked .

I know it sounds weird ... but it has a tiny logic in it .

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daorack
That depends, it might be that their bankai isnt more powerful, just different. It might be that their shikai is useful in itself, just different uses.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 seker456
both points are true. They might have just went into their bankai like stated without giving notice but i think since their such important charecters that tite woulda mentioned that it was their bankai or somethin
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 daorack

To add a note here, I agree he could be right. when ichigo went bankai when he fought grimmjow the last time, he didnt state it, he didnt even say a word. he did it silently. something not even byakuya has done int he show. (not saying he cant do it, just he hasnt demonstrated the ability to be seen)...if it had been our very first time seeing ichigo fight, we woulda thought that WAS his shikai.

however. again. bankai isnt always more powerful. you get more powerful for LEARNING it, but sometimes shikai and bankai can be the same strength once both are learned, and just be different in a few or many ways....thus giving both forms their tactical situations in which one is superior over the other.

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seker456

yeah but usually when they show their bankai for the first time they say so, or do something to show its their bankai

also yeah i know bankai isnt always stronger 

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 daorack
You know, one big player we'r all skipping over is Orihime. I mean, her powers have been explained by three different, big time players, and each one has had a different explination. Each one had avery reason to get it right, and were definately knowledgable. SO I wonder who was right...or if perhaps all three were wrong....
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 optimuserik

Her powers are really a mystery , but ... not as strong as Aizen said . Based on what Aizen said , she could have just "denied" his existance and the Arancar chapter could have ended faster :P . Also ... she ( if I remember correctly ) wanted to 'deny' the existence of the Hogyoku and make it dissapear so that Aizen can not be able to use it . But she didn't do it .

Also ... based on what Aizen said ... her 'block' shouldn't be broken no matter what happens ... which is not true . Her block fails recently quite a lot .

So ... godly powers are kinda out of the possibilities .

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 seker456
yeah her powers are truly a mystery. i feel like its really something that hasnt been mentioned yet amd that it would blow our mind but it wont be godly
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 daorack

Precisely my point :P Her powers are nothing like they think and its crystal clear that nobody really knows anything about how her powers actually work.

they try hard, but they fail big time.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 optimuserik

Explaining things is relative ... they are a mistery , but perhaps it is better if it stays that way . Getting a full explanation without flaws is almost impossible ...

How could she actually train to become stronger ?? I mean some of her atacks makes the little atacking guy ( totally forgot his name ) kill himself . And sometimes her block breaks ... healing is healing so there is not much to improve XD .

Some weird explanations with concentration and linking you're soul with those tiny spirits ( or however ) might be the solution but it is still just a mystery .

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 daorack

Actually, he doesnt kill himself, he attacks them but if they are strong enough *THEY* kill him lol

tbh I think she's afraid to use him to attack most times due to that fact. lmao.

but remember, they also revealed in the bounto arc (now, this is relative, we dont know if this is cannon...) that her emotions effect her abilities. which essentially implies she's such a pansy because she's a pansy emotionally. if she toughened up a bit she might be able to fight better.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts
I'll take your Yachiru, and raise you an Unohana
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 optimuserik

Well daorack ... I think it kinda adds to my post with concentration and spirit link ... she needs to concentrate her emotions more on fighting and winning ( this is not something like having fun and the winer is whoever participates ... ) .

She definitely needs a push towards having some confidence .

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 seker456
true if her powers have a connection to her emotions if she toughened up a bit she could be powerfull, it might be usefull offensivly
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 daorack
Another set of mysterious powers: Ururu and Jinta.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 seker456
oh thats true, they are really strong for no reason! ( well their is a reason :p)
ksire_68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ksire_68
Member since 2007 • 1211 Posts
I pick Uryu and his Quincy Final Form. I know its unlikely that he will ever use the form again, but still, they never fully explained the capabilties of the form, seeing as we only see Uryu use it one time. It would be pretty interesting to see what that form is really capable of. Being able to take down Mayuri AND his Bankai with one shot? :o Pretty awesome!
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 optimuserik
I would add to this mistery ( AND IT IS A GOOOD IDEA ) also Ichigo's (and his dad's ?? ) Final Getsuga Tenshou ... since it is also an overpowered technique that sucks because of the side effects .
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 seker456
i like both ideas. they are a mystery, how about ichigos dad in general???
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 optimuserik

Ichigo's dad has probably the most mystery around him actually . Kisuke is somewhat mysterious but most of the things were explained together with how Aizen made the Vaizards .

Isshin even knows Aizen ( that's what I've interpreted at their fight ... ) ... he was a captain , he kept everything a secret for a long time ( he still does ) AND he has also Getsuga Tenshou as an atack just like Ichigo ... did I forget something ?

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 daorack
He used the final getsuga tenshou yet now has his powers still; which is why I knew for so sure, so early, that ichigo would get his powers back. It was only a question of WHEN, and if it actually happened during the story's "time" or not. But it was bound to happen eventually.
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 optimuserik

I agree , but if his case would be like his fatrher's he might get his powers back when his (stupid ) kid reaches high school XD

And I would add another mystery ( I don't read the manga , I just keep being told a few things so I might be wrong ) . Ichigo's sister went to Urahara once and Ichigo interpreted that as her being a Shinigami too ... that is a mysterious thing I say . If she is ... then what are her powers .

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seker456

yeah ishhin might not even have all of is powers back too!

and yes she keeps visiting the urahara shop! and remember ginjo said urahara might not be who ichigo thinks he is remember 

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daorack
eeeh she was getting devices that sounded like devices for a person to get by while having barely enough power to "see" them, so I dont think her powers actually developed really.
optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 optimuserik
I can't really debate on this since I don't know but she did manage to kill a few Hollows with her supper kick on the ball . Perhaps she might develop powers related to football ??? Might be WEIRD .
Avatar image for jooja42animefan
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jooja42animefan
Member since 2008 • 8011 Posts

Remember, bankai CAN be a stronger version of shikai with a few new abilities, but its also been proven that bankai's can actually be polar opposites of their shikai form, or even be something entirely different. daorack

This is definitely something to consider when referring to Unohana's Bankai... I mean haven't you noticed subtly that everyone tries not to get her pissed off ??  So if like Dao said about the Bankai potentially being the polar opposite to the Shikai... that could mean her bankai could be a very menacing entity O_o ...  

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 daorack

also remember that excellent combat skills is one of the requirements to join the captain ranks. As a LT you can get by if your skills are useful enough to your squad to convince your capt to appoint you...but as capt you **HAVE** to be an EXCELLENT soldier...you dont nessisarilly have to USE it but you have to *HAVE* it. So obviously. When healing people, unohana is probably capable of seriously wailing on some ass if someone tries to hurt her patients...or herself. she just prefers to use diplomacy when possible...

I suspect she might even have some kind of manipulation skill, whether its a riatsu based ability or just a skill with manipulation, I cannot say. But I find it odd that she was even *ABLE* to reason with those arrancar at hueco mundo like that; he wasnt one to talk and listen. he was one to draw his blade and try to kill you immediately on sight. So why did he listen to her?!

truely mysterious.....

Avatar image for jooja42animefan
jooja42animefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jooja42animefan
Member since 2008 • 8011 Posts

Indeed that was a very curious happening with that Arrancar ...if I do recall he was like the captain of the guards or something like that ... perhaps he didn't feel threatened by Unohana for some reason, where as he did with the others... one can only speculate on that prospect. 

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 optimuserik

I actually have a question about Unohana's powers .

In one episode she was transporting someone in her Bankai or Shikai ??? The patients were in a 'monster' looking thing's mouth and they were actually healed ( not completely , but it was definitely good ) . I remember it like her Bankai but I'm not sure . Anyhow it can be said that it is the opposite of Mayuri's Bankai .

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 seker456

i think i remember tht, it was in one of the older episodes right

Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts

I thought Orihime's powers kinda interesting

I never knew until now that when's she's healing someone, she's actually using the power of time to return the person in a previous state

seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 seker456
yeah i didnt know that either, i wonder if that can be used for something else, what if her power is really the reversal of time
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daorack

Actually, if it was the total reversal of time, it would also effect memories.

I dont think its a reversal of time per-se. I think its a more selective reversal of a physical state of being. notice that their energy is not restored to its previous state. This of course has both good and bad effects. 1. they can still get stronger from the fight, learn from it, and get more powerful, but 2. they also do not regain their strength right away, thus why ichigo was in such poor shape even after she healed him in hueco mundo. it healed his body, not his power.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 optimuserik
I might be wrong , but I think Ichigo didn't let her do the job entirely ... he was ( as always ) in a hurry to kill the enemy . Anyhow there is another thing to add to daorack's statement ... it does reverse physical matter , but his power is more " spiritual " .
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 daorack

ah, I was referring to "physical" in both the "living world" sense and "spiritual" sense. it doesnt refresh their power.

also. he didnt exactly...have a choice. I dunno if you noticed, but there was a point during this wherein he, for the first time ever, actually resisted her attempts to hold him down and heal him. DO you remember what happened? It sparked, and shoved him back. Even ichigo, mostly healed and in full fledged bankai, cant break free from her barriers while she's healing him. Once she triggers it, the patient is not only being healed, but is physically trapped inside that barrier. The stronger her will to do it is, the stronger she does it. In this case, she was desperate for his survival, therefore, even ichigo himself could not break that barrier. yes he was weakened, but he still should have been able to according to whats been shown before...but no. She can actually TRAP her patients in the barrier.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 optimuserik
Hmm ... that's something new . I don't remember people desperatly trying to get out of her barrier . Something about the trap I do remember ... this all makes her even more mysterious ... come to think of it ... when she healed Yami or Grimmjow did she get they're whole body in the barrier ... or just a part of it ( which would make things kinda contradictory )
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daorack

actually, not contradictory at all. She's been shown to do it both eways. She can do just a part of the body, but she can also encase a whole area in it, and the subject is unable to leave untill she undoes it.

The gate keeper in the rescue rukia arc, she did just the wounded part.

Grimmjows arm, she did only his arm.

But when she was healing ichigo at hueco mundo the second time, he tried to get out of the barrier to continue the fight because kenpachi was being overwhelmed, and ichigo went into a panic and tried to come out to fight, but his panic was brought to an abrupt hault when his attempt to take off to fight was stopped by bouncing off her barrier without effect. Her barrier was actually restraining him, even though she didnt say or do anything to imply she was doing it on purpose. her intent to keep him alive and unharmed kicked in.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 optimuserik
I understand that ... and it is logical . But if she can control that restraining power it is really good , if not than it shouldn't be used on a part of body only because she would kinda create a barrier between the zone where she heals and the normal and more or less healthy body . That barier would definitely tear the veins on a human arm or leg and make things worse .
daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daorack

So far she's had no problem with it. I think it only kicks in when the whole body is in the barrier and her will to hold them back to protect them gets strong enough.

ANyways, enough on that one.

Lets see about another mysterious one. Such as unohana's bankai.

optimuserik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 optimuserik

First of all ... we have no facts ... only clues which were already said . Debating that we reached a somehow iffy conclusion of her being strong and perhaps the opposite of her Shikai .

I don't know if we can add more things here .

daorack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 daorack

I said "such as". I was making a point. We need to move on to anther mysterious power.

How about SHunsui's bankai?!