jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Alright so I'm in the mood for some reminiscing. When did you get your first system (either console or handheld), and what was the first game you remember playing on it? Also, if you have a memory of a game before you owned one yourself, feel free to throw that in as well.

My first console was the Sega Genesis I received for Christmas when I was in 1st grade. Not surprising, the first game I owned and played was the original Sonic the Hedgehog. My first real gaming memory was maybe a year before that, when I played a Mario arcade game after I snuck away from my parents at a restaurant :P

RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 RoseFlambe169
Member since 2009 • 11700 Posts

Go Sonic! Ah, the memories. Jeez though, sneaking away from your parents? What happened after that?

The first one I ever played... I don't remember which console, but it was a Sonic game. Around 1st or second grade. It wasn't mine though, and I sucked at it. Kept dying. Although, if you count educational computer games I think I may have had those back in Virginia. 3rd Grade Rescuers or whatever. The first game thing I completely owned was an SP maybe 4th or 5th grade, and the first game was Sapphire or something.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts
I remember a lot of MGS, started 13 years ago on PS1 and N64.
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 govinator07
Member since 2005 • 6352 Posts

Hmm.. well the first system i had was SNES.. but it was my brothers, i dont really remember playing anything on but i know i did :P

The first real gaming experiences i can remember are on Genesis, playing ToeJam and Earl and Battletoads with my brother.. Fond memories of those times, also cant forget NBA Jam: TE.. and Earthworm Jim

Oh the nostalgia :D 

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jubino

Hmm.. well the first system i had was SNES.. but it was my brothers, i dont really remember playing anything on but i know i did :P

The first real gaming experiences i can remember are on Genesis, playing ToeJam and Earl and Battletoads with my brother.. Fond memories of those times, also cant forget NBA Jam: TE.. and Earthworm Jim

Oh the nostalgia :D 

govinator07

Toe Jam and Earl was the "Great White Buffalo" of my youth, so to speak :P. I would always go this store with my grandpa (ironically called Grandpa's), which was like a small Wal-mart. Every time I passed by the video game section, Toe Jam and Earl always caught my eye, but I never got the game :(

govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 govinator07
That was some of the most fun ive ever had playing a game :D i wish i could have times like that with the games of now
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

Hey, I was thinking of making a topic like this :) I love being nostalgic:o

SNES was the first console I played, and I think probably Super Mario World the first game, I also remember an NHL game, forget the name, it was cool. and playing lot of Donkey Kong Country with cousins and stuff :P Me and my brothers got Sim City and NBA Jam at somepoint, which we still own, they are a lot of fun.

also remember my cousins bought an N64, so they brought it over, and we played Donkey Kong 64, this was a bewildering experience due to it being 3D. I remember thinking the level was upside down (the blue multiplayer level, the one with the walkways and water moat) I remember being very lost and t knowing my way around the map, but it was so much fun anyway. Then they got Cruisin' the World (I was thinking the otherr day, why dont they make another one of these games?) and that was a lot of fun. We got an N64, and bought Goldeneye, after renting it, it was a lot of fun, played it for days with friends. I remember renting Perfect Dark, and our buddies wanted to play Goldeneye instead :P but we tried to convince them PD was better. We reneted Sarges Heroes a lot, the first and snd, now we own them. We also would rent Star Craft and C&C. Worlds Not Enough was always fun, I never did buy it, but I found it on the ground one day, so I do own it, it may be my favorite game, for multiplayer anyway, the AI is super smart, they will flank you and hide and stuff, very versitile.

Xbox. our cousins bought one before us, and we were going to wait till the next console, but after plang Halo with them, we decided to buy one. I remember, they would lend us their Xbox, but the controlers would be broken (we ter found a better way of wraping the cords) so we would spend a lot of time, putting the cds in books, and tapping them to be able to play properly. They showed us Morrowind, we thought it wasn't going to be any good and wanted to play Halo :P buty convinced us, and we got hooked, I have never played the main story in that game, but am sure that I have played it more than Oblivion and possibly any other game. We would play lots of Halo and back with the N64 too, and we would listen to the radio, and make music tapes, and now those songs are all very good, I still listen to those tapes, and feel that they are some of the greatest things out there. With Xbox we also played games like Dead or Alive. Soul Caliber 2 was big for awhile, we got so good at it, so we could have one fight go on for long periods of time. I was renting games for a long while. I bought Minority Report, and it is a very fun game, its just so crazy, though you need to use the cheats in my opinion. I think thats it for Xbox, we played many other games (and we still have all these games, and play them) but they were a bit different. I remember Freedom Fighters, playing lots of matches with my brother, will need to do that again.

The 360 came out. and we bought one, my first game for that was SC: DA. I've beaten it once, and 2 half times. We mainly played Halo 3 for awhile there (and have started playing it again recently), we played multiplayer online, but then switched over to co-op and have beaten the campaign in one sitting multiple times, I would play, and we'd start around 10:00 and I would listen to the radio, and hear some good music, I still remember a song, but havent been able to ply it, it was on the Ark level, right before the scarab, there were two songs, one in particular though. We then moved onto Resident Evil 5, which I just played again today, we beat that one, and n mercenaries, unlocked all characters. Most recently we started playing Gears of War 2 (which I rented last year around this time, along with Left 4 Dead, which we played for a long time) We play hoarde, we are also trying to beat the campaign, but dont play it very much.

I bought a PS3 and have beaten MGS4, which is now one of my favorite games. I also bought Far Cry 2 for it, which I play online with my brother every once and awhile, did just recently, the single player I havent beaten, but I am trying, played some more today. I also bought LittleBigPlanet and am awaiting the second one, I have played this with friend from GS, and am making a level right now, I havent beaten the campaign/unlocked evrything but Its still awesome.

I think thats everything, hope you don't mind ;)

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bugbag

I have Perfect Dark but never played it.

I loved Freedom Fighters, MGS4 is awesome.

I need to buy Halo soon.

How is Farcry 2?

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bob_toeback

You should try Perfect Dark :D its quite good, I like the multiplayer best though, the single player I nevr rreally got into, except co-op :P

Far cry 2 is good, but it could be better, its kind of annoying how some of the places in the game are used more than once (Ive only noticed this once I think, butit was still weird, to go to the same place you went to before, to do a different mission) but its stil pretty fun, but I'd rent it first

govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 govinator07

Hey, I was thinking of making atopic like this :) I love being nostalgic:o SNES was the first console I played, and I think probably Super Mario World the first game, I also remember an NHL game, forget the name, it was cool. and playing lot of Donkey Kong Country with cousins and stuff :P Me and my brothers got Sim City and NBA Jam at somepoint, which we still own, they are a lot of fun. also remember my cousins bought an N64, so they brought it over, and we played Donkey Kong 64, this was a bewildering experience due to it being 3D. I remember thinking the level was upside down (the blue multiplayer level, the one with the walkways and water moat) I remember being very lost and t knowing my way around the map, but it was so much fun anyway. Then they got Cruisin' the World (I was thinking the otherr day, why dont they make another one of these games?) and that was a lot of fun. We got an N64, and bought Goldeneye, after renting it, it was a lot of fun, played it for days with friends. I remember renting Perfect Dark, and our buddies wanted to play Goldeneye instead :P but we tried to convince them PD was better. We reneted Sarges Heroes a lot, the first and snd, now we own them. We also would rent Star Craft and C&C. Worlds Not Enough was always fun, I never did buy it, but I found it on the ground one day, so I do own it, it may be my favorite game, for multiplayer anyway, the AI is super smart, they will flank you and hide and stuff, very versitile. Xbox. our cousins bought one before us, and we were going to wait till the next console, but after plang Halo with them, we decided to buy one. I remember, they would lend us their Xbox, but the controlers would be broken (we ter found a better way of wraping the cords) so we would spend a lot of time, putting the cds in books, and tapping them to be able to play properly. They showed us Morrowind, we thought it wasn't going to be any good and wanted to play Halo :P buty convinced us, and we got hooked, I have never played the main story in that game, but am sure that I have played it more than Oblivion and possibly any other game. We would play lots of Halo and back with the N64 too, and we would listen to the radio, and make music tapes, and now those songs are all very good, I still listen to those tapes, and feel that they are some of the greatest things out there. With Xbox we also played games like Dead or Alive. Soul Caliber 2 was big for awhile, we got so good at it, so we could have one fight go on for long periods of time. I was renting games for a long while. I bought Minority Report, and it is a very fun game, its just so crazy, though you need to use the cheats in my opinion. I think thats it for Xbox, we played many other games (and we still have all these games, and play them) but they were a bit different. I remember Freedom Fighters, playing lots of matches with my brother, will need to do that again. The 360 came out. and we bought one, my first game for that was SC: DA. I've beaten it once, and 2 half times. We mainly played Halo 3 for awhile there (and have started playing it again recently), we played multiplayer online, but then switched over to co-op and have beaten the campaign in one sitting multiple times, I would play, and we'd start around 10:00 and I would listen to the radio, and hear some good music, I still remember a song, but havent been able to ply it, it was on the Ark level, right before the scarab, there were two songs, one in particular though. We then moved onto Resident Evil 5, which I just played again today, we beat that one, and n mercenaries, unlocked all characters. Most recently we started playing Gears of War 2 (which I rented last year around this time, along with Left 4 Dead, which we played for a long time) We play hoarde, we are also trying to beat the campaign, but dont play it very much. I bought a PS3 and have beaten MGS4, which is now one of my favorite games. I also bought Far Cry 2 for it, which I play online with my brother every once and awhile, did just recently, the single player I havent beaten, but I am trying, played some more today. I also bought LittleBigPlanet and am awaiting the second one, I have played this with friend from GS, and am making a level right now, I havent beaten the campaign/unlocked evrything but Its still awesome.

I think thats everything, hope you don't mind ;)

bob_toeback

No offense dude but... paragraphs please :x wall o text is no fun 

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bob_toeback
lol sorry, I can agree with that. I'll seperate it into consoles
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 govinator07
Awesome stuff ;) sorry its just an eyesore :P
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bob_toeback
Yeah no problem :P I was thinking of it, I just didnt realize it was as long as it was
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 govinator07

:P its cool.. i know what its like.. i mean once you get in that mindset you can just go on for days

I had to restrain myself from wall o text this time.. 

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bob_toeback

lol too awesome, days:P:D

well you can always add more later ;)

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jubino
That's quite a bit of information! Sorry I stole your thunder by making this thread, I've just been thinking about hooking up my N64 or something lately. Fortunately for me, even though I trade a lot of games, with each console I have several games I deemed "classics" at the time, or in other words, games I thought would stand the test of time and I would someday want to play again. Needless to say, I've got a pretty decent collection of games for each one.
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bob_toeback
haha, thanks. and no problem I'm glad someone else made a thread like this :P N64 is a a very cool console :D I just dont like the controlers, but I do play it quite often still, the same games as I used to, they are definatly classics, and I agree with your definaition of that one ;) what games have you deemed classic
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bugbag
Hey Bob, did you see the E3 in 1975 video?
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bob_toeback
No, what is it? :o
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bugbag
Its really funny, go look on youtube, Mega 64 made it.:lol:
ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#21 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts
The first console I owned was the NES I got for Christmas.... I think it was Christmas. It may have been a birthday. First game on my own NES was off course Super Mario Bros. My fav game on the NES is Bionic Commando Before that I played on my older brother's C64, and before that was his Intellivision. My first handheld was my GameGear, and Sonic 2 was my first game on that. My fav game on the GG though is Streets of Rage 2.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bugbag

^

You started in the 80s didn't you?

ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#23 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts

^

bugbag
That I did.
bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bob_toeback
You guys must be brothers! :o jk:P but cool write up ebb
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bugbag
[QUOTE="bugbag"]

^

ebbderelict

That I did.

I started in the 90s, I wish I would have started earlier though.

spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#26 spirit7someguy
Member since 2009 • 3813 Posts

I watched a video game contest series on TV when I was 4, and was quite interested in video games. So when I was 5 my parents bought me a NES!!:D I was so excited but I was afraid to play super mario at first and wanted my dad to do it instead:cry:. After the first jump over the pipe and a stomp on the goomba.. I was never the same again:|.

At 6, I got a SNES. At 7 I started srsly getting into PC games. At 8 a got a PS1 and a gameboy. I've been playing tons of games, hours, until I turned 14, that's when I got my a PS2 but I also lost interest in gaming that much so I only stuck to old games and didn't actualyl played any above PS1... as last year was ending... i kinda completely lost the wish to play games. but now i tihnk it's reviving again.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bugbag

I watched a video game contest series on TV when I was 4, and was quite interested in video games. So when I was 5 my parents bought me a NES!!:D I was so excited but I was afraid to play super mario at first and wanted my dad to do it instead:cry:. After the first jump over the pipe and a stomp on the goomba.. I was never the same again:|.

At 6, I got a SNES. At 7 I started srsly getting into PC games. At 8 a got a PS1 and a gameboy. I've been playing tons of games, hours, until I turned 14, that's when I got my a PS2 but I also lost interest in gaming that much so I only stuck to old games and didn't actualyl played any above PS1... as last year was ending... i kinda completely lost the wish to play games. but now i tihnk it's reviving again.

spirit7someguy

A lot of people do that, they just seem to not like it anymore, I'm sure you will get back into it though.

spirit7someguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#28 spirit7someguy
Member since 2009 • 3813 Posts
yep just needed a few months break, i think i'm starting to feel like playing again quite soon.
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoseFlambe169
Amazing, on many different levels.
Avatar image for deactivated-587633796662c
deactivated-587633796662c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 deactivated-587633796662c
Member since 2009 • 6979 Posts
I had one of those 8 bit consoles first. Atari or something. I can't really remember it. Then I bought PS which is my favourite console ever 8) I still envy the times I play Spyro, Medievil, MGS, Tekken 3, Winning Eleven and other games on PS. Good times.
psp8976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#31 psp8976
Member since 2008 • 4310 Posts
i 2 hade a nes the frist game i ever play was the frist zelda game. So i kind of play some of the ps1,ps2 and snes,sega systeam some of the n64 but i never real own any thing tell the ps3 why. U all might ask well let say i got ground for about 2 year's yeah i kind piss off a stepmom and a stepdad.
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bugbag
I had one of those 8 bit consoles first. Atari or something. I can't really remember it. Then I bought PS which is my favourite console ever 8) I still envy the times I play Spyro, Medievil, MGS, Tekken 3, Winning Eleven and other games on PS. Good times.Nero_Viper
What consoles do you have?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-587633796662c

[QUOTE="Nero_Viper"]I had one of those 8 bit consoles first. Atari or something. I can't really remember it. Then I bought PS which is my favourite console ever 8) I still envy the times I play Spyro, Medievil, MGS, Tekken 3, Winning Eleven and other games on PS. Good times.bugbag

Not many. Other than those two, I only have PS2 and PS3. And a few handleds.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bugbag

[QUOTE="bugbag"][QUOTE="Nero_Viper"]I had one of those 8 bit consoles first. Atari or something. I can't really remember it. Then I bought PS which is my favourite console ever 8) I still envy the times I play Spyro, Medievil, MGS, Tekken 3, Winning Eleven and other games on PS. Good times.Nero_Viper

Not much. Other than those two, I only have PS2 and PS3. And a few handleds.

You like PS1 more than PS3???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-587633796662c
[QUOTE="Nero_Viper"]

[QUOTE="bugbag"][QUOTE="Nero_Viper"]I had one of those 8 bit consoles first. Atari or something. I can't really remember it. Then I bought PS which is my favourite console ever 8) I still envy the times I play Spyro, Medievil, MGS, Tekken 3, Winning Eleven and other games on PS. Good times.bugbag

Not much. Other than those two, I only have PS2 and PS3. And a few handleds.

You like PS1 more than PS3???

Pretty much.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bugbag

I don't want a PS4 though, like I said before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-587633796662c

bugbag

Neither do I unless, they really improve it. And I mean REALLY.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bugbag
[QUOTE="bugbag"]

Nero_Viper

Yeah, I think the PS3 is good enough at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-587633796662c
[QUOTE="Nero_Viper"][QUOTE="bugbag"]

bugbag

Yep but they might come with something we weren't expecting :o

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bugbag
[QUOTE="bugbag"][QUOTE="Nero_Viper"][QUOTE="bugbag"]

Nero_Viper

Like what?:o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-587633796662c
[QUOTE="Nero_Viper"][QUOTE="bugbag"][QUOTE="Nero_Viper"][QUOTE="bugbag"]

bugbag

Like what?:o

I don't know :o that's why I said "something we weren't expecting" :P

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bugbag

Are you....working with The Patriots, I mean, Sony?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-587633796662c
No I don't work with Pat.. *ehm* Sony. :roll:
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RoseFlambe169
What if they don't improve it much, but they make all the new games for the PS4? Then what? :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-587633796662c

What if they don't improve it much, but they make all the new games for the PS4? Then what? :?RoseFlambe169

Then you'll have an empty wallet :P

Well, let's hope they won't do it.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bugbag

What if they don't improve it much, but they make all the new games for the PS4? Then what? :?RoseFlambe169
:lol:

I hope not.

psp8976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#47 psp8976
Member since 2008 • 4310 Posts

[QUOTE="RoseFlambe169"]What if they don't improve it much, but they make all the new games for the PS4? Then what? :?bugbag

:lol:

I hope not.

well there is no word about PS4 coming out anytime soon we all still good tell sony say any thing
RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RoseFlambe169
Then you'll have an empty wallet :P

Well, let's hope they won't do it.Nero_Viper

:lol: I think I'm a bit less impulsive, but thank you for the insight on that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-587633796662c
[QUOTE="Nero_Viper"]Then you'll have an empty wallet :P

Well, let's hope they won't do it.RoseFlambe169

:lol: I think I'm a bit less impulsive, but thank you for the insight on that one.

Don't mention it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#50 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

my first was the big game boy that was grey, i played tetris and mickey mouse on that. After this i got Snes