Games Battle #3 R&C Future: TOD VS Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 supergohan1
Member since 2006 • 9554 Posts

Hey guys

We are here once again for Games Battle #3. Today we have 2 games from Insomniac and Naughty Dog, these 2 companies have been friendly rivals for sme time, but which companies game will get your vote? Insomniacs Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction or Naughty Dogs Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, it's all up to you guys.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is an Action-Adventure game following the role of the main protagonist: Nathan Drake, supposed decendent of the famous explorar: Sir Francis Drake as he follows the clues set by Sir Francis to find the lost treasure of El Dorado with the help of his partnear and mentor: Victor Sullivan along with TV Reported: Elena Fisher.

The story of this game is well told and the voice acting is as good as it gets, if your looking for a game thats as action packed as something you would see on the silver screen, this game is the way to go. All the cut scenes are rendered via motion censors, Naughty Dog hired actual TV actors to play the game charaters roles, so all the voicing was also done during these motion capture sessions, this gives the cutscenes a very realistic look and this games graphic engine only helps in that department. Not to mention, even in the gameplay, I would be suprised if motion censors were not used, because all of Nathan's movements look so real, if Nathan jumps from a hight, he will stagger or roll when he hits the ground, when he's running, he will stumble if he runs over something rugged, if he's going up or down steps, it will look like he is going up and down steps, it is truly a motion master piece.

The gameplay in this game is amazing also, even though you'll find yourself repeating the same old in gun fights... (duck, cover, shoot, duck, cover, shoot) They still remain interesting in their own right, even though waves of waves of pirates do tend to get old after a while, but the vehicle sequences and platforming break up the action and keep you playing further on, did I mention if Nathan gets wet, his clothes actually get wet! How many games have missed that detail out? Quite a lot I'd say.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction follows main protagonists, Ratchet & Clank as they fight to find the Lombax secret and to stop the evil Emperor Tacheons rule over the Galaxy. Ratchet & Clank return with more original wacky futuristic weapons in their PS3 debut and by no means has it lost any of it's trade mark humor.

This game brings Ratchet & Clank to the Current generation with a blast, the graphics are great and capture the wackyness of the series, this game also has a wide array of weapons and Gadgets which will help you through out the game in the battle agaist Tacheon. While this isn't the most difficult Ratchet & Clank game in the series, it still displays similar challenges to it's predecessors via platforming and shooting, these gameplay elements haven't changed a lot, but they are still engaging for new fans and old fans of the Ratchet & Clank series, you still collect bolts to buy ammo, weapons and the occasional Gadget as well as armour as well as some new gadgets, such as the Groovertron, a disco ball which forces enemies to dance while you mow them down with your over the top weaponary.

The story of this game is engaging, while still maintaining it's humor, it also brings a sense that something serious is going on, whcih some may say puts the series in an identity crisis, however, this is pureley opinion and in he end, it's up to you whether this is something good or bad for the series.

bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts
Uncharted.
supergohan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 supergohan1
Member since 2006 • 9554 Posts
Thanks for putting in a poll ;)
bugbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 bugbag
Member since 2006 • 33275 Posts
Thank you for making a game battle.
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 2chimcha3
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts
I gotta go with ratchet and clank. uncharted is cool put its not my kinda game.
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 govinator07
Member since 2005 • 6352 Posts
Not even close for me! Uncharted takes the cake over most games out.. plus ive never play R&C
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#7 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Future Tools of Destruction was actually my least favorite Ratchet and Clank created by Insomniac to date (excluding High Impact Games, who suck and creating video games.) I'm not saying it was bad, it was actually pretty good, but it seemed to be missing something from the original four from the PS2. And it tried to have an epic story but falls flat on its face.

RoseFlambe169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 RoseFlambe169
Member since 2009 • 11700 Posts
Uncharted. Ratchet & Clank get on my nerves. :x
Wolf-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wolf-Chief
Member since 2008 • 2894 Posts
i havent played ratchet and clank yet.oh and uncharted is the best
roto41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roto41
Member since 2008 • 9293 Posts
Only played ratchet and clank because there was a long line for uncharted on the playstation bus..
DonatelloToAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#11 DonatelloToAll
Member since 2009 • 813 Posts
Ratchet and Clank will always get my vote in game battles,except when they're versing Jak and Daxter;)
heavenboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 heavenboy666
Member since 2009 • 21257 Posts
Uncharted got my vote. The reason why I voted for Uncharted is 1st for its graphic 2nd for the story of the game and 3rd for collecting its trophies.
govinator07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 govinator07
Member since 2005 • 6352 Posts
i love Uncharted.. i cant wait for 2
ikhzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ikhzo
Member since 2008 • 23442 Posts

Uncharted2 ..its a lot more realistic..can't wait for the release..

besides..i haven't played R&C 

stephenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16 stephenage
Member since 2007 • 33416 Posts
Uncharted is my second favourite game of this generation and I thought Tools was very good but not great
FeltLyner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#17 FeltLyner
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
Uncharted for me;)